January 27th- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Cesal95 wrote: »
    Those are really cute! Thanks!
    I'll download the custom ones just to have the maxis ones there, thank you! :blush:
    I started a new neighborhood and my plan is to populate it beggining with one family, I really missed TS2 <3
    Your welcome. I can't wait to see your pictures and feel free to share them here. Yeah TS2 is great.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    The Sims goes as a casual game? I always thought a "Casual gamer" is someone who plays a simple flash game on a mobile phone or a Facebook game. I played Mafia Wars, was quite addicted to it for almost 2 years :p:blush: , but even though it took a lot of my time, being consigliere in our clan and all that, I never saw myself as gamer while doing that.
    A casual gamer don't need a good computer, don't need to know anything about hardware, maybe I'm totally wrong, but thats what I thought casual games was. I'm on my third home built computer by now, I admit it's not only because of Sims, I play other games too, but anyway, it's a big difference being a casual player and a Sims player IMO.

    *nods* I would agree with that assessment. But lots of times when I see discussions of "casual gaming," I see the Sims lumped along with it. I guess it really depends on who you ask. The people who call Sims casual gaming are probably the ones who don't really know what it's about ;)

    Tbh I don't see what's wrong with being someone that plays mobile games. I don't get why there is this stigma against what is considered casual gaming. Sometimes on forums/comment sections I'll see people say stuff like "Casual gamers are destroying video games! They are the reason developers try to milk us dry through microtransactions!" I really don't agree with that; companies being greedy is the reason why we are being charged for all sorts of stuff. After all, I'm pretty sure MMOs were charging for stuff even before smart phone usage became widespread. *shrugs*
  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    I think it's a sad state when people bring up that Rachel Franklin is female when voicing their negative opinions of the performance of a game that, because of her position, she is responsible for. It's like people feel they have to apologise for saying something about her because of gender. If one's opinion is the game is bad, then that's the opinion. As previously said, the gender of the people involved is irrelevant.

    That said, it's a sorry state when a woman has to fight very hard for recognition to get a top job. Unfortunately, in my experience, it often leads to an overly defensive stance when criticisms of performance are raised. Sometimes this even leads to an overly controlling attitude to their "kingdom" as leaders, which, in almost any field, can lead to muted staff and a lessened level of progress and innovation, as well as creatively forward thinking, all because the head is defensively clinging on due to fighting so hard to get there in the first place.

    If only things were more equal, female managers wouldn't feel the need to be such battle axes, men wouldn't then be confused and threatened by the display of strength, and perhaps, eventually, true equality could come about.

    But then again, people are people. Anything more than two or three in a group and the default social stance is normally a wolfpack as opposed to a collective.

    Of course I'm not attributing any of this to Maxis or EA or anything. I'd have to be there for a long time to be able to make any such comments. It's just something I've seen repeatedly elsewhere. It must be very difficult for Ms Franklin and other senior members to have work lead by them so poorly received, but seriously, true leadership would both A. never let it get to this state, and B. not bury their head and public image in the sand as is happening now.

    It's time for heads to roll, IMO. As one who's been around the block many times (as have others in this thread), it's glaringly obvious to me.

    I find it difficult to believe that with a truly "diverse" staff as Maxis claim to have, it has remained so stubborn and shortsighted. Someone there is gagging communication and progress, and being allowed to do so. Of with their heads!

    7aaf04166453514caea582107c1dbb02.jpg
  • FaridahFaridah Posts: 171 Member
    Something new from my side :wink:

    I talked to the customer support of EA yesterday. The Lady at the phone was very nice and send me a mail, what I have to do (taking a photo of all my TS2 CD's and so on). So it looks like, that I going to get the TS2UC......I'm still very angry about EA, but I also have to say, that the customer support is awesome and very generous.
    Well this save me really untill my @%&amp;§! DVD/CD Rom player get fixed :smiley:
    opxgs7vn.jpg
  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    ^^That's great Faridah! Best thing you could possible play, IMO. I hope you can get it and I hope you enjoy yourself immensely!
  • FaridahFaridah Posts: 171 Member
    MrHawk wrote: »
    ^^That's great Faridah! Best thing you could possible play, IMO. I hope you can get it and I hope you enjoy yourself immensely!

