Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Wall View Mode!

Currently we have Walls Up/Cutaway/Down.

I would like a version of Cutaway that only drops the walls between the camera and the active Sim, leaving all walls behind them, including internal ones, up.

I find that I would decorate my Sims' homes with shelving, pictures, and decorations much more often which would help make them feel more unique, if I could actually see the items while playing without having to raise the walls all the time as the walls do get in the way.
I dislike that if I have a kitchen that uses cabinets on an internal wall, I cannot see them unless I raise the walls. This includes ones that are supposed to look as though they sit on the floor or that have been used in EA created homes to look like book or TV cabinets.

The only time I ever raise the walls during regular gameplay is to take pictures.

How techincally possible is this? Sorry to tag you again @SimGuruModSquad but it seems as if this idea may fall into your territory? Or maybe @SimGuruHouts ?
a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
Thoughts on a new wall mode?

Comments

• jmcclanahanjmcclanahan Posts: 17 Member
    Keeping an eye on this discussion...I would be much more inclined to buy stuff packs if I could actually enjoy them during game play...I would very much love a wall view mode as you described!
  • BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    Aye this would be nice, good idea. I have my walls nicely decorated but I don't really get to see it.
  • KatSimsKatSims Posts: 27 New Member
    yeah! or at least a full view that fades when you get too close to it, because oh the angles i have to go in at to decorate my small rooms.
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    That's a great idea! This should add some more immersion to the game.
  • iamcherylfailsiamcherylfails Posts: 214 Member
    Agreed, need this in game!
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I started playing exclusively in walls up mode because I wasn't able to see anything put up on walls. A modified cutaway mode described in the first post would be great. It can get tough playing in tight spaces with the walls up. >_<
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    That's the way it was in the original sims game. I really liked it.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited September 2015
    That's a good idea but I think the reason they don't do this is that it will be hard for you to click on other objects for your sims to use in other rooms (since the other rooms will be in "walls up" mode). For example, my sim is in the living room and I want them to use the toilet in the bathroom. But I can't see the toilet from my view unless I zoom out, tilt my camera or change my wall view.

I like your idea a lot since I like to see my wall decorations and clutter on the walls but I don't see myself using the mode that much unless I play my game like in The Sims 1 angle, sorry. :( I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but just trying to be practical. :)

Nevertheless, it wouldn't hurt if they put this mode in, I guess.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    Oooh, where did all of these replies suddenly come from? Thanks for the input, guys! :smiley:

@DeKay I currently play with walls in Cutaway mode and I rarely keep my camera positioned in the same place all the time. There are some things I can't see because of foundations or half walls.
    It could perhaps be implimented so that if you mouse over a wall, it would drop down to allow access to the objects behind it? That may be a solution.

I wanted this type of wall in TS3 as well but as the game wasn't being updated in this way I never thought to say anything. I like to think that as EA have said TS4 is a "live" game that can be altered and updated as players suggest things, there is at least a chance, no matter how small, that this may get looked at.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Definitely wanted/want this!

I usually play walls up or else I lose immersion and half my pics would be ruined because I'd forget a little area, in the corner at least, has the wrong view.

Since day 1 of play I didn't understand the wall-views design choice and wanted what was described in the OP. It just makes more sense ... to me anyway.

The issue described, that could be caused by a new wall-mode, is not new for me, that's typical play time. I have ways around it, although I do get a finger cramp.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    If I'm picturing that correctly then yes, I would like that.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    This sounds like how the cutaway walls worked in TS2, which was a a better system.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Alistu wrote: »
    Oooh, where did all of these replies suddenly come from? Thanks for the input, guys! :smiley:

@DeKay I currently play with walls in Cutaway mode and I rarely keep my camera positioned in the same place all the time. There are some things I can't see because of foundations or half walls.
    It could perhaps be implimented so that if you mouse over a wall, it would drop down to allow access to the objects behind it? That may be a solution.

I wanted this type of wall in TS3 as well but as the game wasn't being updated in this way I never thought to say anything. I like to think that as EA have said TS4 is a "live" game that can be altered and updated as players suggest things, there is at least a chance, no matter how small, that this may get looked at.

Oh, yes, that would be better if the wall is cutaway when you hover over it, yes. I would like that. :)
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I'd like this for screenshots in particular.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Just another thought. They might not even have to add a new wall mode. Simply include a setting in the options panel so that when the existing Walls Up mode is selected, it behaves like how I described in the first post.
    I'm just trying to think of ways to make this as simple to implement as possible.
  • wwindystarwwindystar Posts: 21 Member
    edited September 2015
    I have reeealy wanted it for a long time! Please EA give us this option
  • anetherronanetherron Posts: 605 Member
    Excellent idea! I share everyone's views on this - what's the point of decorating your walls if you never see them? This is a brilliant suggestion.
  • Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Yes! This has bothered me for a while.
    Keep the comments coming! If we get enough, hopefully EA might notice us.
  • Layne1683Layne1683 Posts: 61 Member
    I actually hadn't thought about that but it's a great idea! I hate putting decor on the walls only to have it disappear so I would probably use it.
    Bumping to see if there is any more interest for this?
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Bumping it again because it's definitely something that interests me !
  • SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    I don't know if I would use it but I am all for more wall modes.
  • htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    I would use this, all the time. Love your idea. ;)
  • dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    THIS! We need this so bad! I'm huge on decorating and coating the walls in random stuff to make it looked more lived in but it makes me so sad that I cant comfortably play the game and see it all at the same time :( I really do think this would be so amazing and it doesn't sound too difficult too. I'm shocked this has never been added or mentioned before (at least to my knowledge)