Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    edited August 2015
    crockatail wrote: »
    I'm sorry I even made a comment about Rachel Franklin should step down ,I'm starting to feel I should've keep silent about everything I said!

Why? What happened?

> I started a discussion about feminism which wasn't my idea,there was a statement that was made on a now closed thread that did sounded like one of the guy simmers was making a remark that was taken as sexist,His said She should never had been put in chance of the Sims 4,his reason she a woman,My was eventhou she a woman she need to be replace by a simguru who knows the Sims.
  • SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    What the hell is zagadoo? Maybe my baby girl knows...

Anyway, I have sent Paradox, Rockstar and Bethesda Softwares links to this thread and one of them(which I cannot say) wants feedback on what many want in a perfect life simulation game if they were to make one. Please leave all your suggestions in this thread. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

*back to real life*

So.. I'm not sure if everyone saw this message from @barbarsluv86 but it never hurts to leave your feedback again :) I know many of you have posted manyany great feedback. But if another company is eyeing this thread to get a feel of what we want. I'm sure they don't have time to go through all 900 pages haha. So it never hurts to try you guys <3
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    I'm sorry I even made a comment about Rachel Franklin should step down ,I'm starting to feel I should've keep silent about everything I said!

Why? What happened?

> I started a discussion about feminism which wasn't my idea,there was a statement that was made on a now closed thread that did sounded like one of the guy simmers was making a remark that was taken as sexist,His said She should never had been put in chance of the Sims 4,his reason she a woman,My was eventhou she a woman she need to be replace by a simguru who knows the Sims.

You shouldn't be sorry.
    Have u seen whats shes done 2 he sims franchise?
    She is the ARTISTIC DIRECTOR.
    And most of us seem 2 have better ideas of what the game should be like.
    So you know what? Maybe she should step down, and let another simguru take over.
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @crockatail don't worry :) you weren't the first to feel that way, and won't be the last either.

@JessicaSimston it was you who suggested the yoga mod wasn't it? I finally got to test it in game yesterday and it's epic :)
  • FaridahFaridah Posts: 171 Member
    Some good news for me ! I can download now TS2UC ! a122.gif

I don't know, if my old games saves going to work, but I decided anyway to start totally new. I'm going to create my main couple from TS4 and let them leave Willow Creek :wink: So that they now can have a family.

I'm so happy ! Like a child on christmas day.....a130.gif So I guess in a few days, I will have some nice toddlers to show.
    opxgs7vn.jpg
    Faridah wrote: »

I don't know, if my old games saves going to work, but I decided anyway to start totally new. I'm going to create my main couple from TS4 and let them leave Willow Creek :wink: So that they now can have a family.

I'm so happy ! Like a child on christmas day.....a130.gif So I guess in a few days, I will have some nice toddlers to show.

YASSS GURL!
    You deserve 2 rock that game, like most of us do, we r all boss B) .
    U WILL LOVE IT!!! <3
    I know I do :) .
    I was commenting on my thread, realising the many more things that should have been added, these are the things that should be in base game from previous games:

- Swimming in natural areas
    - terrain tools
    - toddlers
    - restaurants
    - grocery stores
    - cars
    - bikes
    - beaches (I know they're adding them in but it should've been base game)
    - proper memories system
    - NOT generational destroying culling
    - Proper skies (TS3 had amazing skies)
    - Bigger worlds (they're so tiny, its terrible)
    - Better relationship editing details (girlfriend, fiancé, ect)

Its terrible how big the list is and that's probably not all. :'(
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Lots of lovely ideas for family play going around <3

