Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Congratulations @folala for winning BnS24 Established level! :smiley::star:
    Also, congratulations @PersRealmsShadow for the Sim and Room Challenge! :smiley::star:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    Thanks for the feedback. Will definitely take your suggestions and try them out.
  • LeebeejeebeeLeebeejeebee Posts: 116 Member
    Yay! @BuildnShare, thank you for your comments, and for those on the previous entry I did which helped me improve for this time round :smiley:

Congratulations @PersRealmsShadow and @folala!
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Congrats to all winners! Great entries, lots of inspiring ideas! :)
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #23 - THINK TINY

@EuphorialQueen
    This is an adorable little home from the front. The landscaping is lovely, and the twin fountains are a cute touch. Great use of the space on the small lot. Inside, the space is perfectly planned out with no wasted space. I love the little back patio with space for dining. I like that you’ve included plenty of activities to keep the new couple entertained.

Suggestions: I would have liked to have seen more cottage touches on the exterior for Julie.

@mommataurus2
    The a-frame shape is interesting. I like the cottage door and garden touches for Julie. Is that a small water feature out front? Love it! The choice of wood siding on the exterior gives nice visual interest to the exterior. You have a nice blend of traditional and modern elements inside. The kitchen is a great size and very functional. The open plan makes the entire space look larger. Using in-game photographs for wall décor is a clever idea. All of the outdoor living space adds to the functionality of the lot. The Franklins will have plenty to keep themselves entertained in this house.

Suggestions: Some strategic pops of color in the interior would take this to the next level.

@Issabella14
    What a cute little cottage! I love the brick siding choice and the window boxes. You made nice use of terrain paint, and your landscaping choices add a great deal of value to the build. Oh, wow – the pool area is fantastic! I love the wooden “deck” around the pool and the use of rocks and flowers. The tiny kitchen is top notch. The upper cabinets provide ample storage without taking up too much space. The use of the little alcove to tuck away the refrigerator is very clever. The glass railing on the stairs is lovely and maintains the openness of the space.

Suggestions: The upstairs could have used a contrasting color to break things up visually.

@Zita1966z
    Lemon Twist has a ton of architectural interest. The use of ½ walls with the front steps is very cool. I love the super-sized cacti and other plants. This lot blends right into the Hidden Springs neighborhood seamlessly. I had to look closely to figure out how you accomplished the single square stone wall on the front. It’s very reminiscent of what we could do with CFE in Sims 3. Lovely patio for outdoor living (would have liked to have seen more close-ups of this area). I love the look of a built-in sectional you’ve achieved in the living area. I like the contrast of the teal and yellow in the bedroom.

Suggestions: More stone on the exterior would have appealed to Julie’s desire for a cottage feel, making both clients happy. The downstairs could have used more clutter/décor.

@masajo
    This cottage has the perfect combination of siding and roof textures to convey the style. I love the little eyebrow window and the fact that you’ve slightly curved the roof to make it even more “cottage.” The colorful flowerbeds out front blend well without being too “matchy” for a cottage feel, and the white fence is just perfect. Wow – that overhead of the lot shows off just how amazing those flowerbeds really are – nice! You’ve included a full-sized kitchen that has all the essentials, and the ½ walls keep the small space open and functional. While the color scheme is subdued, it is lovely and the contrasting dark brown and white accents provide visual interest.

Suggestions: The landscaping could have used some more elements with height to visually tie things together. You might experiment with window sizes on the sides of the home for better scale.

@BryonyRae
    I’m loving your use of the awning and tiered roof pieces on this home. The flower beds are very lush, and I can see how enlarging the plants has let you create fuller and more interesting plant groupings. The patio dining table with awning is fantastic, and the contrast of the darker blue walls with the white fence out back is a great choice. The interior loving space is quite lovely with the modern fireplace serving as a focal point. The color scheme is cohesive with adequate contrast between the blue accents and neutral fabric and furniture finishes. The galley kitchen is fantastic with the cluttered shelves over the sink reflecting advanced use of design tools. Is that an in-game photograph used an art tile backsplash? So clever!

Suggestions: Some stone, brick or wood on the exterior would have enhanced the cottage look. In comparison, the color and texture choices in the bedroom were not quite so lovely as in other parts of the home.