    Oh, I will ! TS2 is still my favorite part of the series. That's why I'm so sad, when my DVD/CD ROm player stoppt working......When everthing is fine and I can download the UC, I going to do EA's favorite thing here.....making a party ! :smiley:
    opxgs7vn.jpg
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Cesal95 wrote: »
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @all: Love the pictures.

    @all: I unistalled and reinstalled all my sims3 games from Origin. Right now, I'm downloading sims3 custom content. :)

    I'm also looking for cc but for TS2, does anybody knows where can I find skintones? I've found some but I don't understand which one I have to install :confounded: I would prefer replacements for the maxis ones but some of them say "geneticized" or "townified" and my english isn't perfect so I get more confused :(
    Cesal95 wrote: »
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @all: Love the pictures.

    @all: I unistalled and reinstalled all my sims3 games from Origin. Right now, I'm downloading sims3 custom content. :)

    I'm also looking for cc but for TS2, does anybody knows where can I find skintones? I've found some but I don't understand which one I have to install :confounded: I would prefer replacements for the maxis ones but some of them say "geneticized" or "townified" and my english isn't perfect so I get more confused :(

    I'm currently using these as my default replacements as they add body hair to the men in colours to match head hair, but look just like defaults otherwise.
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=481205

    Changing default skintones can make some of your sims (and townies) get a scary mismatch between their head colour and body colour. If you get that you can fix it by taking them into create-a-sim through cheats, the makeover table or a mirror and then exiting. You won't get that problem with these skins though because they match anyway :)

    If you make a sim with a non-default skintone, don't delete the skintone if you are still playing the world with that sim (alive or dead) in it! It could introduce corruption to your world.

    Geneticised skin tones means that the skin tone is given a place to fit between the maxis colours. For example a dark sim and a light sim might have a child with a skin tone in the middle. I think. It's confusing even to English speakers :lol:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

    - Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    MrHawk wrote: »
    I think it's a sad state when people bring up that Rachel Franklin is female when voicing their negative opinions of the performance of a game that, because of her position, she is responsible for. It's like people feel they have to apologise for saying something about her because of gender. If one's opinion is the game is bad, then that's the opinion. As previously said, the gender of the people involved is irrelevant.

    That said, it's a sorry state when a woman has to fight very hard for recognition to get a top job. Unfortunately, in my experience, it often leads to an overly defensive stance when criticisms of performance are raised. Sometimes this even leads to an overly controlling attitude to their "kingdom" as leaders, which, in almost any field, can lead to muted staff and a lessened level of progress and innovation, as well as creatively forward thinking, all because the head is defensively clinging on due to fighting so hard to get there in the first place.

    If only things were more equal, female managers wouldn't feel the need to be such battle axes, men wouldn't then be confused and threatened by the display of strength, and perhaps, eventually, true equality could come about.

    But then again, people are people. Anything more than two or three in a group and the default social stance is normally a wolfpack as opposed to a collective.

    Of course I'm not attributing any of this to Maxis or EA or anything. I'd have to be there for a long time to be able to make any such comments. It's just something I've seen repeatedly elsewhere. It must be very difficult for Ms Franklin and other senior members to have work lead by them so poorly received, but seriously, true leadership would both A. never let it get to this state, and B. not bury their head and public image in the sand as is happening now.

    It's time for heads to roll, IMO. As one who's been around the block many times (as have others in this thread), it's glaringly obvious to me.

    I find it difficult to believe that with a truly "diverse" staff as Maxis claim to have, it has remained so stubborn and shortsighted. Someone there is gagging communication and progress, and being allowed to do so. Of with their heads!

    7aaf04166453514caea582107c1dbb02.jpg

    I don't disagree here with what you say, but misogynistic attitudes rarely come right out about themselves. It's only when the situation is looked at analytically (and often in hindsight) that it can be seen how the degree of violence and anger can escalate rapidly against a female in a way that they wouldn't have towards a male. Until that isn't the case, I think a degree of vigilance and care is needed. I don't want to sidetrack the thread into a discussion about gender and gendered violence, because it's probably not appropriate, but there have been very real instances - multiple occasions - where female game developers, writers, etc have had to go into hiding or quit due to rabid attacks on them personally and that just isn't ok.

    So the apologetic and cautious tone that I may use on the matter is not that she is so precious due to her womanhood, but because I want no part in dropping stray matches that turn into firestorms.

