Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freezer Bunny Holiday Simifest-Event Sign Ups!

aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
21220151682_a8425e500f_o.png
Graphics by @sunnyshay

Freezer Bunny Holiday Simifest

The holidays are a time to celebrate and what better way to do that than with Sim friends and family?!?

Starting in October and rolling into mid-January, we--@aroseinbloom, @sunnyshay, and @CathyTea --want Sims from hard drives around the world to connect and celebrate. How? Through your creative genius, of course!

Have an idea for an amazing event that shows off a family tradition or want to start a new tradition among Sim friends? Then this is for you!

Want to join in on the fun simply by participating in an event? This is for you, too :)

The month of September is the time to plan, create and advertise your events(s). Once posted in the Event Information section below, participants will reach out to the host of the event(s) he/she finds interesting in order to sign up. From there, let the fun begin!

Interested in hosting and event and/or being a participant? We hope so!

Here's the link to the logo:

http://aroseinbloomsims.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/21220151682_a8425e500f_o.png

Below, you will find all of the information you need to be successful and join in the fun. We'll see you soon for the Freezer Bunny Holiday Simifest (FBHS)!
Post edited by aroseinbloom on

Comments

• aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    edited August 2015
    For the Hosts

So...you have this super cool idea (or are concocting one as you read this) for an event that celebrates the holidays in your own special way? Well, you're in the right place.

In order to make this fair for everyone, we'll do the 'Event Proposal' portion in rounds with each potential host offering one event per round. We'll start with two rounds and go from there. If we lack in events, we'll add another round.

Technical Information:

Holidays/Themes:
    • October: Halloween, Early Fall, Change
    • November: American Thanksgiving, Gratitude, Fall
    • December: Christmas, Kwanza, Love, Peace
    • Late December-Mid January: New Years, New Beginnings, Resolutions

Round proposal dates:

-Round one: September 6-12
    -Round two: September 13-19

-Please include a short description that will go under your event name so that participants have an idea of what they're signing up for.

-Only five (5) Sims can register for an event--this is to prevent you from becoming overwhelmed. Please, no rounds or sessions. If you want to do a larger event (and we encourage it), you can make your own thread and we will add a link to it in the 'Other Holiday Simifest Events' section!

-You are in charge of keeping track of the participants who signed up for your event(s).
    • PM me with your list (include EA screen name & name of Sim attending)
    • If it fills up quickly, just send me the whole list, please.
    • If not, send me the partial list and I will update it under your event info.
    • Remember that I am human and I will do this as quickly as possible, but not always immediately

***Please remember to send me a link to your current blog/event/thread and then the link to your event post once you have it! This will help direct readers to your site and will allow us all to share in the fun of reading holiday events! Don't forget to link back to this page, too, so readers of your blog can find their ways to new FBHS goodness!***
    edited August 2015
    For the Participants

Want to send your Sim (Simself or in-game Simmy) to celebrate the Freezer Bunny Holiday Simifest? Yay!

Here's what you need to know:

-Much like with event proposals, to keep this fair, you are only allowed to sign up for two events per round. We may adjust the amount of rounds based on interest level.

Registration for the events opens September 21st.

Participant Registration
    Round one: September 21-26
    Round two: September 28-October 3

**You may send a couple to an event, but that will count as your two sign ups for that round!**

-Please contact the host of the event either through PM or by tagging him/her on this thread during registration to sign up for an event.

-Only five (5) participants per event and sign ups are on a first come, first served basis. This is to help the host and his/her computer. Please, only sign up for an event during the registration rounds and be respectful of others.

Remember, this is FUN! :)
    edited October 2015
    Event Information

October
    Halloween, Early Fall, Change

Events:

Spooky Scares & Creepy Tales hosted by @BBQPenguinWings
    At this event you will stay at a (as Baby P calls it…) Haunting House! Beware, there are ghosts around! Each participant will join Baby P at the haunted house and tell spooky tales by the campfire.

