Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    anettesb wrote: »
    I don't like the awesome button. I'm going to sit here and be surly in the corner. I would have very much preferred "helpful" or "insightful". Thinking things are awesome takes energy that I don't have.

<sits in corner with family play, sandbox and create-a-world banners>
    *my banners are getting crumpled and faded... I think I might be too, look at how grumpy I am :lol:

Would like insightful, Helpful or agree more....
    but I do just want them all. .. and have a party

"Awesome" feels like a more "Party on Bro" option to me, but I am a bit surly this morning. Maybe more coffee would help.

Agree it is the one i wanted the least... as you say a party on bro.... but more happy is fine
    So I will try to think of it difrent an more like when i love and idea or art work
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    I don't like the awesome button. I'm going to sit here and be surly in the corner. I would have very much preferred "helpful" or "insightful". Thinking things are awesome takes energy that I don't have.

<sits in corner with family play, sandbox and create-a-world banners>
    *my banners are getting crumpled and faded... I think I might be too, look at how grumpy I am :lol:

Would like insightful, Helpful or agree more....
    but I do just want them all. .. and have a party

"Awesome" feels like a more "Party on Bro" option to me, but I am a bit surly this morning. Maybe more coffee would help.

Agree it is the one i wanted the least... as you say a party on bro.... but more happy is fine
    So I will try to think of it difrent an more like when i love and idea or art work

Agree would be very useful, I think, but the forum tweak that I would like the most would be instead of getting a notification for every new comment, getting a number count of posts for each thread being followed and a link to where I am up to in the thread. It's painful going through pages of notifications trying to find which threads have been updated. Especially, if I take a few days off.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hiya guys, loving the new awesome button!!!
    And something's got me wondering...what would toddlers look like in TS4??
    Its really hard to imagine since the game has always been plastered with young adults and most of the children I made when I played the game always seemed fairly similar...
    Unlike in TS2 when children's looks were more varied.

They might be objects attached to a play pen, or simply 'babies with hair'

:disappointed:

Ugh, its sad that we get soo disappointed that all we see for the future is...you guessed it, disappointment.

I just like to say to all those "awesome", awesome button clicking people out there who...*crying* sorry I'm getting a bit emotional...who gave me my very first awesome points. Thankyou all!

:lol: lol, You see, the reason everyone on here has at least 1 awesome is very simple,
    WE BOSS B)

(God, I can't take anything seriously right now..)

That was weird...

As I was saying...
    I think because we are so pushed towards single-sim gameplay, its just made it soo impossible for me to have any sort of idea for what generational gameplay would look like.
    That's not how it should be. :unamused:

I agree, the game was not built for family play so even if they throw in toddlers and other life stages, they were never the intention in the first place so you wont really get much out of toddlers anyway

And that is the reason I'd installed TS2 so I can have a choice in playing family with a baby you can walk around with,toddlers that mom and dad can play with. To create my own story and not force into playing a style I'm uncomfortable with. And this is not nostalgia speaking, its fact.
  • CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    All this chat about TS2 got me re-starting. I plonked some community Lots in my hood and have started playing the Brokes. I can't stand poor Brandi's home, so gave it a makeover (no cheating). It's amazing how much money she has to spend when you start deleting stuff! Though... I did run out and had to delete her garden plants to be able to afford a toilet :D

Here's her new home:
    Sims2EP9%202015-08-31%2004-30-57-52.png

I love this! I've been playing TS2 recently and I desperately need to give this lot a makeover.
  • Idray2501Idray2501 Posts: 32 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hello again peoples! I booted up my Sims 3 again and found that somehow in my absence my game decided that it wanted to start working faster! Not that I'm complaining, it was great. I had a nice poor-ish family that owned a worn down farm that had very high bills. The current owners were a young adult male, Brett, who hated the outdoors and had mastered the nectar-making skill and his teenage younger sister, Allyson Jane (her name is technically A.J.) who basically did everything, loved horses, and had mastered the gardening skill, and her toddler daughter, Sidney. Her boyfriend.. Steve.. lived with them at some point but they broke up and he moved out into a place, I haven't checked. I was home alone all day yesterday and seeing as I have no life...
    Sidney is now almost a teenager and has a B in class. A.J. is a young adult, still single, still completely focused on her daughter, farm, and horse (Sable) as well as the new foal for her daughter. Brett is about to propose to his girlfriend, who I'm yet to give a makeover to. I think he'll be an adult in 7 more days. And they're still not super rich but they can maintain the farm as well as were able to fix it up a bit. The shed is still a bit useless however... So I want to make it challenging. Sidney (who got to level 3 of the logic skill during toddlerhood and is now on level 9 because tabcast), got the lifetime want to be a doctor so I mean, that will be a fun story to have when the time comes around. Although personally, the stories aren't as interesting or emotional as they were in the Sims 2, I feel like it will be fun to have Sidney battle it out with her mother about not wanting to stay on the farm. Maybe she'll get kicked out? Maybe her mom will accept it. I don't even think there is space for another baby in the household since Brett currently has a dingy apartment type thing in the top floor of the barn. I can't wait to be able to post screenshots so I don't just have blocks of text.