I plan on playing Sims 2 myself and was wondering if I deleted most of the townies keeping two households while filling it up with my own Sims, when I play one household at a time when I go out to the store, or some other places with my Sim would I come across my other Sims or randomly generated ones?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2015
    Ok, getting this out of the way. First, I don't care who someone's gender is, as long as they deal in fair business and actually try to get to know all of their customers. Second, I wouldn't wish anyone to get fired. The economy stinks and it's hard for anyone to find a job. Third, Maxis better bring toddlers this year, otherwise I will lose patience and won't even consider the Sims 4 a successor or sequel or Sims game and will wait until the Sims 5 to hopefully get a game with all fleshed out life stages again. I was already disappointed how babies were treated in the Sims 3, I don't like what was done to them and toddlers and teens and elders with this iteration. The entire family play is important to me from cradle to grave, yet no matter how many times I say it or explain it, Maxis seems to never comprehend it. So whatever happens to the Sims 4 or to the Sims' future will be on them just like SimCity 2013.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member

That's awesome! I'm excited for ya :) I just reinstalled my TS2UC and am just deciding whether to use cc with it or not. I used to go a little overboard with TS2 cc lol.

@bekkasan great news about hubby and you getting some much-needed rest. Hugs and best wishes to you both.

As for family play, I do not see us getting it in this iteration. But for any other gaming companies who want to jump in on the simulation section, well... there are just too many ideas to list down. I'd be here forever, taking up an awful lot of pages lol. But the most important things, to me:

interactions between all age groups in a family, as many and varied as possible
    lots of different personalities, and reactions according to those personalities
    equal treatment of all age groups, ie. plenty of clothing, objects and animations for all ages rather than just concentrating on adults
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    @crockatail don't worry :) you weren't the first to feel that way, and won't be the last either.

@JessicaSimston it was you who suggested the yoga mod wasn't it? I finally got to test it in game yesterday and it's epic :)

Glad you're enjoying it :)
    That's awesome! I'm excited for ya :) I just reinstalled my TS2UC and am just deciding whether to use cc with it or not. I used to go a little overboard with TS2 cc lol.

I know what you mean. Same here...I'm a "CC-victim", I just can't resist them :wink: But anyway, I want to change some things in my neighborhood, so I'll be careful.
    opxgs7vn.jpg

I know what you mean. Same here...I'm a "CC-victim", I just can't resist them :wink: But anyway, I want to change some things in my neighborhood, so I'll be careful.

Its weird because I don't really like CC in TS2.
    It just...doesn't suit my play style.
    Sure I have 1 outfit...maybe 2...
    But I'm trying...TRYING SOO HARD, to stay vanilla as possible. <3
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^

Nouk's hairs are really nice and they even look really cute on toddlers: http://modthesims.info/member.php?u=23182
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited August 2015

I can't, simply I can't :smiley: When I think at Nouks adorable hairstyles.....specially hairstyles anyway.... s035.gif

@Scobre You post exactly, when I thougt of Nouk ! lol
    opxgs7vn.jpg
    Scobre wrote: »

Nouk's hairs are really nice and they even look really cute on toddlers: http://modthesims.info/member.php?u=23182

God no thanks a lot, I'm probably gonna try get that now... :D
    B)
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    So I tried to not overextend with cc and I only downloaded some eyes, skintones, default face replacements and the Gunmod's lightning mod :blush:
    @Scobre OMG I love the skintones that you showed me!
    Here's the very first sim of my town "Nuevo Amanecer" - Spanish for 'New Dawn', I didn't thought It was so difficult thinking of a name for a neighborhood lol- my sim's name is Andrew, I bought him a big lot thinking that some day he will have a big house for his big family!
    Here's andrew :blush:
    snapshot_02ed3af4_c2ed42c7_zpsytfkaawd.jpg
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    Cesal95 wrote: »
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @all: Love the pictures.

@all: I unistalled and reinstalled all my sims3 games from Origin. Right now, I'm downloading sims3 custom content. :)

I'm also looking for cc but for TS2, does anybody knows where can I find skintones? I've found some but I don't understand which one I have to install :confounded: I would prefer replacements for the maxis ones but some of them say "geneticized" or "townified" and my english isn't perfect so I get more confused :(
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @all: Love the pictures.

