Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oversized mailbox on sidewalk

Comments

• AmiRijoAmiRijo Posts: 677 Member
    I had this issue the only way i could remove it was with a mod. BUT be careful, do not use any sim you have in your current household. This mod broke my sim and they were no longer able to use interactions.

(Will post mod once I find it again)
    Origin ID: AmiRijo
    I signed http://www.sims2.net/pledge/
    ZfzDIiOeZzDJ6.gif
  • madokamadoka Posts: 277 Member
    Update:

It's been a few days and a lot for my sims to take in but they've been adjusting to their pet mailbox Pete very well.

Here's a nice picture of Pete sleeping, isn't he cute?

TUTh0wg.jpg
    tumblr_n44s6oo9G21qztgoio1_500.gif
    Find my Legacy family tree here
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    On the bright side, the postman can't say he couldn't find your mailbox.
    LR3g0ni.jpg

He might not be able to reach though, I'll just leave a chair out for him to stand on o:)
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member

He might not be able to reach though, I'll just leave a chair out for him to stand on o:)
    #shortmailmanproblems
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    Pete is looking good!
    Welp, Pete has a new friend. A townie decided to stop by, eat their burger, and PLACE THEIR PLATE ON THE SIDEWALK. Clicking on the plate shows the greyed out option "Throw Away" which reads "A trash can or sink is required to clean this up." Placing a trashcan right next to the sidewalk does nothing.

Hey, thanks developers! Now Pete has a friend o:)
  • AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    Is your neighborhood haunted?
    As if it couldn't get any better, a very uniquely dressed sim came along with a trash bag and picked the plate up, before dumping it back out on the non-accessible sidewalk. Oh, and to make it even more hilarious she decided to play in it.
    RqfaKKG.jpg
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    As if it couldn't get any better, a very uniquely dressed sim came along with a trash bag and picked the plate up, before dumping it back out on the non-accessible sidewalk. Oh, and to make it even more hilarious she decided to play in it.
    RqfaKKG.jpg
    Oh, you HAVE to enter that pic. in the giveaway contest! :)

RqfaKKG.jpg
    Oh, you HAVE to enter that pic. in the giveaway contest! :)

Well, it does qualify as one of my favorite moments :lol: A nice sunset, Pete the mailbox, and this unknown townie having a simple stomp in the trash. Ahhhhh, this is the life.
    Omg I just realised how big Pete is. He's huge!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    Welp, Pete has a new friend. A townie decided to stop by, eat their burger, and PLACE THEIR PLATE ON THE SIDEWALK. Clicking on the plate shows the greyed out option "Throw Away" which reads "A trash can or sink is required to clean this up." Placing a trashcan right next to the sidewalk does nothing.

Hey, thanks developers! Now Pete has a friend o:)

Don't worry, the plate will go away magically.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • TheSikiSassTheSikiSass Posts: 273 Member
    You should name it Pete Wentz, so if you ever get rid of it, you can say, "Hey, where did Pete Wentz?"
    I'm bookmarking this because it's too great not to.

gay is ok kids
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Did you ever figure out what was causing this?

OP used the set as head cheat at the beginning, which is always a big no no.
    832XG3D.gif

I know the mailbox ended up there after accidentally clicking on set as head while the child was at school, then resetting him via resetsim. That in turn popped the oversized mailbox onto the sidewalk.

As for the plate getting sat down and not being able to be picked up, for some reason the picnic area on the cliff lot in Newcrest doesn't route correctly to the public trashcan. I tested it and my sim needed up putting trash on the ground instead of in the public trashcan right there by the picnic area.
    You should name it Pete Wentz, so if you ever get rid of it, you can say, "Hey, where did Pete Wentz?"
    I'm bookmarking this because it's too great not to.

That is absolutely too funny :lol:

• RumancekRumancek Posts: 558 Member
    Everytime I see this topic I giggle uncontrollably.
    Also I didn't think the mail box was THAT big omg.
    That an uppercase i at the end of my name, not an L! Do not @ me with the L.
    CastieI wrote: »
    Everytime I see this topic I giggle uncontrollably.
    Also I didn't think the mail box was THAT big omg.

Yeah, I never posted a size comparison. It's funny because sims will run into the mailbox, stop, and just go around it. No reaction or anything, which is comical to see in it's own.
    I like how you're so chill about whole situation. LOL. If I were you, I would have gone to a previous save by now. Haha.
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    I like how you're so chill about whole situation. LOL. If I were you, I would have gone to a previous save by now. Haha.

Sadly don't have previous saves where this mailbox isn't in them. I'd start a new game but this family is going on their 7th generation and I'm just too attached.

I can't do anything about it, so why not be optimistic about it? :lol:
    DeKay wrote: »

Sadly don't have previous saves where this mailbox isn't in them. I'd start a new game but this family is going on their 7th generation and I'm just too attached.

I can't do anything about it, so why not be optimistic about it? :lol:

Oh. I mean if I were you, the moment I realized I messed up, I would not save the game. :D

That's good that you're optimistic! I need to learn a thing or two from you. LOL.
    832XG3D.gif
    You should post a screenshot of Pete for #SimmersGiveaway
  • BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member
    RqfaKKG.jpg
    lolol I never thought it'd be that big! *-* It could fit a person in there xD I once set a plate of hot dogs as head to one of my sims, and the other sims just grabbed the food off the plate on his head when they were hungry. Same with the TV and stereo when set as head, other sims can watch and dance to them.

I hope your pet mailbox, Pete is doing fine :#

PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • AmiRijoAmiRijo Posts: 677 Member
    AmiRijo wrote: »
    I had this issue the only way i could remove it was with a mod. BUT be careful, do not use any sim you have in your current household. This mod broke my sim and they were no longer able to use interactions.

(Will post mod once I find it again)

@kittenoxide
    I am so sorry i forgot to post the link. I sent you a private pm with it.
    Origin ID: AmiRijo
    I signed http://www.sims2.net/pledge/
    ZfzDIiOeZzDJ6.gif