Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    axel1015 wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I just started sharing my stories, and I have to say it's lots of fun! I wanted to just drop in and say hi, I'm really interested in this thread! I like to focus on developing my sims and their stories, therefor creating dynamic characters who change thorough the story. I tend to focus less on the jobs and skills and more on their families, and relationships. I also like challenges like the legacy challenge. I tried it back in TS3 and got to generation 5...and I don't know what happened to the family. I came here mainly because of @CathyTea. She has been such a kind person, and has helped me in creating my blog. So once I saw that she was a part of this thread, I had to check it out! So what's going on with everyone!? :)

sup-cat.gif
    Sup! And welcome! :D

Always good to see new writers join the fray. Hope you enjoy your stay!
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    Hi there!

My name's Stephanie. I'm obviously new-ish to the forums, but I've stumbled across a few Sim stories around and they've piqued my interest. I'm working on a legacy challenge and am hoping to write a story along side it. Just wanted to introduce myself because I imagine I'll be on this board quite frequently!

In the meantime, I'm scrolling through the last few pages and checking out some of the previous posters' stories.

I'm so glad I found these forums - I always thought I was a little wacky for writing stories about my sims. :P

Welcome! Welcome!

You may be wacky, but we're all wacky here! :D
    technotim.gif
    So embrace your wackiness and go nuts! :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hi there!

My name's Stephanie. I'm obviously new-ish to the forums, but I've stumbled across a few Sim stories around and they've piqued my interest. I'm working on a legacy challenge and am hoping to write a story along side it. Just wanted to introduce myself because I imagine I'll be on this board quite frequently!

In the meantime, I'm scrolling through the last few pages and checking out some of the previous posters' stories.

I'm so glad I found these forums - I always thought I was a little wacky for writing stories about my sims. :P

Welcome! Welcome!

technotim.gif

i second that. its hard to argue with someone who calls themselves munterbacon. lol.
    Hi there!

Welcome! Welcome!

technotim.gif

i second that. its hard to argue with someone who calls themselves munterbacon. lol.

Touché!
    dustshaela.jpg
    edited September 2015
    Hi there!

Welcome! Welcome!

technotim.gif

whats funnier is i yell at wings playfully shes named after food too. so figure that one out. her name makes me hungry
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    Hello all! :)

And a very special welcome to @axel1015 and @SimmerSteffie! It's always really good to have new writers join us in the Lounge! :)

@Munterbacon *flargles* She's a cutie! I want to give her a huge hug. So well-behaved too, sitting patiently in the car! <3

And a very special welcome to @axel1015 and @SimmerSteffie! It's always really good to have new writers join us in the Lounge! :)

@Munterbacon *flargles* She's a cutie! I want to give her a huge hug. So well-behaved too, sitting patiently in the car! <3

She would love that. But you would most likely come away from your hugging experience completely soaked in dog slobber! :D
    dustshaela.jpg

She would love that. But you would most likely come away from your hugging experience completely soaked in dog slobber! :D

dog slobber ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I second that. D:

*makes mental note to bundle ninjapig in a towel for dog hugs*
    edited September 2015

I second that. D:

*makes mental note to bundle ninjapig in a towel for dog hugs*

no ninja is a pig. you need to put the towel around the dog.i said that wrong put the towel around the dog. that way the dog can't get you.
    no ninja is a pig. you need to put the towel around the dog.i said that wrong put the towel around the dog. that way the dog can't get you.

*places a towel around both of them* There. Slobber-free mess! :D
  • simlady36simlady36 Posts: 780 Member
    Do any of you guys ever feel like no one reads your stuff
  • BgBn7510BgBn7510 Posts: 100 Member
    Heres is my lastest update and I have moved over to blogspot. Here the link: Date Troubles
    My Sims Stories
    Origin ID: Lindz200611
  • BgBn7510BgBn7510 Posts: 100 Member
    @friendsfan365 and @Cathytea Can you put this "http://asimsaddict.blogspot.com/&quot; address in the place of my wordpress. For I moved over to this one and this is where it will stay. A Sims Addict (Lindsay - Ben200608)
    My Sims Stories
    Origin ID: Lindz200611
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    edited September 2015
    simlady36 wrote: »

All the time! LOL! And whenever I feel that way, I always remind myself to unhook from having other people reading my work as a source of motivation. I've gotten to the point where I like it when I feel that no one reads my work because then, I can write more bravely--I don't have to worry about whether anyone "likes" it or comments or who reads or who doesn't. I can focus in on just writing because I've got a Sim story to explore. That feeling gives me freedom and strength.

So now, when I get that feeling of having no one reading my work, I get secretly happy. It means I get to work on finding my way back to the feeling of freedom and strength that comes from writing for the intrinsic joy of writing. And that's what I love most of all!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    BgBn7510 wrote: »
    @friendsfan365 and @Cathytea Can you put this "http://asimsaddict.blogspot.com/&quot; address in the place of my wordpress. For I moved over to this one and this is where it will stay. A Sims Addict (Lindsay - Ben200608)

Got it! Thanks for sharing the update!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • moonswirlsmoonswirls Posts: 2,350 Member

Literally my entire time writing I've felt like that buuuut I don't care ^-^

And... the great irony is that so many people do read it and love it! It's probably an ok feeling to have, since it lets you stay true to your vision and write even the tough stuff that you've got to write!

CathyTea wrote: »

And... the great irony is that so many people do read it and love it! It's probably an ok feeling to have, since it lets you stay true to your vision and write even the tough stuff that you've got to write!

Thank you Miss Cathy, but I believe my viewership has disappeared in my absence :p

Thank you Miss Cathy, but I believe my viewership has disappeared in my absence :p

They'll come right back when you post your next update! :)<3

Oh--eXo is so right! You know that you haven't lost your readership! And they will come racing back as soon as they know you're posting! :)

Oh--eXo is so right! You know that you haven't lost your readership! And they will come racing back as soon as they know you're posting! :)

I do hope so, you guys will haaaate me for what I have planned B)

I do hope so, you guys will haaaate me for what I have planned B)

Not likely, but expect ninjapig to steal a cookie from your cupboard to feel better! ;)
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Hi there!

Welcome :) Great that you found this thread, it's a great supportive community for writers and aspiring writers :) Looking forward to reading your Legacy!
    Ugh, too much thinking about my story tonight at work has resulted in random storytelling doubts about things to come... And I can't even vent about my concerns because of major spoilers :lol:

But plum it all, I'm just gonna write this thing as planned and not change anything. I'm way too far in to go back now :tongue:

Ugh. Part of me is SO excited to shift my focus to the much-less-stressful PNN once D2D is all over, not gonna lie :lol:

I don't want D2D to be over because it's soooo awesome but on the other hand I want to know the ending xD
    Hi there!

Welcome! Welcome!

technotim.gif

I agree xD best forum name ever because it has Bacon in it!

Yeah, my second story 'Discovery' has a drop dead thread xD no one ever comments. But one or two people always like on my blog so that is enough for me to keep going :) And also I write this story for myself because I'm in love with the plot. It's a smaller story that I will be able to end soon so I will be proud of myself for pulling through :)

@Babydollanne of course no one comments for a while if you don't update. But when you update again, readers will come back ^^ bookmarks stay in place :D
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Happy Timezones all!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top