Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Sad

I have Sims 1, Sims 3, Sims 4, and Sims Medieval all on my computer with all expansions. Yet Sims 2 won't install beyond the base game.
I've been playing since TS1. My favorite games are TS2 and TS4.
Origin ID- manda102784 <3

Comments

• RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
    I heard that they might need to be installed in a certain order? I'm not sure though as I have the UC edition. If your still having trouble you could get the UC too? :)
  • gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    I tried loading up and playing TS2 a few weeks ago, and it just doesn't want to work. :(
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • alwslaughinggirlalwslaughinggirl Posts: 244 Member
    I think the order only applies to the original Sims games as I recall. But, either way I was installing the University expansion which was the next expansion anyways. I tried to load up the game without expansions, thinking atleast it's something, but when I click on a house to load, it won't :(
    I don't think Windows 8 likes TS2 very much. How do you go about getting UC if they don't offer it anymore? Sucks I missed that window.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited September 2015
    You can contact EA customer support - the chat is the best - and tell them about your situation. What I had to do was to take a pic of my original sims 2 cd's and the code, and then they put the UC in my origin account.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • ReBecky937ReBecky937 Posts: 189 Member
    As far as I know The Sims2 works for me and I have a upgraded touch screen laptop.. But I just upgraded to Windows 10 so Idk about now :(
    harley-joker-banner_zpsnfnlmsv4.jpg
    I have a new project. I have an old Windows XP system that I just need to find a monitor and speakers for, and I should be back playing my sims 2 again :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Since you do have the games and the codes, I'd contact EA's Customer Service under Help at the bottom of the page and say your Sims 2 game won't install on you computer any more. If they don't offer you the Ultimate Collection then you can say you read about people having it for free since the game doesn't work any more.

Maybe keep trying. :)
  • ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
    You can install the Sims 2 (with discs) on a windows 8 but there is a special way you have to do it. There is a video tutorial on YouTube that will explain how to do it.
    I just recently installed The Sims 2 plus ALL expansions and Stuff packs on my sisters computer and it worked perfectly with the help of the tutorial. She had Windows 8.1

If you can't find the tutorial on YouTube let me know and I'll try to find it and link it here.
  • stormycurlsstormycurls Posts: 57 Member
    @ArilyBoo I tried looking up that vid and couldn't find it, do you perhaps have a link please?
  • ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
    @stormycurls So sorry I am late responding to you I haven't been on the computer much lately. Here is the link and there is three parts. I'm pretty sure this is the same exact one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO5-PQlu-Sk
  • stormycurlsstormycurls Posts: 57 Member
    thanks! I ended up being able to get the UC, but thanks for getting back to me! :smile: