Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does your house look?

Comments

• NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    I have so many houses that should've been out on the exchange forever ago but still aren't so I'm just going to tell you about one of them.

The other day I finished a small farmhouse with two bedrooms and one bath (no nursery) that I started working on at least two years ago. It's old, cluttered yet cute, and comes with a chicken coop and a nectary in the basement. There are two versions of the house, one for human sims and one for fairy sims. The human version comes without vegtables and grapvines but the fairy one comes with said plats and a fairy house.

I'll see if I post pictures some other time. Right now I'm having trouble retreaving my photobucket account. :/
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I've created the Rothman Mansion for Wolfgang and his mother Elizabeth to live in for my "Beauty and the Beast" game. Later Kathy Hayward will be added to the household.

Screenshot-173_zpszljr6jjz.jpg
    Screenshot-176_zpszgakydip.jpg
    Screenshot-178_zps56irvyf9.jpg
    Screenshot-180_zps8xbw8h01.jpg
    View of the house from the garden penthouse across the street.
    Screenshot-209_zpskmfpcymb.jpg
    Wolfgang and his mother arriving for minor testing.
    Screenshot-210_zpseedajmqp.jpg
    Screenshot-211_zpse0xeswwp.jpg
    Wolfgang will occupy the purple bedroom until he gets turned into a werewolf. Then he will retreat to the third floor that is accessed through a secret bookcase doorway.
    Screenshot-212_zpsyghc0n5c.jpg
  • flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    Oh WOW!!!!! Just found this thread and I must say there are some incredible builds here!!!! You all are awesome! I would like to add a couple of the builds I did for one of my worlds (I will just show the exterior and at the end will be a link for the thread they are in)

Screenshot-106.jpg
    Screenshot-17_2.jpg
    Screenshot-43_2.jpg
    Screenshot-5_2.jpg
    Screenshot-14_1.jpg
    Screenshot-18_1.jpg

These are builds found in my version of the Sims 1 world "Maxis Island", the World Thread can be found here

And the Lot's thread can be seen here
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited September 2015
    @cwaddell AWESOME looking house! :3 It's so pretty... :) Is it up for download?
    @flstrider I like them! I'll definitely check out the links, too. :)

Edit: Long post, so I made it shorter. :3
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • 6020906060209060 Posts: 433 Member
    I like your work @flstrider !! :smiley:

@cwaddell: The architecture in Rothman Mansion looks gorgeous!! :blush:

My first palatial attempt: Blenheim Palace :mrgreen:

Screenshot-130.jpg
    @60209060 thank you very much and what a beautiful Palatial! is it available for download I could use it in a world I am currently working on!
    @SilentWolf101 thank you very much!
    NewSig.jpg

• 6020906060209060 Posts: 433 Member
    flstrider wrote: »
    @60209060 thank you very much and what a beautiful Palatial! is it available for download I could use it in a world I am currently working on!

Thanks. I am currently working on it
    60209060 wrote: »
    flstrider wrote: »

Thanks. I am currently working on it

Well I would love to showcase it in a world I am working on so I will definitely be watching the other thread on its progress!

NewSig.jpg

edited September 2015
    @cwaddell AWESOME looking house! :3 It's so pretty... :) Is it up for download?
    Thank you very much. It is in my studio - Rothman Mansion.

I made it for a 30X45 lot in an empty world Laguna Coast Lite from a 30X40 lot in Midnight Hollow (I think it was called a Serious Shack).
    60209060 wrote: »
    @cwaddell: The architecture in Rothman Mansion looks gorgeous!! :blush:

My first palatial attempt: Blenheim Palace :mrgreen:
    Thanks and love your palace.

Also I like your houses @flstrider, especially the last one.
    @cwaddell Awesome, thanks! :) I'll download it soon. :)

So, I'm thinking about putting the houses uploaded in this thread on the front page somewhere with links to download them. What do you all think?
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • ReddvelvettReddvelvett Posts: 236 Member
    Where does the pool object come from and how you get them to do that
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member
    O my, I don't think I noticed this thread before. There are some excellent builds here - some I've seen in other threads but also some great new ones I'll have to revisit later to check out in detail. I'll like to share my most recent lot. The kitchen is my fav part :)

Download link => thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8752326
    Showcase with pics =>forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/848690/soocoolsims-showcase-new-chocolate-n-cream-dream/p1