@Cerrydd
    I love the shape of the roof on this cottage, and the awning is very cute. The shingle choice is excellent with the vertical wood siding and the grey brick exterior. The little gate leading to the front entry is especially nice. I adore the yellow flowers in the window flower box out back! The back patio with seating and dining space is divine. The clumping of flowers to create realistic flower beds is very cool. Inside, I love the cheerful yellow against a neutral wall in the living area. The yellow accent wall in the kitchen is fantastic, and the modern choices in the interior are stylish and well-planned. You made great use of the in-game object placement tools to realistically clutter the high shelf in the kitchen. The bedroom is slightly separated from the living area for some privacy while still maintaining the open flow of the space.

Suggestions: The thick, stepped exterior trim created a stark separation between the base and roof of the house. Perhaps a more subtle exterior trim might have worked better in this case.

@gmcrozier
    From the exterior, this home is perfect for Julie's taste with great stone and wood siding. I love the window boxes - perfectly cottage. The combination of the white wood fencing and the hedge is creative and creates an interesting contrast. I like the covered patio with the cutouts - very innovative. The deep colors inside are bold but still blend well together. I like the modern choices for the interior furniture. The improvised "folding" glass doors on the back are fantastic.

Suggestions: I think the side that had the stone siding on bottom and wood on top would have flowed better if it were all wood. And it could have used some windows on this side for more interest as well.

@Chris2fer03
    I’m in love with this little cottage! The white fence and the landscaping are so cute along with the shutters and little eyebrow windows. The contrast of the stone and wood siding is fantastic, and the roof choice is just perfect. I love the use of fencing to create the attached pergola in the back. From the overhead picture, I can already tell that the color scheme inside is harmonious and very chic. I love the kitchen with the small island. Using a ½ wall to create a ledge to place the tv is very creative. I love the use of the floral pictures in the bedroom. The horizontal tile in the bathroom is very chic. Is that a picture of one of the rugs on the wall? How clever to add variety to the in-game wall hanging selections! You’ve struck a very nice balance between cottage and Taylor’s more modern preferences with your interior.

Suggestions: While the colors inside were lovely and soothing, some contrasting colors or even hues would add more visual interest.

@WrathofCath
    This woodsy little cottage is simply beautiful. I love the sue of the fencing to frame the lot, and the landscaping looks just like and English country garden. Great use of brick and wood siding to give interest to the exterior. The rustic vibe of the cottage is carried over into the back with log seating and camp-style chairs for the chess table and patio dining. Again, from the overhead I see a very harmonious color scheme along with great use of space. I love your use of the rustic brick inside along with cleaner plaster walls – it blends the cottage with modern nicely. The timber beams add a nice rustic touch as well. You’ve managed to include a quite spacious bathroom in this tiny home.

Suggestions: I had to actually search for a suggestion and came up empty. Well done.

@Karababy52
    This home looks truly tiny and totally cute from the front! I like the stone and wood accents and the flower beds flanking the front steps. The side porch with pergola and plants on top is very nice. I love the tiny swimming pool! What a cool addition :) I like the ½ hipped roof reversal that gives a unique shape to the front wall portion. The interior space is nicely arranged with nothing wasted.

Suggestions: Add color in rugs and curtains where possible. The eye needs some visual stimulation to break up the space.

@KittKat7147
    Such a quint little cottage, so cute! Very interesting layout and I'm impressed it works so well.
    I love that rear entrance with the plants. The sign above it is really fitting. Great use of cc in general. You really found and created items that fit with the game style. My personal favourite is the sitting corner with the L-shaped sofa.

Suggestions: your layout works really well. Except maybe the placing of the fridge so plain in sight and almost as a main feature. Maybe they are foodies? :)

Such a large advanced field, and so many great entries for this challenge! It was sooooo difficult to assign places as there were really great parts of each and every build. But here goes....

The Winner of the Sim Challenge is ....

@mommataurus2

Honorable Mentions for the main build go to ....
    @Issabella14 & @Chris2fer03 !!

3rd Place goes to ....
    @Cerrydd !!

2nd Place goes to ....
    @KittKat7147 !!

AND The Winner of this Challenge is ....

@WrathofCath !!!!!

CONGRATS TO ALL THE ENTRANTS <3
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited August 2015
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #23 - THINK TINY

@EuphorialQueen
    This is an adorable little home from the front. The landscaping is lovely, and the twin fountains are a cute touch. Great use of the space on the small lot. Inside, the space is perfectly planned out with no wasted space. I love the little back patio with space for dining. I like that you’ve included plenty of activities to keep the new couple entertained.

Suggestions: I would have liked to have seen more cottage touches on the exterior for Julie.
    Thank you for the review and I agree with your suggestion. :smile:
    Such a large advanced field, and so many great entries for this challenge! It was sooooo difficult to assign places as there were really great parts of each and every build. But here goes....

The Winner of the Sim Challenge is ....

