Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Abandoned Kids Challenge - Teenager raising their Siblings [with no money]!

xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
edited March 7 in Nominated Threads
Imagine what happens when you’re a teen with no money, no food, no adult support and you’re responsible for the care younger sibling? You either rise to the occasion or your sibling ends up in the adoption bin.

fFRnuGi.png
This is what the Abandoned Kids Challenge is!
In this challenge you will guide a teenager and their siblings through lives without money and parents.

:s The challenge fails when any child gets taken away from the household or anyone dies.

<3 The challenge succeeds when the last child ages into a teenager.

Make it work, without losing anyone! Feel free to have your teenager collect collectibles (fish, garden etc.) and sell whatever they can.

NOTE: They cannot get a Part Time Job until they have a fixed address. This means they must have a house with at least FOUR walls, ONE door, ONE window, ONE toilet, ONE bed and ONE sink.

You’ll begin by creating your household with one or more parents, one teenager and one or more children. You can increase the amount of children in the household to increase the level of difficulty . . . however you can only have one teenager to start.

- Pick an empty lot and move your family in.

- The next step is either moving the parents out or killing them off. If you’d like to keep the parents alive you can always create a spare adult sim, move the parents out and then kill off the spare adult sim.

- Deplete their income to ZERO! CHEAT- sims.modify_funds -[enter amount]

- Follow the rules listed below (which are customizable depending on how you feel)!

- Have fun - Stay alive and out of the adoption bin.

- Aging: All aging must occur naturally (no aging up your sims earlier). Depending on how difficult you want it, you can choose to play long, short or medium lifespans.

- No Cheating: Remember your sims are living in extreme poverty so no cheats unless it’s to repair your game (resetsim & testingcheats to remove money or kill sims etc.).

- Appliances: Certain appliances require a house (aka you cannot purchase these appliances unless you have at least FOUR walls and a door - - - basements qualify). Just think of it as . . . if you need an "electrical outlet" or "plumbing" it requires four walls and a door (computers/tvs/stoves/toilets etc). The exception is of course portable items or things created with the woodworking bench.

- Travel: Try not to travel to community lots etc. without all of your household Sims. The game refreshes/maxes their needs and this may take away from the challenge. Just think of it as, you wouldn’t leave your defenseless sibling alone!

- Neighbors: Certain neighbor facilities are off limits until you reach a certain relationship level with them. These facilities are unlocked for the entire household – unless that sim has a negative relationship with that neighboring house.
Just think of it as, you need to be "good friends" with someone before you go in using their shower etc. They wouldn't take just anyone in off the streets. This is optional of course (pick and choose your own), but it may make things interesting!

FRIENDSHIP LEVEL Unlocks

B)

- Disliked - Hated: Cannot use anything in this sims house.

- Friend: Stove, BBQ, fridge unlocked.

- Good Friend: Shower unlocked

- Best Friend: Bed unlocked & Garden – help yourself

ROMANCE LEVEL Unlocks

<3

- Lovebirds : Stove, BBQ, fridge unlocked

- Lovers/Girlfriend-Boyfriend/Sweetheart : Shower Unlocked

- Soulmates or “Promised” : Garden - Help Yourself & Bed Unlocked (If the game allows - you may use the bed to “mess around” prior to this point, but the sim must not use the bed to sleep)

GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN!

Remember

The challenge fails when any child gets taken away from the household or anyone dies.
The challenge succeeds when the last child ages into a teenager.
~*~

ivwZ4va.png
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• SkylerGSkylerG Posts: 84 Member
    ok im gonna try this challenge seems fun
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited September 2015
    Very interesting concept. :+1:
    The game will not let you create a Teen/Child household without an older Sim. BUT there is a way to have a household with no YA/Adult.
    Once you have created the household place them in the game. Immediately go to Manage World and select your household. Edit them in CAS deleting the older Sim(s). The game will then allow you to play as long as there is at least one Teen.
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited September 2015
    @SkylerG Thanks! Let me know how it is and how your sims fare. :)