[img][/img]Cover-long_zpsh2xdphnr.jpg
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    O my, I don't think I noticed this thread before. There are some excellent builds here - some I've seen in other threads but also some great new ones I'll have to revisit later to check out in detail. I'll like to share my most recent lot. The kitchen is my fav part :)

Showcase with pics =>forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/848690/soocoolsims-showcase-new-chocolate-n-cream-dream/p1

It looks beautiful! And thank you for including the download link. :)

@Reddvelvett
    If by pool object, you mean pool, then it's in build mode, in the very top left corner.
    If by pool object, you mean things like slides, then those will be in the pool section underneath the ladder tab. I think things like slides need either custom content or certain expansion packs to use.
  • ReddvelvettReddvelvett Posts: 236 Member
    soocoolsim wrote: »

It looks beautiful! And thank you for including the download link. :)

@Reddvelvett
    If by pool object, you mean pool, then it's in build mode, in the very top left corner.
    If by pool object, you mean things like slides, then those will be in the pool section underneath the ladder tab. I think things like slides need either custom content or certain expansion packs to use.

Thanks so much, these homes are gorgeous btw.
    So, the house that took forever for me to build..... The pet rescue shelter. :)
    Entire%20lot_zpstfwrwoei.png
    A tour of the first floor:
    First%20floor_zps9jtomtkl.png
    Cat room:
    Cat%20Room_zpsbfesadcx.png
    Dog room:
    Dog%20Room_zpsykrozzok.png
    The kitchen/living room/dining room:
    Living%20kitchen%20and%20dinning%20rooms_zpszamchxvn.png
    The minor pets room:
    Minor%20Pets%20Room_zpskhu3wkhx.png
    Now, the second floor:
    Second%20Floor_zpsthvl14bw.png
    The nursery and kid's room:
    Nursery%20and%20Kid%20room_zpsxn78wadv.png
    The master bedroom/bathroom:
    Master%20Bedroom_zpssjlrtqts.png
    Master%20Bath_zpsfuo70yai.png
    Now, the barn and horse area:
    Barn%20first%20floor_zpsm0zehmn5.png
    Barn%20second%20floor_zps5yvnj4am.png
    Horse%20Roaming%20area%20obstacle%20course%20and%20garden._zpsv5vfnpor.png
    Then there's the garden, but no pics of that. So, there's the house. :) Kind of simple, but... Whatever.
    I'd forgotten about this thread since they moved it from general discussion.

My "beast" just added this greenhouse. I thought it would keep his mother's roses blooming even in winter just like the vegetable and fruit plants, but no such luck.
    Screenshot-330_zpst9tpvbrz.jpg
    Screenshot-421_zpsixshalz5.jpg
    I don't ever remember moving it, to be honest... But yeah, this thread is still up and running. :3
    Also, lovely house!
    Thank you.
    EA reorganized the forums and moved a few things around and renaming a few of the main headings, I think they did that to see how confused they could make this old man....lol!!
    NewSig.jpg

@flstrider XD Yeah, and this youngster too. XD
  • RebornMonsterRebornMonster Posts: 552 Member
    Been considering doing a short-story about a runaway teenager. But, I'm a little bugged about them just plopping down on a flat plot of land that they somehow own... so, I made a suitable lot for mine to squat on.

Screenshot-3_zpsyv833pq4.jpg?t=1449814444

It's an abandoned swimming beach/boat rental. It's on a custom placed lot on an open section of beach on the bay in Moonlight Falls, so it's pretty hard to re-create. If anyone's interested I may still package it for download.

More on my tumblr.
    http://eternalrebirthmonster.tumblr.com/post/135031735392/an-abandoned-swimming-beach-its-a-little-build
    Gen1Banner.png
    @RebornMonster thanks for sharing! It looks pretty cool. :3
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited June 2016
    I started playing The Sims 3 when my niece got Supernatural for Christmas, and watching over her shoulder sold me on the game. So I have always had that EP. In all that time, however, I have never played with a Vampire - for one, the undead are kind of a creepy idea to me. For another, it just doesn't feel right playing one in a little starter trailer.

Well, I got to experimenting with some accumulated "gothic revival" build/buy assets, and decided to build a house that I felt does suit a Vampire. And what better way to raise a thread from the grave?

.*~' : cues spooky music, performs Forum necromancy: .' *~. Arise!

