Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    I think I've clicked the Awesome button appropriately but just wanted to actually say ...

@Readalot1, @FoxyLovesKitty, @Cabelle1863 :star: AWESOME Deal Stalking skills, always love hearing when someone gets a great deal, or several.
    bekkasan wrote: »
    In case anyone is interested in more button drama. A new poll is up for the buttons from @simgurudrake. She added more choices as some simmers complained about not having the option to keep the ones that she was originally going to change. She was considering getting rid of zagadoo AND lol because of the complaints from certain players and abuse from certain players. Please vote if you are interested in keeping these buttons alive. She has since added the option to keep both of the buttons and change the name back to disagree. :)http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/854000/reaction-button-changes/p1
    Excellent, thanks for the heads-up. I do hope sanity prevails and they don't give in to the trolls and mischief-makers who try to abuse the system.
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hello Everyone! Here are the deals on the rotation for the next 24 hours. Coffee Bean Hipster Loft comes up at its best price at number 352. There are also a few other green (best price) items from other sets and a few things that appear only once on the rotation. Looking just a bit beyond what I've posted here, the best price for Beach Bummin' will come up at 362!

349 ) Playground High Chair / 30 / 83 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath; Tip Top Toddler Collection; Kids! 2010
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

350 ) Palace of Versailles / 944 / 1342 / 30% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 213, # 650, but less than # 417 )

351 ) Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Talavera Tile Counter / 19 / 50 / 62% / 2 hours
    Part of: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set; Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation; Fabulous Fiesta!; April 2012 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 858)

352 ) The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft / 450 / 1800 / 75% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation but 4 items are included in Eloquently Eclectic Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 182, # 77)

353 ) Vineyard Villa Furnishings / 423 / 810 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: October 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 397, # 1, but less than # 44 )

354 ) Everyday Casual Chic / 648 / 1337 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: May 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 759, # 628)

355 ) Pineapple Pottery / 14 / 31 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: Sun, Surf & Sand (Sleep); Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep); Quaint Cottage Collection

356 ) Demeter's End Table / 14 / 41 / 66% / 2 hours
    Part of: Muse Luxury
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 396, # 231, # 844)

357 ) Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes / 800 / 1987 / 60% / 2 hours
    Part of: January 2013 Compilation; 2 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 418, but less than # 138 )

358 ) Ancient Mosaic Rug / 13 / 42 / 69% / 2 hours
    Part of: Live, Laugh, Love; March 2013 Compilation

359 ) Tranquil Trickle Fountain / 7 / 25 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Zen Again; World Inspiration Compilation

360 ) That's my Dame Table Sculpture / 9 / 25 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: The Jazz Age Living Room; Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear; February 2011 Compilation
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• tiger_lily5tiger_lily5 Posts: 3,904 Member
    Yay! I got a lovely green download button on Live, Laugh, Love this morning thanks to some very kind simmers who helped me with the set. :blush:

I got up at 6am to get it, the things I do for my sims lol :D but they are going to have some great weddings with it! :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,869 Member
    Yay! I got a lovely green download button on Live, Laugh, Love this morning thanks to some very kind simmers who helped me with the set. :blush:

I got up at 6am to get it, the things I do for my sims lol :D but they are going to have some great weddings with it! :)

Me too!! I set an alarm for it haha :joy:
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • tiger_lily5tiger_lily5 Posts: 3,904 Member
    Lizzie1234 wrote: »

Lol same! :D It's the first early morning deal I've waited for and I was so worried I'd miss it! I was very relieved to see that button come up! :)

✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,869 Member

Lol same! :D It's the first early morning deal I've waited for and I was so worried I'd miss it! I was very relieved to see that button come up! :)

Yeah I'd only ever done late night ones before now! Haha yep, I was on my phone as well so I was praying it would work!
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    edited September 2015

Oh yay! Excellent work my friends! :star:

Is it strange that I miss the excitement and anticipation of deal stalking; identifying your prey, working out where it would be and when; setting the (alarm) trap to catch it, and then ... success! A prized deal is owned. Oh "those were the days my friend."*

