Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @Jerman please reconsider your choice of words please, we try to keep rudeness out here :)

Some people genuinely like TS4. There's nothing wrong with that and I will support their right to their own feelings in regards to that. Those who are disappointed shouldn't have to defend their dislike and subjective experiences, and on the flip side neither should those who love it. It's personal and not a reason to argue or insult each other :)

I think it's a shame that people are being short sighted about this situation. They may find if those family players are left out in the cold too long that the suits at EA, used to huge easy profits from sims game, pull the plug when this game isn't reaching its full potential. Generally that's how it works-titles are compared to each other and if they aren't doing better, or at least on a par, with its predecessors they may decide it's not worth the hassle any more.
  • JermanJerman Posts: 128 Member
    @Jerman please reconsider your choice of words please, we try to keep rudeness out here :)

The truth isn't pretty.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Some people genuinely like TS4. There's nothing wrong with that and I will support their right to their own feelings in regards to that. Those who are disappointed shouldn't have to defend their dislike and subjective experiences, and on the flip side neither should those who love it. It's personal and not a reason to argue or insult each other :)

I think it's a shame that people are being short sighted about this situation. They may find if those family players are left out in the cold too long that the suits at EA, used to huge easy profits from sims game, pull the plug when this game isn't reaching its full potential. Generally that's how it works-titles are compared to each other and if they aren't doing better, or at least on a par, with its predecessors they may decide it's not worth the hassle any more.

Well said :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member

> Well Said!
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    http://kotaku.com/player-tweaks-graphics-makes-black-ops-3-look-like-a-p-1727083227

Meanwhile, The Sims 4 looks like it was made for a toaster on even high graphics levels.
    I was having some kind of dream last night that they released an "advanced graphics" version for the people who had gaming machines. I guess in the same way Skyrim had an official HD textures free DLC. And then once again I woke up and realised my dreaming self had given Sims 4 too much credit :/
    mmoblitz wrote: »
    When I'm wrong about something I will be the first one to stand up and say I'm wrong. In the beginning of all this It was my belief that EA was the main culprit behind what TS4 started as and what it has become. New info has come to me that says otherwise. It's now my belief that most of this is the direct result of poor decisions by the maxis studio heads. Rachel Franklin, I'm looking at you. Yes, EA had their part to play, but all creative decisions, direction of game, and so forth are all on Maxis.

Two failures in a row for Maxis (IMO). I think it's time to cut the heads off this hydra and it will grow some with a little more...

Oh me too. I was sure that once those in charge saw the real love and passion given by those they cut out they would realise their mistake, apologise and resolve to work on those issues as an actual priority. I used to defend them and advocate for patience.

You know why that ended? The constant excuses and dismissive comments-especially those from Rachel Franklin. She has people genuinely broken hearted about what's gone on telling her clearly what's up and what does she do? Tries to accuse people of expecting expansion content when she knows full well the base was never finished. It's a disgrace and very poor customer service. That's why I no longer have faith-because if the boss won't acknowledge their own failings then there's no way things will improve. Everything will be a band aid, small 'offerings' to try to placate those of us who know they can do infinitely better than this.

I remember the heady enthusiasm of the early days of the fans cheerfully sharing brilliant ideas and believing that with a bit of time it would all happen. Instead we've come to this. Bitter. Without hope that anything we've said made any difference. Angry. Disillusioned. Disgusted even.
    crockatail wrote: »
    When I'm wrong about something I will be the first one to stand up and say I'm wrong. In the beginning of all this It was my belief that EA was the main culprit behind what TS4 started as and what it has become. New info has come to me that says otherwise. It's now my belief that most of this is the direct result of poor decisions by the maxis studio heads. Rachel Franklin, I'm looking at you. Yes, EA had their part to play, but all creative decisions, direction of game, and so forth are all on Maxis.

Two failures in a row for Maxis (IMO). I think it's time to cut the heads off this hydra and it will grow some with a little more...

> Its time for Rachel Franklin to step down,and let one of the other simgurus who know more about the Sims to take over in her place. I'm not saying this because Rachel Franklin is female,since I'm too a female but because she messed up the Sims 4.

I've been feeling particularly conflicted about this for a while. I feel very sensitive to the nastiness that can be aimed at women in the gaming industry, but I really hate where the franchise is going and if she was a man I think I would have been stomping my foot about this long ago. She does seem to be the source of The Vision.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    AmiRijo wrote: »
    Saw this on twitter the other day.Screenshot_2015-08-28-15-13-27-1.png

....yeah, I already stopped playing (and paying) shortly after the release of GTW

@Tamrynn your comment beautifully shows that it is possible for me to really like a comment while disagreeing wholeheartedly :lol: So I gave it a like for the goodwill you show :)

@ArielleSaire Good for her, Cinderella, finding her own path in life :grin:

I hope I'm not dropping too many posts in a row here, but peak time on the forum is while I'm asleep (the joys of living in Australia) and I'm trying to catch up :sweat_smile:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    http://kotaku.com/player-tweaks-graphics-makes-black-ops-3-look-like-a-p-1727083227

Meanwhile, The Sims 4 looks like it was made for a toaster on even high graphics levels.
    I was having some kind of dream last night that they released an "advanced graphics" version for the people who had gaming machines. I guess in the same way Skyrim had an official HD textures free DLC. And then once again I woke up and realised my dreaming self had given Sims 4 too much credit :/

Oh me too. I was sure that once those in charge saw the real love and passion given by those they cut out they would realise their mistake, apologise and resolve to work on those issues as an actual priority. I used to defend them and advocate for patience.

