Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The (Hopefully) 100 Sim Adoption Challenge!! - updated 24th May

Comments

• SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited August 2015
    @MayaRose1138 I loved little Evelyn's hair as a child -- it was so cute! And her teenage shirt is adorable, I love it! I can't wait for more!
    EDIT: OH AND LITTLE JUSTICE! He's so adorable I love him! I'd love to have him in my own game!
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    @MayaRose1138 I loved little Evelyn's hair as a child -- it was so cute! And her teenage shirt is adorable, I love it! I can't wait for more!
    EDIT: OH AND LITTLE JUSTICE! He's so adorable I love him! I'd love to have him in my own game!

Thank you! I don't know whether the pattern on Evelyn is an EA one or not. The hair from childhood was from Island Paradiso, I think, and is one of my favourite hairstyles.

I was issued a code for joining the Sim File Share site and will hopefully over the weekend will start getting some sims and the house put up for download. I think Justice might have one or two items of cc, I'm not sure. Would you like him as a toddler or as an adult?

Thank you! I don't know whether the pattern on Evelyn is an EA one or not. The hair from childhood was from Island Paradiso, I think, and is one of my favourite hairstyles.

I was issued a code for joining the Sim File Share site and will hopefully over the weekend will start getting some sims and the house put up for download. I think Justice might have one or two items of cc, I'm not sure. Would you like him as a toddler or as an adult?

Probably both, if he stays this cute. :3
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)

I'll upload him as a toddler then as I haven't looked ahead :) I forgot to transfer the file to my other computer though, so I'll have to upload him later tonight.
    All, I've uploaded the Orphanage (as a .sim3pack file), and Letizia and Liam (as .sim files). The Orphanage doesn't have much in the way of cc - just the cribs, I think, and maybe a couple of wall patterns. I don't think Letizia and Liam have cc (although Liam's hair might be) but let me know if they do and they do bad things to your game! It's been a while since I created them and I haven't looked through them in CAS again.

The links are on the first page!!

I'll upload him as a toddler then as I haven't looked ahead :) I forgot to transfer the file to my other computer though, so I'll have to upload him later tonight.
    Awesomeness. Also, where did his hair come from?

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:24096&scategoryId=11961 - it's the Toddler Mohawk.

Sorry, I haven't got the download yet. I haven't been on that computer tonight, and I completely forgot last night, but I'll try to get it up tomorrow!
    edited August 2015
    Entry 7: (Children #10&11)

I’m back!! Time really flies around here, especially when there are so many children to be looked after.

Hope is turning into a real little diva. Every time I turn my back, she pretends that she’s royalty!
    Screenshot-443_zpsbyxnrdnt.jpg

Faith and Riana were the first children to test out the toy ovens. Riana’s muffin turned out okay but Faith’s… Let’s hope that Faith doesn’t want to be a cook!
    Screenshot-444_zpsehintgad.jpg

Josiah, Jude and Arthur have got the occasional teasing at school about their weight so they’ve decided to get active. I wonder how long that will last…
    Screenshot-445_zpsu8xtlyvj.jpg

Evelyn is very busy now that she’s a teen. Apart from fishing, she is learning about riding, and she also works part-time at the hospital being a Candy Striper.
    Screenshot-446_zpsdfgykfjw.jpg

Screenshot-447_zpsmmsmhkhd.jpg

We also had to get a fish tank for the fish that she’s caught.
    Screenshot-448_zpsezhw30sz.jpg

Minzi is currently trying to work out what to do when she grows up. Currently, it’s either an astronaut or the science career. Personally, I think she’ll be better suited to athletics but that’s just me :)

Evelyn has made a good friend at school, Star Shue. Star is an orphan too but was taken in by a relative as a child.
    Screenshot-449_zpsgpvlm0ha.jpg

Although their friendship seems to have developed a bit further! Evelyn has a bit of a crush on Star and asked her to the Prom. Star accepted and was excited about it!!
    Screenshot-452_zpslki5d1ck.jpg

Liam is doing very well with his sculpting, achieving a service award.
    Screenshot-450_zps63m1pk9u.jpg