@EuphorialQueen Ooh cool. I guess your tip is more humane than killing off the parents (haha). I'll link it under the "starting point" section. Thankies.
    they seem fine so far really just smell really bad and I have to keep stopping the child from using play game on her phone.
    question so first time trying a challenge or anything so I had the teen fish and collect rocks and frogs and have made 214 sim money by day 2 so do u just like build a square room then furnish it? when u can afford It and can u buy a easel when u can afford it or does that need walls too?
    edited September 2015
    SkylerG wrote: »
    they seem fine so far really just smell really bad and I have to keep stopping the child from using play game on her phone.
    question so first time trying a challenge or anything so I had the teen fish and collect rocks and frogs and have made 214 sim money by day 2 so do u just like build a square room then furnish it? when u can afford It and can u buy a easel when u can afford it or does that need walls too?

Yup, you can buy an easel at anytime (painting isn't off limits). Only things you'd need plumbing or electricity for would be off limits until you reach four walls (so like a TV, computer, stove, toilet, fridge, sink etc).

TIP: Anything created with the woodworking bench can be used without the four walls limitation. If you sim gets high enough skill they'll be able to create toilets and bath tubs etc.

The "house" doesn't have to be square and it doesn't just have to be four walls. Just as long as it's closed in and yup, furnish it when it's built. The stove etc shouldn't be outside the house for example haha.
    this challenge was really fun to do, it was so funny watching the bladder accidents and passing outs that happened, all I can say is I want to continue this challenge with a few more children than one.

overall result:
    bladder fails: 5
    passing out : 7
    times embarrassed: 5
    times uncomfortable: 183
    times tense: 111
    times happy: 33
    times inspired: 7
    Times sad: 26

my Sims made the best of it cried, laughed and got embarrassed together but overall this experience made them closer as sisters.

The challenge finished on the child's birthday into a teen with a house that was a studio apartment with double bed and separate bathroom.

I would recommend this challenge to anyone I really enjoyed it :)
    I'm extremely happy you enjoyed it @SkylerG and those are some great stats you got going on :) and you ended up with a studio apartment! That's so impressive.
    Did you play on normal life span and Did you end up making a lot of money from painting? I think I'll go the painting route if I play this challenge again (I stuck to the woodbench).
    edited October 2017
    My challenge experience.

I'd assume my play was "medium" difficulty. I played with only one child in the household, with Outdoor retreat installed (I don't know how I would have fared without all those objects haha) and on long life span.

Little Zarya's Stats.
    Mentions
    • She was a Grade A Student.
    • Maxed the Social & Creativity Child Skills
    • Good Friends with Alexander Goth

Hazel's Stats.
    Mentions
    • She failed school (F student)
    • Level two Part-Time Barista
    • Best Friends with Johnny Zest & Zarya

Her "one" kiss didn't happen until she aged into an adult on her birthday.
    Post edited by xoJessi on
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    She failed school (F student)
    Can the Teen go to school? I am playing another challenge and started with only a Teen. I had him use public restrooms near his Newcrest lot. He also used his High School vacation days and only went to school 5 (?) days.
    *Kid Tip*
    Children can gain skills without added objects.
    Creativity - Cloud/Sky Gazing
    Mental - Fishing
    Social - Choose the interactions with the little Chat (Mouth) Icon or the Charisma (Dark Glasses) Icon to add Social boost and gain skill faster.
    When the child is doing homework have an older Sibling or YA/Adult 'Help with homework' to gain focus.
    They can go to school but I kind of made her stop going - and after using up like 4 vacation days I didn't even bother calling in anymore haha. Failing school should have consequences in-game (maybe stricter career qualifications) but lucky for my sim it doesn't. As long as Hazel didn't fail it was the main thing.