@mommataurus2

Honorable Mentions for the main build go to ....
    @Issabella14 & @Chris2fer03 !!

3rd Place goes to ....
    @Cerrydd !!

2nd Place goes to ....
    @KittKat7147 !!

@WrathofCath !!!!!

Bravo and Congrats to @mommataurus2 @WrathofCath and the other winners :+1::+1:
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Congratulations @Issabella14, @Chris2fer03, @Cerrydd, @KittKat7147, and @WrathofCath! Cath, I have to say that I am not surprised that you took 1st place. ;) Your build truly was flawless. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Clap Clap Congrats to everybody :)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Yay! \o/ Congratulations @Issabella14, @Chris2fer03, @Cerrydd, @KittKat7147, and especially @WrathofCath! Well earned and worthy winners, every single one of you! :)@BuildnShare Thank you so much for your suggestions, I'll keep them in mind for my next build. Happy Simming everyone! <3
    Congratulations @Issabella14 @Chris2fer03 @Cerrydd @KittKat7147 and @WrathofCath for winning #BnS23 Expert Level! :smiley::star::star::star:

And congratulations @mommataurus2 for the Sim Challenge! :smiley::star:
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited August 2015
    Thanks everybody for the celebrations and thank you @BuildnShare for the great review and honorable mention. Contrats to @Chris2fer03, @Cerrydd, @KittKat7147, and the winner @WrathofCath. Congrats to @mommataurus2 for winning the sims challenge. All are well deserved <3<3:)
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    What a happy surprise to wake up to! :blush: Thank you for your kind review @BuildnShare. It was a really fun challenge. :)

Congratulations to @Issabella14, @Chris2fer03, @Cerrydd and @KittKat7147! :star::star::star: And Congratulations to @mommataurus2 for winning the sim challenge! :star::star::star:

Thank you for the congrats, @EuphorialQueen, @Karababy52, @RyeCris16, and @Issabella14. :blush:

Thank you for both the congrats and for your wonderful comment @BryonyRae! It really means a lot to me, coming from such a talented builder as yourself. :relaxed:
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Many congratulations to all the winners @WrathofCath @KittKat7147 @Cerrydd @Issabella14 @Chris2fer03 and @mommataurus2 :) All awesome entries and very well deserved wins :) Big thanks to @BuildnShare for your feedback, very much appreciated :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    edited August 2015
    Congrats to all of the winners @WrathofCath @KittLat7147 @Cerrydd @Issabella14 @mommataurus2 :star::star: It was a great selection of builds and a really fun challenge. :) Special thanks for the positive review, feedback and for sharing the honorable mention, super awesome! :blush:
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    Yhea!!! Congratulations to everyone! Well deserved! :)
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #24 - MR. McGREGOR'S FARM

@Zita1966z
    Right off, I am drawn in by the flower gardens you have created. Mrs. McGregor will be thrilled! It looks like you made good use of the “enlargen” tool to get more bang for your buck in this area. The metal roof lends itself to the farmhouse look. I love the truck and the piled wood you created on the back of it - very creative! You’ve used terrain paint extremely effectively on this build. Excellent garden for Atholl - that stone fencing will certainly keep those pesky rabbits at bay. The greenhouse is just perfect. The interior is nicely planned, and the large dining table created with MOO is an especially nice touch.

Suggestions: The stone finishing edges in the siding did not apply consistently around the house. I would have opted for a siding without them. Work on making your interiors as beautiful as your exteriors.

@Chris2fer03
    Wow - where do I start? The gardens are divine, and the architecture is perfect “farm house.” I love the front porch with seating and window boxes. For a minute, I really thought that was a swing in the front yard - very creative use of MOO. Is that a little dock going out into the pond? (going to have to download to see how you did that!) The exterior siding, roof, and stone fireplace are lovely, and the blue trim accents are a nice touch. The roof work is creative and perfectly ties together - nice job. I love the greenhouse and the entry gate to the farm. The interior is impeccable -good use of color without it being overwhelming or clashing. I love that you’ve brought in flowers for decor - that will certainly make Mrs. McGregor happy.

Suggestions: I can’t add much for design suggestions, but Mr. McGregor mentioned “grandkids” (plural) spending the summer, so a double bed or 2 singles would have worked better.

