Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ZeeGee's Picturesque Thank You Thread

Comments

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited August 2015
    Oh what a nice fashion show! Your creativity continually blows me away. Just a few months ago I started to put in my first mods (Relativity because after coming back to The Sims 3 I was shocked to see how fast the game clock ran! A mod to slow down cars so they don't whip around the streets, etc...) so you can see how far behind I am when it comes to custom content. You really have an eye for design it seems...is that your profession by any chance?

@WaterHornet Thank you so much! Design is not my profession, though how fun that would be! I have a lot of the Nraas mods, I love them! As for cc, I tried to go cc-free but there are some things I really missed. Like cool cars, makeup and nail polish. Oh and wood patterns and hair! But I've cut way back just because huge amounts cause game lag even on the best computer (even when you compress them) :) Coming back to S3? Did you wander away to S4 for awhile? Glad you're back. ;) You're nice to have around. Funny AND generous, can't beat that. :*
    Wow, look at Maureen! Did you change her nose? :open_mouth:

@mothersuperior2 Erm, I aged her down so she could wear that swimsuit. But don't worry, I aged her right back up. Don't you wish we could do that in real life?!
    scillakees wrote: »
    I made them both as good as my talents allowed. I think ZG fixed both of them and made both of them awesome.

@scillakees It was all you! No sliders were used. I just put makeup and fancy hair on them. :)

Well zagadoo, them gurus have added another word to my vocabulary. Yes, I actually use sul sul, dag dag, and plum in everyday language now. :D

EDIT: They did remove a word from my vocabulary. I used to say WOO HOO for excitement. Had to change that to YEE HAW!

@gnlovew Thank you so much for the gift of the background! Some day I'll figure out how to use it. :D
  • Options
    WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    Yeah I tried TS4 and what a waste of time and money that felt like. I never, ever thought I would say that about a Sims game, but, there you have it. After I shelved that game I said to myself, "You know, I've seen some players say they could never go back to TS3 because of the lack of multitasking, emotions (HAHA! What a jacked up system that turned out to be), [insert changed system here] but I wonder how much I'll be missing out on? Let's fire the game up and find out..." Find out I did; I found that I missed nothing The Sims 4 had to offer. Comparing 3 to 4, 4 looks and plays like a half finished undergrad project. It was just such a mess. I knew something was wrong when I started to feel bored after playing for a few hours. I played each base game for months when they were released before I felt like more content was needed. And then, out of curiosity, I wondered if the official web page was still working and it is! Quite well mind you! I even forgot about the Store completely; though, to be honest, now that I'm back I remember when the Bonus SimPoints program was first rolled out. I would get a few ads a week and most of them glitched out. I guess I got frustrated after a while and eventually just wandered away because I wasn't about to spend the amount of cash it would take to buy the store content I wanted. And just recently I found out TS2 had a store! After all this time I never knew that so you can see how out of touch I can get :) But, I'm glad I'm back and seeing the community so alive, active, and what seems like expanding makes me happy. What a great place to hang out :D As for being generous, thank you, but I feel it's my duty, because the bonus points come easily to my account, to gift everything I can to everyone who has a wishlist. Knowing how much the Store costs (and I can only imagine what the adjusted prices are elsewhere, where different currency and exchange rates take place) means I'm pretty much obligated to use my free points to give free items to everyone. This entire community deserves it since I don't think I've come across one person who was grumpy, mean, combative, nasty, etc. Good people deserve good things <3
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @ZeeGee Sweet Mother of Robots!! :fearful: How did you convince Alfa to pose in her underwear on the internet!? :worried: As her agent I demand at least half of the :cookie: she sold her dignity for! :weary:
  • Options
    rionismynamerionismyname Posts: 1,154 Member
    Yeah I tried TS4 and what a waste of time and money that felt like. I never, ever thought I would say that about a Sims game, but, there you have it. After I shelved that game I said to myself, "You know, I've seen some players say they could never go back to TS3 because of the lack of multitasking, emotions (HAHA! What a jacked up system that turned out to be), [insert changed system here] but I wonder how much I'll be missing out on? Let's fire the game up and find out..." Find out I did; I found that I missed nothing The Sims 4 had to offer. Comparing 3 to 4, 4 looks and plays like a half finished undergrad project. It was just such a mess. I knew something was wrong when I started to feel bored after playing for a few hours. I played each base game for months when they were released before I felt like more content was needed. And then, out of curiosity, I wondered if the official web page was still working and it is! Quite well mind you! I even forgot about the Store completely; though, to be honest, now that I'm back I remember when the Bonus SimPoints program was first rolled out. I would get a few ads a week and most of them glitched out. I guess I got frustrated after a while and eventually just wandered away because I wasn't about to spend the amount of cash it would take to buy the store content I wanted. And just recently I found out TS2 had a store! After all this time I never knew that so you can see how out of touch I can get :) But, I'm glad I'm back and seeing the community so alive, active, and what seems like expanding makes me happy. What a great place to hang out :D As for being generous, thank you, but I feel it's my duty, because the bonus points come easily to my account, to gift everything I can to everyone who has a wishlist. Knowing how much the Store costs (and I can only imagine what the adjusted prices are elsewhere, where different currency and exchange rates take place) means I'm pretty much obligated to use my free points to give free items to everyone. This entire community deserves it since I don't think I've come across one person who was grumpy, mean, combative, nasty, etc. Good people deserve good things <3