Participants
    Apple Picking hosted by @aroseinbloom
    Join JRose for an afternoon of relaxation and apple picking at the local farm followed by some delicious homemade apple fruit tarts, (apple fruit scones if her baking skill gets high enough!). A light hearted adventure full of pure fall joy is just the way to appreciate the new season!
    Participants will be asked if they are interested in contributing their thoughts/quotes for their Sim(s) based on screenshots.

Participants
    Tricks or Treats? hosted by @kardizzle
    Halloween tends to bring out a feeling of adrenaline, from going to Haunted Houses, to Trick Or Treating you just get a special kind of rush. If your Sim wants that rush then "Tricks or Treats?", is where they should be. We will be traveling to the ever mysterious Granite Falls, to stay in the Haunted Manor, we will be going hiking, to see if we can find the elusive Hermit of Granite Falls. We will also be having a delicious homemade dinner, telling stories around the campfire, and camping out the ol' fashioned way, pitching up a tent or two. So will the Haunted Manor be full of Tricks or Treats for these daring Sims? **Any questions feel free to ask!

Participants
    Vanity High's Murder Mystery Halloween Dinner Party hosted by @VanityHigh
    You've been invited to a Dinner Party at Van High Manor to take part in a Murder Mystery. Liza Killingsburg is dead, you and 5 other guests have been called to the Manor to be questioned by Detective Van High, throughout the night secrets will be revealed and fingers will be pointed. Can you figure out whodunnit before the end of the night? (with drinks and sweet treats afterwards!)
    When? 31st October, starting at 8pm GMT with updates throughout the night.

Participants
    Spooky Moon Treats hosted by @ra3rei
    Last week of October
    raereigames@wordpress.com
    The Blue Peas are going trick or treating in Newcrest. This is a lighthearted event, not scary or dark. There are two ways to participate.

1. Up to five kids can join oneZero and Penelope as the two girls visit Newcrest for their first Halloween.

2. Help populate Newcrest with Spooky houses. House exteriors will mainly be used. Tag houses #spookymoon in the gallery. Due October 24th.

Collaboration. No collaboration is required to submit houses. For kids, if you are available to chat over screenshots the last week of October, that's great. Otherwise, a bio of the child would be helpful to capture their personality.
    I have all the packs, but play a mostly vanilla game. I'll add a little cc for this if you tell me where to get it, but mostly vanilla is preferred.
    Feel free to PM me with questions or ideas, but know I may not be able to respond before Oct. 15th.

Participants
    • @putacece4lyfe
    • @eXokamikaze

• November
      American Thanksgiving, Gratitude, Fall

Perfect Patio Buffet Party hosted by @Julyvee94
      Our simselves will join together in cooking up a lovely summer buffet. Everyone can contribute with cooking his or her favourite sim dish :) Once the buffet is ready it will be moved outside on the patio where everyone can taste each others dishes and at the end the crowds favourite dish will be given a litte prize and celebration. The party will be hosted in my build "Modern Maniansion" so you can also enjoy the patio and the pool for quality time with other simselves :)

Participants
      The Walk of Vadish hosted by @CathyTea
      For our Sims, "vadish" is one of the most common words. During this celebration of gratitude, we will explore the occasions that prompt our Sims to say "vadish" and how we might bring this approach into our daily lives.

Participants will be asked to notice in their games times and occasions when their Sims say "vadish," and then to explore connections between this spontaneous giving of thanks and their own lives. We will talk about this while sharing a delicious meal or enjoying a walk outdoors at the celebration. The event will be posted on either SimSelf Adventures or Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology, and it will be collaboratively written, with each participant being invited to share his or her own reflections on and stories about Sims' (and our own) practice of spontaneous gratitude.

