March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @starguru I love your story <3 sorry I was mobile earlier so couldn't load the screenshots but what a fab idea! :)
    jezebel.com/watch-this-5-year-old-british-lad-learn-hes-going-to-be-1727005249

And meanwhile, TS4 kids are never happy about a new baby. Selfish much? It's like they already know that this means they can't be the star of the Single Sim Experience(TM) that Dear Leader Rachel Franklin envisioned.

Yeah I honestly hated my ts4 kids getting that.
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    edited August 2015
    Yesterday I decided to get my oil change in my car but I didn't go for the cheap oil change at $ 24.00 but for the one that cost $60.00, and nothing for the Sims 4 :D
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    trollnexus wrote: »
    Hey, I'm looking for some family play advice in TS3 right now, and I figured you folks might have some ideas.

Right now I'm playing Quailhogs' Vargfjell, and one of his pre-made families was a werewolf father and daughter. Immediately, the father fell in love with someone in town and got married, so now I have a household of three.

What I tend to do with my adult sims is just focus on their LTWs--the father wants a perfect aquarium and the step-mother wants to be a top athlete, so I've just been having him fish all day and having her exercise until she gets tired.

But I don't know what to do with the child, or even what to do with her once she hits her teen years. I don't have any particular goals, and she doesn't really wish for anything.

What activities can a kid do in TS3? (I have all the EPs, but I've uninstalled IP, UL, and ITF for now.) Are there family bonding things she can do with her new mother, maybe? I'm just drawing a blank right now.
    Here all the things they can do with the Generations EP: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/generations/children.php

I hope they bring back everything that was mentioned in that link.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • TamrynnTamrynn Posts: 55 Member
    I've been gone for a while but wanted to weigh in on the somewhat recent announcement of GT and other feelings I had in response to the Sims 4. First I'm really disappointed that of all the expansion ideas this is the one they chose to release now. It should have been a Generations type EP including the addition of toddlers. I have not lost all hope yet that they will be included at some point. I'm just sad it appears it will take over a year now.

GT does look like it will add quite a bit of content although as others have stated it seems more like a game pack than an EP at this point. There's still a lot of time for Maxis to prove me wrong though. I love Europe and those styles resonate with me so I am really excited about the new world. I'm also excited for beaches, swimming in something other than a pool, and bonfires. Sadly none of those seem like new features just additions to existing features. I have been broken-hearted over the announcements that there would be no new life state as part of this expansion. I honestly thought that was mandatory for an EP. I was really disappointed with the announcement and trailer. They did not pull off the flash mob well at all. It was truly a low moment and I feel bad for those involved. The trailer was also kind of a low point imo. I enjoyed the soundtrack and the trailer did a great job of highlighting the new world and some of the ancillary features however it did not highlight the new game play and was therefore lackluster. I really hope as the release gets closer we will get a chance to see the new game play elements and get more info on those. I also hope that the list of features in the expansion is expanded upon because what's listed now does not seem worthy of an EP.

I know these next comments are not going to be popular but they are my impressions so don't assign them more value or time then they deserve. I still believe that Maxis deserves some loyalty and some (although not much) benefit of the doubt still. I know, I know, believe me...we have all been waiting for toddlers for a year but even so I continue to hold out hope. Sparkfairy1 and others that have lost hope I truly and deeply wish that Maxis will be able to restore your hope and faith in them again. Maybe it's my love for the Sims franchise talking but I really do believe that TS4 can be everything we hope for still. And I don't believe that Maxis has given up on us yet although I can totally understand how people have started giving up on them. I for one will continue to hold out hope for the future and hope that you guys and gals will stick with me because I would miss you if you left...especially you Sparkfairy1. I love you wonderful family players. I enjoy seeing the pictures and reading the stories in this thread. There's a life and light that you emanate that can't be found other places and I would hate to see that be extinguished. Be strong and of good courage, I don't believe our desires have been falling on deaf ears. Lots of love <3
  • Swjosdotschka2Swjosdotschka2 Posts: 110 Member

And meanwhile, TS4 kids are never happy about a new baby. Selfish much? It's like they already know that this means they can't be the star of the Single Sim Experience(TM) that Dear Leader Rachel Franklin envisioned.

To be honest, I liked it. Though I did not know that EVERY kid gots that. It would be fun if it would happen from time to time.

