Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    So ok, ive been taken, i have seen more cc i like, but unlike other cc hairdo i originally got this other one keeps saying that i have to download Zipsomething to open the folder, what is it?

I didnt have to have this Zipthingy with the other cc.... name i cant quite remember,...

Im asking you guys coz your so kind
  • Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    edited September 2015
    clover24 wrote: »
    So ok, ive been taken, i have seen more cc i like, but unlike other cc hairdo i originally got this other one keeps saying that i have to download Zipsomething to open the folder, what is it?

I didnt have to have this Zipthingy with the other cc.... name i cant quite remember,...

What version of Windows are you using? There is a program on Windows 7 called 7 Zip that you can use to open zip files (and it's free.)

Highlight one of your downloaded files then right click on it and look for 7 Zip. If it's there all you need to do is left click on it and extract the file to the correct directory.

Edit: Forgot a word. Oops!
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

There are free zip programs that will zip and unzip the files. I use 7-zip to unzip things that I download that are zipped up. My hubby's puter has a program that unzips automatically though. I'm not the best at 'splaining' puter stuff since I am pretty much a techno illiterate. Sorry :(
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I've been dealing with a flu bug lately, but I'm super happy about just getting a job. At least I'll have the financial means to buy a Sims game now even if it is not for the Sims 4. I think the Sims 1 EPs are calling my name. So at least I can get my family and deviant play that way. :)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Not 'awesome' for being sick, but for the job ;) I hope you get well soon lovely :)
    Thx @GrayLady2010 and @bekkasan well i was in 10 but had to go back to 8.1 as bf didnt like it and it didnt like my course ;) so 7 zip should do the trick them...
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Not 'awesome' for being sick, but for the job ;) I hope you get well soon lovely :)
    Thank you. At least I got some cold and flu tea to feel better and some ginger chews.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @scobre I awesomed you too....but, not because you are sick! Because of how you will spend your money and that is awesome! :) I do hope you feel better soon.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Did you see Rachel's Sims4 year epic blog? It was interesting, comments were much more fun to read :)
    Yes... unfortunately :D

I use Winzip. It's a free 'trial' but you never have to pay for it. I've used it for years. So long as you right-click your files to unzip them rather than double-left-clicking then you never get any pop-up requests to pay either. If you want it, just google Winzip.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited September 2015
    Scobre wrote: »
    I've been dealing with a flu bug lately, but I'm super happy about just getting a job. At least I'll have the financial means to buy a Sims game now even if it is not for the Sims 4. I think the Sims 1 EPs are calling my name. So at least I can get my family and deviant play that way. :)

Congratulations. And boo flu!
  • trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Omg congrats on the job!!! I remember how worried you were before, and I'm happy to see things look up for you. Also, get well soon!
  • MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Wow! I left at 800 and now it's over 900! Congrats @sparkfairy1 :) Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well. I see we have new comment response options to click now. What's a zagadoo??? :D
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Thrippa wrote: »
    I was thinking on the way home last night (long drive on mostly deserted backroads) and I really wish that Sims 4 had restored the old personality point system, fleshing it out further with traits. It would have made for wonderfully variably sims and interesting family play, since children inherited their personalities from one or both parents but the traits were player picked (or random if they aged up poorly) and could differ greatly between parent/child or siblings. A Sports-fan sim, for instance loves talking about, watching and playing sports. An Active Sports-fan sim would be more likely to want to play sports, go to the park where the basket ball court is, go bowling, etc. A Lazy one, conversely would be more drawn to the TV to watch (or how about a sports channel on the radio?). One could go further, and have an Outgoing, Active Sports-fan looking for team-games and a Shy, Active one tending more towards golf, or tennis. An Outgoing, Lazy Sports-fan could wish to go the the Stadium, if there was one, to watch a game, or to the park to watch other sims playing on the basketball or tennis courts. Sigh. This is the sort of improvement I'd expected to see with Sims 4, and still has lots of room for sims quirkiness. A grouchy 'Dislikes children' sim could rebuff a child's attempt to interact, and kick at children's toys (not to damage or knock over, necessarily, just to register their dislike). But how would a Nice 'Dislikes children' sim react?

Patting them on the head awkwardly, just like my brother does, lol. Perhaps still interacting in a kind way, but losing motives like fun and energy rapidly.

@bekkasan the Aussie world is a better short term stay at this point I suspect. It's not really finished and some of the weather colours are dodgy, but after 4 weeks straight I needed a break, so I uploaded it in Alpha, which comes before Beta, which comes before ready :cold_sweat: Hopefully, there is enough done for it to be a fun world to visit for a while (I really want to just start over with all the new stuff I've learned, tbh).
    marcellala wrote: »
    Whoa! A wild @SimGuruDrake appeared!

EA's Pokeball captured her first, what a shame!

tumblr_l7pxq5Wcxv1qdtuqno1_250.gif

GAH! She returned! I don't even know what to think :sweat_smile: After so long without a friendly face from the Guru team, I'm feeling shy :blush: <waves shyly>

Welcome to the dark side :smirk: I use 7zip myself and have no complaints.
    MzB06 wrote: »
    Wow! I left at 800 and now it's over 900! Congrats @sparkfairy1 :) Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well. I see we have new comment response options to click now. What's a zagadoo??? :D

Welcome Back :) Zagadoo is Simlish for disagree.

