Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    Here are some of my favourite photos of my current family in Angel City :)

Brother and sister time!
    Screenshot-273_zpsctzqwrun.jpg

Screenshot-274_zpsir6up7gx.jpg

Looks like an angel...
    Screenshot-285_zps4wnjbahs.jpg

Until he's hungry, watch out ;)
    Screenshot-286_zps3a4mqltx.jpg

Aww! Soo cute! <3:)

Can I use them in my toddler video?

Lol a "Zagadoo", wonder who that was from? :p lol.
    We r all too boss 2 be bothered about disagrees B) .
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Absolutely @06Bon06, it sure did!
    Faridah wrote: »
    I send u all my toddler love <3

a217.gif

Oh no :( Can you not get EA to give you the downloads when you register your game? They give you digital copies when you do :)

No, I can't. That's the problem. TS2 there wasn't Origin and my first Origin Account for TS3, I forgot..... a090.gif But maybe it's a sign to save my money for fixing my PC and not waiting any longer, that EA fix TS4 for us c005.gif

Have you had a go at getting the Ultimate Collection for TS2? I don't know what they're thinking not just having it up for sale - perhaps they worry it will outsell TS4 :lol:

I feel I should mention that scary weather like the above post is brief and rare, most of the weather in my world is just about perfect to where I want it to be now :smirk: As it darn well should be after the time I have spent on it!

The only time I've ever seen sims get struck by lightning was in Tikki Island when sims were soaking in hotsprings, it was pretty much every sim getting struck in there in there except mine :D . So I got out of there and into the sauna ASAP!

My sims got struck by lightning there!! In the hotsprings :lol: The above screenshot of mine wasn't lightning though, just a brief transition where my whole sky turned bubblegum pink D:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Sims 2 still has the best family play
    snapshot_cdae71fd_a1be1cb5_zps8abd9ced.jpg

I love TS2!!
    I remember TS4 team did a video on what TS4 should be like a year before it release and they said this:

TS4 is gonna be a mesh between TS3 and TS2.
    (something like that anyway).

The only things similar and the wishes and the emotions and personally I think their terribly portrayed so in my book:

TS3 and TS2 still rule. o:)
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options

a217.gif

Oh no :( Can you not get EA to give you the downloads when you register your game? They give you digital copies when you do :)

No, I can't. That's the problem. TS2 there wasn't Origin and my first Origin Account for TS3, I forgot..... a090.gif But maybe it's a sign to save my money for fixing my PC and not waiting any longer, that EA fix TS4 for us c005.gif

Have you had a go at getting the Ultimate Collection for TS2? I don't know what they're thinking not just having it up for sale - perhaps they worry it will outsell TS4 :lol:

I feel I should mention that scary weather like the above post is brief and rare, most of the weather in my world is just about perfect to where I want it to be now :smirk: As it darn well should be after the time I have spent on it!

The only time I've ever seen sims get struck by lightning was in Tikki Island when sims were soaking in hotsprings, it was pretty much every sim getting struck in there in there except mine :D . So I got out of there and into the sauna ASAP!

My sims got struck by lightning there!! In the hotsprings :lol:

Isn't that weird?! :D
    Maybe its a weather glitch...
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    FaridahFaridah Posts: 171 Member
    You may very well still be able to get TS2 Ultimate. Sometimes you have to try a few times, but I got mine well and truly after the offer ended and it is convenient.

You really think so ? But how ? I mean, where can I ask for it ?

opxgs7vn.jpg
  • Options
    You may very well still be able to get TS2 Ultimate. Sometimes you have to try a few times, but I got mine well and truly after the offer ended and it is convenient.

Ask EA support, that's how other people got it :)
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814708/how-to-get-ts2-ultimate-collection/p1
    I wish you luck. The person I spoke to a few months back was lovely.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Sims 2 still has the best family play
    snapshot_cdae71fd_a1be1cb5_zps8abd9ced.jpg

I love TS2!!
    I remember TS4 team did a video on what TS4 should be like a year before it release and they said this:

TS4 is gonna be a mesh between TS3 and TS2.
    (something like that anyway).

The only things similar and the wishes and the emotions and personally I think their terribly portrayed so in my book:

TS3 and TS2 still rule. o:)

The one part I can sims 4 is actually better than Sims 3 is the really small animation effects.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Congrats on the 900 pages @sparkfairy1
    11962341-numero-900-de-oro-corona-de-laurel-con-el-numero-900-en-el-interior.jpg

Here is a Minion cake:
    despicablemecake1.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Minion!!! :grin:

a217.gif

My sims got struck by lightning there!! In the hotsprings :lol:

Isn't that weird?! :D
    Maybe its a weather glitch...