Screenshot-451_zpsn3nxpni0.jpg

Some more new arrivals, which prompted me to do some research. Ocean and Marina Blossom are both mersims, who will soon be aging up into children. Ocean is a very energetic toddler who is always moving, while Marina is more clumsy but she makes up for it when she plays the xylophone.
    Screenshot-453_zpspwirkdp5.jpg

Screenshot-454_zpscga0qwon.jpg

Interestingly, their scales match their hair colours! Apparently, the colours will change as they get older. They are also descended from a plantsim, inheriting the green skin but not other traits such as natural gardening skills. Just as well we have the swimming pool because when they grow their tails, as teenagers, they’re going to be swimming all the time!
    Screenshot-456_zpsybrs84w0.jpg

Screenshot-455_zps29ih9pc9.jpg

Minzi and Tessa had a dance recital. They both performed well and most of the household went to watch them.

And before I was ready for it, my little baby aged into a child! Justice's sense of humour has really improved, and keeps us all in stitches of laughter :)
    Screenshot-457_zpsz5cuo0hp.jpg

(London mastered painting this update. I have nothing else to add except if you're reading this and enjoying it, please comment!! It's nice to know what people like or don't like, and if there's anything you would like to use in your game :))
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
    Can you upload the house you use to thesims3 so that I can download it! Its awesome I would LOVE to start a legacy in that house

Uploaded!! See the first post for the link! I don't think there's any other cc items except for the cribs in the house, and I've posted a link to those cribs in case you don't already have them.

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:24096&scategoryId=11961 - it's the Toddler Mohawk.

Sorry, I haven't got the download yet. I haven't been on that computer tonight, and I completely forgot last night, but I'll try to get it up tomorrow!

Awesome, thanks! Too bad I can't get it -- not enough points. :P But I can't wait to see him! ^-^
    edited August 2015
    Whoops, accidentally posted a second time while trying to edit my last post!
    Never EVER put a sim into your town, age them down in CAS after accidentally allowing them to get a job, and then add to your household. It doesn't end well...
    Entry 8: (Children 13->16)

Well, just when I was getting used to mersims, I was sent a fairy child! Skye O’Reilly is a little cutie, and she has beautiful wings, though her brown eyes don’t seem to go with the rest of her blue colouring. Still, she’s an adventurous little toddler, and she loves the water. Maybe she’ll like swimming or sailing when she grows up.
    Screenshot-459_zpss7sqmw95.jpg

Screenshot-462_zpsfeju5kqh.jpg

Not too long after getting Skye, we were sent Luke Summers. He’s a smart little boy though he tends to play by himself a lot. I think having so many other children around scares him a bit. His hair is such a beautiful colour, and his eyes are so blue!
    Screenshot-460_zps0ot3qrye.jpg

Screenshot-461_zpsystscuni.jpg

Playtime with the young ones!
    Screenshot-463_zpsnrqkclot.jpg

Things chugged along as normal here until it was time for Ocean and Marina’s birthdays. Ocean seems to be a bit over-emotional but he and his sister were a bit older than the other toddlers who have arrived here, so he was more aware of losing his parents.
    Screenshot-471_zpssjj6lxtn.jpg

Marina, now that she can decide on food for herself, has decided that she’s going to be a vegetarian. That’s going to be difficult in this house!!
    Screenshot-472_zpsuikrjw25.jpg

They still enjoy the blocks!
    Screenshot-473_zpsagg6kedl.jpg

And although I can’t believe it, Tessa and Minzi aged into teenagers :) Minzi started getting into sports and being fit, and got a part-time job working with the PeeWee League team.
    Screenshot-467_zps5cllbjow.jpg

Tessa has become very ambitious, deciding that she wants to be a superstar actress! To that end, she has got a part-time job at the theatre, apparently so that she can study the acting in the movies. Hmm… I don’t know that it works that way… :)
    Screenshot-465_zpsq8m7ymzc.jpg

Prom was a pretty interesting night. Evelyn had a wonderful time with Star; they were inseparable apparently (according to Tessa and Minzi, who are still young enough to think that that kind of thing is weird :) ). Evelyn was named Prom Queen, and she was going steady with Star by the end of the night. Aww, young love :)
    Screenshot-468_zpsfhbq8g9k.jpg

Minzi and Tessa didn’t have such a good night. Tessa got into a fight with another girl, and the boy she has a crush on wouldn’t dance with her, while Minzi broke the backdrop and fell over in front of her classmates. Oh well; it was their first dance so of course things didn’t go to plan.
    Screenshot-469_zpshbqbx4x0.jpg

Screenshot-470_zps0r2splkh.jpg

….

