Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    The groups thing does seem very intriguing, since I've always wanted to create a caste system, and it's been an idea that's been explored in TS2's Apartment Life, TS3's University Life, and The Urbz (console version of the game). For TS2 AL, I didn't really like the way the social groups turned out (they didn't have much distinction other than goofy greetings), but I loved the reputation system. TS3's UL would have been more interesting if people from the hometown autonomously went to university, too, so that they could also be part of those groups. The Urbz's social group system was pretty darn cool, though.

Of course, I'm not going to get too excited about Get Together just yet. I'm going to basically wait until all the bugs/issues are ironed out. If that takes years, so be it; I have other ways to occupy my time :D
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    trollnexus wrote: »
    The groups thing does seem very intriguing, since I've always wanted to create a caste system, and it's been an idea that's been explored in TS2's Apartment Life, TS3's University Life, and The Urbz (console version of the game). For TS2 AL, I didn't really like the way the social groups turned out (they didn't have much distinction other than goofy greetings), but I loved the reputation system. TS3's UL would have been more interesting if people from the hometown autonomously went to university, too, so that they could also be part of those groups. The Urbz's social group system was pretty darn cool, though.

Of course, I'm not going to get too excited about Get Together just yet. I'm going to basically wait until all the bugs/issues are ironed out. If that takes years, so be it; I have other ways to occupy my time :D

I agree about the social groups in TS3 University Life, not so keen on a Sim become a nerd just because they played a computer game though lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    edited August 2015

I agree about the social groups in TS3 University Life, not so keen on a Sim become a nerd just because they played a computer game though lol

Omg seriously! It would get so annoying. Practically all of my sims autonomously became nerds XD

I feel like they have a lot of good ideas, but the implementation tends to leave a lot to be desired.

Omg seriously! It would get so annoying. Practically all of my sims autonomously became nerds XD

I feel like they have a lot of good ideas, but the implementation tends to leave a lot to be desired.

I see it is a mild oversight, it is easy to prevent Sims from getting too much social levels and sometimes it is fun to let the social levels drop :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2015
    Ooh 900 pages soon. So yeah I finally got the courage to visit my Sims 2 save file. House still needs work but I have pictures to share.

This was my corgi chow chow mix dog that I lost. His name was Wesley.
    snapshot_227d0eea_02ea4853_zpszoggt1ew.jpg

This is my cat Sasha playing with my brother and sister in the picture. She's a really dark calico cat, but her face is light and has a Phantom of the Opera coloring with it in black.
    snapshot_227d0eea_a2ea480b_zpswa4gatsi.jpg
    snapshot_227d0eea_82ea4787_zpsnmop5dt6.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Beautiful animals @Scobre <3
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Beautiful animals @Scobre <3
    Thank you, I'm still working on the house. I have a pond of fish too which you can kind of see in the first picture. So many pine trees I have to put on that lot. I am worried about showing the entire thing of my real house for safety reasons. For some reason the upstairs isn't matching up right yet.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    I'm hoping to get an Alpha version of my Australian world up in the next day or two. Mostly, all that's left is building stuff on the lots and adding Sims, but getting colour ramps and weather patterns just so is sending me around the bend :lol: I really want to get it just right, but "good enough" may have to do :tired_face:

screenshot_original.jpg
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    Morning guys!
    I'm gonna go play some more TS2 UC, now I know how, I'll post more pics <3
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
    Morning guys!
    I'm gonna go play some more TS2 UC, now I know how, I'll post more pics <3

I might have to share some pics today as well :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Everything seems soooooooo quiet! Its slightly disturbing!! :worried:
  • Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    edited August 2015
    So.. I was hopeful that the new EP would add some kind of child gameplay, with the introduction of clubs, etc.. but I'm pretty sure now that it's actually just a twisted joke.

From this article:

you can pick their preferred hangout location
    - Oh? You mean.. at the gym.. the bar.. the lounge.. or maybe the park? 'Hangout' areas are not exactly numerous in this drastically small game.

they can act against the things they’d typically do if the rules of the Club dictate it
    - I'm not sure about any of you.. but the traits my sims have in TS4 are meaningless. It doesn't affect gameplay at all, except a few 'emotion' buffers at times. And ps. Why would a sim join a club that dictates AGAINST their personality?

We want players to create Clubs for anything and everything they love doing in the game.
    - Yeah? Can we have a club for moms to show off their babies or toddlers? Oh, no? Because the babies are bassinets and the toddlers don't exist? Right.

I can pick that article apart a lot more.. but.. those were the main things that stood out to me.
    I'm so disappointed in all of this.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    clover24 wrote: »
    Yes it is very quiet. {sigh}
    It isn't just this thread either, it's the entire forum from what I see.
    I'm going to try again today to get TS2 to launch but I'm not holding my breath...
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
    I'm going to try again today to get TS2 to launch but I'm not holding my breath...

People are giving up. You can only take so much.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Maybe 4 EA it'll be a wake up call! :D
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »

Screenshot-265_zpsdfa3248c.jpg
    Screenshot-272_zps7914e2c7.jpg
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”

... I needed that. :)
    Love that toddler!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AnarayneAnarayne Posts: 47 Member

Aww...look at the cute toddler!

Aww, super cute!! <3
    Can I use her in my video 2?

giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^

Aww, super cute!! <3
    Can I use her in my video 2?
    Sure!
    Thanks @GrayLady2010 !
    Just click my siggy and the rest will follow!
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
    I keep posting my little vamp cause I love him to death. I wish i could remember his name! Lol.

Screenshot-374_zps7c39e52e.jpg
    @GrayLady2010

Cute toddler :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @GrayLady2010

Cute toddler :smile:
    Thanks!
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    So.. I was hopeful that the new EP would add some kind of child gameplay, with the introduction of clubs, etc.. but I'm pretty sure now that it's actually just a twisted joke.

From this article:

you can pick their preferred hangout location
    - Oh? You mean.. at the gym.. the bar.. the lounge.. or maybe the park? 'Hangout' areas are not exactly numerous in this drastically small game.

they can act against the things they’d typically do if the rules of the Club dictate it
    - I'm not sure about any of you.. but the traits my sims have in TS4 are meaningless. It doesn't affect gameplay at all, except a few 'emotion' buffers at times. And ps. Why would a sim join a club that dictates AGAINST their personality?

We want players to create Clubs for anything and everything they love doing in the game.
    - Yeah? Can we have a club for moms to show off their babies or toddlers? Oh, no? Because the babies are bassinets and the toddlers don't exist? Right.

I can pick that article apart a lot more.. but.. those were the main things that stood out to me.
    I'm so disappointed in all of this.

> I'm trying to find the logic in this game,but the way Sims 4 is set up Its HIGHLY ILLOGICAL! And before anybody said I sound like Mr. Spock of Star Trek,I'll said Thank You.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top