I wonder how close to 100% a poll asking "Have you ever set an alarm to catch a Daily Deal?" would get? ;)

* Just in case ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUsmEcJSdzc :smiley:
    @ajaxpost - haha. I miss those days too, and the ones where I had my assigned days/times to check the sheet and update it as things sold out. I didn't get too many of those since I joined the spreadsheet team so late in the game, but they were fun! Love the song!
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• YoshiSimsYoshiSims Posts: 209 Member

I missed it :( well, there are other days

Sims 3 Store Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=SharnyaY
    Mod The Sims: Yoshiiteza
    Orign: Yoshi-iteza
    Howdy DD Stalkers! We are currently on number 360, That's My Dame Table Sculpture. Here are the deals on the rotation for the next 24 hours. Beach Bummin', Island Villa, and Everyday - Hot Summer Days all come up at their best price and I Heart the 50's makes its sole appearance on the rotation. Happy Shopping!

361 ) I Heart The 50's / 540 / 1000 / 46% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Includes: Rebel Just Because; Hogan’s Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit

362 ) Beach Bummin' / 539 / 762 / 29% / 2 hours
    Not part of any other set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 664)

363 ) Pastoral Perfection Stove / 58 / 99 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Provence; World Inspiration Compilation

364 ) Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels / 344 / 675 / 49% / 2 hours
    Part of: Finest Living, Finest Cooking; December 2011 Compilation Set; Blast From the Past Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 99 = # 513, but less than # 416 )

365 ) Island Villa / 98 / 347 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Island Escape Compilation; 4 items included in Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 451, # 459)

366 ) Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Charming Culture Counter / 24 / 45 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set; New Year, New Kitchen!; January 2012 Compilation

367 ) Everyday - Hot Summer Days / 338 / 963 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: June 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item (Less than # 876)

368 ) Doric Column Gate / 9 / 26 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: Live, Laugh, Love; March 2013 Compilation

369 ) Africa Inspiration Collection / 840 / 1309 / 36% / 2 hours
    Part of: Adventurous Life!; World Inspiration Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 873, # 850, # 310)

370 ) Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining / 301 / 630 / 52% / 2 hours
    Part of: July 2011 Compilation Set; Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection (one item)
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 89, but less than # 692, # 742 )

371 ) Aromatic Stove / 28 / 99 / 72% / 2 hours
    Part of: Ultra Lounge Kitchen; Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath; Ultra Lounge 2010; Best of 2010 Collection

372 ) Frequency Phosphorescent Fixture / 14 / 28 / 50% / 2 hours
    Part of: Futureshock Kitchen; February 2011 Compilation

YoshiSims wrote: »

I missed it :( well, there are other days
    That is sad, but we're not down-hearted because we know it will be yours eventually for we DD Stalkers have the skills and patience to get the very best deals.

Stay strong and focused, grasshopper, one day you will Own The Store! :)
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    I wonder how close to 100% a poll asking "Have you ever set an alarm to catch a Daily Deal?" would get? ;)
    Yes :) Not only did I set alarms, often I just stayed up into the wee hours of the morning.

I definitely miss the excitement of the days when I was stalking rather than just monitoring the DD. While the quick sell outs caused a lot of despair for those who missed landing the deals when they sold out in 30 seconds, the adrenaline sure flowed. I miss the excitement of finally grabbing a certain deal and discovering all the green download buttons, especially those that cascaded. While this thread is still one of the most active on the Sims 3 forum, I miss the days when the posts would fill a few pages in just a few hours.

The lyrics of the song are so appropriate. I know that @Cogitotoro or @ZeeGee could adapt the lyrics for the DD (no pressure - ;) ).