Breakfast can be a busy time with so many children! I can’t imagine what it’s going to be like when we have twenty children here!
    Screenshot-482_zpsfssewtub.jpg

More toddlers - gee, our house is getting close to capacity! Meet twins Apollo and Artemis Shore. Apollo loves the warm weather and being outside but he does have some quirky habits already. Artemis is the opposite, preferring cold weather, and she is just the friendliest little thing :)
    Screenshot-475_zpsqkzngqpf.jpg

Screenshot-474_zps2llb0yns.jpg

Screenshot-476_zpsrir1eeof.jpg

Screenshot-477_zpsidqwcwdf.jpg

Screenshot-478_zpsrsvoj7gm.jpg

Here is Minzi on the treadmill. Oh well… she’ll get better…
    Screenshot-479_zpsx6cmonfr.jpg

Meanwhile, Tessa informs me that she has to learn the guitar for her job so we got her one. I’m not sure how that will help with acting but I’ll go with it :)
    Screenshot-481_zpsbkqkscos.jpg

And our four oldest boys finished scouts recently and had their badging ceremonies. Liam went with some of the other children while I stayed home with the little ones, but I’m still so very proud of them! Then we swapped over when Riana and Rosie had their ballet recital :)
    Screenshot-480_zpsd0mtjh2w.jpg

(Would you believe that Skye’s mother is blue with pink hair and her father is pink with blue hair? I cant remember how I made the father but I made the mother just to see how colourful I could make her. Her cloned son from another save is currently the father in my legacy game.

Luke is the son of the sim in my icon, Ivory Fae Summers. Ivory is a gorgeous fairy and ninth child in my Alphabet Challenge that I really need to get back to…

Apollo is the clone of @princess2109’s Atlas Shore, and I cloned him and changed genders and colours for Artemis.

Ocean and Marina glitched up and didn’t want to go to school. So I had to move the family out and back in AGAIN!

Skills mastered: Jude & Arthur- writing

I'll try to get one or two chapters out each week since I'm pretty far ahead in my game at the moment. I hope you're all enjoying this!!
    )
    I LOVE LUKE'S HAIR COLORS!!! And omg, the new additions are so adorable. :)
    I LOVE LUKE'S HAIR COLORS!!! And omg, the new additions are so adorable. :)

Thank you :). I love Luke's hair colours and I keep reusing them in my various games :). And - spoiler alert - Luke grows up just as gorgeous! I might use him in another game down the track somewhere...
    Entry #9:

I think I’ll call this the birthday update! It seems to be that someone is having a birthday every day at the moment!!

Paris is the first person to find the costume chest! Why am I not surprised that he wants to be a prince??
    Screenshot-485_zps3c59ed2r.jpg

More birthdays! Jude and Arthur became teens. Jude’s weight has caused him to become more self-conscious and socially awkward, whereas Arthur has gone the opposite way and is aiming to charm everyone.
    Screenshot-493_zpst7bpjcjg.jpg

Screenshot-492_zpsolw5xsrm.jpg

Jude has got a job at the supermarket, even though he would much prefer to stay at home and play chess. Arthur will be getting up at 3am every day to work as a paper boy; his ultimate aim is to become a ‘Star News Anchor’.