    So about that family play subject? Any news recently? No? Nothing? :disappointed:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

    - Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,166 Member
    trollnexus wrote: »
    It's actually more harmful to feminism to support someone merely because they're a woman, so I understand and agree with your concerns about blindly supporting RF. Feminism isn't about giving women jobs just because of their gender; it's about giving women a fighting chance within male-dominated industries, to evaluate them like we'd evaluate men rather than brushing them aside because of their gender.

    It's also about providing young girls with the motivation and opportunity to pursue careers in industries such as the gaming industry. If there's a scarcity of wonderful female role models in this industry, well, hopefully that will change in the future as more women are encouraged to become a part of this world. I'm glad to hear about Mariina Hallikainen, @FlootieBeauty :) I hope there'll be more like her.

    What I find wonderful about The Sims as a franchise has been the fact that its fanbase has been mostly female throughout its history. The Sims has challenged the idea that video games are just for men and tomboys. Even in this thread I have seen quite a variety of players who don't fit the stereotypical mold of a video gamer, and I think that's wonderful. The Sims offers a unique way to play a game, one that has been historically open-ended and inspires an unprecedented level of creativity.

    Simmers have been cast as "casual gamers," like that is some horrendous thing to be, and honestly I don't get it. How is The Sims a casual game? Is it because we'd rather create relationships between people than shooting them? What the heck is so casual about spending hours upon hours on a game, even going onto forums to talk about the game when we're not playing it and making extra content (stories, CC, mods, etc.) for it? I spend a lot more time on this game than my boyfriend spends playing any of his combat games, and I think we've spent about the same amount of money. Yet I am the casual gamer?

    It's already difficult enough dealing with other people's perception of simmers. Other people don't take simmers seriously, and that's something we just have to live with, since outsiders are allowed to have their own opinions, too. What we don't need, though, is the person in charge also not taking us seriously.

    aplouse
    N7vSQVW.png
    click siggy to take part.

    old my-page here you find my uploades and about me
    but please no friend requests,

  • JermanJerman Posts: 128 Member
    When Did this become a conversation about feminism?

    I'm a guy, and I think Rachael should be fired. Not because she's a female, it's because she is doing a plum job as executive producer.
  • DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    Jerman wrote: »
    When Did this become a conversation about feminism?

    I'm a guy, and I think Rachael should be fired. Not because she's a female, it's because she is doing a plum job as executive producer.

    She certainly needs to be fired, even if she were a man or whatever. I don't like her "vision" at all. I bet they wouldn't be talking about this sexism issue if she were a man, just because she's a woman everyone's getting their panties in a bunch.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,166 Member
    edited August 2015
    What the hell is zagadoo? Maybe my baby girl knows...

    Anyway, I have sent Paradox, Rockstar and Bethesda Softwares links to this thread and one of them(which I cannot say) wants feedback on what many want in a perfect life simulation game if they were to make one. Please leave all your suggestions in this thread. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

    *back to real life*


    for the base game

    catering to all life stages
    atleast haveing: baby, toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult and elder
    but I love to also have, tween (between child and teen) and middle age (between adult and elder)
    give goode basic family play

    catering to difrent play styles
    the "colector" that tries to find every thing in the world
    the creator who likes to make people and build houses
    the in game creator, that like their figures to paint and creat other things
    the family and legacy players
    the poor to rich players... including does that like to become stars.
    the one that like the supernatural twist
    people that want to live of the land.... basic farming


    I want a world I can edit and make my world.... best 100% open, but if not then open pockets where there is 10+ lots in an open nabo hood

    creative tools, atleast a color wheel for chaning how the hair, eyes, clothes, wall covering, furniture looks.

    cars and bikes + buses and taxies.

    newspaper

    lots of difrent jobs, also self employed

    sandbox play, yes a "lifetime wish" for the person is ok... but let it be posibel to get there in difrent ways. also let us decide how we try to get promoted in the job, no hand holding. I rater for the job know that the following counts on proformance: relevant skills, how hard you work when on job, relation shipo to boss, relation ship to coworkers, if you take extra opertunities.
    then you decide how you will try to get promoted...


    a storyprogresion, people I don't control will get married, get jobs, get firred, get kids ectra. if I turn it on



    to more tweeks in the settings to make it how we as players like this specifick world the better... settings pr save.
    storyprogresion on/off (could be more detailed with what aspects is on of)
    ageing on/off
    posible to turne each type of supernaturla on/off
    posible to set the age spand in details

    they could look at some of the populare nrass mods for sims3
    Post edited by anettesb on
    N7vSQVW.png
    click siggy to take part.

    old my-page here you find my uploades and about me
    but please no friend requests,

  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,089 Member
    Jerman wrote: »
    When Did this become a conversation about feminism?