@all: I unistalled and reinstalled all my sims3 games from Origin. Right now, I'm downloading sims3 custom content. :)

I'm also looking for cc but for TS2, does anybody knows where can I find skintones? I've found some but I don't understand which one I have to install :confounded: I would prefer replacements for the maxis ones but some of them say "geneticized" or "townified" and my english isn't perfect so I get more confused :(

I'm currently using these as my default replacements as they add body hair to the men in colours to match head hair, but look just like defaults otherwise.
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=481205

Changing default skintones can make some of your sims (and townies) get a scary mismatch between their head colour and body colour. If you get that you can fix it by taking them into create-a-sim through cheats, the makeover table or a mirror and then exiting. You won't get that problem with these skins though because they match anyway :)

If you make a sim with a non-default skintone, don't delete the skintone if you are still playing the world with that sim (alive or dead) in it! It could introduce corruption to your world.

Geneticised skin tones means that the skin tone is given a place to fit between the maxis colours. For example a dark sim and a light sim might have a child with a skin tone in the middle. I think. It's confusing even to English speakers :lol:

Thank you so much for your advices!<3
    So I don't have to erase my custom skins like never right? I guess I won't because I really like the ones that I currently have :)
    Those skins are really awesome! thank you :blush: and can I use them with the custom ones that I have? I didn't found if they would conflict with other skins :(
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    You can add many custom skins, that's fine, but only one set of default replacements at a time :)
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member

I plan on playing Sims 2 myself and was wondering if I deleted most of the townies keeping two households while filling it up with my own Sims, when I play one household at a time when I go out to the store, or some other places with my Sim would I come across my other Sims or randomly generated ones?

Be careful which premade sims you delete - if you delete sims with ties to others in the game you can corrupt your save. Information can be found online - not sure what I can link to here. That said, I generally see plenty of my own sims at community lots even without reducing townie numbers.

Incidentally, while checking on the wikias for Sims 2 corruption, I found that the original cap for Sims 2 was 1000 sims per neighborhood, vs Sims 4 180 per game(?). After University, Nightlife raised the cap and for the UC you can have over 32,700, which should be plenty of sims for anyone unless you're running a severely long-term game.
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Thrippa wrote: »

Be careful which premade sims you delete - if you delete sims with ties to others in the game you can corrupt your save. Information can be found online - not sure what I can link to here. That said, I generally see plenty of my own sims at community lots even without reducing townie numbers.

Incidentally, while checking on the wikias for Sims 2 corruption, I found that the original cap for Sims 2 was 1000 sims per neighborhood, vs Sims 4 180 per game(?). After University, Nightlife raised the cap and for the UC you can have over 32,700, which should be plenty of sims for anyone unless you're running a severely long-term game.

180 Sims *sigh* It's such a step backwards.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
    So I tried to not overextend with cc and I only downloaded some eyes, skintones, default face replacements and the Gunmod's lightning mod :blush:
    @Scobre OMG I love the skintones that you showed me!
    Here's the very first sim of my town "Nuevo Amanecer" - Spanish for 'New Dawn', I didn't thought It was so difficult thinking of a name for a neighborhood lol- my sim's name is Andrew, I bought him a big lot thinking that some day he will have a big house for his big family!
    Here's andrew :blush:
    snapshot_02ed3af4_c2ed42c7_zpsytfkaawd.jpg
    Your welcome I'm glad you are enjoying them. Cool, nice job on your Sim. Sometimes it's really hard to find skin that looks good on both males and females especially around the six pack area for guys, so that skin should work well for that.

I just realized one thing I really liked in the Sims 2 that I wish we would have are the life skills: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Life_skills

Some of them were family related like parenting, couple counseling, and anger management all of which can help with couples and families.
  • trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    I think my favorite is couple counseling. If my grandparent sim sees his/her child having marriage trouble, it's a nice skill to have. Ooh, or a wingman watching out for his romance friend.
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Thrippa wrote: »

From what I know about the townies it seems like they're worth keeping anyway. Thanks glad to know I'll see my other Simmys xd. And that is terribly, terribly sad that an older game has a higher limit than a newer game, not surprising though. Even the loading screen look Sims 2 wins. I stuck around long enough to gain more of an interest in Sims 2 than Sims 4 and the best part was it was free. :) and from what I heard very fun toddler interactions :)
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    What the hell is zagadoo? Maybe my baby girl knows...

