Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for Toddlers

Sim loveSim love Posts: 517 Member
edited September 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
If you want Toddlers, comment "Signed", and I will put your username on the list

Sim love (Me :))
LoveMcQueen5683
Invaderchickycat
Briana2425
Scarletlocs
ChadSims2
SashaCind
Hypochondriac :p
Post edited by Sim love on

Comments

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited September 2015
    There's no need for another petition, they should know by now that majority of us want toddlers.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    There were petitions last fall. This one hit over 25,000 people: https://www.change.org/p/the-sims-team-include-toddlers-and-pools-in-the-sims-4-base-game. There's probably an old petition thread in this category too.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I'll sign but there's been like a 1000 petitions and they haven't done much. Just trust me when I say they know what we want. It's just if they will deliver is the problem.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Signed.

Sadly I don't believe toddlers are coming ever. As the user above said there was a big petition and instead of commenting they closed it. The survey about them means nothing to me I think it was just a quick save to shush people about about their dislike of Get Together.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited September 2015
  • Options
    ScarletlocsScarletlocs Posts: 54 Member
    signed
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Signed
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SashaCindSashaCind Posts: 34 Member
    Signed
  • Options
    FoxHeartlyFoxHeartly Posts: 1 New Member
    Signed. Hopefully they will eventually realize this is one of the more popular wants and it will be worth making a game pack for.
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    There's no need for another petition, they should know by now that majority of us want toddlers.

You sure about that? Here is Rachel Franklin recently giving a interview with Metro News.
    GC: So what are your medium and short term priorities for The Sims 4 at the moment? I was trying to check last night, and you still don’t have toddlers?
    RF: No.
    GC: Is that something that’s going to come later, in maybe the next expansion? Since that is one of the main things fans are still asking for.
    RF: You know, our fans ask for a lot of things! [laughs] And here’s the thing, we look at a lot of different factors. We look absolutely at things that are being said in public forums. We also have groups of fans coming in, but we also have telemetry to tell us what people are actually playing with and using.
    GC: It almost reminds me of a Kickstarter project, where you have all these ideas and demands coming in and you have to push back against some of them.
    RF: I think it gets factored in. I would say it’s less of a push back and more of a,’How are we taking that into account and weighing it against all the other influences?’
    GC: So you’re satisfied that not having toddlers was the right choice?
    RF: That’s the decision that we made based on all of the information that we had at the time. So absolutely, I feel like it’s the best decision for the game to date. I’m not talking about future stuff. But I do think it’s important to know, that players play in very different ways. We see all kinds of different play styles and family players are very passionate, so are players that play other ways.
    And I want to make sure that all of those voices are considered when people are thinking about whether or not we’ve included the right things. Because we do, we take it very seriously about whether or not we’re approaching all of those different play styles. We take it just as seriously as the players do that are asking for the things that they want.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/14/the-future-of-the-sims-4-interview-it-is-kind-of-like-life-5390869/#ixzz3lyPtOwlA
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    There were petitions last fall. This one hit over 25,000 people: https://www.change.org/p/the-sims-team-include-toddlers-and-pools-in-the-sims-4-base-game. There's probably an old petition thread in this category too.
    This petition was about including toddlers and pools in the Sims 4 basegame. So it must have been a petition held before the basegame was released.

Anyway even 25,000 people signing don't seem to impress EA very much. The reason probably is that EA is comparing the number of signatures with the millions of people who buy each Sims game - and compared to millions 25,000 are still very few ;)

Toddlers for free won't happen. So a new petition should probably be about EA releasing a GP with toddlers as its only content. If people could convince EA that such an GP would sell well then EA might actually make it - but EA would probably need a much higher number of signatures to be convinced about that ;)
  • Options
    TialynTialyn Posts: 22 New Member
    Signed
    It's been a year since the sims 4 has been out and no sign of pets, university or seasons,so I will sign but I doubt they will give us toddlers
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    How many of you would really want EA to release a GP named Toddler Life and with toddlers and a lot of activities for toddlers as the only content?

Maybe somebody should make a petition about that because this petition won't work if EA see it as just another childish wish about free toddlers. Would you even buy such a GP as Toddler Life ?
  • Options
    thegirlygamerxthegirlygamerx Posts: 87 Member
    Signed
  • Options
    thegirlygamerxthegirlygamerx Posts: 87 Member
    @erpe that sounds like a good idea!