Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    trollnexus wrote: »
    Hey, I'm looking for some family play advice in TS3 right now, and I figured you folks might have some ideas.

Right now I'm playing Quailhogs' Vargfjell, and one of his pre-made families was a werewolf father and daughter. Immediately, the father fell in love with someone in town and got married, so now I have a household of three.

What I tend to do with my adult sims is just focus on their LTWs--the father wants a perfect aquarium and the step-mother wants to be a top athlete, so I've just been having him fish all day and having her exercise until she gets tired.

But I don't know what to do with the child, or even what to do with her once she hits her teen years. I don't have any particular goals, and she doesn't really wish for anything.

What activities can a kid do in TS3? (I have all the EPs, but I've uninstalled IP, UL, and ITF for now.) Are there family bonding things she can do with her new mother, maybe? I'm just drawing a blank right now.

One thing a kid can do in TS3 that they cannot do in other games is enoy the outside world, who needs toys or video games when they can take their bike anywhere :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Hey, I'm looking for some family play advice in TS3 right now, and I figured you folks might have some ideas.

Right now I'm playing Quailhogs' Vargfjell, and one of his pre-made families was a werewolf father and daughter. Immediately, the father fell in love with someone in town and got married, so now I have a household of three.

What I tend to do with my adult sims is just focus on their LTWs--the father wants a perfect aquarium and the step-mother wants to be a top athlete, so I've just been having him fish all day and having her exercise until she gets tired.

But I don't know what to do with the child, or even what to do with her once she hits her teen years. I don't have any particular goals, and she doesn't really wish for anything.

What activities can a kid do in TS3? (I have all the EPs, but I've uninstalled IP, UL, and ITF for now.) Are there family bonding things she can do with her new mother, maybe? I'm just drawing a blank right now.

There's a lot of things for the kid to do in TS3. Buy a ball to your kid to have in the inventory, when they throw ball it's good for bonding and it also let the mother gain athletic skill. Let them all go fishing together, it's great for bonding too.
    If the kid has the "loves the outdoors" trait they will want to chase each other.
    It's also make Athletic, Science and Military careers perform better and fishing and gardening too.

Just place a lot of things in the house, like chess board, a kids stove, chemistry set, a swing. And also set the high free will to max.
  • uo_ishikawauo_ishikawa Posts: 42 Member
    edited August 2015
    Hitting 903 page,though EA keeps ignoring this thread.

There's a lot of things for the kid to do in TS3. Buy a ball to your kid to have in the inventory, when they throw ball it's good for bonding and it also let the mother gain athletic skill. Let them all go fishing together, it's great for bonding too.
    If the kid has the "loves the outdoors" trait they will want to chase each other.
    It's also make Athletic, Science and Military careers perform better and fishing and gardening too.

Just place a lot of things in the house, like chess board, a kids stove, chemistry set, a swing. And also set the high free will to max.

When I first played TS3, the first family I p,aged was the Goths and Nortimer and Gunther played ball together and I noticed that Gunther had the 'having a blast' moodlet, the first moodlet that I ever saw :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    Thanks for the responses, everyone!

Ooh a ball! That's a great idea! That never even crossed my mind at all. Thank you, @simIrrevirre! I'll get them one the next time I load up the game.

I didn't get much play time tonight, but in the time that I did, I took Scobre's advice and went through the Generations list of things to do, and I also did what King said and let her go outside.

Here are some pictures as a thank you for your advice (please forgive my mediocre graphics; I don't like turning up the settings too high when I'm playing):

This kid's eyes scare me sometimes. But at least she seems to be enjoying her butterfly :D You go, Lilly!
    Screenshot_zpsrxlgxtsa.jpg

I think the butterflies look nice in her room, adding a little bit of color.
    Screenshot-6_zpsaaaltjui.jpg

Lilly's new mother Hedvig is pretty young. She wished to invite her father Frode over to her new home. I'm not sure why he's thinking about ghosts, though XD
    Screenshot-2_zps6yu0yiee.jpg

It started off as a nice family moment. Left on free will, Hedvig decided to kiss her new husband, and Lilly wanted to joke with her new grandpa about shedding fur (while wearing an astronaut suit!). I don't think he can relate, really, but he laughed anyway:
    Screenshot-4_zpsmexe43fx.jpg

Of course, this nice family bonding experience didn't last. It happened to be a full moon, and Frode peed himself when his new son-in-law transformed. Embarrassed, Frode decided to just leave--forget family bonding! I was too busy laughing to take pictures of this, though; sorry about that!

Honestly, werewolves are kind of an acquired taste for me. I didn't start off liking them. But I couldn't help but find this cute:
    Screenshot-8_zpsljjsghbs.jpg

It was an alright day. The werewolf transformation kind of interrupted the family bonding I had planned out, but there was still time for a hug before Lilly had to go to bed:
    Screenshot-9_zpsjwjs6ovj.jpg
  • MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    Finally!
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8742204
    Feel free to throw in a base camp and take your sim families to Australia! I dedicate this world to all the lovely people here and I hope it can cheer a few people up with sunny skies. I know it's not totally finished with all the lots built, but the fishing is fine :tongue: and I need a break.

