Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    Maybe 4 EA it'll be a wake up call! :D

> EA/Maxis did it to themselves,not thinking about what will happen if long time Simmers stop playing and buying anything for the Sims 4. Not thinking that some of the target age group might be asking theirs parents to buy the Sims 4 for them.And the Long time Simmers will said NO.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited August 2015
    Thought you all might like to see this: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783890/sims-4-ideas-for-a-generations-ep#latest, on a long-running Generational-play concept topic. (Not that it's a guarantee of anything happening, of course, but maybe the closest they can get to permission for saying something right now?)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @SimGuruDaniel has always been supportive as much as possible @luthienrising thank you for showing us :)

Sorry everyone, with not feeling well I needed some time away to recuperate a bit. I hope to be back now, but if I am quiet you know why. I am still here in spirit and quietly behind the scenes anyway to check on you all *big cuddles*

I did manage to play some sims for the first time in ages too which made me happier :) I downloaded a longer pregnancy mod and coupled with the NRass mod where they only get 10% chance of contraception and no baby chime its really made my game feel much more realistic :) I will have pictures for you in a bit :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @SimGuruDaniel has always been supportive as much as possible @luthienrising thank you for showing us :)

Sorry everyone, with not feeling well I needed some time away to recuperate a bit. I hope to be back now, but if I am quiet you know why. I am still here in spirit and quietly behind the scenes anyway to check on you all *big cuddles*

I did manage to play some sims for the first time in ages too which made me happier :) I downloaded a longer pregnancy mod and coupled with the NRass mod where they only get 10% chance of contraception and no baby chime its really made my game feel much more realistic :) I will have pictures for you in a bit :)

How long is the pregnancy with the mod?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    crockatail wrote: »
    Mylita wrote: »
    I upgraded one of my computers to Windows 10, but when I read more and realized that Microsoft (through Win 10) will decide what on my computer is to be saved/backed up to Microsoft's cloud and what will remain on my machine AND backed up to Microsoft's cloud, I drew the line. I have my own backup and don't need anyone's cloud. Plus, after a year, Microsoft will be charging for the stuffs stored on their cloud. I don't want that EVER! So, I rolled back to what I already had, which you can do without charge within 30 days of installation. My thoughts about Microsoft are not at all charitable atm....

/sorry rant off.....

Sorry to go off topic, but thought you should know what you are getting into.

Mylita

I do not like Windows 10 privacy issues, so I'm waiting to see if something happens with the criticism it received. You can leave free upgrade for July 2016 or stick with Windows 7 until April 2020. There’s really no rush. I might even go back to use Ubuntu again.

> yesterday I said I did my research on window 10,I knew there problems with it.And that the only Sims 4 is the only one of the Sims games that is playable with window 10.

I am playing sims 2, 3 and 4 on windows 10. I did have a couple glitches with 2 but its been sorted out and runs great now. I did have to putit in compat,ibility mode with windows 7. I also used the graphic rule maker to fix the 800 resolution it was stuck in. But I have been playing 2 for a couple days now problem free.
  • Options

How long is the pregnancy with the mod?

You choose which 'flavour' of mod to download so essentially you choose how long/short it is :)
  • Options
    Wonderful @GrayLady2010 <3

900 Pages?! You guys are on fire! ;)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Here are some of my favourite photos of my current family in Angel City :)

Brother and sister time!
    Screenshot-273_zpsctzqwrun.jpg

Screenshot-274_zpsir6up7gx.jpg

Looks like an angel...
    Screenshot-285_zps4wnjbahs.jpg

Until he's hungry, watch out ;)
    Screenshot-286_zps3a4mqltx.jpg

Nice pictures :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    Here are some of my favourite photos of my current family in Angel City :)

Brother and sister time!
    Screenshot-273_zpsctzqwrun.jpg

Screenshot-274_zpsir6up7gx.jpg

Looks like an angel...
    Screenshot-285_zps4wnjbahs.jpg

Until he's hungry, watch out ;)
    Screenshot-286_zps3a4mqltx.jpg

Aww! Soo cute! <3:)

