Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phone Error

RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
edited September 2015 in The Sims 2
So I restarted my legacy challenge since I got a new computer and it was going good but I bought them a phone to ring their lover but everytime I did this I got a message saying error and I had to press delete because reseting it kept causing the pop up to come back straight away. This is quite annoying because it also causes an error on my sim somehow and a lot of the time I press delete (Because that's what I do for the phone error) and I end up deleting my sim! So I exit to neighbourhood without saving and I have to play a day or so before getting back to where I was.
Does anyone know what has caused this?
Thanks! :)

Edit: I did some research and found out this problem could be caused by hacks conflicting with each other which is probably what's causing the issue :no_mouth:

Another edit: It's not that it's conflicting with any mod because I took them all out and it still doesn't work :/
Post edited by Razing on

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Do you always play with the testingcheatsenabled code on?

First thing- turn off the testing cheats code. That gives you the option of what to do instead of the game deciding- that's why the popup options.

Where does the lover live?

• RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
    edited September 2015
    I normally play with testing cheats off but I turned it on because my sim freezes once I go back into live mode after I buy the phone so I reset them which I'll then turn it off but the pop ups still appear.
    I've placed the lover in a house in the neighbourhood. I've tried using a phone in other households but the same thing happens. I have a feeling I must have downloaded a mod that has over written the phone interactions but messed it up somehow? :/
    Thanks for replying :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Oh, okay. I can understand turning it on. :)

Do you keep all your mods/hacks in one folder? If you do, I usually remove the last ones that I added or 1/2 of the Downloads at a time to find what's causing problems.

Good luck! :mrgreen: