Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gift of Creation Game *Join the Fun*

Comments

• mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    @debbycanty and @Cabelle1863 Shocking isn't it? Can't believe it? ;)
    @NagyGina thanks for gifting. Amazing thread. B)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Thought I would try something a little different for my next build, using @tootsoo creation wishlist as inspiration I went looking for some genuine historical examples and have taken these two as my jumping off point:

7_2_Dene_recreated.jpg
    - see http://www.archaeology.co.uk/articles/features/peasant-houses-in-midland-england-how-the-black-death-prompted-a-building-boom.htm

8001565.jpg
    - see http://themiddleagesjpf.weebly.com/pitiable-peasants-lifestyle.html

So far it looks like:
    tumblr_ntpnozBis11sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

I've tried to keep as much 'modernity' out of it as possible so there's no fridge nor cooker but I have included a bath, sink, and toilet so it looks to be playable as a home. Though, unfortunately, it's already a bit too pricey at over §20,000 to be a real "starter" home :(

• SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    Just wanted to say thank you for the lovely gift! @mothersuperior2 has been super-generous to me and I am really grateful. I realize that I am late to the party, but I haven't been on the site for a while. Thank you so much for the great present!
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member
    Just popping in to say hi everyone and great to see this thread alive and well and so many happy gifters and giftees :D
  • mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    edited August 2015
    @Schweighsr glad to see you, and hope you have some fun with the venue. :) Glad to see you too @soocoolsim !!!

@ajaxpost you always come up with interesting stuff! B)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    This SimCareLine Strike is to Wish a Very Happy Birthday to @LadyEmillye!!! :kissing_heart:
    HAPPY-BIRTHDAY-BERNI-3-god-the-creator-11547729-449-370.jpg

8-27-2015

SCL Gifters: Everyone at the GOCG
    Nominee & Birthday Gal: @LadyEmillye
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=LadyEmillye
    Mya's Reasons: It is only once a year that someone celebrates aging up in real life, yet we all get to experience this process at a faster rate with our sims (except those who play with aging turned off or their sims are all immortal >:)), so since the SimPoint Cauldrons cannot overflow, it is a good time to pour some magick out, in hopes that LadyEmillye can create more magick! :D

Gifts:

Aurora Skies - 2,426 SimPoints

Haiya & Happy Birthday! :)

The SimCareLine is aLL about celebrations for the months of August & September, & since we noticed that this is the last SimPoint World that you need, we wanted to make certain that your sims could take to the skies in stlye! <3

Everyone at the GOCG wishes you a very Happy Birthday, & as aLLways, Peace, Good Vibes & Big Pixel Hugs! <3

Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center - 1,539 SimPoints

Haiya Again & Happy Birthday! :)

What a great way to celebrate both the Grand Opening of Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center & your Birthday! :D We hope your toddler sims will learn a lot here, & hope the build items will also help you with your future WIPs! <3

Everyone at the GOCG wishes you a very Happy Birthday, & as aLLways, Peace, Good Vibes & Big Pixel Hugs! <3

Business as Usual Bistro - 1,710 SimPoints

Another Grand Opening to Celebrate your Birthday! Yayyy! *Throws confetti* The SCL wants your Sims to aLL dine in style, therefore shall be the Masters of Ceremonies at the Business as Usual Bistro! <3

Again, Happy Birthday, Peace, Good Vibes & Big Pixel Hugs! <3
    Everyone at the GOCG :)

Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts - 1,710 SimPoints

Put your dancing shoes on & get your birthday self to the Grand Opening of the Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts, because today's celebration is aLL in your honor! <3

& Everyone at the GOCG: http://tinyurl.com/GOCG-p1 hopes your will share more of your awemazingness! <3

Happy Birthday, Peace, Good Vibes & Big Pixel Hugs! <3
    Everyone at the GOCG :)
  • FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    Wow @NagyGina ! :o<3 I didn't know it was @LadyEmillye 's birthday! Those are really awesome gifts and I'm sure she's going to enjoy them!

<3 Happy birthday @LadyEmillye ! <3
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Aww :blush: What a great way to start the morning. Thank you for the gifts and the birthday wishes. I will definitely make use of them on my 3 day weekend this weekend :)
    Happy birthday @LadyEmillye , wishing you all the best today and always :D
  • HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    A Very Happy Birthday @LadyEmillye ! Hope you enjoy your day o:)

@ajaxpost The home looks so lovely! I admire the attention to detail and research work you put into it. I'm curious to see it finished and ingame :)
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    just a service info
    there is a poll in the forum feed back forum, about what button we like
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851846/what-new-positive-button-would-you-like-added/p1

please go vote and tell your friends to go vote
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Sorry I've been absent for so long - I got obsessed with a couple of games I got cheap in the Steam sale so wasn't playing or thinking Sims for a while and didn't feel I had anything new or useful to add, but I have been dipping into the forum most every day, to see all the womderful new creations, and the awesome gifting from Mya, Nathan and the Sim Care Line :)

So, I'm feeling ready to get back to The Sims and thought I'd have a go at another little build ... I'm thinking of creating something 'medieval' for @tootsoo:
    Creation Wishlist
    EPs: Late Night, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generation.
    SPs: none.
    EA Sims 3 Worlds: Barnacle Bay, Riverview.
    EA Sims 3 Store Content: Faire Folk Slumber, Full Bayside Set, Victorian Fashions, Full Regal Living Set, Frontier Finds, Animals Abound Playground - Outdoor Fun, Club Vaindenburger Relaxation (Den + Study).
    Origin Exclusives: none.
    Bundle Exclusives: none.
    Special Requests/Instructions: Let your imagination run wild.
    Creation Wishlist Wants:
    I'm a history nerd, so I will love any creations based on any time period. To be more specific:

1) A medieval inspired starter home.

Now, that wishlist is a month or so old, so I'm wondering if you have any more Store content that could be included? In particular if you have (or will have) Dragon Valley? I don't think TS3 has a lot of properly historical build stuff and what there is is spread across several sets and while Dragon Valley isn't essential it does have a few nice pieces.

Anyway, feels good to be posting again and I hope to start contributing more regularly again :)
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Thought I would try something a little different for my next build, using @tootsoo creation wishlist as inspiration I went looking for some genuine historical examples and have taken these two as my jumping off point:

http://www.archaeology.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/7_2_Dene_recreated.jpg
    - see http://www.archaeology.co.uk/articles/features/peasant-houses-in-midland-england-how-the-black-death-prompted-a-building-boom.htm

http://themiddleagesjpf.weebly.com/uploads/1/9/5/6/19564697/8001565.jpg
    - see http://themiddleagesjpf.weebly.com/pitiable-peasants-lifestyle.html

So far it looks like:
    https://41.media.tumblr.com/543093d1fa78037c15605f0d26bba06f/tumblr_ntpnozBis11sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

I've tried to keep as much 'modernity' out of it as possible so there's no fridge nor cooker but I have included a bath, sink, and toilet so it looks to be playable as a home. Though, unfortunately, it's already a bit too pricey at over §20,000 to be a real "starter" home :(
    @ajaxpost
    Adrian, I am super excited that you are creating a medieval home, for I am (although on the back burner now) attempting to build a medieval world. Both those articles that you shared the links for are very interesting and insightful, thank you! <3 What you have showed us aLL thus far is so awesome! I cannot wait to see more and the final awemazingness that I am certain we aLL shall :love:

As for not being around, due to getting some new Steam Games, I cannot call you a traitor, because I too have a few games that I am addicted to there also, and with the Family Sharing, I have close to 300 to choose from :open_mouth: Some of those sales are just too good to pass up! :mrgreen:
    @NagyGina yeah CAW is like...it's a hulking beast of a program. When it first came out I downloaded it on my old computer and it ran alright but you could tell my poor little PC was cursing my name! Plus, it's got a steep learning curve and since I can barely draw stick figures it was a lot to wrap my head around. I have pictures uploaded (if they're still server-side...they may have been purged) so I should probably start a new thread and yes, anyone who's interested in helping that would be AWESOME! :) A lot of what is left to do is pretty much decorating as I've gotten the brunt of the "heavy lifting" done. If I remember correctly all of the residential lots (empty) have been placed and a lot of the commercial spaces as well. Let me stop talking now until I load up the file again...I may be making things up at this point :) Let me check out what's what and I'll report back!
    @WaterHornet, I too had CAW originally installed on my old desktop, and it worked okay, that is until I tried to go into "live" mode (ooopsi >:)). My newer desktop still lags a little, but not as bad (but that is not working at the moment), and like I told Adrian, I began creating a medieval world in CAW, and am afraid to attempt working on it on this Potato (Lagtop). :open_mouth: I do hope others will assist you. I really think that is where the power of numbers truly work well (but I am beneath an amateur builder myself). CAW can really get those frustrations going through the roofs, or down into the depths of the abyss! >:)