These lyrics don't need to be changed, as they fit perfectly:
    Those were the days my friend
    We thought they'd never end
    We'd sing and dance forever and a day

While our brains knew the store could not produce Sims 3 items forever, our hearts thought we would have new content forever - at least long past August 2014. We definitely sang and danced. I remember all the chanting we did back in May 2013 waiting for the Stones Throw Greenhouse. Then there was our chant about the list that would never end. Ah, those were the days.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited September 2015
    @Me1620 I remember that (May 2013 list), I was such a newbie back then when it came to the DD. That was my first DD list. That list was only 452 items long with very few repeats. The much wanted stones throw greenhouse was half price and number one on the list. And no I didn't go and hunt it down in the forums, it's bookmarked for nostalgia sake. :smiley:
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
    Me1620 wrote: »
    Yes :) Not only did I set alarms, often I just stayed up into the wee hours of the morning.

I definitely miss the excitement of the days when I was stalking rather than just monitoring the DD. While the quick sell outs caused a lot of despair for those who missed landing the deals when they sold out in 30 seconds, the adrenaline sure flowed. I miss the excitement of finally grabbing a certain deal and discovering all the green download buttons, especially those that cascaded. While this thread is still one of the most active on the Sims 3 forum, I miss the days when the posts would fill a few pages in just a few hours.

The lyrics of the song are so appropriate. I know that @Cogitotoro or @ZeeGee could adapt the lyrics for the DD (no pressure - ;) ).

While our brains knew the store could not produce Sims 3 items forever, our hearts thought we would have new content forever - at least long past August 2014. We definitely sang and danced. I remember all the chanting we did back in May 2013 waiting for the Stones Throw Greenhouse. Then there was our chant about the list that would never end. Ah, those were the days.
    Ahh yes, Jodi, I can definitely relate to everything you've said :)

I used that phrase and the old song just leapt straight into my head - I was at primary school and just starting to recognise and remember favourite songs when it was a hit. I thought it was a lot more downbeat than it is (I think I was mixing it up with another song from around the same time, though I do remember one of the teachers telling me off because I was always singing it!)

But as it turns out the lyric is quite relevant; it's so easy to think of this thread as a favourite tavern where we spend a lot of time with our friends but eventually have to leave for a while to do other things. Then, whenever we pass by the forums again we find that it's still there just like it always used to be, full of friends, old and new, still around enjoying the same fun as we did back 'when we were young' :smiley::heart:

@Me1620 I remember that (May 2013 list), I was such a newbie back then when it came to the DD. That was my first DD list. That list was only 452 items long with very few repeats. The much wanted stones throw greenhouse was half price and number one on the list. And no I didn't go and hunt it down in the forums, it's bookmarked for nostalgia sake. :smiley:
    Yep, that was a particularly exciting time as I recall :)

And, ditto, I have lots of nostalgic threads, DD and others, bookmarked to enjoy again and again :smiley:

• Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    Yea! Habitat finally finished my real house. The downside was the closing is in a week. Good thing my landlord is so great and is willing to waive the 30 day advanced notice requirement for moving out (they have known Habitat was building me a house and found a tenant that could move in whenever it was done).
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    What a great song! @ajaxpost. And thanks for tagging me, @Me1620 and bringing me back to this awesome thread. OE crazy busy right now. It makes me a little sad that I missed the glory days of Sims 3 but oh well, better late than never!
  • CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    Elf67 wrote: »
    Yea! Habitat finally finished my real house. The downside was the closing is in a week. Good thing my landlord is so great and is willing to waive the 30 day advanced notice requirement for moving out (they have known Habitat was building me a house and found a tenant that could move in whenever it was done).

That is such incredibly wonderful news! Moving is horrible, but I know you've been waiting for your Habitat house for a looooong time. Happy homeownership!!!
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
    Yea! Habitat finally finished my real house. The downside was the closing is in a week. Good thing my landlord is so great and is willing to waive the 30 day advanced notice requirement for moving out.
    That is excellent news, hope the move goes as smoothly as can be and that you can relax now and really enjoy your new home. :)

Cogitotoro wrote: »

Is it strange that I miss the excitement and anticipation of deal stalking; identifying your prey, working out where it would be and when; setting the (alarm) trap to catch it, and then ... success! A prized deal is owned. Oh "those were the days my friend."

Challenge accepted. :) And hello, old friends...