Yay! I finally caught up on all the posts from overnight! Good morning from Australia, peeps!
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
    edited September 2015

It's "disagree". And i got a whole lot of them for saying the name confuses both old and new members today :D
    Post edited by Anemone7 on
    edited September 2015

It's "disagree". And i got a whole lot of them for saying the name confuses old and new members today :D

:D:D I think I would of had a lot of "diagrees" too because I was definitely confused! :D

Thank you @Frogprincess_q I wish I could say i'm staying, but I just wanted to see touch base and read any updates. I guess there is still no word on our baby tot's returning :'(

It's "disagree". And i got a whole lot of them for saying the name confuses old and new members today :D

:D:D I think I would of had a lot of "diagrees" too because I was definitely confused! :D

Thank you @Frogprincess_q I wish I could say i'm staying, but I just wanted to see touch base and read any updates. I guess there is still no word on our baby tot's returning :'(

Oh, i wasn't confused. There was just a "old" member who started a thread asking what it was (and this wasn't the first one) and i said, that's the reason they should just call it "disagree" again. Some comments later, a member facepalmed me and decided what i have to say doesn't matter *eyeroll*

Oh, i wasn't confused. There was just a "old" member who started a thread asking what it was (and this wasn't the first one) and i said, that's the reason they should just call it "disagree" again. Some comments later, a member facepalmed me and decided what i have to say doesn't matter *eyeroll*

Seems like things are still crazy. Sorry they did that to you.

Seems like things are still crazy. Sorry they did that to you.

Oh, it's ok. I'm not upset. Thanks.
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    This thread is getting really massaive great work guys
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

For a change I decided to give my sims an actual wedding (Sims 3), partly for something to brighten up the family play thread, and I was pleasantly surprised by how well the guest's AI worked. I'm going to have to make the effort in the future, because it was really quite wonderful! It was a pretty modest event, usually I just have private weddings for my sims, but I feel inspired to try for a bigger event next time around (next gen maybe?). Even parties are better in Sims 3 than Sims 4 for all the bro-party focus :/ Admittedly things may have improved since my last attempt at a Sims 4 wedding. It was really, really bad at the time. The bartender didn't tend, the musician didn't play and the guests didn't even watch the ceremony...

Anyway, this is Eleanor Charm and her University crush Shannon Arkers, deciding to take things to the next level. Shannon has been edited a bit I confess. Mostly to help her fit into Dragon Valley :) I've always found her an interesting sim, but this is the first time that I've added her to a played household.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I mean look at all those guests actually sitting and crying happy tears and generally being moved and excited to be there <3
    screenshot_original.jpg
    And they threw rice or confetti or something afterwards :)
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The werewolves even showed up for cake. I have a family with 3 redheaded musician werewolves that I added to the town, the two sisters were quite reserved during the wedding compared to the brother - who is best friends with one of the brides - he was grinning and cheering the whole time, from start to finish:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Such a happy wolfie-dude (in the red suit) and such a proud best friend! Look at that grin :lol:
    screenshot_original.jpg

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
    @Frogprincess_q love the pics, and that dress is lovely. Im not fully over to the darkside as cc does make me vary so i only have like two hairstyles, and will probably leave it at that. Though it was fun learning how to do it, made me feel all geeky ;)
    @Frogprincess_q love the pics, and that dress is lovely. Im not fully over to the darkside as cc does make me vary so i only have like two hairstyles, and will probably leave it at that. Though it was fun learning how to do it, made me feel all geeky ;)

I don't have much CC for Sims 3. CASt makes it so easy to have a lot of different looks and there is just so much content already. I do have nearly everything from NRAAS, though. I finally went all out with Sims 3 skins this week though. My sims are now all <cough> anatomically correct and the amount of smug geekiness I feel is out of control :lol:. I've been boasting to my husband about each stage of the process and while he agrees I am old enough to cope with nudity, I'm sure he must think I'm bonkers to be so pleased with myself (I think I'm bonkers to be so pleased with myself). I love my sims looking that much more real though.

The dress is from Dragon Valley, btw, it has some nice elven styles :)

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    Does somebody know if the plants fix means you have to plant new plants or are the old ones ok after harvesting?

I don't know about after harvesting or not, but it sounds like you need to replant to fix them. You could try letting them mature then planting from the produce? It depends how patient you feel...

I'll try it out, but i'm just concerned with this fix if it means you have to replant. Because how can i replant stuff in non-editable spaces?!
    One teen (not of my household, so i can't pick it up)) left his homework book on a picnic table in the non-editable public space. It has been lying there next to my house for two whole generations now and while it's kind of a running gag, it also drives me nuts lol.

There it is...lurking in the back, ready to be on every screenshot of now the third generation while visiting the playground... Just...go away!!!!
    afb580d8-0bbf-4140-bdb7-f28d1ef02039_zpsnhf4bs8w.png
    edited September 2015
    Does somebody know if the plants fix means you have to plant new plants or are the old ones ok after harvesting?

I don't know about after harvesting or not, but it sounds like you need to replant to fix them. You could try letting them mature then planting from the produce? It depends how patient you feel...

I'll try it out, but i'm just concerned with this fix if it means you have to replant. Because how can i replant stuff in non-editable spaces?!
    One teen (not of my household, so i can't pick it up)) left his homework book on a picnic table in the non-editable public space. It has been lying there next to my house for two whole generations now and while it's kind of a running gag, it also drives me nuts lol.

There it is...lurking in the back, ready to be on every screenshot of now the third generation while visiting the playground... Just...go away!!!!

How irksome :/

Edited to add: Sims 4, where your sims may be culled, but their homework will persist forever...?

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg

How irksome :/

Edited to add: Sims 4, where your sims may be culled, but their homework will persist forever...?

Basically, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top