I truly shall be cheering you on, and cannot wait to see some pics of your progress! :D
    debbycanty wrote: »
    I can't thank you all enough Love and happiness always. <3
    @debbycanty, so glad that you like your gift, and we hope that you might share what you create in Midnight Hollow (or anywhere for that matter :D) too! <3
    Oh my, what an incredible surprise to wake up to! I hopped on to get ready to grab the Prism Art Studio on the DD, and found I'd received some absolutely incredible gifts. Thank you so very much! :grin:
    @Cabelle1863, the Prism Art Studio is one of my favorites, because I just had to have those L-shaped stairs! <3 So glad the gifts are to your liking, and we aLL here do hope you will share some of the awemazingness that you shall create in Aurora Skies, or elsewhere! <3
    @debbycanty and @Cabelle1863 Shocking isn't it? Can't believe it? ;)
    @NagyGina thanks for gifting. Amazing thread. B)
    @mothersuperior2, I am really happy to gift, even happier doing so through the SimCareLine, and as for the awemazingness of this thread, it is everyone who is a part of it, yourself included that makes it such an awesome place to visit, & have fun creating and sharing too! So, thank you EVERYONE! <3
    Schweighsr wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thank you for the lovely gift! @mothersuperior2 has been super-generous to me and I am really grateful. I realize that I am late to the party, but I haven't been on the site for a while. Thank you so much for the great present!
    @Schweighsr, you are never late to this party, for it just keeps growing and growing, so come on in and join the fun! We all welcome you! <3
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Just popping in to say hi everyone and great to see this thread alive and well and so many happy gifters and giftees :D
    *Waves Hiya* @soocoolsim! <3 And also, I posted to @Jblover455 's My Page, and am just awaiting a response there. :D
    Aww :blush: What a great way to start the morning. Thank you for the gifts and the birthday wishes. I will definitely make use of them on my 3 day weekend this weekend :)
    @LadyEmillye, I am glad that the gifts will aLL come of good use and cannot wait for you to share more of your creations! <3

Also, for those who do not know, @LadyEmillye is hosting The Power of Three Challenge, and as always, any entries there can also be posted here for the monthly lottos. ;) And @LadyEmillye, would it be okay to add your Challenge thread to the Contest Wishlists? :mrgreen:
    anettesb wrote: »
    just a service info
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851846/what-new-positive-button-would-you-like-added/p1

@anettesb, thank you for pointing this out, I find myself not knowing which to vote for, because I love aLL the options! <3

edited August 2015
    Sorry that I have not been on as much lately, just doing the drive-by gifting, but OE has been super busy and stressful as of late. Just know that I am joining in the fun in spirit, cheering you aLL on, and loving aLL the creations too! :kissing_heart:

But I thought that I would let you know this, since the SCL became an Official part of the GOCG (August 1st), I have had the pleasure of gifting a total of 124,580 SimPoints (which does not include any of the shared lotto prizes). Yayyyyy, and the SimPoint Cauldrons keep needing to be poured out, so keep the sending SCL PMs! ;)

Peace, Good Vibes & Big Pixel Hugs Everyone! <3
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    I didn't know what I wanted the most... I voted agree becouse it balance the disagree
    though insightfull would be very nice
    awsome would also work fine for me.
    honestly I like them all
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    NagyGina wrote: »
    @LadyEmillye, I am glad that the gifts will aLL come of good use and cannot wait for you to share more of your creations! <3

Also, for those who do not know, @LadyEmillye is hosting The Power of Three Challenge, and as always, any entries there can also be posted here for the monthly lottos. ;) And @LadyEmillye, would it be okay to add your Challenge thread to the Contest Wishlists? :mrgreen:

Yes, that's completely fine :)
    NagyGina wrote: »
    @ajaxpost
    Adrian, I am super excited that you are creating a medieval home, for I am (although on the back burner now) attempting to build a medieval world. Both those articles that you shared the links for are very interesting and insightful, thank you! <3 What you have showed us aLL thus far is so awesome! I cannot wait to see more and the final awemazingness that I am certain we aLL shall :love:

As for not being around, due to getting some new Steam Games, I cannot call you a traitor, because I too have a few games that I am addicted to there also, and with the Family Sharing, I have close to 300 to choose from :open_mouth: Some of those sales are just too good to pass up! :mrgreen:
    Thank you Mya, @Heledriel and @mothersuperior2 for your kind words

