Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    @kezflake thanks for your lovely comments! <3 I loved your build as well even tho it's over budget! It had such a lovely grand feel to it! :) I agree with you on the other builds as well. Everyone is so talented :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @kezflake, Thank you for the kind comments. :) I'm sorry you didn't get your home in on time, it's such a pretty townhouse! :) I agree with you about it being a weird week. I honestly didn't think I would finish in time. :cold_sweat: I don't think I've ever taken pics and organized a slideshow so fast, in my life. :p

@Issabella14, Thank you for the lovely comment. :) Your home is Gorgeous! Such a cool design with the pool and sunken sitting area. Love the two story library! :blush:

@TwtyBrd0707, Fabulous Victorian! So nicely landscaped for privacy and the interiors are Beautifully done. I know how easy it is to go over budget, and once you've put such pretty things in the home, it's so difficult to try to take anything away. :s

@itguyinsc, Awesome home, Itsy! Wish you got it in on time...I love the way you designed the back deck and the sunken living room. So cool. :)<3

@lisa17ann, The Novelist Nest is such a Pretty home with the wrap around porch and white fencing. The backyard is lovely and very private, just perfect for Fire. :)

@mommataurus2, Opulent Seclusion is such a grand and lovely home! I Love the turtles in the pool and Fire's cozy study. :)
    So sweet of you to say @WrathofCath your build looks stunning and so peaceful! I'd like to stay in it! Everyone has done brilliantly I have to say!

• mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    I agree @Lisa17ann these builds are amazing!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Challenge #26 is now officially closed. We'll be posting #27 shortly, we hope you'll join us :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited September 2015
    #27 - Ryunoten, Attorneys at Law

The intercom beeps at your desk, startling you out of concentration. “Ah, yes Rose?”

Hearing the faint quaver in your voice, Rose suppresses a giggle and chirps, “Your 4:30 is here. Shall I send them back?”

“Um, yes. Go ahead.” You manage to recover your dignity, making sure to save your work carefully, before there is a polite knock on the door. You stand up with a smile, as a man and a woman enter the room.

The woman is lovely, with a mass of coiled copper braids pinned at the back of her neck and large soft coloured eyes. Her willowy figure is clad in an lady-like business suit of sky blue. Following her in, his hand gently on the small of her back, is a handsome man that could only be described as Prince Charming with an Asian touch. His blonde hair is slightly longer than custom and his equally sleek frame is clad in a slate grey suit that compliments his companion’s.

They make a very stunning couple, an impression confirmed when he holds his hand out, “Michael Ryunoten. This is my wife Evangeline.”

You shake hands with a smile, “Its lovely to meet you. I understand that you’re both lawyers?”

Evangeline smiles, a soothing gentle smile that relaxes you even further, “Yes. Michael specializes in business law. I have been fortunate enough to be hired as the new district attorney here in town.”

"Congratulations!” you say, offering them both something to drink.

“Thank you,” she says, locking eyes with you for a few moments. With an oddly sleepy wonder, you realize that her eyes are slowly changing from one pastel colour to another.

“Jesus Wu is an old friend of mine,” Michael says, startling you out of your sleepy hypnosis, “He recommended you.”

You smile with pleasure, remembering the dashing Mr. Wu and his fire engine red GTO. “So you’re looking for a house as well?” you ask.

Evangeline shakes her head, sipping at the tea she requested in place of coffee. “Not yet, but definitely we are going to consult you about that later. We are staying at Jesus’s home and we love what you have done. For now, we are more interested in asking you to build us an office.”

“Not a problem,” You click your pen and prepare to take notes, “What would you like?”

“Two separate offices, but in the same building, as we share a legal library,” Michael says. “I’ll be taking clients there, so I’ll need a lobby and/ or reception area. Dream will be primarily working at the Courthouse, but when she’s not there she needs to have some place to work.”

“Dream?” you ask, a bit confused.

She smiles fondly at her husband, “Dream is my nickname. My maiden name was Keeper.”

“Ahhh. And what would you like in your office?”

“Oh, the usual office accoutrements. If you could include a comfortable couch and decorate it in restful colours, I would be very satisfied.”

“That’s easily accomplished,” you assure her.

Michael speaks up again, “We want to be close to the centre of town, but have a more suburban feel to it. I want people to feel comfortable and at ease coming to talk to me. Oh, parking of course, and some landscaping. I don't want it too look too sterile on the exterior. I think that’s everything. Sweetie?" he asks, deferring to his wife.

She thinks for a few moments, ticking off a few additional points on her fingertips. We need someplace a little less formal where we can entertain clients. I'd really love a rooftop retreat if you can work that in. And I think that covers everything,” she concludes with a smile.

“I do have one question we haven’t covered," you interject. What budget will I be working with for this project?”

“Well, since its not a large office we’re looking for,” Evangeline says, gently setting her tea cup on the tray, “We set aside $60,000 from our budget. Will that be sufficient?”

“Should be fine.” You rise and shake hands with them again, “I’ll get a contract emailed over to you by tomorrow night.”