@Issabella14
    I wasn’t familiar with the Dutch Cape farmhouse style, but when I googled it, I quickly saw that you have nailed the look with the tools we have available in Sims 4. The white walls and dark roof contrast nicely. You have used terrain paints expertly to create the front walk with fountain, and the flower beds out front are lovely. I love the vineyard you’ve created with “enlargen” and MOO. The roofing on the home is very nicely done and creates a look that I haven’t seen in many other Sims 4 homes if at all - great work. The potting shed is adorable, and those tall kitchen cabinets create the perfect look for garden storage. Inside, the colors blend nicely, and there is no wasted space in the home. You’ve utilized every square foot to full advantage.

Suggestions: The exterior “wowed” but the interior was more subdued in comparison. Pay equal attention to all parts of the build.

@WrathofCath
    On first view, this farmhouse could not be more perfect for both McGregor’s. The flower beds are a riot of color, but the colors are handled expertly giving a very polished look to the landscaping. The home itself is a typical farmhouse style with an inviting, covered front porch. The siding color along with the roof and dark brown shutters are very current and bring modern style to this more traditional build. The use of roof trims gives a finished look and brings more visual interest to the build. You’ve done an excellent job of blending the pond into the landscape, and I love the open gate effect you’ve created with the fencing. Mr. McGregor will love the potting shed! The interior is nicely done with colors that blend nicely and still add visual interest. Those pesky rabbits, lol. The kid’s room is very cute, and you’ve managed to pick out the exact bits that color-coordinated with each other.

Suggestions: Not much I can add design-wise… I do think Atholl might have appreciated some more protection for his garden (unless there are some hidden bunny-exclusion devices that we can’t see)

@masajo
    I love your use of terrain paint for the drive, and the truck is just delighful! Very nice flower beds for Mrs. McGregor and it looks like the “enlargen” cheat has given them more presence and impact. The white fence around the garden adds to the farmhouse look. NIce roof work for a varied look, and it all ties together well. The layout of the house is nicely planned and includes interesting room shapes - not your typical boxes. I like that is has a cohesive color scheme, and rooms flow together well. The kitchen is very cute, and the wood-burning stove adds the perfect farmhouse touch. The built-in entertainment center in the living room is fantastic. I love the room for the grandkids - so cute!

Suggestions: I love the red trim with the green siding of the garden shed. Perhaps some green siding on the main house to contrast with the white brick/plaster would have added more architectural interest..

@KittKat7147
    Adorable farm build. If it’s got a porch, you got me down. The exterior fits the theme very well. And the landscaping is finished. Loving the pond, but that shed really finishes it with the hedge up on a stone wall. The detail on the interior of it as well, great addition. As for the main house interior, its cohesive to the general theme and looks like it would fit perfectly with grumpy old McGregor. Having the master bedroom downstairs seems like a very thought through decision, and having the guestroom/grandkids' room upstairs with lots of space for them is perfect - great layout.

Suggestion: Though I love the style of the exterior, I miss some detail on the back of the house. Maybe a part of the house could have different siding, or a balcony would’ve made it a bit more eye-catching?

As always, it's never an easy thing to assign places in this category. The talent is so high that it really comes down to those nit-picky details...But here goes:

2nd Place goes to ....
    @Chris2fer03 !!

@WrathofCath !!!!!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    champagne-toast.gifCongrats @WrathofCath and @Chris2fer03!champagne-toast.gif

And thanks @BuildnShare for the feedback and 2nd on #BnS23. It's an honor to be among such talented builders [img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-SI3zLyIT9CE/TXOz4hr8ITI/AAAAAAAABNY/9RmOnkpsyfY/s1600/smiley-biggrin.png[/img]
    Congratulations @WrathofCath and @Chris2fer03. Well done :)
    Thanks @BuildnShare for the great review :)
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Congrats to the winners and thank you @BuildnShare :)
    ESTABLISHED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #25 - SUMMER DESIGNER SHOWDOWN!

@ChelsieLouise

Excellent choice of inspiration object, the picture of the four plumbobs is bright and colourful, modern and vibrant. It's great to see this has inspired your wonderful colour scheme throughout the entire build. Pretty front appearance using plants and hedging and the potted plants and pictures really liven up the front porch. Perhaps some seating here would be good to watch the world go by. Wonderful rear design using all the space provided to create different areas of relaxation, the high fencing gives total privacy. Great interior design using the colours of the plumbob pic. Love the pink kitchen, very hi-tech and the brick walls look fantastic here. The green dividers section the areas well and are a great contrast with the pink/purple. The orange lounge looks very sunny and cheery, most certainly uplifting!

Suggestions: I believe the front of your build could be greatly enhanced by using more terrain paint to create either a driveway for the vehicle, perhaps with gravel, or maybe a dirt track with tyre marks on the grass. Spray a little paint under the trees to give a more realistic appearance. Regarding the presentation we like to see the pictures titled. We also like to see overhead shots of the entire site, each floor of the build to see the overall layout and one with the roof up so we can see the rooflines.