And Luke and Skye became children. Luke seems to be very determined to do well at everything (such as chess) while Skye is more laidback and has an interesting fashion sense :)
    Screenshot-489_zpsvnwkdzag.jpg

Screenshot-487_zpskppg6voq.jpg

Screenshot-490_zps3jxbavih.jpg

Screenshot-497_zpsefudkupb.jpg

Here is an example of the childrens’ paintings. This one is Marina’s, which I think is excellent.
    Screenshot-486_zpshql7zdim.jpg

Minzi has taken it upon herself to train the boys and get them fit. Arthur is quite happy with it since he knows that good looks can be important in the television industry, whereas I think Jude would just prefer to be watching television :)
    Screenshot-498_zpszguae1ua.jpg

Screenshot-496_zps8arpt1lm.jpg

Justice enjoys keeping the toddlers entertained.
    Screenshot-495_zpsqwiatcps.jpg

More birthdays! Paris and London aged into teens. Paris has decided that he really wants a dog and to become a Rock Star! He got a job at the local theatre with Tessa in the hopes that if there’s any performers there doing a concert, he will get to go backstage and meet them :)
    Screenshot-500_zpsr3vnnmxj.jpg

London has decided on a completely different direction, taking up sculpting. He also seems to be completely uninterested in girls at the moment. He decided not to get a part-time job as he can actually sell the sculptures that he makes.
    Screenshot-501_zpslqycafp0.jpg

Riana also became a teenager. She seems to be the first one to take life really seriously and I often find her just staring out the window, brooding about things.
    Screenshot-502_zpsx8vpkqzi.jpg

And finally, the colourful fairy twins became children! Apollo seems to have the same kind of ‘star presence’ that Tessa has but has decided to become involved in inventing. And he loves dressing up as a pirate!!
    Screenshot-503_zps2ah4xlll.jpg

Artemis, meanwhile, has obviously been watching the others paint because that’s what she has decided will be her hobby.
    Screenshot-504_zpsikqkdwcp.jpg

There's not too many more birthdays coming up so I'll have more on the happenings in the next entry :)

(I actually rolled Jude and Arthur’s traits and came up with those polar opposite ones. Jude is now socially awkward and Arthur is charismatic! Couldn’t have planned that better if I’d tried! And Luke is ambitious while Skye is easily impressed. Paris is a dog person while London is unflirty. Riana is brooding. Apollo is now eccentric and has star quality - an interesting mix - and Artemis is artistic.

Here is a picture of Arthur discussing the training with Liam:
    Screenshot-494_zpsmuxq4cie.jpg

Skills mastered: Rosie & Hope - painting, Arthur & Riana - writing; Ocean - logic; Evelyn - riding
    )
    I so love Luke! He's adorable!!!!!!!
    edited September 2015

I know :) You should see him as a teen!! I've decided to upload all the born in-game and homeless sims up for download when they reach YA, so Luke will go up there in a while, unless you want me to upload him earlier :)
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on

I know :) You should see him as a teen!! I've decided to upload all the born in-game and homeless sims up for download when they reach YA, so Luke will go up there in a while, unless you want me to upload him earlier :)

I'd love him as soon as you can do it. :)

I'd love him as soon as you can do it. :)

That should be on the weekend. I don't have time tonight to go on and get him, nor tomorrow night, but I should have some free time over the weekend. I'll either upload him as a teen or if I get enough time to play through, as a YA.
    edited September 2015
    Entry #10:

I’ve been getting some temporary children at the orphanage. Firstly, twins Marlin and Rayne Gallardo. Rayne’s white hair against dark skin is very striking.
    Screenshot-506_zpsqufztkya.jpg

Screenshot-507_zps8auyewrc.jpg

Then twins Katrina and Melinda Song, closely followed by Steve and Rochelle Keegan. All of these children were just temporary placements as they all had extended family.
    Screenshot-508_zpsfo4mhvl9.jpg

Screenshot-533_zpsyziq9ddv.jpg

Screenshot-534_zpss8yrmju1.jpg

Screenshot-535_zpsy1jnxzpo.jpg

Screenshot-536_zpsbytfx1xr.jpg

Because of his wish to be a rock star, Paris had started learning the electric guitar. We may or may not have neglected to buy an amplifier :)
    Screenshot-505_zpsrwakesfp.jpg

While his twin is very happy sculpting statues and other items out of anything he can get his hands on. This particular statue is made out of wood.
    Screenshot-523_zpsqmfoptwa.jpg

