The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    @Readalot1 - I like all of them but number one is probably my favorite. Why don't you use one of them and then change it every week? I also think some wide, horizontal images would look great, cropped to be x inches wide by only 1.5 inches (about 4 cm) tall or something along those lines. I'm on a wide screen though, LOL.

Congratulations to those lucky enough to find some great deals and @Tinkknitz for completing the store! I am so happy for you and the journey has been lots and lots of fun! <3
  • debbycantydebbycanty Posts: 285 Member
    Thasnks again @ Reachsims <3

I have updated my top 5.

I am trying for the Victorian Fashions now. Any help appreciated thanks. :)
  • pinkieposhpinkieposh Posts: 241 Member
    Whew! I finally got to update my Top 5.. :smile:
    Problems with internet is getting old. I will party the day the cable/DSL would be offered in our area.
    tumblr_phvdhrrkdl1qcy6v1o1_r2_540.png
    My Page My Simblr My Studio
    My YouTube Channel
    edited September 2015
    @debbycanty - You're welcome. :)

@pinkieposh - I feel for you. Even though I live in a large metropolitan area, there is not enough competition here so we are paying over $100US per month, just for cable/DSL. :'(
  • pinkieposhpinkieposh Posts: 241 Member
    Reachsims wrote: »

@pinkieposh - I feel for you. Even though I live in a large metropolitan area, there is not enough competition here so we are paying over $100US per month, just for cable/DSL. :'(

oh, thats very expensive. I had to move my son out of the city because of his asthma. We moved to our new house in July. Now he complains coz he can't watch Disney Junior anymore. LOL! I have been asking around on where to get a cable/DSL service and so far no luck.
    tumblr_phvdhrrkdl1qcy6v1o1_r2_540.png
    My Page My Simblr My Studio
    My YouTube Channel
  • ohmyglobguysohmyglobguys Posts: 346 Member
    I got into a really bad accident yesterday morning so I'll be trying to recover today. Unfotunately, it's going take more than a day to recover...but thankfully I have a laptop to keep me from going crazy :)

I updated my top 5 and wishlist.
    Here are the links: Top 5 & Wishlist

Hope everyone is doing well. <3
    tumblr_n1hktrsv5i1skyr7eo1_500.gif

My wishlist: MeanMasterJay
    My Top 5
    @pinkieposh - That's too bad and I am sorry about your son's asthma. We live in hope that there will be a better deal in our future. :/

@ohmyglobguys - I am so sorry about your accident. I hope you recover quickly and will be back to normal in a short while. *Hugs* Take it easy, ice packs, lots of water, the usual. Whatever your needs are, be good to yourself.

@blacerdamuller - A very happy 20th birthday and I hope you have an awesome day, week, month and year! Check your gift messages. I put a little dent in your wish list and your top five is gone. You are down to 14 items on your wish list, last I checked. :3

I am off to get back to my kitchen for awhile and get more work done. Wishing you all a very productive day, and if not productive, well, then be sure to get some fun out of it somewhere, if you can.
  • cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    @Readalot1, all the pictures are nice, but 1 is the best one for me.
  • fairygirl7fairygirl7 Posts: 1,003 Member
    @ohmyglobguys I am sorry about your accident. I hope you will have a quick recovery. <3
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    edited September 2015

Wow! That is expensive! Me and my BF pay 45 euros for TV/internet/phone (not cellphone) and it usually is just good. Sometimes the wifi is a little overcrowded and it kind of is our own fault that it doesn't work properly. But what do you want lol, 2 cellphones, 2 laptops, 1 iPad, 1 PS4 and a Wii, if friends join we just can't be as fast, but still have a stable connection ;)

But I think the Netherlands is one of the better countries on that part.

@ohmyglobguys - Get well soon!! Sorry to hear about your accident!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • LissieBessLissieBess Posts: 118 Member
    1 and 3 are my favorites, @Readalot1 but more 3 because I love Highclere Castle
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I've updated my top five!

Now it's time I find any other room in the house to sit in besides my own. I'm supposed to be playing around with CAW but I'm about to fall asleep. Must stay awake!

