Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Grim Reaper wants to party!

I threw a birthday party for my triplets but sadly a sim died in the middle of it. I thought the party would be over but I still needed to age up one of the triplets, so I clicked on the cake ready to start the age up process and then this happened:

Screenshot-1212.jpg

I've never seen him join in with a birthday party before!

Have you seen the grim reaper doing something unexpected? I've seen him do other things after he hangs around for a while but I can't find my other pics!
✼ My TS3 MyPage

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    They do say that he enjoys to have a good time ;)

I haven't ever killed off too many Sims over the years but I do remember seeing him hang around a house in the TS2 days either watching TV or using a toilet >:)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    Grimmy once praised the cowplant, fed it a lollipop and then disappeared.
    Screenshot-1632_zpsik0socqf.jpg

He's made silly faces with my sims multiple times.
    Screenshot-930_zpsuyvlsmsv.jpg

There was this toilet I realized my sims weren't cleaning and it was so disgusting I called it the 'Toilet of Death'. It was hilarious and fitting when death actually cleaned it.
    Screenshot-1132_zpszmgkn58x.jpg

He once mocked Sherlock Holmes who I'd thrown into a zombie apocalypse along with the Doctor, Benerby, Mumushka and a few other of my favorite sims.
    Screenshot-1608_zpsinf3qpno.jpg
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
  • Options
    TashaGoesMewTashaGoesMew Posts: 47 Member
    @ARRensch ~ The picture of him cleaning your toilet made me laugh so hard. That's amazing!
    My Origin ID: SomeGeekyGirl
  • Options
    tiger_lily5tiger_lily5 Posts: 3,904 Member
    Your pictures are hilarious @ARRensch! :D
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Ohhh, I love when Grimmy does funny things. :D
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    FuzzySlippersFuzzySlippers Posts: 81 Member
    I've had him dance with the stereo, or whip out a guitar and play some tunes, but never actually join a party! My grimmy prefers to be a one-man party all by himself it seems
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    He used the diving board and swam around with my sims dog once.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    tnwahinetnwahine Posts: 22 New Member
    I like to give my Grims traits that will encourage interaction with the community. He was dancing on a table after a bachelor party at one point.
  • Options
    Great stories everyone! I love the idea of him dancing on a table! :D
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    EchoweverEchowever Posts: 411 Member
    Screenshot-348.jpg

Here Grimmy is, after he changed into his formalwear, about to go eat at the Bistro.
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    Jed_Bartlet_02Jed_Bartlet_02 Posts: 425 Member
    And yet with all of his powers, Grimmy can't go out into the ocean or a lake to get a dying Sim. I tried drowning one in the beach in Twinbrook by sliding the hunger and energy bars down to zero, yet the Sim would not die until he came to shore. Swimming pools are different. Grimmy just waits at the edge for the spirit of the dead Sim.

Grimmy also enjoys pillow fighting and taking pictures of celebrity Sims as well as showing up uninvited to wedding parties out of costume. He's even insulted a few party guests.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @Echowever, I'm not sure whether to laugh or shudder. That smile... Grimmy smiling is unsettling. Is that why he wears that hood?
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    When I first got Grim's Ghastly Manor, I had Grimmy at my house all the time, cause I had his door as my front door.... and well, papparazi kept getting eaten by my door mat, which is what eventually led me to turn off papparazi through NRAAS Register. Needless to say, with him showing up THAT often, it felt like he was a member of my household :p
  • Options
    AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    This rocks! I've tried to have a few Sims interact with Grim Reaper, or get him to stick around - but I'm assuming I have to have certain expansions installed? Is that right?
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • Options
    trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    AMofOz wrote: »
    This rocks! I've tried to have a few Sims interact with Grim Reaper, or get him to stick around - but I'm assuming I have to have certain expansions installed? Is that right?

Nah it's just random. I think you have a better chance if there are fun-building objects around your home he can play with, though? Or just something he can get into, like a birthday party. Just be patient...you'll have your own grim reaper fun someday :)

@Echowever LOL oh my god! The poor guy. The one time he tries to treat himself to a nice dinner and he ends up looking very creepy XD
  • Options
    Loving all these Grimmy stories! :D

@Echowever - Wow! He does look creepy like that. Very funny that he dresses up in his best formal wear for dinner though lol

I wasn't sure whether it was random so that's good to know. I wonder what he'll do next! :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    I know Grim (and every other sim) will stick around if you have a classically cool fixer upper car, so I think fun objects probably will get him to stick around like @trollnexus said.
  • Options
    EchoweverEchowever Posts: 411 Member
    @tiger_lily5 He was eating at Little Corsican Bistro. You automatically change into formalwear before eating inside.

He once took the soul of a random townie who drowned at the community pool and then went swimming with his robe on. I was too clueless then to get a picture.

I have the classically cool fixer upper car, but I haven't actually played it yet. I want to get a Vehicle Enthusiast sim to fix it up.

@Jed_Bartlet_02 I've never seen Grim out of costume except that one picture at the Bistro. He's never come to one of my parties. I guess I have that to look forward to. I've had a lot of pillow fights with him. Also insults.
    SampleGen6Banner.jpg
  • Options
    I love the Grim Reaper. He's like my favorite character from the Sims 3, when I see him I'm just casually like, "Hey Grimmy! It's nice to see you, how's it goin'?" This thread inspired me to spend nine hours making a shirt in his honor that my sims will proudly wear around. I just wish he'd actually come to my sim's parties. That would be awesome.
  • Options
    I didn't know that about the car. I don't have that (I think it comes with Roaring Heights which I don't have) but I'm just trying to think what fun objects they have on that lot. I don't think they have that many things. They have the stereo in the picture and the biggest TV and games console in the room that the party took place in but that's about it. Oh and a piano!

That's awesome that it inspired you @ARRensch! Maybe he'll show up at your parties one day. He should visit and check out the shirt! lol :)
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    @arrensch if you have Grims Ghastly Manor, you can slap The Door of Life and Death on your lot (I usually use it as front door) and throw a party, and then just talk to him, although, though some people say thats not the "real" Grimmy, but I'm not too sure on that part.
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    I'm gonna revive this thread!WOO!