Well, @NagyGina, apart from being a deal stalker (obviously! :)), I have to admit to being a bit obsessive at times (OK, actually, quite a lot quite often!) so when I get something like a new game it just takes over! Thankfully it doesn't last forever and I do eventually return to my long-time favourites. But, I think you've got me beat on the number! 300? That's quite a collection ... though if we include all the games I've ever owned ... well, I wouldn't want to count! :blush:

Also in awe of anyone with the skill and patience to create a whole world - it always struck me as a massively daunting prospect - especially for someone as lazy as me! So kudos to you, @WaterHornet, and anyone else with the cojones to take on the challenge. :open_mouth:

Anyway, as to my own new build. Think I've got a bit carried away and started on a slightly too big a lot (yeah, anything over 20x20 scares me! Imagine my terror at the thought of building a whole world!!) so this one probably won't be right for the a starter home @tootsoo asked for, but what I will do is create a smaller and simpler version which should come within budget and not need too much Store content. Should have some new pics real soon now :)

The new post response button poll:
    I didn't know what I wanted the most... I voted agree becouse it balance the disagree
    though insightfull would be very nice
    awsome would also work fine for me.
    honestly I like them all
    Yeah, I selected 'Agree' too. My thinking was that 'Awesome' is a sort of super-like which doesn't add anything different so, then, of 'Agree' or 'Inspirational' which would I use most? Both would be great but I think I'm more likely to be enthused to post an actual response to an inspirational or enlightening post but if it's something I agree with I'd either write "Me Too" (ahh, those AOL days! ;)) or add my own version of the same thing (which is rather pointless), but I would like the poster to know that they have said something that is supported by a number of other Simmers.

• Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    @NagyGina, I'm hoping to get some simming time this weekend and I was definitely planning on taking pictures and sharing them. :) It's been a crazy-busy week but I can't wait to check out Aurora Skies, it looks so beautiful from the screen shots.
    just a service info

Thanks for the heads up anettesb.
  • MysticOstrich08MysticOstrich08 Posts: 701 Member
    Sorry I've been away for a while but I'm BACK! :mrgreen:
    tROiX0l.gif

My Threads

My Creation Thread
    edited August 2015
    Yay! Finished another build! It's not exactly what I was planning to create but I'm happy with the result - it looks sort of right style wise and it is actually perfectly playable - though it doesn't have everything a modern Sim might expect! :hushed:

Creation Entry:
    Creator’s Username: @ajaxpost
    Entrant’s Username: @Silvakristiina (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13646749#Comment_13646749 - #10 Medieval or Renaissance lots) ... I had planned to create a starter hovel for @tootsoo but I got a bit carried away! :blush:
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on sims 3 Site: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Pegalot - @Pegalot is a new inductee to the Daily Deal Stalker community so has some catching up to do! :)
    Item Title: Stoneleigh Major
    Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8743406
    Description: A comfortable two bedroom home for the aspirational peasant.
    Details: On a modest 20x20 lot this substantial medieval style property has everything a hard-working peasant family could want, and more! Not only a typical in-house fire-pit but a wood oven as well! There is even indoor plumbing (after a fashion!) To keep the family fed there is a small vegetable garden and a tidy little chicken coop as well (also indoors of course!) With two "en-suite" bedrooms there's plenty of room for your family to grow.

Furnished: $27,008
    Unfurnished: $16,486

Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? Yes - This lot includes a custom wallpaper pattern for the main outer walls: Wall Structured Wood and Stone by HelleN.

Pictures:
    tumblr_ntumt2RNQn1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ntumt2RNQn1sgcmqgo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ntumt2RNQn1sgcmqgo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ntumt2RNQn1sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ntumt2RNQn1sgcmqgo8_1280.jpg

More info and pictures at http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14047912/#Comment_14047912

Thanks again @NagyGina and @WhimsicalWind for hosting this "Inspirational" thread :heart:

Post edited by ajaxpost on
  • FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    @ajaxpost Wow! The house looks awesome. I like that you researched how medieval houses used to be like before building it. It looks true to the medieval time period, and I really like it!!
  • jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    Amazing build @ajaxpost !! I love the authenticity and every little detail that you thought to include! <3
    (and I love how it's for the aspirational peasant family - no lazy peasant Sims need apply! :D )
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!