It has nothing to do with selfishness to me. Getting a sibling is huge stress and excitement for a little one. They are just afraid of changes and that is natural. They are afraid mom and dad do not love them as much as before anymore. That is not selfish. That is insecure. Don't be too hard to kids. They are no little adults. :) They have to learn to cope with new situations and feelings and they no nothing about morals and sharing at first and that is okay. :)

• Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited August 2015
    I wish you and your hubby the best and strength @bekkasan *hugs*.

ETA: Sorry, i'm like totally late with that comment, but i've somehow skipped the page with your update on his situation.
  • MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    When this gets 2 1000 I'm gonna dance like there's no tomorrow!!

bananagrape5.gif
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
    @Tamrynn what a nice comment, thank you lovely :) I don't expect anyone to feel any differently than they do. We all have our own levels of tolerance and our own minds and that is what is most important in this thread, no one is here to tell anyone what to do or feel. We see that enough elsewhere and the ridiculous conflict that creates ;)

@Swjosdotschka2 thats fair enough, and if it was user directed I would like it more because it does happen. I just didn't like my story for my sim family affected by it! I think if it was like that but then once they saw their little sibling their hearts melted for them then I would be happier with it you know?
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member

To be honest, I liked it. Though I did not know that EVERY kid gots that. It would be fun if it would happen from time to time.

It has nothing to do with selfishness to me. Getting a sibling is huge stress and excitement for a little one. They are just afraid of changes and that is natural. They are afraid mom and dad do not love them as much as before anymore. That is not selfish. That is insecure. Don't be too hard to kids. They are no little adults. :) They have to learn to cope with new situations and feelings and they no nothing about morals and sharing at first and that is okay. :)

I just wish some kids would get that, others be happy and others be sad/happy becouse it was a boy/girl

some kids are happy to get siblings.... som only want a little sister and not a brother ectra.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    anettesb wrote: »

I just wish some kids would get that, others be happy and others be sad/happy becouse it was a boy/girl

some kids are happy to get siblings.... som only want a little sister and not a brother ectra.

Or what if the likelihood of a child getting that moodlet depended on their personality traits? Cheerful children could get an "Excited for new sibling!" Grumpy children could get the existing sad moodlet or whatever it is. I could see a hot headed child getting jealous of their new sibling. Of course, this would work better if they recognized that a child's personality is more in-depth than just one trait... sigh.
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    @starguru omg I love your ideas! I'm going to write all these down. And you're right--fish is always useful to have :) Also, thank you so much for sharing your adorable play <3

For some reason, it's easier for me to fall into skill-grind mode when I play TS3 than when I play TS2. If my mind is not actively trying to come up with things to do, stories to tell, I end up just making my sims skill while I zone out. This was actually the reason why I really liked to play TS3 while doing my homework; I once tried to play TS2 while doing homework, but that so didn't work out XD I got way too distracted.

But all the same, I adore TS3 because of the town feel. I love having an entire neighborhood that grows up and develops with my sims. So that's why I'd never abandon it, that's why I try harder to immerse myself into the game and take the time to appreciate each character. And honestly it's pretty fun on its own merits, and it challenges me to use my dusty imagination :)

TS4 doesn't give me that same feeling. I feel like the neighborhood people are expendable and that only my family really matters, which gets lonely. For me it's a difference in priority, and I am perfectly happy letting go of the game. What doesn't make me happy, though, is EA's treatment of its simmers. Is it true that a lot of the money went to Titanfall? And it makes me sad to see the same people who were still hopeful a couple of months ago now feel really dispirited.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    It feels like they just gave up with family play :'(

It seems unlikely we will see toddlers or preteens, with the type of packs coming out :(
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm going to be glad I won't be on the receiving end of the forums on September 2,2015 ,and its more party items that is patched in for the 1st anniversary of the Sims 4.
    Post edited by crockatail on
  • AmiRijoAmiRijo Posts: 677 Member
    Saw this on twitter the other day.Screenshot_2015-08-28-15-13-27-1.png
    Origin ID: AmiRijo
    I signed http://www.sims2.net/pledge/
    ZfzDIiOeZzDJ6.gif
  • ArielleSaireArielleSaire Posts: 59 Member
    An update on my Cinderella Challenge.
    Evangeline has grown up.
    Screenshot-72_zps4j4kv4bo.jpg
    She has left her evil stepmother and now lives in a small apartment above the bakery in Starlight Shores. She has discovered her love in cooking and baking. She has not met a "Prince Charming," but she is enjoying her independent life.
    Screenshot-70_zps3gg4feei.jpg
    Evangeline's stepsister Olga has grown up as well.
    Screenshot-65_zpsriy0zgef.jpg
    And also Prudence.
    Screenshot-66_zpsea20vyen.jpg
    Animated_sims_plumbbob_zpsf02263fe.gif
  • MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    AmiRijo wrote: »

WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well here's my response, NO, NO FREAKING WAY! B)
    Yeah, I need 2 sleep, so byee.
    (So shocking!!)
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • AmiRijoAmiRijo Posts: 677 Member

(So shocking!!)

I jumped on there and stood up for family play, but there were a lot of comments stating they didnt care if we waited. :/ i hope that EA doesn't actually use this as a "well the majority we asked said... so we're going to wait"
    Origin ID: AmiRijo
    I signed http://www.sims2.net/pledge/
    ZfzDIiOeZzDJ6.gif
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member

(So shocking!!)

I jumped on there and stood up for family play, but there were a lot of comments stating they didnt care if we waited. :/ i hope that EA doesn't actually use this as a "well the majority we asked said... so we're going to wait"

The Sims community is just a fansite. What they ask doesn't matter and neither does the answers they get from an innocent question.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Thank you for the nice comments on my screenshots, guys. <3

And I’m glad I could give you some additional ideas, @trollnexus. I tend to feel TS2 has more in the way of sim-to-sim interactions and animations than TS3 (I adore the various interactions TS2 kids can do with one another, and especially love when they play cops and robbers!), but I agree that TS3 does have some really great features of its own. I enjoy both games very much, although I sometimes wish I could smoosh both of them together and have it all! xD

@Tamrynn—Beautiful ideas in your post, and you’re right about this being a wonderful and welcoming thread; Sparkfairy has helped provide a remarkable haven here for family players. :) Speaking for myself, I don’t hold the same hope you do for TS4, but I would love to see your faith rewarded, as well as that of those who post their ideas here in the hopes that their play style will someday be included.
  • trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    starguru wrote: »
    Thank you for the nice comments on my screenshots, guys. <3

And I’m glad I could give you some additional ideas, @trollnexus. I tend to feel TS2 has more in the way of sim-to-sim interactions and animations than TS3 (I adore the various interactions TS2 kids can do with one another, and especially love when they play cops and robbers!), but I agree that TS3 does have some really great features of its own. I enjoy both games very much, although I sometimes wish I could smoosh both of them together and have it all! xD

@Tamrynn—Beautiful ideas in your post, and you’re right about this being a wonderful and welcoming thread; Sparkfairy has helped provide a remarkable haven here for family players. :) Speaking for myself, I don’t hold the same hope you do for TS4, but I would love to see your faith rewarded, as well as that of those who post their ideas here in the hopes that their play style will someday be included.

Yeah, TS2 definitely has better social interactions. All the kids' games they can play with each other are so fun! And you really get the sense that these sims have feelings for each other, whether positive or negative. I remember reading Candi's Prettacy and being delightfully surprised when her heir and spare actually fought a lot as little kids. I was so used to seeing sim siblings being so happy and cute, so it was cool to see something different. I liked that there was variety and that she didn't have to go out of her way to encourage any of it. It felt organic.

I really agree with the bolded part, btw. I want it all! I honestly thought TS4 would be that smoosh that I wanted, but alas.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member

(So shocking!!)

that be a catastoprope... but I'm not sure EA use the forum to gater player info any more.. so sadly likely
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳

(So shocking!!)

@AmiRijo I wouldn't worry lovely. It's a fan site. If they pay attention to there over their own forum and this topic with this many views/posts/pages and the millions of other toddler/family request threads then EA have serious problems.
    Don't get drawn into getting upset by them :)
  • JermanJerman Posts: 128 Member

I googled "Asslicking Gifs" to see if there was a cartoony gif to describe the situation. Sadily, there was only 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Rule 34 anyone?

Anyways, they're just asslicking EA. I'm pretty sure EA paid for any good reviews of the game, as long time simmers are disappointed.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top