You know why that ended? The constant excuses and dismissive comments-especially those from Rachel Franklin. She has people genuinely broken hearted about what's gone on telling her clearly what's up and what does she do? Tries to accuse people of expecting expansion content when she knows full well the base was never finished. It's a disgrace and very poor customer service. That's why I no longer have faith-because if the boss won't acknowledge their own failings then there's no way things will improve. Everything will be a band aid, small 'offerings' to try to placate those of us who know they can do infinitely better than this.

I remember the heady enthusiasm of the early days of the fans cheerfully sharing brilliant ideas and believing that with a bit of time it would all happen. Instead we've come to this. Bitter. Without hope that anything we've said made any difference. Angry. Disillusioned. Disgusted even.

> Its time for Rachel Franklin to step down,and let one of the other simgurus who know more about the Sims to take over in her place. I'm not saying this because Rachel Franklin is female,since I'm too a female but because she messed up the Sims 4.

I've been feeling particularly conflicted about this for a while. I feel very sensitive to the nastiness that can be aimed at women in the gaming industry, but I really hate where the franchise is going and if she was a man I think I would have been stomping my foot about this long ago. She does seem to be the source of The Vision.

I totally understand. I really want to support women in leadership positions, especially in gaming companies, but RF makes it so hard for me to stand behind her. Now, Mariina Hallikainen (the CEO of Colossal Order), she's someone I really believe in! She's so passionate about her company, even though she admits that she's never been huge into games, but she honestly loves the games from CO. If you don't know much about her, I really suggest giving her a Google and in particular reading/watching some of the interviews she's been in. So intelligent, and she seems to genuinely care about the games. What a refreshing change!
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    edited August 2015

> I was growing up ( In the 60's and 70's )when women was fighting for equal rights, for equal paid,to hold jobs that was view at that time as male only. I understand that its hard for women in many field to hold a position like Rachel Franklin has,but she's responsible for way that the Sims 4 is turning out. And it's not good.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited August 2015
    Rachel Franklin's gender has nothing to do with how she is leading the game into the fiery pits of the netherworld. She could be a man named Raymond Franklin and I would still think he would be a horrible leader.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • sydwilgirl23sydwilgirl23 Posts: 671 Member
    edited August 2015
    God....work your magic!!!! Bring the toddlers back!
    Magician-Isolated-dreamstime_xxl_16869905.png
  • trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    It's actually more harmful to feminism to support someone merely because they're a woman, so I understand and agree with your concerns about blindly supporting RF. Feminism isn't about giving women jobs just because of their gender; it's about giving women a fighting chance within male-dominated industries, to evaluate them like we'd evaluate men rather than brushing them aside because of their gender.

It's also about providing young girls with the motivation and opportunity to pursue careers in industries such as the gaming industry. If there's a scarcity of wonderful female role models in this industry, well, hopefully that will change in the future as more women are encouraged to become a part of this world. I'm glad to hear about Mariina Hallikainen, @FlootieBeauty :) I hope there'll be more like her.

What I find wonderful about The Sims as a franchise has been the fact that its fanbase has been mostly female throughout its history. The Sims has challenged the idea that video games are just for men and tomboys. Even in this thread I have seen quite a variety of players who don't fit the stereotypical mold of a video gamer, and I think that's wonderful. The Sims offers a unique way to play a game, one that has been historically open-ended and inspires an unprecedented level of creativity.

Simmers have been cast as "casual gamers," like that is some horrendous thing to be, and honestly I don't get it. How is The Sims a casual game? Is it because we'd rather create relationships between people than shooting them? What the heck is so casual about spending hours upon hours on a game, even going onto forums to talk about the game when we're not playing it and making extra content (stories, CC, mods, etc.) for it? I spend a lot more time on this game than my boyfriend spends playing any of his combat games, and I think we've spent about the same amount of money. Yet I am the casual gamer?

It's already difficult enough dealing with other people's perception of simmers. Other people don't take simmers seriously, and that's something we just have to live with, since outsiders are allowed to have their own opinions, too. What we don't need, though, is the person in charge also not taking us seriously.
  • AmiRijoAmiRijo Posts: 677 Member

WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well here's my response, NO, NO FREAKING WAY! B)
    Yeah, I need 2 sleep, so byee.
    (So shocking!!)

I jumped on there and stood up for family play, but there were a lot of comments stating they didnt care if we waited. :/ i hope that EA doesn't actually use this as a "well the majority we asked said... so we're going to wait"

The Sims community is just a fansite. What they ask doesn't matter and neither does the answers they get from an innocent question.