    I'm a guy, and I think Rachael should be fired. Not because she's a female, it's because she is doing a plum job as executive producer.

    Maybe this should go back on topic about family play?

    The lack of family play is still a concern for many after a year...

    :disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    MrHawk wrote: »
    I think it's a sad state when people bring up that Rachel Franklin is female when voicing their negative opinions of the performance of a game that, because of her position, she is responsible for. It's like people feel they have to apologise for saying something about her because of gender. If one's opinion is the game is bad, then that's the opinion. As previously said, the gender of the people involved is irrelevant.

    That said, it's a sorry state when a woman has to fight very hard for recognition to get a top job. Unfortunately, in my experience, it often leads to an overly defensive stance when criticisms of performance are raised. Sometimes this even leads to an overly controlling attitude to their "kingdom" as leaders, which, in almost any field, can lead to muted staff and a lessened level of progress and innovation, as well as creatively forward thinking, all because the head is defensively clinging on due to fighting so hard to get there in the first place.

    If only things were more equal, female managers wouldn't feel the need to be such battle axes, men wouldn't then be confused and threatened by the display of strength, and perhaps, eventually, true equality could come about.

    But then again, people are people. Anything more than two or three in a group and the default social stance is normally a wolfpack as opposed to a collective.

    Of course I'm not attributing any of this to Maxis or EA or anything. I'd have to be there for a long time to be able to make any such comments. It's just something I've seen repeatedly elsewhere. It must be very difficult for Ms Franklin and other senior members to have work lead by them so poorly received, but seriously, true leadership would both A. never let it get to this state, and B. not bury their head and public image in the sand as is happening now.

    It's time for heads to roll, IMO. As one who's been around the block many times (as have others in this thread), it's glaringly obvious to me.

    I find it difficult to believe that with a truly "diverse" staff as Maxis claim to have, it has remained so stubborn and shortsighted. Someone there is gagging communication and progress, and being allowed to do so. Of with their heads!

    7aaf04166453514caea582107c1dbb02.jpg

    I don't disagree here with what you say, but misogynistic attitudes rarely come right out about themselves. It's only when the situation is looked at analytically (and often in hindsight) that it can be seen how the degree of violence and anger can escalate rapidly against a female in a way that they wouldn't have towards a male. Until that isn't the case, I think a degree of vigilance and care is needed. I don't want to sidetrack the thread into a discussion about gender and gendered violence, because it's probably not appropriate, but there have been very real instances - multiple occasions - where female game developers, writers, etc have had to go into hiding or quit due to rabid attacks on them personally and that just isn't ok.

    So the apologetic and cautious tone that I may use on the matter is not that she is so precious due to her womanhood, but because I want no part in dropping stray matches that turn into firestorms.

    So about that family play subject? Any news recently? No? Nothing? :disappointed:

    Excellent points. It's almost become a chicken and the egg scenario. A wouldn't exist without B which leads to C etc etc. And you're right, it IS rife in the industry.

    But yes, you're right. Back to the topic at hand.

    I'm back to playing my new inventor's household, and they're about to have a new kid. I'm going to leave it to see if he shows any interest in dad's inventions and widgets before deciding if he'll pick up a hammer too.

    I've scrapped playing TS4, but can children use any of the similar items like the woodworking bench? That was something I always wanted in TS3.

  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    Just to throw in a little whinge; I've been playing Triad Wars lately and they've just updated the game somewhat (it's still beta) to include things like moving hairstyles. I always wanted more physics like that in Sims. Here's a link if anyone's interested. https://triadwars.com/

    Note: it's a crime simulator, but the game world (Hong Kong) and animations are brilliant. Makes me think what could have been.
  • MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited August 2015
    Hiya guys, back from a dance rehearsal.
    Ugh, what annoys me most about Rachel is that she actually seems like a nice person but she just doesn't seem to understand or comprehend that she's causing all this trouble on the forums because of "her vision". Because its "her vision" her intelligence is blinded by arrogance, thinking that's she's taking the game in the right direction.