Can I use them in my toddler video?
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • Options
  • Options
    Thank you :)
    If you like @MDancer9112 :)

Thanks! o:)
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    FaridahFaridah Posts: 171 Member
    Honestly, I'm a little jealous, if I see all your cute toddlers.... c021.gif My DVD/CD Rom player is still broken, so I have to deal with being without them.... a032.gif
    opxgs7vn.jpg
  • Options
    Faridah wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm a little jealous, if I see all your cute toddlers.... c021.gif My DVD/CD Rom player is still broken, so I have to deal with being without them.... a032.gif

I send u all my toddler love <3
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options

Oh no :( Can you not get EA to give you the downloads when you register your game? They give you digital copies when you do :)
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Everytime I think I have the weather sorted out I get something weird like this:

screenshot_original.jpg
    This is a strange transition between a storm and my bushfire sky special sky condition. The game also decided that bushfire sky would work just fine as a rainy weather too, which was weird. I think I really need to take a break from trying to get the weather perfect though. I've been driving myself a little batty. I'm uploading Alpha version at the moment so I can go and maybe do something else for a little while, lol. I'm thinking a somewhat smaller size map next time around, although I love the overall feel of wide open space which was the main thing that I was aiming for :)
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options

a217.gif

Oh no :( Can you not get EA to give you the downloads when you register your game? They give you digital copies when you do :)

No, I can't. That's the problem. TS2 there wasn't Origin and my first Origin Account for TS3, I forgot..... a090.gif But maybe it's a sign to save my money for fixing my PC and not waiting any longer, that EA fix TS4 for us c005.gif

opxgs7vn.jpg
  • Options
    Aww fixing your machine is an investment worth having I would say @Faridah although I am sorry you are stuck with that issue! :)
  • Options

a217.gif

No, I can't. That's the problem. TS2 there wasn't Origin and my first Origin Account for TS3, I forgot..... a090.gif But maybe it's a sign to save my money for fixing my PC and not waiting any longer, that EA fix TS4 for us c005.gif

Have you had a go at getting the Ultimate Collection for TS2? I don't know what they're thinking not just having it up for sale - perhaps they worry it will outsell TS4 :lol:

I feel I should mention that scary weather like the above post is brief and rare, most of the weather in my world is just about perfect to where I want it to be now :smirk: As it darn well should be after the time I have spent on it!

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options

a217.gif

Have you had a go at getting the Ultimate Collection for TS2? I don't know what they're thinking not just having it up for sale - perhaps they worry it will outsell TS4 :lol:

I feel I should mention that scary weather like the above post is brief and rare, most of the weather in my world is just about perfect to where I want it to be now :smirk: As it darn well should be after the time I have spent on it!

The only time I've ever seen sims get struck by lightning was in Tikki Island when sims were soaking in hotsprings, it was pretty much every sim getting struck in there in there except mine :D . So I got out of there and into the sauna ASAP!
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    Finally!
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8742204
    Feel free to throw in a base camp and take your sim families to Australia! I dedicate this world to all the lovely people here and I hope it can cheer a few people up with sunny skies. I know it's not totally finished with all the lots built, but the fishing is fine :tongue: and I need a break.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Options
    @Frogprincess_q
    No, I missed the chance of the Ultimate Collection and wasn't worry about it, because I have ALL the CD's from TS2 at home.....and now right after the gamescom with this....hm....spectacular announcement of Rachel Franklin, my DVD/CD Rom player stoppt working a037.gif
    opxgs7vn.jpg
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Sims 2 still has the best family play
    snapshot_cdae71fd_a1be1cb5_zps8abd9ced.jpg
  • Options
    You may very well still be able to get TS2 Ultimate. Sometimes you have to try a few times, but I got mine well and truly after the offer ended and it is convenient.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top