Do u just need base game 2 get it? (I don't have many TS3 EPS at the mo)

I really don't know how compatability works, with CAW worlds, but some of the trees, most importantly the eucalyptus aren't base game so they would at the very least just not be there.... I guess you could have a a look and see how it goes.

Thanks 4 the info :)
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
    Faridah wrote: »
    You may very well still be able to get TS2 Ultimate. Sometimes you have to try a few times, but I got mine well and truly after the offer ended and it is convenient.

You really think so ? But how ? I mean, where can I ask for it ?

Ask EA support, that's how other people got it :)

@MDancer9112

I sent an email to EA asking for the Ultimate Collection. I sent along a pic with all my Sims 2 cd's lying on my bed. I told them how my laptop wouldn't let me download them and I really wanted to play. It worked. I got the code for it. Just be polite and cute.

Cool!
    I have no idea how I got it, I just found it in my origin account...it was really weird and it says I've had it since last year...
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
    @trollnexus love the pics :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    I feel like this: :)

snapshot_20690c45_0282315d_zpsr29pyukt.jpg
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited August 2015

to provokw wishes let her go places, like send her to the library after school,
    let her fish loving dad take her on a tour in the sience building, then go fishing.
    let her hang out in the park.
    go to the pool with her parents.
    throw a ball with her mom.
    in winther build snowmen and iglo with parents.

oh and often I let kids get atleast 1 skill class when they grow up... either 1 they wish for or 1 that fits their traits.
    and almost allways charisma when they become teens.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • JermanJerman Posts: 128 Member
    Over 900 pages, not one "simguru" has posted.
    starguru wrote: »
    Lots of cute pictures lately; I’ve enjoyed them very much! :)

And I see you have gotten some good replies to your question, @trollnexus, and very cute screenshots! I may also have some more ideas for you. For bonding, I like taking my families to the park/festival grounds and having them do all the seasonal things together; skating, soccer, horseshoes, pie and hot dog eating contests, snowball and water balloon fights, etc.

For individual child activities, I like to check out the traits they have and see if I can find a skill they might be interested in leveling up in, or have them join an afterschool activity. Since your Sim child is a werewolf and has a father who likes fishing, scouting would be good since it will level her up in that skill, plus werewolves can eat fish raw so they’re nice to have on hand, lol. Collecting things is also great for a werewolf child.

If the child has made friends, inviting them over for a slumber party can be fun.

I also really like the costume chest where they can dress up and play pretend, and I sometimes have them put on plays with other children in the household for their parents on a playroom stage, like in this excerpt from my 100 BC story with kids Seth, Shea and Orin and Seth’s imaginary friend B.o.b.o:
    Today’s performance was The Valiant Dragon.

Screenshot-4-2_zpsc8abd24e.jpg

Once upon a time there was a king named Seth who lived in his castle with his daughter, the Fairy Princess Shea.

Screenshot-3-3_zps8d66dcff.jpg

Fairy Princess Shea loved to spend her time riding her palomino pony beyond the castle walls.

Screenshot-5-3_zpsa42a4f47.jpg

One day, while the princess was out riding, a dragon visited the castle. He was answering a want ad for a job guarding the kingdom’s riches. “Oh Great King Seth, I am the Mighty Dragon Orin. I can scare away any bandits who try to steal the treasure from your castle,” the dragon said.

Screenshot-6-2_zpse36f40ef.jpg

“I’m sorry, Mighty Orin, but i’ve already given the post to the sea dragon that lives in our moat,” King Seth said. “We don’t need two dragons to guard the realm’s treasure.”

So Dragon Orin went away, feeling very disappointed.

Screenshot-7-3_zps1dde3d02.jpg

But as he was leaving the kingdom he heard a cry for help.

“HEEEEELLLP!”

Screenshot-8-3_zps370bbd9a.jpg

It was Fairy Princess Shea, and she was being chased by the Black Bandit B.o.b.o!

Even though he hadn’t been given the job at the castle, Dragon Orin knew he must rescue the princess.

“I challenge you to a duel, Black Bandit,” Dragon Orin roared. “If you lose, you must leave this kingdom and never return.”

Screenshot-11-3_zpsb8af40be.jpg

And so the two fought an epic battle of rock, paper, scissors!

Screenshot-9-3_zpsf2053555.jpg

Dragon Orin was triumphant and vanquished Black Bandit B.o.b.o, who ran away in disgrace.

Screenshot-12-2_zps49a0e914.jpg

Screenshot-13-3_zps795dce34.jpg

“My hero!” Exclaimed the princess, and hugged Dragon Orin.

Screenshot-14-4_zpsa1638c93.jpg

He flew back to the castle with Princess Shea, who regaled her father with the valiant deeds of the Mighty Dragon Orin.

Screenshot-15-4_zpse016d471.jpg

“I see,” said King Seth. “Our sea dragon would never have been able to save the princess since it cannot leave the moat. I suppose we need two dragon guards after all. I decree that from this day forward, the Mighty Orin is to guard the Princess Shea whenever she leaves the castle, for she is my greatest treasure.