Edit: minor details
  • Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    I wanted to share with you the first park of Nuevo Amanecer, I made it thinking about a big family so it has a thing for everyone :) Andrew spent his afternoon with some friends but sadly he couldn't find a date lol
    This is the entrance
    snapshot_02ed3af4_a2f073a9_zpswjxnuwkp.jpg
    Andrew taking care of the park's flowers
    snapshot_02ed3af4_42f07472_zpszudtfixw.jpg
    A view of the kids area to play with their parents :blush:
    snapshot_02ed3af4_a2f075ae_zpsamsf2h6w.jpg
    Andrew preparing a little lunch for his friends
    snapshot_02ed3af4_22f0753a_zpsdw9ip9h0.jpg
    And to end a perfect afternoon, what is better than playing chess with someone before night?
    snapshot_02ed3af4_22f07691_zpsbr8pcdo4.jpg

By the way I love fall in The Sims 2! :)
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    Cesal95 wrote: »
    I wanted to share with you the first park of Nuevo Amanecer, I made it thinking about a big family so it has a thing for everyone :) Andrew spent his afternoon with some friends but sadly he couldn't find a date lol
    <snip>

By the way I love fall in The Sims 2! :)

Great pics! I really like the park.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    crockatail wrote: »
    Hiya guys, loving the new awesome button!!!
    And something's got me wondering...what would toddlers look like in TS4??
    Its really hard to imagine since the game has always been plastered with young adults and most of the children I made when I played the game always seemed fairly similar...
    Unlike in TS2 when children's looks were more varied.

They might be objects attached to a play pen, or simply 'babies with hair'

:disappointed:

Ugh, its sad that we get soo disappointed that all we see for the future is...you guessed it, disappointment.

I just like to say to all those "awesome", awesome button clicking people out there who...*crying* sorry I'm getting a bit emotional...who gave me my very first awesome points. Thankyou all!

:lol: lol, You see, the reason everyone on here has at least 1 awesome is very simple,
    WE BOSS B)

(God, I can't take anything seriously right now..)

That was weird...

As I was saying...
    I think because we are so pushed towards single-sim gameplay, its just made it soo impossible for me to have any sort of idea for what generational gameplay would look like.
    That's not how it should be. :unamused:

I agree, the game was not built for family play so even if they throw in toddlers and other life stages, they were never the intention in the first place so you wont really get much out of toddlers anyway

And that is the reason I'd installed TS2 so I can have a choice in playing family with a baby you can walk around with,toddlers that mom and dad can play with. To create my own story and not force into playing a style I'm uncomfortable with. And this is not nostalgia speaking, its fact.

The same here! It just feels like a great big gaping hole right in the middle of my Sims 4 game with interactions as well as stuff just being sucked right out of the game and into that pit - so much just doesn't make Sims 4 the enjoyable, fun, and even exciting game it always has been. I know it is Sims 4 because I get frustrated, quit the game and go play Sims 2, or even Sims 3 (in one of Rflongs worlds mostly) and within mere minutes I am joyously playing and fully immersed in the game. I know it is not load screens - seeing Sims 2 has plenty - and it does not matter if I choose Sims 2 or Sims 3 - I get utter joy and relaxation. In Sims 4 I am constantly tense because I can't do anything remotely like I play the game. To me it is like playing one of those non-Sims internet little people games - like something different and rather boring.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @all: Love the pictures.

@Writin_Reg: I agree. I can get lost in both the Sims2 and Sims3 playing.

For some toys that toddlers could do-the stacking rings, the poppin toy, the telephone. Also I remember the car.

Also, they could play with your glasses, earrings, fingerpaint, clay, swing, sing.
    :) Smile!

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2015
    :'( Toddlers mentioned here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/852754/glitz-and-glam-update#latest Why Maxis why? Why do you offer toddlers and babysitters and cool babies for that game but not Sims 4? I want a play center for toddlers too. *Grumbles and makes one in TS2.*
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Just checking in to see if you guys are having a blast with your sims games and checking out the pics.... which are great hy the way.....

But slightly distacted by new button, now do i like or awesome, or both..... im confused :confused:
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    edited September 2015
    What, they have a Sims Freeplay sektion here? That's weird... or maybe not, had to google. FireMonkey Studios is a mobile app development division of EA. While not a part of Maxis, they develop mobile games for The Sims and SimCity franchises.

An update in june "Great outdoors" - full of mosquitoes and angry bears" and now "Glitz and Glam". Sounds familiar...

So when TS4 never gets toddlers they are hoping we will settle with Sims Freeplay big-headache-smiley-emoticon.gif
    @clover24 I'm also confused. But this whole thread deserves Awesome :)

Great pics everyone!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    :'( Toddlers mentioned here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/852754/glitz-and-glam-update#latest Why Maxis why? Why do you offer toddlers and babysitters and cool babies for that game but not Sims 4? I want a play center for toddlers too. *Grumbles and makes one in TS2.*

Is it me or is Freeplay actually getting better treatment than TS4 is?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    MrHawk wrote: »
    I think the forum needs "ohnoyoudi'nt" and "boss" buttons.

Omg, If I had a boss button, I would cry tears of joy :)
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
    Scobre wrote: »

Is it me or is Freeplay actually getting better treatment than TS4 is?

Seems like it.
    Its a different kind of game tho.
    Its based on levels
    and its categorized I think in "casual gaming" because its kinda like "The Simpsons tapped out".
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
    But if anything TS4 should have better treatment than Freeplay.
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^

Its funny as some people say that TS4 looks like a mobile game or an app game while Freeplay actually has what players want for TS4. The whole thing is confusing
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Its funny as some people say that TS4 looks like a mobile game or an app game while Freeplay actually has what players want for TS4. The whole thing is confusing

I know...very weird. :p
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
    Well, while we are on the subject of family play, this is how it should be done in The Sims :smiley:

screenshot_original.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited September 2015
    Happy birthday TS4. Yay. Woohoo. Fun.

bad-birthday-feature.gif

Wow!
    EA made a muffin this year! *looks at packet*
    Oh its shop-bought...
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member

Great pics everyone!

Tempted to go back to the beginning and become an Awesome troll :naughty:
    clover24 wrote: »

Great pics everyone!

Tempted to go back to the beginning and become an Awesome troll :naughty:

Hehe, agree :)

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top