    There is no problem with liking TS4, I did 4 quite a while.
    But at the end of the day you can't just cater a certain amount of people (big or small), you have 2 cater 4 EVERYONE.
    If they put toddlers in the base game or just did Olympus instead, it would be so much easier 4 me to like the game.
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited August 2015
    AmiRijo wrote: »
    Saw this on twitter the other day.Screenshot_2015-08-28-15-13-27-1.png

    ....yeah, I already stopped playing (and paying) shortly after the release of GTW

    @Tamrynn your comment beautifully shows that it is possible for me to really like a comment while disagreeing wholeheartedly :lol: So I gave it a like for the goodwill you show :)

    @ArielleSaire Good for her, Cinderella, finding her own path in life :grin:

    I hope I'm not dropping too many posts in a row here, but peak time on the forum is while I'm asleep (the joys of living in Australia) and I'm trying to catch up :sweat_smile:

    oops, I hit post before I typed a word. sheesh.

    Anywhoooo. I'm not playing Sims4 now, didn't buy it, don't intend to as it is currently. Right now adding toddlers is not enuff to make me buy it. I know there are those of you who enjoy it. I just can't enjoy something that I can't make the changes that I got used to in Sims 3. They spoiled me and Sims4 does not allow me to play MY WAY and I cannot RULE my game if I can't play MY WAY!! (sorry for yelling)

    If for some reason Sims 4 was my only option in gaming I would have much more time to a. clean house b. organize my stacks of papers c. paint the house d. garden e. clean the garage out. etc as I would much rather do those things then play SIms4 if that was my only option. Thank goodness it is not so I can continue to ignore those pesky things I don't want to do. :)

    Update on hubby. He is doing better, pain is decreasing and the scan showed the infection is getting smaller with abx, so, surgery is off the table for now. yeah. He may have to have hip replacement in future though. I felt comfortable enuff that I left last night and spent first night at home in my own bed since all this started and slept for 10 hours. I needed that! :) Thanks again for all your wishes and thoughts and prayers. It means so much to both of us.
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Wonderful to hear he's getting better, @bekkasan !! And glad to know you got some well-deserved rest. C:

    At this point, I'm using TS4 as a character creator. The second I make the mistake (you heard me right, though I'm not even sure I heard me right) of having my Sims live their lives and have a child, I immediately lose interest. What's worse, this is leaking out into the enjoyment of my other Sims games. I played TS3 for a couple of hours and the moment a baby was born into the household, I was immediately repelled by the entire game! I don't know what's happening to me!! D:

    I don't want my disappointment to taint the entire series! Noooooo!!
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @bekkasan I'm so happy to hear that, may things continue to go well :)

    @mizuru007 take some time away. That's what I needed to do after I got burned out forcing myself to play TS4. Then go back to TS2 if you have it for a change, then to TS3. It reignited my love and reminded me of exactly why I love the sims :)
  • MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    @bekkasan I'm so happy to hear that, may things continue to go well :)

    @mizuru007 take some time away. That's what I needed to do after I got burned out forcing myself to play TS4. Then go back to TS2 if you have it for a change, then to TS3. It reignited my love and reminded me of exactly why I love the sims :)

    Well said! :)
    Is it just me or does a maintenance thing keep coming up?
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    I'm sorry I even made a comment about Rachel Franklin should step down ,I'm starting to feel I should've keep silent about everything I said!
  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    crockatail wrote: »
    I'm sorry I even made a comment about Rachel Franklin should step down ,I'm starting to feel I should've keep silent about everything I said!

    Meh. We still don't have toddlers so someone has to carry that blame. But really, she has a boss too, no?

    Just had my little inventor's son age up into a toddler. Sure enough, he wants to dabble on the workbench too!

    Late for me now and working tomorrow. G'night all, and nice to hear about hubby's turn for the better.
  • MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    crockatail wrote: »
    I'm sorry I even made a comment about Rachel Franklin should step down ,I'm starting to feel I should've keep silent about everything I said!

    Why? What happened?
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    crockatail wrote: »
    I'm sorry I even made a comment about Rachel Franklin should step down ,I'm starting to feel I should've keep silent about everything I said!

