Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims-a Visual History!

Comments

• Peachlover360Peachlover360 Posts: 179 Member
    WOW! o:)
    Sign up your sim for big brother.Go sign up right here.It's now or never.When sign up is all done get the latest news on your sims.
    [url="http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14041057/#]forums.thesims.com/en_US/disscussion/852096/big-brother-sign-up[/url]
  • NewbieSimmer<3NewbieSimmer<3 Posts: 70 Member
    edited August 2015
    This is such a beautiful thread :o <3 I'm so glad I found this! My game experience with Sims before Sims 4 came out was comprised of Sims 2 Pets for PlayStation, Sims 3 for PC (which for both I only played a total of maybe 3 hours!) Oh and also Sims 3 for Wii - which was REALLY buggy btw, but still enjoyable. :P I just found this thread today, and I've enjoyed it so much that I'm already done! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!! Thank you everyone for sharing <3
    This is such a beautiful thread :o <3 I'm so glad I found this! My game experience with Sims before Sims 4 came out was comprised of Sims 2 Pets for PlayStation, Sims 3 for PC (which for both I only played a total of maybe 3 hours!) Oh and also Sims 3 for Wii - which was REALLY buggy btw, but still enjoyable. :P I just found this thread today, and I've enjoyed it so much that I'm already done! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!! Thank you everyone for sharing <3
    I'm so glad I found this! My game experience with Sims before Sims 4 came out was comprised of Sims 2 Pets for PlayStation, Sims 3 for PC (which for both I only played a total of maybe 3 hours!) Oh and also Sims 3 for Wii - which was REALLY buggy btw, but still enjoyable. :P I just found this thread today, and I've enjoyed it so much that I'm already done! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!! Thank you everyone for sharing
  • NadiabeeeeNadiabeeee Posts: 91 Member
    What a beautiful thread, thanks for sharing all :) makes me appreciate the experience all the more x
  • LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    <3 The memories... Thanks for this!!
  • lexylongcatlexylongcat Posts: 72 Member
    Aaaah I'm getting chills with this thread! Great photos, guys!
  • Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    Great Thread!
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    Test since my account wasn't working properly
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    WOW! The original Sims had a huge amount of stuff in it. I really don't remember most of it, I didn't play it for very long, so watching the video posted here was awesome.

I have kept a few of my really old Sims 2 shots which I can share:

A%20Bit%20Peckish.jpg?dl=0

Having%20His%20Cake.jpg?dl=0

This one was for the seven toddler challenge. And what a challenge that was!
    Here%20They%20Come.jpg?dl=0

• ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    I love this thread! It is sad to see the difference in detail between Sims 3 and Sims 4 - the game does run more smoothly, but I miss the open world feature.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • EpochismEpochism Posts: 411 Member
    I think sims 4 looks the best. Not nessasarily the best gameplay, buy definitely the most pretty.
  • Romeo9Romeo9 Posts: 38 Member
    Very nice thread to go through, well done. You gotta smile when you look at Sims 1 and then Sims 2 and how even in something like a still imagine you can see it's basically a very well done upgrade of the image before it. Pretty much every single time and then you look at Sims 3 and just how it wears off in the opposite direction, with Sims 4 kinda trying its best to bring it back. Very funny :smiley:
  • MarcustzbMarcustzb Posts: 140 Member
    Bedroom
    [img][/img]bedroom_zpsnjoavfxb.jpg

Pool
    [img][/img]pool_zpsnskzhpfo.jpg

I can't believe the pools was a fixture features... That's why they brought it back. :)
    Find me via Origin, Search by my name from my profile :)
  • slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    Holy crap. Whoever posted the trailers video, I love you. I just watched it, and it just made me so happy I could die. All of it was just so endearing to me. And, the first Generations trailer got me feeling quite emotional watching those two sims go from teenhood to elderhood... I need a life. :s
  • HonestlyBenjaminHonestlyBenjamin Posts: 381 Member
    nice work
  • mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    What a nice thread. I'm currently playing all 4 games but I'm terrible about getting pictures anymore and I don't really have a comparison going just yet. I'll work on it. These were great.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I really enjoyed the thread! And I sympathize with the poster who talked about the sims they had lost. Totally can relate to that.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Shame so many pictures don't work :( I enjoyed the working ones and the YT video with all ads! Awesome! I got a bit sad though when I saw the neighbourhood overviews. Sims 1, 2 and 3 made me so happy and then came 4... it should have been a regular overview, now it looks like TS3 on PS3...
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • pastelgxmer204pastelgxmer204 Posts: 13 New Member
    would love to have read but the images don't show up :neutral:
  • Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    I lost all my Sims 1 pictures when my notebook died, and then I lost all my downloads and saved games when the backup CD got damaged beyond recovery and so I cannot recreate my game. I lost my Sims 2 game when I killed the hard drive on my Vista notebook, and then the motherboard went on my new notebook after 11 months and I lost all my Sims 3 pictures..... This is getting annoying. I have some great pictures but I've got spoilt by the ease of uploading to FB and can't be bothered to upload to my ancient Imageshack account in order to link them to here.
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    edited September 2017
    Here's a visual you've never seen before - The Sims 1 in three whole dimensions.
    KGylNKH.png
    ClHKA1F.png
    7QYejpy.png

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • jmattgamingjmattgaming Posts: 18 Member
    it's so weird seeing the original sims in 3d like that ^
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    edited December 2021
    Awesome
    Post edited by zero35 on