Really awesome kid tips too!! :)
  • VisannyVisanny Posts: 66 Member
    I love this! I've been looking for a challenge to base my new story off and this seems awesome. As soon as I get posting rights, I'll contribute and I can't wait to see how everyone else's doing.
    banner2.png
    Oh and maybe it would be a good idea to keep a small list of everyone who's doing this challenge (and links to blogs etc if they have one) because I would love to read what everyone else is up to. I see other challenges have that. Just a suggestion.
    banner2.png
    edited September 2018
    @visanny here we go :)

If you're going to do this challenge and you'd like other people to follow it. . . post a link and I'll pop it in here. :)

LilyParkers Playthrough
    OUjY5LM.jpg?1

MapleSimmer's Playthrough
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZsVx3cqK6Q&amp;list=PLyPCBQSeZfrLLu_3hVG5aF_MpMDGGnMVT

The_Gamemaven
    https://youtu.be/UatihpLiddY

TheGamerGirlsNetwork's playthrough
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B50R7iGN6eg&amp;list=PLAuiPNYWF8Kea6bIaLhRcOwdCSqzFKF6u

SparkleSparks103's playthrough
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aov1_MirdUg&amp;list=PLoPdaiqwtbWNc8pHyEFPqcatajc9-J9HI

SimsFreak 2182's playthrough
    https://youtu.be/TpMVqjbMdMI

Minki's playthrough
    Post edited by xoJessi on
    Awesome! I got my family created and got rid of the parent. I'll start working on a story/updates and hopefully I'll get permission to post pictures and links soon :)
    banner2.png
  • MaggiSimmerMaggiSimmer Posts: 1,314 Member
    This looks AWESIM! I think I'm going to do a Let's Play on this for my YT channel, but I'm not sure if I can find the time. Maybe though! :D
    1ph6o6.gif

Check out The Sims 4 High Fashion Showcase, a custom content based magazine about the Sims!

The Sims 4 Tally to the Top!

Or check out my beauty blog, Infinite Beauty!
    If you do I will definitely watch!
    banner2.png
    This looks AWESIM! I think I'm going to do a Let's Play on this for my YT channel, but I'm not sure if I can find the time. Maybe though! :D

Thanks & keep us posted. I'd love to follow it. ^_^
    edited September 2015
    @Xoxk9 yes it was normal and I did a mix of collecting frogs and fish and digging the rocks but with the painting stay with the small pictures cause they don't cost a lot 50 sim money and the better you get at the painting skill the higher the amount worth goes I got one picture at over a thousand sim money, I also ending up using a few days of school I went one day then stayed off and so on
  • SkylarMaraSkylarMara Posts: 21 Member
    edited September 2015
    So, just a little caveat to anyone planning to do this challenge. If you decide to sleep in another Sims house, it's apparently perfectly normal to be a best friend with them but have them be shocked at your presence in their house. This "shocked" interaction carries with it a negative 15-20% relationship hit when they do it. And they like lining up multiple "shocked" interactions. I've had to reset townies to get them to stop doing it. It's something to look out for. It mostly happens while you are sleeping and when you cook in their house.

I made it hard on myself and had my teen have 4 younger siblings. Thank you to Xoxk9 for sharing/writing this challenge. It's going over very well on my Youtube channel.

EDIT: If you are looking for a good family to live with, I recommend the Spencer-Lewis-Kim family. They have AMAZING beds and an art easel. If you can deal with three floors, this is the place to stay. :D
    Post edited by SkylarMara on
    @skylerG that's awesome.

@skylarmara OOoh wow. 4 younger siblings! Go you. I struggled hard with one haha.

I'm glad you're going this. I'll post a link to your first episode in case anyone is interested.

https://youtu.be/B50R7iGN6eg
    Hello! I am wondering if anyone is still actively doing this?

I just took all my pictures and will upload it in story format by tomorrow =)
    banner2.png
  • TipTip Posts: 1,018 Member
    Visanny wrote: »
    Hello! I am wondering if anyone is still actively doing this?

I am looking forward to attempting this!
    Tip wrote: »

Oh yes, so am I! I hope you post some pictures here or on a blog. I'd love to check it out

banner2.png
  • TipTip Posts: 1,018 Member
    Visanny wrote: »
    Tip wrote: »

Oh yes, so am I! I hope you post some pictures here or on a blog. I'd love to check it out

I'll most likely start when I get a free space, I take on too many challenges at once! But I will definitely post some pics.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top