    Please don't be sorry. I think the discussion is needed and you never know when something we have said will get back to a PTB and make them start thinking. Doesn't seem to be happening yet, but, ya never know. :) She is definitely not part of the solution to the issue, so, she must be part of the problem. If it stops turning a profit heads will roll and she will be one of them as a head honcho and I am sure she knows that.
  • MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    What the hell is zagadoo? Maybe my baby girl knows...

    Anyway, I have sent Paradox, Rockstar and Bethesda Softwares links to this thread and one of them(which I cannot say) wants feedback on what many want in a perfect life simulation game if they were to make one. Please leave all your suggestions in this thread. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

    *back to real life*

    In my perfect life simulation, it would definitely have a heavy focus on family life.

    - Meaningful sibling relationships
    - Games that require interaction between sims, like board games, playground games (hopscotch, tag, four square,etc.), hand clap games
    - Less isolation between sims of different ages. Toddlers could play with child aged sims, follow them around. Teens could both play and care for younger sims, like helping toddlers learn to eat with utensils, and helping child sims with homework or learning new skills, like how to hit a baseball.
    - Extended families that live outside of the home would remain a part of your family's life. There would be family get togethers, cousins who play with each other, and the adults could bring up events from their own childhood, either good or bad.
    - Grandchildren could stay with their grandparents for a night where they could do grandparent-specific interactions, like look through family photo albums to learn about their past, and play with the toys their parents had as children.
    - Family vacations would have a variety of locations, like an amusement park (perhaps vaguely Disney-esque?), a historical site like an old fort or a living history museum/village, large mountainous parks, beaches, ski resorts, and national landmarks
    - Lots of group activities like bike rides, nature walks, family sports (basketball, touch football, soccer), singalongs and family bands
    - Sims should be able to chat and talk in all logical activities, but it should not slow down the time it takes to perform that action
    - Mendelian genetics
    - A wide array of traits, with the possibility of similar family traits to be inherited. For example, if both mom and dad are musically inclined, the likelihood of their offspring also being musically inclined increases. However, the player should also have the option to select personality traits as well
    - Interactions between sims and reactions to events that relate to the traits a sim has. For example, a perfectionist sim not getting the scholarship they had hoped for for college would have a very different reaction than a slacker sim would. Sims with a gloomy disposition would take negative life events like death of a family member or friend, harder than an optimistic sim
    - Sims would be able to gain knowledge of events that take place outside of the lot they're on. For example, a sim could receive a phone call that one of their friends had passed away, gotten engaged, had a baby, etc, even without that sim on the lot your sim is on.
    - Sims of all ages would be able to interact with their pets. Babies and toddlers could pet their pets, children could play with their pets and teach them basic tricks. Teens could teach their pets more advanced tricks.
    - Early in the teen stage, teens could develop crushes on other teens. They could also start to want to spend more time with their friends and value their friends' opinions more than their families' opinions. The likelihood and strength of this could be dependent on the personality of the teen.

    And most importantly: Gradual developmental progression within each lifestage! Examples of this could include:

    Gross Motor Skills
    - Babies could start off not being able to move, but then they could gradually learn to roll over, sit up unassisted, and learn to crawl. They could have little chairs, like the Bumbo chair that would help them learn to sit up.
    - Toddlers could start to pull themselves up to standing before they learn to walk. Once they learn to walk, they still have a risk of "failure" in the form of falling down. This chance could decrease as they gradually get closer to the child stage. They could also learn to run once they learn to walk.
    - Children could continue their gross motor skills by learning to hop, skip, and kick a ball. These could also be tied into other activities. If a child doesn't know how to hop, the first few times they play hopscotch might not go so well for them. Similarly, if they've never kicked a ball, it might take them a little bit longer to be able to play soccer well.
    - Elders nearing the end of their lifestage could gradually take more time to go up and down stairs. They could also walk at a slower and more deliberate pace.

    Fine Motor Skills
    - Toddlers could learn to draw basic pictures. They could draw pictures of their family, their house, etc. once they get past the "scribbling" stage.
    - Young children could learn how to write letters, and eventually learn how to write their name. Depending on how strong their fine motor skill was in the toddler stage will impact how well they can write in the child stage, but they can always get assistance from an older sim in this!
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top