@InvisibleLyndz

Sea-Esta Vile is a very beautiful beach style villa, you have captured the theme extraordinarily well. Perfect choice of exterior wall textures, windows, fencing and the spandrels add to the beauty of this build. Excellent use of terrain paint to create a sandy beach with coastal plants and grasses. The rocks lining the path provide a very welcoming appearance, along with the palm trees. Awesome backyard with the pier leading out to the water and the two beach huts look so quaint! You've made great use of these as a massage room and woodwork room. The interior design is impeccable with a wonderful layout. All rooms are beautifully decorated and furnished in keeping with the coastal style and each one packed full of interest, using shelves, ornaments/objects, mats, plants and pictures. I absolutely love how you've created the windows seats by the TV lounge.

Suggestions: Watch out for plants coming through walls, I spotted this in the kids room, use the 'alt' key to shift them away. Also noticed a 'hole' in the ceiling on the ground floor by the stairs, angle the camera to avoid this. The wall dividing the single bedrooms also divides the window, not sure if this looks quite right, maybe use two single windows here.

@mommataurus2

A wonderful bright and cheery appearance to your design which oozes Summer. The warm brown and orange wall textures and your choice of windows provide great interest to the exterior, as do the colourful planting, rocks and 'inspiration' chairs around the fire pit. Very interesting pool design at the rear, this really breaks the space up well, enabling different areas/niches. Good to see you brought the brown and orange tones indoors, creating a very warm and ambient appearance. The open plan living/dining/kitchen is spacious and well laid out. I really love the kitchen area with the central island. The first floor looks very exotic and is furnished beautifully. Awesome meditation room with the leafy plants and candles, very Zen like!

Suggestions: We judge primarily on the slideshow so it's important to show a few shots of each room at different angles. We like to see overhead shots of the entire site, as well as each floor so we can see the overall layout and one with roof up in order to see the rooflines. When taking pics remember to turn the grid lines off by hitting 'G' on the keyboard.

@kezflake

Excellent choice of inspiration object to create a family home based on space travel and science. Good contrasting exterior wall finishes with modern window styles give the home a contemporary feel. The geometric paving and 'designer' planting provide a very interesting appearance, very space like indeed! Lots of different areas at the rear with plenty to do. I love the structure you have created over the pool and the kids pretend new planet area looks awesome! Wonderful open plan concept on the ground floor with windowed walls dividing the areas. The kitchen is a beautiful design with built-in appliances and the 'L' shaped sofa is perfect for this area. Your choice of natural tones add to the space/science theme giving a soft neutral look all round. The rocks, elements and space pictures area great enhancements, all adding to the futuristic feel.

Suggestions: The rear of the property is absolutely wonderful, full of interest and beautifully designed. However, I feel there is a little too much going on, especially at the side where the kids area is located. Maybe by eliminating the observatory here and moving the fence and everything back a little would provide a neater, more flowing, space.

@Don_Oello

Excellent interpretation of your inspiration object into the entire build, you've done a fantastic job. The western style starts wonderfully outside with the terracotta and shades of brown contrasting well with your great choice of windows, though I see one is missing at the front! Fantastic choice of plants and path, giving a great desert like appearance. Lovely porch at the rear, perfect for a bbq or simply relaxing. It's great to see you've brought the style indoors. The bar area is very authentic and realistic looking with the muted brown and green tones and wooden floor. Lots to do here with the bar, card table and piano. Great layout throughout and good to see you've transformed the first floor into an office and a yoga room to relieve stress.

Suggestions: I think the rear porch would benefit from some steps leading down to the monkey bars. It would have been good to see an overhead shot of the full site to appreciate the landscaping at the rear. The front porch looks in need of a little decoration, perhaps a few potted plants or maybe a table between the benches.

The Winner of this Challenge is ....

@InvisibleLyndz

Second place goes to ....

@kezflake
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • InvisibleLyndzInvisibleLyndz Posts: 3,861 Member
    :o

Oh wow! I really didn't expect to win, there were so many brilliant entries!!

Thank you so much for the kind comments and suggestions on how to improve, I had a lot of fun with this challenge. It has gotten me back into playing the sims, so thank you ^-^

Well done everyone!
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Congrats winners! Well deserved! :) I didn't take part in this one as I was so busy but, I did have a peak at the entries and they were really great!
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

Congratulations @InvisibleLyndz and @kezflake for winning #BnS25 Established level! :smiley::star:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top