Challenge Brief:
    2 separate offices in the same building
    Budget: 60,000
    Shared library
    Reception area
    Parking
    Suburban look but close to centre of town
    Soft colours and a couch in Evangeline’s office.
    Rooftop area for entertaining clients (optional room challenge)

Sim Challenge:
    Show Michael and Evangeline enjoying their new offices

Room Challenge:
    Rooftop entertaining area. You will have an additional $8500 for this room if you take on the optional challenge.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and past into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #: 27 - Ryunoten, Attorneys at Law
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the Build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST: (The cost of the lot)
    BUILD COST: (The cost of the build, not including the lot price)
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and Build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (be sure to tell us about your inspiration object for this challenge)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM:(Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolors you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS27

The Deadline for this challenge is 23 September 2015
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare Challenge 27 looks great! However I do not see any specific requirements for Michael's office. Are we free to interpret it anyway we see fit, or do you have a suggestion for that?
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

@BuildnShare Also, when is this challenge due?
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

@BuildnShare Challenge 27 looks great! However I do not see any specific requirements for Michael's office. Are we free to interpret it anyway we see fit, or do you have a suggestion for that?
    Feel free to interpret this however you wish :)
    @BuildnShare Also, when is this challenge due?
    The due date for this challenge is 23 September :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare Sorry yet another question....is there a lot requirement?
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

@BuildnShare Sorry yet another question....is there a lot requirement?
    No specific lot requirement this time but must be within the budget (remember this is to include the lot cost) :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @Buildnshare I am just about done with my build. I was just wondering is this meant to be a generic lot? Or would you like it to be saved as a library perhaps to get patrons?
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

edited September 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: mommataurus2
    ORIGIN ID: mommataurus2
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Law Office of M & E
    LOT COST: 1500
    BUILD COST: 66,815
    TOTAL COST: 68,315
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: kizoa.com/Video-Maker/d24920685k4169466o1l1/ryunoten-attorneys-at-law
    ENTRY DETAILS: Inspired by the idea of a parking lot. Thought it would be really cool to have to drive through an alley to get to the parking lot out back.

SIM: thesims.com/gallery/A75E8728591F11E58489E9244F74724B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=mommataurus2&max=50&maxis=false
    ENTRY SLIDESHOW: kizoa.com/Video-Maker/d24918760k4947381o1l1/-ryunoten
    ENTRY DETAILS: I couldn't find a sky blue suit for Evangeline.

ROOM: thesims.com/gallery/13F900C7595911E58556E9244F74724B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=mommataurus2&max=50&maxis=false
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: kizoa.com/Video-Maker/d24919141k6772531o1l1/roof-top-dining
    ENTRY DETAILS: A beautiful place to sit enjoy a bite to eat with clients or have a quick drink or two.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NONE

AsG2cO9.png
    MjEspw7.png

Post edited by mommataurus2 on
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    Thanks @WrathofCath and @kezflake :) I went over budget and was like Nooooooo! I couldn't take anything away and be satisfied with it though. I loved it too much.
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Hmmm, I likey likey, think I will give this one a go :)
    amazing @mommataurus2 I love the scales on the top it's so amazing! you win! =)

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited September 2015
    Great entry @mommataurus2. <3 love the scale, very clever interpretation business wise. Well done my friend :) Will see if I can get my entry in this weekend.
    Attention Established Entrants for Challenge #26 - The Novelist

Your results are available HERE.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    Just curious, but any word on the Expert results for Challenge #25?
    edited September 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Issabella14
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LOT: Ryunoten Attorneys at Law
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 65,950
    TOTAL COST: 67,950
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/Challenge 27 Attorneys at Law
    LINK TO GALLERY: Ryunoten Attorneys at Law (The building in the gallery is not the building with the room challenge entry. Also changes have been made to accommodate the new budget)
    ENTRY DETAILS: I built Ryunoten a Suburban Attorneys at Law building with a bit of a modern feel. It has the potential to grow with the firm.
    PHOTOS
    1%207_zpsqmobfwkh.jpg
    1%209_zpsg3dlft6z.jpg
    1%2017_zpslgnlvuwn.jpg

SIM: N/A

ROOM: I do believe I read the brief wrong, as my budget is 60,000 without the lot. So I will be submitting a room entry tonight :)
    ROOM IN GALLERY: Rooftop Entertainment
    SLIDE SHOW ENTRY: http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/Challenge 27 Attorneys at Law/Challenge 27 Rooftop Room

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Thanks

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No cc

Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    edited September 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LOT: Legal Eagles
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 59,712
    TOTAL COST: 62,712

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/masajo2/slideshow/Legal Eagles
    ENTRY DETAILS: Modern style build at the centre of Magnolia Promenade. Soft feminine shades for Evangeline contrasting with darker masculine tones for Michael.

SIM: N/A

ROOM: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No cc

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/6FDD33A75FC111E58B59E4C2FD5CE982?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false
    fb6eb50c-1807-4cde-9843-71f9674f4e4d_zpsanm0lqlz.png
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    edited September 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Zita1966z
    ORIGIN ID: Zita1966
    LEVEL:Expert
    LOT: M&E ATTORNEYS
    LOT COST: 2500.00
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST:
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/7KwGA
    ROOM ENTRY: Rooftop Entertainment Area for room entry
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    M&E Attorneys is your go 2 for legal assistance and advice. Cosy and welcoming offices will ensure your every legal need is met
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    saMe9xo.jpg

i4WA0Ek.jpg
    Post edited by Zita1966z on
    @Zita1966z WOW your wallcoverings really stand out! You must either have a really good computer or know some evil secret! ;) awesome build hun.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Great entry @Zita1966z, can't wait to see inside <3:)
    @BuildnShare I just wanted to apologise for my slideshow not being in room order and without any descriptions. This is a first for me as I do like to have things done tight and neat but unfortunately I had some RL difficulties with my programme and for some very strange reason none of the links worked. I even asked @issabella14 to test them after I pm'ed it 2 her and we were unsuccessful one again. I therefore had to resort to noah's ark methods 2 get a slideshow up. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top