A tribute to Carfax Abbey, Collinwood, and any other huge, old, gothic mansion that tickled my imagination. Sorry the screenies are a bit dark - this house really needs to be captured at night. Enter freely and of your own will... :)

7F8Pgfs.jpg

I had intentions with this build (such as wanting to use the secret door bookcase in a house it made sense in, to access a secret vault) but did not really have a plan, so the thing grew haphazardly, giving me fits trying to roof it. But having this flat gap behind the spire a.) gave me a perfect spot to place a telescope and b.) gave me a reason to have a spiral stair up the spire. Play-tested, just to make sure it really works. It does! I was concerned that the roofline would interfere with viewing, but it's actually not any higher than the neighboring hills. And Vampire = nocturnal, so I figure he's a born stargazer.

8Bg482i.jpg

That's as high as access goes at present, though I did put the big old bell from Miscellaneous Decor up in the tower, just because. But we're jumping the gun, starting at the top. The bottom of the spire is a foyer, which exists pretty much just to wow visitors, in case the giant oak-and-handforged hinges door under the massive porte-cochère and towering façade didn't drop their jaws sufficiently. :)

Said door, from the inside, and the view coming into the house. Note mirror to handily note which guests have reflections (I was a bit disappointed that Sims 3 Vampires do, but one can pretend ;) ).

CahCT3U.jpg

J2yJlYi.jpg

Here's a better look at the room one can glimpse from the entry. The foyer also connects the living room to the dining room by way of a hall large enough to deploy a buffet table so guests can get at it from all sides, and go right in and sit down (There is also a butler's pantry, not shown, between the dining room and kitchen, for putting out platters of cooked meals, when I do that instead. Because mansion ;) ).

0aSgrDa.jpg

gtypwWr.jpg

The dining room, naturally, opens on a terrace, overlooking the formal gardens, so that party guests can flee for their lives stretch their legs in the fresh air after dinner. View from the terrace, then back toward it and the east side of the house from the garden (an actual plant-food-in-the-ground garden, if I add one, will be beyond the hedge, closer to the greenhouse).

kAaoNL9.jpg

2s6qK7O.jpg

This being a house by Sindocat, the greenhouse itself is only incidentally about plants. Really, it is about the spa, massage table and sauna. Things I learned today: greenhouses count as outdoors, as far as Vampire exposure to sunlight goes. Aubrey de Montsalvat will be using it as seen here, at night. :)

n6Cecz3.jpg

mrFmxqu.jpg

The greenhouse also gives access to the spacious back pasture, as well as the exterior garage, kennels and stable, because if you are going to do the stately home thing properly, it calls for horses and hounds (not included - still play-testing the build, but in the plans. :) ).

h6JxO5r.jpg

OP2hzHT.jpg

"But wait," you say, "where in all those outdoor shots is that telescope perch you led off with?" It's a big house. Come on around the corner of the north wing from the paddock, back toward the library, and look up. See? :)

jFVz6iv.jpg

Now quick - let's get back indoors before the sun come up and burns us to a crisp. And speaking of the library, where the bookcases are kept.... can you find the secret door?

MjgIvIz.jpg

r94TwP2.jpg

It's the second one from Correy's left, next to the fireplace. Oh, and that's Correy Harwood, Aubrey's live-in blood donor housemate. The passage runs between the living room and library fireplaces (hence the two distinct chimney stacks, if you were paying attention). Very hard to capture in a screenshot, but here's the stair down. And a locked gate. Maybe this isn't such a good idea...

Qil3MBX.jpg

ENdBvKi.jpg

Because if one is going to hide from the daystar in an undead torpor, one really ought to do it with style! :D

JApt60y.jpg

Having raised this thread from the dead to make this post, I figure a crypt is the best place to leave it. :) I'll share the lot on the Exchange once I have fixed any issues I find in the play test. Apologies for a long post - I tried to just hit highlights. Maybe more, in daylight, of the upstairs and living areas. Happy Simming!
  • tribbotribbo Posts: 2,441 Member
    edited June 2016
    Your all such good builders! Woah.
    MAFIA STATS
    Played: 18 | Won: 9 | Lost: 9
    Town Wins: 4 | Mafia Wins: 5 | Third Wins: 0
    Played as Town: 10 | Played as Mafia: 9 | Played as Third: 1