Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    @Frogprincess_q downloading now <3
    I really hope that it can give you a bit of cheer <3 Generally, I only make stuff for my own enjoyment, but I know a few people here were keen to have a chance to try it out. I'd like to have a go at making a smaller vacation world, next. I woke up at 2 am thinking about it (and haven't been back to sleep yet, lol)

@DaisiesDay :lol: it wasn't really supposed to do that though, lol, but I have spent so many hours and hours and days and days tweaking the weather and then running it in game for a couple of sim weeks after each stage of tweaking, that one or two small transitions going awry will have to be okay
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I will enjoy seeing your hard work @Frogprincess_q :) I have no idea how you have the patience! I dont ;)
  • MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    Lol, I try making TS3 worlds using CAW, I'm soo bad, even with tutorials I'm still bad :D .
    Any tips anyone?
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
    I'm not sure patience is the right word @sparkfairy1 it's been a combination between obsession and trance state :lol:

@MDancer9112 - I would recommend not starting with a huge map, like I did :lol: Just keep going back until things start to look familiar, really. The first time I tried pulling out CAW was years ago and I threw my hands up after just one session. Every now and then I went back and just got confused again. Now, I'm not sure why I was so intimidated all those years ago, but I have to remember it was a long journey.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
    I'm not sure patience is the right word @sparkfairy1 it's been a combination between obsession and trance state :lol:

@MDancer9112 - I would recommend not starting with a huge map, like I did :lol: Just keep going back until things start to look familiar, really. The first time I tried pulling out CAW was years ago and I threw my hands up after just one session. Every now and then I went back and just got confused again. Now, I'm not sure why I was so intimidated all those years ago, but I have to remember it was a long journey.

Thanks 4 the tips, I'll try it again soon :D
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Finally!
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8742204
    Feel free to throw in a base camp and take your sim families to Australia! I dedicate this world to all the lovely people here and I hope it can cheer a few people up with sunny skies. I know it's not totally finished with all the lots built, but the fishing is fine :tongue: and I need a break.

Thanks dear! Can't wait to play it! <3
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
    Finally!
    Feel free to throw in a base camp and take your sim families to Australia! I dedicate this world to all the lovely people here and I hope it can cheer a few people up with sunny skies. I know it's not totally finished with all the lots built, but the fishing is fine :tongue: and I need a break.

Do u just need base game 2 get it? (I don't have many TS3 EPS at the mo)
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
    Going 2 sleep now, byee o:)
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited August 2015
    hello normally i just read some post here and there but i could not resist to post it because i love when my game surprise me:
    i created a family of a famous young acrobat (currently lv 7 and 3 of celebrity) and his wife is a good young stylist (lv 6) both of then live in a good house my currently played world they have a "maid(butler) to help then take care of they little kid
    Screenshot-3.jpg?1440714187
    then today i take the guy to go to his show in the coffee shop which he was dated to do on that day, then i was watching the guy show.
    Screenshot-2.jpg?1440714307
    then when i decided to watch what was happen at house while his wife was with free time, then this surprised me
    Screenshot.jpg?1440714367
    the mother was autonomous playing with her children, when i saw that i was "🐸🐸🐸🐸" and peoples call that sims robots >.>, i really loved watch then play together, that is something which i true love sims 3 and glady which i bought it and can forget sims 4 with they random huges and lack fo good real interactions than just random huges and kisses.

both father and mother love they childs i get a lot of wishes to interact with the kid and they even does that autonomous a lot specially the mother since her have protective, she already tried to teach him to speak 2 times but was interrupted by the father on both that will be slow walk, but is true fun see how then really behavious like a family with the father being a father and a lover with his wife.

this is something which make me feel bad when i look to sims 4 and how it is just a way to greedy over more money.
    Post edited by Ellessarr on
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
    edited August 2015
    Finally!

Do u just need base game 2 get it? (I don't have many TS3 EPS at the mo)

I really don't know how compatability works, with CAW worlds, but some of the trees, most importantly the eucalyptus aren't base game so they would at the very least just not be there.... I guess you could have a a look and see how it goes.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Aww @Ellessarr that's lovely, thank you for sharing :)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Ellessarr

Good pictures :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    clover24 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    @Scobre not long now to see if your wish will come true :tongue: i would like to hope but dont wanna get my hopes up.....do you have any hope?
    Nah I think I lost it awhile ago. Sadly my hope is towards the Sims 5 now, but I could be disappointed again.

