Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    Does somebody know if the plants fix means you have to plant new plants or are the old ones ok after harvesting?

I don't know about after harvesting or not, but it sounds like you need to replant to fix them. You could try letting them mature then planting from the produce? It depends how patient you feel...

I'll try it out, but i'm just concerned with this fix if it means you have to replant. Because how can i replant stuff in non-editable spaces?!
    One teen (not of my household, so i can't pick it up)) left his homework book on a picnic table in the non-editable public space. It has been lying there next to my house for two whole generations now and while it's kind of a running gag, it also drives me nuts lol.

There it is...lurking in the back, ready to be on every screenshot of now the third generation while visiting the playground... Just...go away!!!!
    afb580d8-0bbf-4140-bdb7-f28d1ef02039_zpsnhf4bs8w.png

How irksome :/

Edited to add: Sims 4, where your sims may be culled, but their homework will persist forever...?

Ugh! Evil homework! It never goes away! That's the part of life EA wanted to simulate accurately in this iteration? Boo :(
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    trollnexus wrote: »
    Does somebody know if the plants fix means you have to plant new plants or are the old ones ok after harvesting?

I don't know about after harvesting or not, but it sounds like you need to replant to fix them. You could try letting them mature then planting from the produce? It depends how patient you feel...

I'll try it out, but i'm just concerned with this fix if it means you have to replant. Because how can i replant stuff in non-editable spaces?!
    One teen (not of my household, so i can't pick it up)) left his homework book on a picnic table in the non-editable public space. It has been lying there next to my house for two whole generations now and while it's kind of a running gag, it also drives me nuts lol.

There it is...lurking in the back, ready to be on every screenshot of now the third generation while visiting the playground... Just...go away!!!!

Edited to add: Sims 4, where your sims may be culled, but their homework will persist forever...?

Ugh! Evil homework! It never goes away! That's the part of life EA wanted to simulate accurately in this iteration? Boo :(

The non-editable public spaces are really such a plum idea. I mean, why not give us the possibility to decide for ourselves what should be around our house?!
  • trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    TS4: You Rule...Only One Household & Their House, But Also Here Are Some Linear Goals

Eh, alright, I can see why they went with "You Rule" instead. Much catchier ;)
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

The non-editable public spaces are really such a plum idea. I mean, why not give us the possibility to decide for ourselves what should be around our house?!

That and the faux backdrops kill any chance of making different era play with mods etc. It's a shame that so many avenues of creativity are shut down in TS4-as much as Rachel Franklin likes to 'celebrate' creativity.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member

That and the faux backdrops kill any chance of making different era play with mods etc. It's a shame that so many avenues of creativity are shut down in TS4-as much as Rachel Franklin likes to 'celebrate' creativity.

In Rachel Franklins eyes, creativity is designing an "awesome" party lot, taking the "best" selfie, having your Sim snog everyone, partying, woohooing, dressing up, partying, dancing, and did I mention partying?
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Rachel needs to put that in her next blog!!!! with a selfie showing the homework in the background :open_mouth:

I dislike that pastel puffy stuff intensely!!!!!!!!!!
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »

Rachel needs to put that in her next blog!!!! with a selfie showing the homework in the background :open_mouth:

Me too. Last night I was playing in Angel City and found the school has a set of classrooms with skill objects in so I directed my teen sim to do her homework there. As she sat there I moved the camera and the window was behind her. And I could see all the city go by. A sim running down the road, cars driving past, lights and all sorts. It was marvellous. I don't know why EA don't understand how groundbreaking and immersive that sort of game play experience is and how trying to erase that from history is ten steps back.

>It's that so call vision of theirs that blinded them to the proof around them.

Me too. Last night I was playing in Angel City and found the school has a set of classrooms with skill objects in so I directed my teen sim to do her homework there. As she sat there I moved the camera and the window was behind her. And I could see all the city go by. A sim running down the road, cars driving past, lights and all sorts. It was marvellous. I don't know why EA don't understand how groundbreaking and immersive that sort of game play experience is and how trying to erase that from history is ten steps back.

I loved having my Sim go to the park and seeing what other Sims are up to. I had my Sim take her child to the park, and her sister was there with her toddler, so I had my Sims child go and play with her cousin while my Sim and her sister sat on the bench eating burgers and chatting. It's the little things like this that make such a huge difference in gameplay.

I loved having my Sim go to the park and seeing what other Sims are up to. I had my Sim take her child to the park, and her sister was there with her toddler, so I had my Sims child go and play with her cousin while my Sim and her sister sat on the bench eating burgers and chatting. It's the little things like this that make such a huge difference in gameplay.

Yes it is. Well if that stuff isn't there outside of your home lot it's dull. It's important to feel like your sims is a part of a world with unlimited possibilities!
    edited September 2015
    I got today,Sunday and Monday off from walking my sister's dog Ginger.( unless she get call to work at another Rite Aid ).What to do? Maybe play one of the Sim games in my pc.
  • meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    Still bored with the sims 4 and I'm Just ready for The Sims 5. Stop buying The Sims 4 series. The sims 5 release date is based on how bad or good the Sims 4 sales are. I am still not buying ANY more of this SERIES!
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Still bored with the sims 4 and I'm Just ready for The Sims 5. Stop buying The Sims 4 series. The sims 5 release date is based on how bad or good the Sims 4 sales are. I am still not buying ANY more of this SERIES!