The items from the sets I'm working on are either 60 something simpoints or 75 simpoints. :smiley:

Feel better soon, @ohmyglobguys! :heart:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    @ohmyglobguys Sorry to hear about your accident! I'm sending some healing vibes your way!
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,869 Member
    Hi everyone :relaxed:

I know I'm relatively new here and don't know a lot of you all that well but I'm doing the rounds on my bookmarks; just letting people know that I won't be around for a few days and that may turn into a few weeks if you catch my drift. I will still be chasing the DD and am very much interested in continuing to gift but if I don't post often or I end up bunching a few thank yous into one post I do apologise. It's a long story I won't bother you all with but I just thought you guys should know that I'm not just ditching the thread haha!
    Thanks so much for all your kindness so far.
    Lizzie xxx <3
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    Take care @Lizzie1234 and come back when things settle down for you. If you need to vent or talk or anything, you can always send a message. Personally, I love having you around so I am hoping everything gets sorted in a very short amount of time for you. Sending good thoughts your way and we'll miss you for the time you're away. I hope it's just a few hours, frankly. :blush:
    Take care @Lizzie1234 and come back when things settle down for you. If you need to vent or talk or anything, you can always send a message. Personally, I love having you around so I am hoping everything gets sorted in a very short amount of time for you. Sending good thoughts your way and we'll miss you for the time you're away. I hope it's just a few hours, frankly. :blush:
    Thank you, I might take you up on that after my weekend away haha :p You're so sweet! I've loved being here and getting to know you, thank you and I will endeavour to hurry back :relaxed:
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
    @Readalot1 thank you for my gift! So kind :)
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    edited September 2015
    Thank you to everyone who voted for my pictures! Everybody should have a gift from me, but please let me know if I missed anyone @ApparentlyAwesome , @Teanias , @shayleajay , @LadyEmillye , @Lizzie1234 , @SjappielovePaul , @fairygirl7 , @Reachsims , @cristill13 , and @LissieBess . I suppose I'll leave it open to voting for a few more days so that everyone who wants to can vote.

You're very welcome @Lizzie1234 . I hope everything turns out okay for you. *hugs*

@ohmyglobguys - So sorry to hear about your accident! Hope you recover soon. *more hugs*

@Reachsims , I like your idea of posting a new one every week. Perhaps I'll cycle through them and start with the one that wins the most votes (right now that's looking like number 1 by a large margin). And I'll try to find more small/wide ones rather than the tall ones I have now, but my web browser doesn't like to cooperate with me :P I also have been having major problems with internet connectivity. We've tried looking into everything, but we have DSL for about $55/mo, and upgrading to cable for just the internet and not even phone or T.V. would be much more expensive :( and I live in Southern California, where there ought to be lots of competition, so I think they're just scalping us.

Oh, and @LissieBess - it's not actually Highclere Castle, it's from the Oxford Botanical Gardens. But I also thought it was Highclere when I first looked at it too! I love Downton Abbey so much that I created Mary, Matthew, and Edith in one of my games! *spoilers for those of you who haven't watched Season 3* I practically cried when I had to kill Matthew. But then he came back as a ghost and dripped water everywhere just to irritate me :P (drowning him was the easiest way).
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    Readalot1 wrote: »

th?&id=JN.AV2DrELo4aeTJ3mUC8kF6A&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0th?&id=JN.oUEabQBdwSSWle3rAN2yZA&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0th?&id=JN.SmLQ8DYKShdGdJSJdg8qnw&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0th?&id=JN.Eivm5SIAUF0ICs8Gblm9%2bQ&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

th?&id=JN.UTB06skpE8362GxuvJUYYA&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0th?&id=JN.eYYWLAmj1YFFoyhWGEaxhg&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0th?&id=JN.jc0gAt9XHoGkhuLFbzfdjg&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Oh......My.....Word...........THEY ARE ALL SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!! :o<3 Now I want to try and make those. -Sigh- I can not choose, sorry.
    @Readalot1 - Unfortunately, the US is now behind much of the world in all kinds of things, including internet technologies. It's not that I mind being behind other countries. @SjappielovePaul's comment about the Netherlands was very polite but it is costing many of us a small fortune because of the lack of competition in the areas where we live, be it the tiny little town or a huge metro area of millions of people. Yes, we are being scalped and we know it. The speed is not all that high and the service can be rotten some of the time, if not more.

I'll stop complaining about it now but somehow the subject came up and there we are. :/

Again @Lizzie - I wish you the best and hurry back. <3 I need to get off here now - we have a big storm firing away all over the place. LOL.
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
  • LissieBessLissieBess Posts: 118 Member
    @Readalot1 I loved Highclere before it was Downton Abbey. I loved it when it was Mistelthwait Manor, with 'over 100 rooms.' I was over the moon when I realized Downton was the same place, and I kept looking at all the rooms they were filming in, and thinking 'That was Mary's room,' or 'That was Colin's room.' I'm still disappointed I haven't seen the Red Staircase in Downton yet.
  • Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    Haha thanks for that, @VioletHorse ! Shall I just put a vote for each one then? And if you want to save the pictures, you can just right-click them :D
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    Readalot1 wrote: »
    Haha thanks for that, @VioletHorse ! Shall I just put a vote for each one then? And if you want to save the pictures, you can just right-click them :D
    I better do that soon then :P