Sims 5 you say..........I feel an earthquake coming :wink:

> I feel something else is coming,and I wish I knew what it is.
  • JermanJerman Posts: 128 Member
    edited August 2015
    @Scobre not long now to see if your wish will come true :tongue: i would like to hope but dont wanna get my hopes up.....do you have any hope?
    Nah I think I lost it awhile ago. Sadly my hope is towards the Sims 5 now, but I could be disappointed again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtL6ip9AoEw
  • PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    Jerman wrote: »

Haha! That was the best trailer evor! That release date at the end made me lol.

Happy 900th...don't really feel like celebrating, but I know who does...
    kvCzKMg.gif
    Do your dance EA!
    2750512.gif~c200

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited August 2015
    Faridah wrote: »
    You may very well still be able to get TS2 Ultimate. Sometimes you have to try a few times, but I got mine well and truly after the offer ended and it is convenient.

You really think so ? But how ? I mean, where can I ask for it ?

Ask EA support, that's how other people got it :)

@MDancer9112

I sent an email to EA asking for the Ultimate Collection. I sent along a pic with all my Sims 2 cd's lying on my bed. I told them how my laptop wouldn't let me download them and I really wanted to play. It worked. I got the code for it. Just be polite and cute.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

LOL nice and wow Sims 4 is one step ahead with no roads, awesome. XD
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Late but congratulations page 900!
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    What really gets me is all the YouTube comments about how "fake" the trailer is. I mean, obviously? Do they not understand the concept of a joke? XD

Anyway, honestly at this point I am not even enthusiastic at the idea of a TS5. Not if EA is going to give the developers a low budget and very little time. I would dearly love to have my expectations to be proved wrong, but only time can tell.

Also, congrats on 900 pages! And by congrats, I mean that it's pretty awesome that you folks have stuck around here that long. I hope you all get some answers soon.
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    @Ellessarr, Yes they do a lot of things autonomously.

While the father was teaching their toddler to talk

2lwnaix.jpg

The mother was chatting to a friend on the sidewalk outside her house, the first spring day.

I was busy making sure the older kids got to shool - I have so many kids, sometimes they skip school if the have to wait too long to get inside

When I went back to her I saw this. I didn't know they could do this autonomously - it made me giggle, the portrait doesn't look like her, but she seem quite happy with the result :D

6sw138.jpg

25anr01.jpg

119aydj.jpg

@Frogprincess_q, your world looks great!

• trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    Hey, I'm looking for some family play advice in TS3 right now, and I figured you folks might have some ideas.

Right now I'm playing Quailhogs' Vargfjell, and one of his pre-made families was a werewolf father and daughter. Immediately, the father fell in love with someone in town and got married, so now I have a household of three.

What I tend to do with my adult sims is just focus on their LTWs--the father wants a perfect aquarium and the step-mother wants to be a top athlete, so I've just been having him fish all day and having her exercise until she gets tired.

But I don't know what to do with the child, or even what to do with her once she hits her teen years. I don't have any particular goals, and she doesn't really wish for anything.

What activities can a kid do in TS3? (I have all the EPs, but I've uninstalled IP, UL, and ITF for now.) Are there family bonding things she can do with her new mother, maybe? I'm just drawing a blank right now.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    trollnexus wrote: »
    Hey, I'm looking for some family play advice in TS3 right now, and I figured you folks might have some ideas.

Right now I'm playing Quailhogs' Vargfjell, and one of his pre-made families was a werewolf father and daughter. Immediately, the father fell in love with someone in town and got married, so now I have a household of three.

What I tend to do with my adult sims is just focus on their LTWs--the father wants a perfect aquarium and the step-mother wants to be a top athlete, so I've just been having him fish all day and having her exercise until she gets tired.

But I don't know what to do with the child, or even what to do with her once she hits her teen years. I don't have any particular goals, and she doesn't really wish for anything.

What activities can a kid do in TS3? (I have all the EPs, but I've uninstalled IP, UL, and ITF for now.) Are there family bonding things she can do with her new mother, maybe? I'm just drawing a blank right now.
    Here all the things they can do with the Generations EP: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/generations/children.php
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member

Best clip ever..... made me die of laughter :lol:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top