Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Normally, I'm the guy with the comment about what on earth to do with all that space, but not this time. The most logical place for a kitchen and dining room, in terms of general layout, seems to be the right side of the house, on the ground floor, where the separation into two rooms usually means a traditional dining room with an adjoining, separate kitchen. But both these spaces are 3 squares wide with an archway right in the middle of the long side. That's tight for a dining room. Okay, looking at other people's builds, I see there are possible solutions: use MOO to overcome the one-square threshold requirement of the arch; go to a 4-seat dining set; keep up to 5 seats but sacrifice the idea of being able to walk all around the table; or just move the dining room to a different location altogether, with the kitchen either adjoining or separate but not both.

Since the client is the mayor, I initially thought the layout would have to be pretty staid and traditional. But I'm beginning to think that, whatever the style, it might be a good idea to go to a more modern layout, or at least something a little more creative.

I wonder though ... I have no immediate plans for this, but would adding windows to the interior walls count as "changing" the walls?
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Xinqun wrote: »
    Normally, I'm the guy with the comment about what on earth to do with all that space, but not this time. The most logical place for a kitchen and dining room, in terms of general layout, seems to be the right side of the house, on the ground floor, where the separation into two rooms usually means a traditional dining room with an adjoining, separate kitchen. But both these spaces are 3 squares wide with an archway right in the middle of the long side. That's tight for a dining room. Okay, looking at other people's builds, I see there are possible solutions: use MOO to overcome the one-square threshold requirement of the arch; go to a 4-seat dining set; keep up to 5 seats but sacrifice the idea of being able to walk all around the table; or just move the dining room to a different location altogether, with the kitchen either adjoining or separate but not both.

Since the client is the mayor, I initially thought the layout would have to be pretty staid and traditional. But I'm beginning to think that, whatever the style, it might be a good idea to go to a more modern layout, or at least something a little more creative.

I wonder though ... I have no immediate plans for this, but would adding windows to the interior walls count as "changing" the walls?

Nope the solid structure woulds still be there and you would not change the outside appearance
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Just realised that there was a budget for this build and I went way over it. Sorry, like I said, I've been unwell again and I missed the budget bit.

Thanks @rosemow for your lovely review and the hug <3. I am starting to feel better.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    When does this weeks challenge end?
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    tounette56tounette56 Posts: 39 Member
    Thank you for the compliment @Twiggy :)
    mum%20final_zpsuog1fjp8.png
    Visit my gallery at tounette56 to see my renovations and builds
    Check out my most recent builds Windenburg Forest and Rocket Ship
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @mommataurus2 in 16 hours from now, midnight south africa time
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    @Cbear13 Ok great! Thanks for letting me know.....itching to start the next one lol!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    I'm not going to make this one, I think. It's just too beautiful a late summer day to spend indoors working on something that's not quite coming together; I want to sit outdoors and read instead. Good luck to everyone who's got something in, though.
  • Options
    RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    Under Renovation: Challenge 12
    Origin ID: RivendellStar
    Forum ID: RivendellStar
    Link to gallery: House
    Family
    Name of your build: The Mayor's Manor
    Cheats used: MOO & bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $96,937
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes

[img][/img]1Exterior_zpsyoatyytc.jpg
    [img][/img]2Bedroom_zpszst0amb8.jpg
    [img][/img]3LivingSpace_zpsytnejnid.jpg
    [img][/img]4MayorFamily_zpsjbrkorzg.jpg
    jiyKE8j.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @Rivendell I like your color scheme. Great decor!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    @mommataurus2 Thanks! :)
    jiyKE8j.png
  • Options
    TCTuxwX.jpg

Attention renovators:

Challenge 13 has been posted on page 1 and Challenge 12 will close in 30min.
    Good Luck, have fun and make us proud :)
  • Options
    Ooh. This one looks challenging!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    @mommataures2 Enjoy - you can do it!
  • Options
    Challenge 12 is now closed!
  • Options
    Attention Renovators:

Once all the judges scores has been received. We will post the results soonest as usual. :smile:

• Options
    RE-CAP ON CHALLENGE 12
    MNYGXPb.jpg
  • Options
    vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    Everyone's renovations for challenge 12 are really amazing and it was fun judging... fun, but hard! LOL

Challenge 13 is great, I'll start working on some ideas soon! :)
  • Options
    @Zita1966z Challenge 13: There was a small triangular piece missing on the front stairs in the right corner due to the octagonal shape of the front. I fixed this on my build by placing a triangular patio piece.

This build is gigantic! And I am going to town on it....but I am SO wishing I had an unlimited budget!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    @mommataures2 LOL Yes the budget is a bit tight, we do not want to spoil our troopers 2 much with unlimited access to funds :)
  • Options
    Is the closing date for challenge 13 the 5th of September? It says August lol
    jiyKE8j.png
  • Options
    @Zita1966z I spent that much just doing the interior! oy!!!! Terrain Paints are my friend...Terrain Paints are my friend....Terrain Paints are my friend! Ok there I feel better now.....yet, still in the same financial dilemma!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    @mommataures2 Make debug your friend ...make debug your friend....make debug your friend LOL LOL LOL
  • Options
    Ya I used a ton of that too! Oy I had big plans and can't make it happen now. So bummed.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    *gasps* *dies* *comes back*

I ... I need to do this.

also: I CLAIM ST JOSEPH OF CUPERTINO FOR THE NAME OF MY BUILD (entirely because meditation -> levitation in this game) AND ANYONE PLANNING A CATHOLIC-STYLE NAME CAN GO FIND A DIFFERENT PATRON SAINT.