Particpants:
      December
      Christmas, Kwanza, Love, Peace

The Cupcake Workshop hosted by @SummerFalls
      Oh no! Santa hasn't managed to make enough presents this year due to the overwhelming amount of sims being born into this world. He has requested the help of Joel Rochdale and his friends to make some nice presents and spread Christmas Cheer and the importance of sharing Love and Peace. Participants will be making their own special Christmas Presents for their family members, followed by roasting s'mores, decorating a Christmas tree and even singing a carol or two. All in all, it's a lovely event for Sims of all ages!

Participants
      Holiday Cookie Baking hosted by @aroseinbloom
      December
      Since as far back as I can remember, my mom and I (and sometimes my friend) gather every December and bake dozens of holiday cookies--all different varieties. We keep many of them, but also send them off to friends. JRose would like to do the same with her friends. You're invited to her house for a day of baking and laughing as we contemplate joy and the beginning of winter.
      Participants will be asked to contribute if they want, based on screenshots and their thoughts/feelings of joy and winter.

Participants
      Ugly Sweater Ice Cream Extravaganza! hosted by @kardizzle
      While unfortunately the Sims 4 has yet to produce any snow... :( We still have one way that we could be Ice Cold, with Ice Cream. So why not combine the chill of Ice Cream with the warmth of a sweater... That's what the Ugly Sweater Ice Cream Extravaganza is all about, so I am inviting all of you over to my place, so let me know what your favorite ice cream flavors are so we can all enjoy some delicious treats! PS: Whether your sweater is ugly or not doesn't make a difference, feel free to just wear a regular sweater or even a cute one! We're just here for a good time!

Participants
      St Nicholas Day hosted by @ThePlumbob
      With Christmas right around the corner, this holiday is here to let you know if you're on the right track to receiving Christmas goodies. If you've been good, St Nicholas and his helpers, the angel and the devil, will reward you with chocolate, sweets and fruits; and you're in for a good Christmas. However, if you've not behaved this year, you're in for a reality check, as you'll only be getting potatoes and coal; and in extreme cases, the devil may even be taking you with him!

I'll be hosting a sim twist on this classical Czech holiday that has scared children into being good for the rest of December; this will involve a light-hearted look back on the year 2015 as well as lots of chocolate - as long as the participants have been good this year! While this is traditionally a holiday for children, sims and simselves of all ages are welcome.

Participants
      Christmas Dinner with The Belles hosted by @iheartdinosx3
      You are humbly invited to join the Belle family at their Estate for a delicious Christmas dinner. Dress up in your finest outfit or just wear a Christmas sweater, we won't judge! We, the Belles, hope you will be joining us for this wonderful evening full of festiveness and food! See you soon.

Participants:
      Late December-Mid January
      New Years, New Beginnings, Resolutions

Tettie's New Years Eve Extravaganza hosted by @Meggles
      Join D-List celebrity Tatsuya Ikeda for a fun filled evening at his swanky bachelor pad! Enjoy music, dancing, video games, and a countdown to the new year! Send your significant other for a special new years kiss at midnight or boldly kiss a stranger!* Appetizers and adult beverages will be served. Black Tie Optional.
      *Kissing also optional ;)

Participants:
      One Word Resolutions hosted by @aroseinbloom
      Join JRose for an end of the year reflection and a chance to set a one word intention for the upcoming year! We'll enjoy a lovely day of wellness at a the spa, including massages and a trip to the sauna as look back on what 2015 meant for us. Then, we'll head to the garden and each offer up our one word intention for 2016.
      Participants will be asked to contribute their reflections and one word intention.

Participants:
    edited September 2015
    Other Exciting Simiday Holiday Events

Are you hosting a holiday related event that is epic, but just doesn't fit what's going on here? Well, we still want to share it with others!

Send me a short description, date when you'll start the event, and the link to the event/blog/thread and I'll share it here!