It was a Sims 2 thing. Hotsprings and lightning = almost a guarantee of getting hit :lol: Dangerous living Sims 2 style.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Options
    FaridahFaridah Posts: 171 Member
    @MDancer9112 and @Frogprincess_q

Thanks a lot a200.gif

I going to try it tomorrow, wish me luck :wink:
    opxgs7vn.jpg
  • Options
    @MDancer9112 and @Frogprincess_q

Thanks a lot a200.gif

I going to try it tomorrow, wish me luck :wink:

Fingers crossed <3
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    Thought you all might like to see this: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783890/sims-4-ideas-for-a-generations-ep#latest, on a long-running Generational-play concept topic. (Not that it's a guarantee of anything happening, of course, but maybe the closest they can get to permission for saying something right now?)
    Thanks for sharing it. I hope you are doing well today luthienrising. Feel free to share any family pictures still too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    I wish you luck @Faridah :)

Only 9 pages to the 1000 mark and what changes have we seen? Have there been enough for a recap? Nearly 1 year along and still waiting...
    @sparkfairy1 much love to you, I really hope you are starting to feel better.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Congrats on the 900 pages @sparkfairy1
    11962341-numero-900-de-oro-corona-de-laurel-con-el-numero-900-en-el-interior.jpg

Here is a Minion cake:
    despicablemecake1.jpg

> Love the cake.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Thought you all might like to see this: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783890/sims-4-ideas-for-a-generations-ep#latest, on a long-running Generational-play concept topic. (Not that it's a guarantee of anything happening, of course, but maybe the closest they can get to permission for saying something right now?)
    Thanks for sharing it. I hope you are doing well today luthienrising. Feel free to share any family pictures still too.

Thanks :) I have to confess, I haven't been playing a family in the game for a while -- I've been mostly building, and before that I was playing a single Sim when I was being frustrated about that rotational play careers bug. But I will try to remember to share here when I have family-play screenshots, not just in the usual threads I share screenshots in :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Thanks :) I have to confess, I haven't been playing a family in the game for a while -- I've been mostly building, and before that I was playing a single Sim when I was being frustrated about that rotational play careers bug. But I will try to remember to share here when I have family-play screenshots, not just in the usual threads I share screenshots in :)
    It's ok and yeah building can be fun to do. Sorry you got that career bug. I don't know why playing rotational is causing bugs like that and others. Cool.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    @Scobre not long now to see if your wish will come true :tongue: i would like to hope but dont wanna get my hopes up.....do you have any hope?
  • Options
    clover24 wrote: »
    @Scobre not long now to see if your wish will come true :tongue: i would like to hope but dont wanna get my hopes up.....do you have any hope?
    Nah I think I lost it awhile ago. Sadly my hope is towards the Sims 5 now, but I could be disappointed again.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Nah I think I lost it awhile ago. Sadly my hope is towards the Sims 5 now, but I could be disappointed again.

Sims 5 you say..........I feel an earthquake coming :wink:
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

It's ok and yeah building can be fun to do. Sorry you got that career bug. I don't know why playing rotational is causing bugs like that and others. Cool.
    It's fixed! It just ended up fixed just when Newcrest showed up.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

It could be really good, or really plum, depends on how it works out, could it be a follow up from TS3, or a step back from even TS4?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

It could be really good, or really plum, depends on how it works out, could it be a follow up from TS3, or a step back from even TS4?
    Yep pretty much.
  • Options
    DaisiesDayDaisiesDay Posts: 913 Member
    edited August 2015
    Everytime I think I have the weather sorted out I get something weird like this:

screenshot_original.jpg
    This is a strange transition between a storm and my bushfire sky special sky condition. The game also decided that bushfire sky would work just fine as a rainy weather too, which was weird. I think I really need to take a break from trying to get the weather perfect though. I've been driving myself a little batty. I'm uploading Alpha version at the moment so I can go and maybe do something else for a little while, lol. I'm thinking a somewhat smaller size map next time around, although I love the overall feel of wide open space which was the main thing that I was aiming for :)

@Frogprincess_q, I think it looks good! I really like the coloring of the sky in that picture.

Edited to make sense! LOL
  • Options
    It's fixed! It just ended up fixed just when Newcrest showed up.
    Oh that's good. So hopefully you can play rotationally safely now. That is one of my play styles too.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top