Anyway, I have sent Paradox, Rockstar and Bethesda Softwares links to this thread and one of them(which I cannot say) wants feedback on what many want in a perfect life simulation game if they were to make one. Please leave all your suggestions in this thread. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

*back to real life*

In my perfect life simulation, it would definitely have a heavy focus on family life.

- Meaningful sibling relationships
    - Games that require interaction between sims, like board games, playground games (hopscotch, tag, four square,etc.), hand clap games
    - Less isolation between sims of different ages. Toddlers could play with child aged sims, follow them around. Teens could both play and care for younger sims, like helping toddlers learn to eat with utensils, and helping child sims with homework or learning new skills, like how to hit a baseball.
    - Extended families that live outside of the home would remain a part of your family's life. There would be family get togethers, cousins who play with each other, and the adults could bring up events from their own childhood, either good or bad.
    - Grandchildren could stay with their grandparents for a night where they could do grandparent-specific interactions, like look through family photo albums to learn about their past, and play with the toys their parents had as children.
    - Family vacations would have a variety of locations, like an amusement park (perhaps vaguely Disney-esque?), a historical site like an old fort or a living history museum/village, large mountainous parks, beaches, ski resorts, and national landmarks
    - Lots of group activities like bike rides, nature walks, family sports (basketball, touch football, soccer), singalongs and family bands
    - Sims should be able to chat and talk in all logical activities, but it should not slow down the time it takes to perform that action
    - Mendelian genetics
    - A wide array of traits, with the possibility of similar family traits to be inherited. For example, if both mom and dad are musically inclined, the likelihood of their offspring also being musically inclined increases. However, the player should also have the option to select personality traits as well
    - Interactions between sims and reactions to events that relate to the traits a sim has. For example, a perfectionist sim not getting the scholarship they had hoped for for college would have a very different reaction than a slacker sim would. Sims with a gloomy disposition would take negative life events like death of a family member or friend, harder than an optimistic sim
    - Sims would be able to gain knowledge of events that take place outside of the lot they're on. For example, a sim could receive a phone call that one of their friends had passed away, gotten engaged, had a baby, etc, even without that sim on the lot your sim is on.
    - Sims of all ages would be able to interact with their pets. Babies and toddlers could pet their pets, children could play with their pets and teach them basic tricks. Teens could teach their pets more advanced tricks.
    - Early in the teen stage, teens could develop crushes on other teens. They could also start to want to spend more time with their friends and value their friends' opinions more than their families' opinions. The likelihood and strength of this could be dependent on the personality of the teen.

And most importantly: Gradual developmental progression within each lifestage! Examples of this could include:

Gross Motor Skills
    - Babies could start off not being able to move, but then they could gradually learn to roll over, sit up unassisted, and learn to crawl. They could have little chairs, like the Bumbo chair that would help them learn to sit up.
    - Toddlers could start to pull themselves up to standing before they learn to walk. Once they learn to walk, they still have a risk of "failure" in the form of falling down. This chance could decrease as they gradually get closer to the child stage. They could also learn to run once they learn to walk.
    - Children could continue their gross motor skills by learning to hop, skip, and kick a ball. These could also be tied into other activities. If a child doesn't know how to hop, the first few times they play hopscotch might not go so well for them. Similarly, if they've never kicked a ball, it might take them a little bit longer to be able to play soccer well.
    - Elders nearing the end of their lifestage could gradually take more time to go up and down stairs. They could also walk at a slower and more deliberate pace.

Fine Motor Skills
    - Toddlers could learn to draw basic pictures. They could draw pictures of their family, their house, etc. once they get past the "scribbling" stage.
    - Young children could learn how to write letters, and eventually learn how to write their name. Depending on how strong their fine motor skill was in the toddler stage will impact how well they can write in the child stage, but they can always get assistance from an older sim in this!
    >Also some clothing for babies if there's seasons just like the other age group will have. Tricycles for older toddlers.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top