Hm...no. I want to give them a whole 5 years to make an awesome fifth base...if they want to. TS4 suffered from being rushed (although they did have five years, but they wasted some of them with Olympus), so... I still try to buy not as much as i've bought for the other iterations.
    edited September 2015

Hm...no. I want to give them a whole 5 years to make an awesome fifth base...if they want to. TS4 suffered from being rushed (although they did have five years, but they wasted some of them with Olympus), so... I still try to buy not as much as i've bought for the other iterations.

I don't care if TS5 takes 10 years to make, as long as it's even better than what we've been asking for it's fine with me. But personally, I don't think we'll be getting a TS5. I am 99% EA are going to pull a SC13, toddler patch then disappear, or even no patch, disappear.
    Post edited by JessicaSimston on
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member

That's nice, but just because you're not buying any more, that doesn't mean that there's ever going to be a Sims 5....not unless they change management and the new management takes a good hard look at the previous Sims games, particularly The Sims 2, stops discriminating against older players in their surveys and really takes the time to study its core demographics.

But, since that involves spending more money and taking away funds that they'd rather spend on their sports games and shoot-em-up games, I doubt that's going to happen. I think they're trying to steer us towards Sims Free Play. Toddlers, yay (on FTP)

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

That's nice, but just because you're not buying any more, that doesn't mean that there's ever going to be a Sims 5....not unless they change management and the new management takes a good hard look at the previous Sims games, particularly The Sims 2, stops discriminating against older players in their surveys and really takes the time to study its core demographics.

But, since that involves spending more money and taking away funds that they'd rather spend on their sports games and shoot-em-up games, I doubt that's going to happen. I think they're trying to steer us towards Sims Free Play. Toddlers, yay (on FTP)
    I agree. At this point in time I'm highly doubtful that there will be a 5. Everything I see coming from Maxis says a lazy (or extremely inexperienced) team, no budget to speak of, and not a bit of willingness to concede to any family player requests. At all. To me, it doesn't make any sense to have a mobile and a pc game that mimic each other. Maxis is obviously stepping up FP because it's cheaper to produce and there are even more opportunities for micro transactions. I think EA/Maxis has made their decision, and I think we're screwed.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

It is nice that you don't have to worry about your sister being culled because you are not playing her either. :)

It is nice that you don't have to worry about your sister being culled because you are not playing her either. :)

She's only my Sims sister, not based on my real life one, I don't really play with Simselves. But yeah, culling was completley out of order :)
    I think what happened on Thursday? Was it Thursday? With a rare guru speaks exactly to my point on EA being wilfully ignorant in this issue and refusing the chance of addressing it. Seeing the hurt and being told clearly and concisely exactly why and what causes it-but acting like it never happened. It's beyond frustrating and very disappointing.

Gurus should be the voice of their customers with their bosses-if EA want to give even an impression of 'We are listening' being an actual reality they need to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.

People on this thread have worked incredibly hard to give good constructive feedback and are polite. They don't bicker and fight like the atmosphere elsewhere but where is the reward for that hard work? Have we seen it yet?!

All we have been asking for is some decent consideration and communication. It speaks volumes to the problems with TS4 that it's not forthcoming.
    I think what happened on Thursday? Was it Thursday? With a rare guru speaks exactly to my point on EA being wilfully ignorant in this issue and refusing the chance of addressing it. Seeing the hurt and being told clearly and concisely exactly why and what causes it-but acting like it never happened. It's beyond frustrating and very disappointing.

Gurus should be the voice of their customers with their bosses-if EA want to give even an impression of 'We are listening' being an actual reality they need to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.

People on this thread have worked incredibly hard to give good constructive feedback and are polite. They don't bicker and fight like the atmosphere elsewhere but where is the reward for that hard work? Have we seen it yet?!

All we have been asking for is some decent consideration and communication. It speaks volumes to the problems with TS4 that it's not forthcoming.

> It's was Thursday.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    The sims 4 is just collecting dust. Im so bored of it. I havent touched it in months. I keep going back to the sims 3 and 2. Im hooked on those games. I was hoping the new ep would be exciting but its not interesting to me since I feel we have plenty of party night life stuff. And theres not even vampires with it. To be honest I thought I would be more upset when I found out no new life state was going to be in get together. But that was probably the only thing that would have made me buy it. So maybe they will have a new life state in the next ep and maybe that one will be worth buying to me. Im sure a lot of people like it. But I feel it is all about adult life which we have. Still no news on toddlers. Im starting to think they dont ever plan on putting toddlers in the sims 4. So I dont know maybe down the line I might pick up get together and concider it. But not in November theres other things that Id pick over it. I wish they continued making eps for the sims 2 and 3. Right now that would be more interesting. Im not saying the sims 4 isnt a nice game. I like it. But I get bored of it quickly. And it hurts that a sims game cant keep my interest. I really wish toddlers and family play were in the game. I think that would make me wanna play agian. And who knows maybe Id even buy party lifestyle if I have enough family gameplay to enjoy. But as of right now Im bored of the sims 4. I wanted to pick it back up agian. But even if I buy the new ep I think Ill play it and explore all the venues and then Id put it down agian. I want to raise babies into toddlers into children. I want to have multiple generations. But I cant get into the 2nd generation before I get bored of the family. So Ill keep playing the sims 2 and 3. Go between the 2 games because they are so much fun. Sometimes I cant choose which game I want to play more. Sims 2 or 3. So I go back and forth. I wasnt ready for the sims 4. Im still in 3.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
    @alyssasim87 I think a lot of us were ready for TS4 but it wasn't ready for us. It's a shame, but it's all on EA. That's what you get when you release half finished games!
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    @sparkfairy1 Wait, you can see your Sims kids inside the school bus? And they can sit in the same seat?!
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top