Once upon a time there was a forum
    Where we used to post and laugh and cry
    Remember how we chatted away hours
    And dreamed of all the great things we could buy

On the page I got a notification
    The system said someone had said my name
    Oh my friends we're owners but still visit
    For in our hearts we carry that old flame

Those were the deals my friends
    We'd chat and gift forever and a day
    We'd laugh and sympathize
    Wait for new lists to rise
    Those were the deals, and yes those were the days
    La la la la...
    Oh Ashley! That is AWESOME! :love::star:

Absolutely LOVE IT. You've captured, in song, the wonder of this ol' thread and why we still "carry that old flame". BRILLIANT!! :heart:

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member

Is it strange that I miss the excitement and anticipation of deal stalking; identifying your prey, working out where it would be and when; setting the (alarm) trap to catch it, and then ... success! A prized deal is owned. Oh "those were the days my friend."

Once upon a time there was a forum
    Where we used to post and laugh and cry
    Remember how we chatted away hours
    And dreamed of all the great things we could buy

We'd wait and watch forever and a day
    We'd customize our games
    From hipsters to grand dames
    For our store team would surely always stay.

Then the new Sims 4 came rushing at us
    We lost our prime importance on the way
    When the store would start a new DD list
    We'd feel the end approaching and we'd say

We'd get new stuff forever and a day
    We'd tailor-make our Sims
    Provocative to prim
    La la la la...

Just today I came back on the forum
    Nothing seemed the way it used to be
    On the screen I saw a strange blank wishlist
    Was that store-owning Simmer really me?

We'd hunt and hope forever and a day
    We'd take turns tracking deals
    We'd post our groans and squeals
    La la la la...

On the page I got a notification
    The system said someone had said my name
    Oh my friends we're owners but still visit
    For in our hearts we carry that old flame

We'd chat and gift forever and a day
    We'd laugh and sympathize
    Wait for new lists to rise
    La la la la...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUsmEcJSdzc :smiley:

*Bows before the master* we need an awesomest button now :)
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @elf67 awesome news!! congrats!

@cogitotoro <3<3<3 You made me cry :'( I love owning the store, but, the hunt sure was fun!!! Thanks for accepting @me1620's challenge :)
  • Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    Now I just have the fun with loading the pod, changing addresses with important companies and transferring services. The loading the pod thing wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't so dang hot. Have to wait until tomorrow for the necessary phone calls, as we are getting our typical Florida afternoon thunderstorms.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Elf67 yep...it is getting dark outside my window so I think one is coming my way too.
    But as it turns out the lyric is quite relevant; it's so easy to think of this thread as a favourite tavern where we spend a lot of time with our friends but eventually have to leave for a while to do other things. Then, whenever we pass by the forums again we find that it's still there just like it always used to be, full of friends, old and new, still around enjoying the same fun as we did back 'when we were young' :smiley::heart:
    And, ditto, I have lots of nostalgic threads, DD and others, bookmarked to enjoy again and again :smiley:

Perfect analogy. We could rename the thread the DD Stalking and Good Times at the Red Dragon Pub ;)

I have lots of threads bookmarked too!

... I used that phrase and the old song just leapt straight into my head - I was at primary school and just starting to recognise and remember favourite songs when it was a hit. I thought it was a lot more downbeat than it is (I think I was mixing it up with another song from around the same time, though I do remember one of the teachers telling me off because I was always singing it!)
    I also was in elementary school when the song was released. My oldest sister was in junior high (we did not call it middle school back then) and I think she had the song on a 45. I also used to confuse the song with "Both Sides Now" by Judy Collins. Don't ask me to explain how I could confuse the two, since one is definitely more upbeat than the other.
    @Cogitotoro - Ashley!!! Amazingly AWESOME!!! Bravo. Love it.
    1078584.gif

@ZeeGee - You're welcome for the tag. Sorry that OE is so hectic. I want to share this post with everyone so they can see how you and Ashley are both masters of adapting songs to the TS3 store.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    So great that your new OE home is ready and that your landlord is being so accommodating. I hope your move goes smoothly.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top