Thank gods, cus I wasn't certain.
    Origin ID: AmiRijo
    I signed http://www.sims2.net/pledge/
    ZfzDIiOeZzDJ6.gif
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    What the hell is zagadoo? Maybe my baby girl knows...

Anyway, I have sent Paradox, Rockstar and Bethesda Softwares links to this thread and one of them(which I cannot say) wants feedback on what many want in a perfect life simulation game if they were to make one. Please leave all your suggestions in this thread. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

*back to real life*

It means disagree in Simlish.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • barbaraluv86barbaraluv86 Posts: 131 Member
    edited August 2015
    [quote="LoveMcQueen5683;14046636"][quote="barbaraluv86;14046621"]What the hell is zagadoo? Maybe my baby girl knows...

Anyway, I have sent Paradox, Rockstar and Bethesda Softwares links to this thread and one of them(which I cannot say) wants feedback on what many want in a perfect life simulation game if they were to make one. Please leave all your suggestions in this thread. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

*back to real life*[/quote]

It means disagree in Simlish.[/quote]

Thanks! Did not know that. Well back to playing Skyrim for me. (hope my daughter doesn't start crying )

*crawls back to rl addiction that I'll never get with the sims franchise again*
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2015
    Wow and I probably would but rarely and I'd stick to base game only for entire lifetime of the Sims 4. If they didn't come until then, Sims 4 lifetime will almost be done, so not point of investing in it that late in the game when I can save for a hopefully better Sims 5. But I tend to not trust fan sites like that for anything news worthy.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AiecchiAiecchi Posts: 3 New Member
    I always liked to create families in the sims and see their progress, but in The Sims 4 is totally different.
    lately I just go into the game to create Sims and build houses, but play itself ... The families were so cold ... teens
    more adults without that air of rebellion, and even more, they take toddlers. Of course the sims 4 has qualities, as
    the speed of the game, interaction, ease construction and creation, but otherwise I feel like they receded.
    I remember to this day when I saw the news about The Sims 4 and I was super happy, I kept thinking what they could add to the game
    and that surely they would not take, cars, open map, customization and toddlers, but they took everything, and I
    admit I'm very disappointed with The Sims 4 not only by the withdrawal of some things but also with the releases of object collection with minimal items. Now only left for me The sims 3!
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @all: Love the pictures.

@all: I unistalled and reinstalled all my sims3 games from Origin. Right now, I'm downloading sims3 custom content. :)
    :) Smile!

• AiecchiAiecchi Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2015
    me to XD
  • Cesal95Cesal95 Posts: 298 Member
    Puddinroy wrote: »

@all: I unistalled and reinstalled all my sims3 games from Origin. Right now, I'm downloading sims3 custom content. :)

I'm also looking for cc but for TS2, does anybody knows where can I find skintones? I've found some but I don't understand which one I have to install :confounded: I would prefer replacements for the maxis ones but some of them say "geneticized" or "townified" and my english isn't perfect so I get more confused :(
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
    Cesal95 wrote: »

I'm also looking for cc but for TS2, does anybody knows where can I find skintones? I've found some but I don't understand which one I have to install :confounded: I would prefer replacements for the maxis ones but some of them say "geneticized" or "townified" and my english isn't perfect so I get more confused :(
    modthesims.info and these are nice: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=535350 Other ones found here: http://www.modthesims.info/browse.php?f=346&gs=1
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »

modthesims.info and these are nice: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=535350 Other ones found here: http://www.modthesims.info/browse.php?f=346&gs=1

Thank you! :blush: So if I understood, the last one contains all of them and replace the maxis ones right? Do you recommend the custom ones or the default replacements? thanks :blush:
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    edited August 2015
    The Sims goes as a casual game? I always thought a "Casual gamer" is someone who plays a simple flash game on a mobile phone or a Facebook game. I played Mafia Wars, was quite addicted to it for almost 2 years :p:blush: , but even though it took a lot of my time, being consigliere in our clan and all that, I never saw myself as gamer while doing that.
    A casual gamer don't need a good computer, don't need to know anything about hardware, maybe I'm totally wrong, but thats what I thought casual games was. I'm on my third home built computer by now, I admit it's not only because of Sims, I play other games too, but anyway, it's a big difference being a casual player and a Sims player IMO.

Thank you! :blush: So if I understood, the last one contains all of them and replace the maxis ones right? Do you recommend the custom ones or the default replacements? thanks :blush:
    Yep, that's the default version. Depends on you. If you want a default replacement use that file, but if you want to keep the Maxis skintones, use the custom ones.

There are some skins for babies to add hair to them too like these:
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=262877
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=262713
    Scobre wrote: »

Yep, that's the default version. Depends on you. If you want a default replacement use that file, but if you want to keep the Maxis skintones, use the custom ones.

There are some skins for babies to add hair to them too like these:
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=262877
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=262713

Those are really cute! Thanks!
    I'll download the custom ones just to have the maxis ones there, thank you! :blush:
    I started a new neighborhood and my plan is to populate it beggining with one family, I really missed TS2 <3
    PoroLoL_zpset4qfym5.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top