Screenshot-43_zps62e9fbc7.jpg

“Dragon Orin, you’re hired!”

THE END

Screenshot-2-3_zpsfdd1bad2.jpg

<3
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
    @starguru Love those pics :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Jerman wrote: »

They used to. But apparently they don't want us to think our play style is more important to others according to Drake in a question a while ago. Yeah right-how could anyone think that given how poorly catered to we are in TS4?! I should think we are 'blacklisted' for the kotaku article. If they had answered us that wouldn't have even happened. They chose not to answer us, the poor communication comes from their end!

they don't want us to think they favorit us.... thats their excuse :scream: thats simply rediciculus... ansverign isn't favorisem... unles you only ansvere some... and right now they only ansvere some on what their favorit woohoo spot is and the like... thats fovorisem for woohoo and party.

yes it feels like we as family players are black listed.... she didn't even ansvere my question about 1 of the buttons, becouse the wording sounded like you made share on wall if you pressed it... and I wanted to know if it was so... no word just ansvere others......

they the ones that don't comunicat... I miss respect and honesty and comunication from EA

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    anettesb wrote: »

They used to. But apparently they don't want us to think our play style is more important to others according to Drake in a question a while ago. Yeah right-how could anyone think that given how poorly catered to we are in TS4?! I should think we are 'blacklisted' for the kotaku article. If they had answered us that wouldn't have even happened. They chose not to answer us, the poor communication comes from their end!

they don't want us to think they favorit us.... thats their excuse :scream: thats simply rediciculus... ansverign isn't favorisem... unles you only ansvere some... and right now they only ansvere some on what their favorit woohoo spot is and the like... thats fovorisem for woohoo and party.

yes it feels like we as family players are black listed.... she didn't even ansvere my question about 1 of the buttons, becouse the wording sounded like you made share on wall if you pressed it... and I wanted to know if it was so... no word just ansvere others......

they the ones that don't comunicat... I miss respect and honesty and comunication from EA

So do I, I miss the times when they used to keep everyone updated

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

The fact that many of the gurus that did comunicat is gone is sad, but if the rule from the top is make it YA focus, mobile game like, focus on party... and do not respond to players concerns...... then i don't blame them for finding new work. With caring company. As I would not like to work for a dishonest company.
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    edited August 2015

> This silent is of theirs own making. They're just hoping for family players ( long time simmers ) just go away. And not thinking about any thing else except the target age group,never thinking about most of those kids will be asking theirs parents,grandparents, aunts and uncles(whose are long time simmers) to buy the Sims 4 for them and the long time family players may say No. I hope @SimguruRachel Franklin and @EA read this and realize where the money for theirs games actually come from.Its come from the Long time family players who have the money.
    Post edited by crockatail on
  • mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    When I'm wrong about something I will be the first one to stand up and say I'm wrong. In the beginning of all this It was my belief that EA was the main culprit behind what TS4 started as and what it has become. New info has come to me that says otherwise. It's now my belief that most of this is the direct result of poor decisions by the maxis studio heads. Rachel Franklin, I'm looking at you. Yes, EA had their part to play, but all creative decisions, direction of game, and so forth are all on Maxis.

Two failures in a row for Maxis (IMO). I think it's time to cut the heads off this hydra and it will grow some with a little more...
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited August 2015
    Yeah I miss the family play I mean The Sims was called "the dollhouse" now when I played with my dolls it was a Family I feel stuff is missing when I play I do everything I could do than I'm done. I'm like I have never got this bored with a Sims game but it's the lack of not having family related things in the game and only catering to single sims and YA
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    mmoblitz wrote: »
    When I'm wrong about something I will be the first one to stand up and say I'm wrong. In the beginning of all this It was my belief that EA was the main culprit behind what TS4 started as and what it has become. New info has come to me that says otherwise. It's now my belief that most of this is the direct result of poor decisions by the maxis studio heads. Rachel Franklin, I'm looking at you. Yes, EA had their part to play, but all creative decisions, direction of game, and so forth are all on Maxis.

Two failures in a row for Maxis (IMO). I think it's time to cut the heads off this hydra and it will grow some with a little more...

Oh me too. I was sure that once those in charge saw the real love and passion given by those they cut out they would realise their mistake, apologise and resolve to work on those issues as an actual priority. I used to defend them and advocate for patience.

You know why that ended? The constant excuses and dismissive comments-especially those from Rachel Franklin. She has people genuinely broken hearted about what's gone on telling her clearly what's up and what does she do? Tries to accuse people of expecting expansion content when she knows full well the base was never finished. It's a disgrace and very poor customer service. That's why I no longer have faith-because if the boss won't acknowledge their own failings then there's no way things will improve. Everything will be a band aid, small 'offerings' to try to placate those of us who know they can do infinitely better than this.
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    mmoblitz wrote: »

> Its time for Rachel Franklin to step down,and let one of the other simgurus who know more about the Sims to take over in her place. I'm not saying this because Rachel Franklin is female,since I'm too a female but because she messed up the Sims 4.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top