Our two musicians occasionally try to busk outside our house... but they never earn any money :)
    Screenshot-543_zpsaxbghqeb.jpg

More birthdays!! This time, it’s Rosie and Josiah. Rosie got a drumkit for her birthday as well and her aim is to master at least four different instruments by the time she’s eighteen. We're going to go deaf!
    Screenshot-514_zps2kbk3igz.jpg

Screenshot-517_zpsklgwvru4.jpg

Josiah got a job at the local day spa, and is really looking forward to winter this year, although I don’t know why!
    Screenshot-515_zps4khvxluz.jpg

Screenshot-516_zpsokvmuylw.jpg

On the romantic front, Evelyn is spending a lot of time with Star. Their romance seems to be going the distance so far, which is lovely, and one day I even caught Star serenading Evelyn with the violin (which strangely disappeared from the music room after that…)
    Screenshot-518_zpsphr9lobs.jpg

Screenshot-519_zps5dqwkmqm.jpg

And Minzi apparently is interested in Carlotta Shue, Star’s foster sister. But apparently Carlotta is not as open as Minzi is about where her interests lie, so that romance won’t be happening any time soon.
    Screenshot-511_zpsw94u8sg6.jpg

Oh, and Tessa is interested in Davy Cho (no relation to Minzi). It seems to be mutual but they have decided to take things slow.
    Screenshot-537_zpsnmu5peid.jpg

Riana has decided that she wants to go into Law Enforcement and be an international spy (I’ll have to speak to Liam about showing James Bond movies!). So she has got a job at the police station so that she can start learning the ropes.

Marina is certainly showing signs of great promise with her paintings. This is a gorgeous landscape that I think I’ll hang up somewhere.
    Screenshot-522_zpsevufh0vb.jpg

Liam loves spending time with the kids; I think that he’s just a big kid at heart sometimes!
    Screenshot-520_zpswpbwymaj.jpg

And in no time at all, it was time for Evelyn to graduate! She has become somewhat of a workaholic recently, which might not be a bad thing since she wants to become a doctor!
    Screenshot-532b_zpsoxoewfpu.jpg

We all attended the graduation, where Evelyn was announced as Valedictorian! I’m so proud of her!! Her peers voted her ‘Most Likely to Hack a Military Facility’; I certainly hope she doesn’t!!
    Screenshot-538_zpsgkuljk6x.jpg

Screenshot-542_zpsrjbcmvrk.jpg

She then gave Star a promise ring and they moved out into a lovely large house.
    Screenshot-544_zps1vgrzf73.jpg

Screenshot-545_zpsg440xlef.jpg

I’ll finish off this update with Hope and Faith’s ballet recital. I took all the children along to it, much to the boys’ protests :)
    Screenshot-546_zpsd4z0cqt8.jpg

(Evelyn is now up for download on page one or here. She has no cc clothing but her hair is. The house she moved into is one of my designs but it hasn't been tested so I haven't saved it ready for uploading yet. If anyone wants it, let me know and I'll test/upload it. And seriously, that violin that Star was playing did disappear from the household so I can only imagine that she took it with her!!

New traits: Rosie - star quality, Josiah - loves the cold.

Skills mastered: Ocean - potions, Marina - painting (I have never seen that painting she did before in my games); Letizia - cooking

How’s this for an achievement - all twenty-one household members at the graduation at the same time!!
    Evelyn running off, then Minzi, Josiah, Paris, Rosie, Hope, Tessa, Minzi.
    Screenshot-539_zpsjscnpd37.jpg

Jude, London, Luke, Artemis, Apollo, Arthur, Ocean, Justice
    Screenshot-540_zps0unrrvb1.jpg

Letizia, Faith, Marina, Skye, Liam at the back
    Screenshot-541_zps8eag8bzw.jpg

I wonder whether I’ll be able to achieve that ever again!

Oh, and here's an interesting glitch: Spot the toddler :)
    Screenshot-521_zpsifdtsokx.jpg
    )

Such a large household... XD
    Oh dear..... XD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top