All Hallow's Eve Spookytacular hosted by @BBQPenguinWings
    One of her events, posted above, will be part of our collaboration here, but Baby P has some other great ideas up her sleeve! Check out her blog for more information!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    (My excitement is in reserve!)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Ooh! This sounds exciting, although I'm not sure if I'll be able to host anything this time around. But, maybe I can send Rochdale to some sessions!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
    Ooh! This sounds exciting, although I'm not sure if I'll be able to host anything this time around. But, maybe I can send Rochdale to some sessions!

The nice thing is, you can just do one, small event if you want! But if your schedule is full, we'd love to see your Simself particpate :)
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

I dunno man, the last event he went to he caused a bit of a scene! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    An interesting idea by the way. I'll be sure to keep an eye out and send a sim or two along :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    Sounds real fun! ninjapig and I would be happy to join in. I'll send in a PM later! :)
  • BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited August 2015
    The Penguins like traveling!
    Post edited by BBQPenguinWings on
    So...the neat thing is that you can host a super small event. I'm thinking of doing Christmas Cookie Baking in December! It's a family tradition where I'm from!

Proposals start in a couple of weeks!

The nice thing is, you can just do one, small event if you want! But if your schedule is full, we'd love to see your Simself particpate :)

REALLY?! Ooh, I might actually be able to do something then! Either for Halloween or New Years, but what? Hm...
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat

I dunno man, the last event he went to he caused a bit of a scene! :D

True... but he'll be supervised by me!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    edited August 2015
    I have an idea for Halloween but I want to see if it can be done, when i get home
    Gah i have ideas. In addition to our 5 guests can we have 1or 2 of our simselves to host the event, or would you like to keep it at the 5 guests?
    Gah i have ideas. In addition to our 5 guests can we have 1or 2 of our simselves to host the event, or would you like to keep it at the 5 guests?

You can have a few hosts...or a family you already have in game host. The 5 guests is to really avoid what became an overwhelming amount of time and energy that was SGAS. We're hoping to make this less of a time commitment, but still a great way to meet new Sims and interact with different community members.

Does that make sense?

For those who are curious, you are more than welcome to do a big event--@CathyTea is going to host Plum Day, for example--but she's going to coordinate the entire thing on her own and we'll just link to it here.

I can't wait to see what you come up with @BBQPenguinWings :)

You can have a few hosts...or a family you already have in game host. The 5 guests is to really avoid what became an overwhelming amount of time and energy that was SGAS. We're hoping to make this less of a time commitment, but still a great way to meet new Sims and interact with different community members.

Does that make sense?

For those who are curious, you are more than welcome to do a big event--@CathyTea is going to host Plum Day, for example--but she's going to coordinate the entire thing on her own and we'll just link to it here.

I can't wait to see what you come up with @BBQPenguinWings :)

I already have it in mind. Just gonna do some teaser shots and tweak some things and wait until the 6 th!
    And it can be wherever format we want like
    just pictures with captions, or can we even ask if the guests would like to participate by providing a small written thing like @CathyTea does for her Animal Hat Summer Camp?
    And @SummerFalls we need to brainstorm soon :)
    just pictures with captions, or can we even ask if the guests would like to participate by providing a small written thing like @CathyTea does for her Animal Hat Summer Camp?

Yeah! The layout is entirely up to you! Once people sign up, you can work with then if you want then to write anything!

Yeah! The layout is entirely up to you! Once people sign up, you can work with then if you want then to write anything!

The collab writing part is SO fun! I really recommend it. I think that one of the reasons that Animal Hat and S-GAS have been so great for developing community is because of this! As we work together to tell stories together--oH! You know what it's just like? It's just like playing dolls or dinosaurs when we were kids! It's creating a story together!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Yay then I have my ideas. So excited to propose them!
    Yay then I have my ideas. So excited to propose them!

Oh! I'm so excited! :)

edited August 2015
    @CathyTea the collab writing was really fun and you came up with cute and different ideas for each session. It also gave me inspiration for how I wanted both Z and Bella's stories to develop afterwards