if I could extra like that I would well said @WaterHornet

AlphaFen wrote: »
    @ZeeGee Sweet Mother of Robots!! :fearful: How did you convince Alfa to pose in her underwear on the internet!? :worried: As her agent I demand at least half of the :cookie: she sold her dignity for! :weary:

literally loled and my youngest wanted to know what I was lol at I didnt know how to tell him thankfully he forgot in like 3 seconds lol
    I'm a lover not a fighter. I'm a reader not a writer sorry for bad penmanship
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    @WaterHornet We have Sims to do all those nasty things for us! o:)
    @rionismyname it's even harder to explain if you snort ... especially if you have coffee at the time. :)
    ZG have fun with Maureen, the elder; or more fun with Mo, the Adult. Young adult Juniper seems to have most fun of all, (guess it's a nickname). B)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    @WaterHornet We have Sims to do all those nasty things for us! o:)
    @rionismyname it's even harder to explain if you snort ... especially if you have coffee at the time. :)
    ZG have fun with Maureen, the elder; or more fun with Mo, the Adult. Young adult Juniper seems to have most fun of all, (guess it's a nickname). B)

furtunaly I finished my coffee before reading I think Ill get another cup though
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    @WaterHornet I haven't tried S4, can't do without my color wheel! And I would really miss the open world. I think I will be playing Sims 3 for years to come. Unless Sims 5 has a color wheel and open world. :D I too was outraged by the cost of store items prior to knowing you could click ads and get stuff for free. Well, thanks for all you do for the community!

@AlphaFen She did it for free!! She heard Logan was going to be in the audience. Her exact words were, "Hey, it worked for Princess Kate" :D:D
  • Options
    Roxie's fellow models have challenged her to stand still and not talk for 5 whole minutes. If you think she can make it, raise your hand. Is your hand raised? Use it to slap yourself for being so gullible. :D
    Screenshot-22_zpsasqs2z7k.jpg
    Thanks @gnlovew for the Tight and Modern style top :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    friday027friday027 Posts: 610 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @friday027 has a new line of swimwear! We predict that this new venture will be a huge success for @friday027, as are most of her ventures! Successful, that is.

Pippi strikes a post in the Beady Tankini with Beady Bikini bottom.
    Thanks for the swim set, Friday! :kissing_heart:

Are you sure that's swim wear Pippi is wearing? It looks more like something I'd sleep in... But, maybe I'm doing it all wrong.

I am also not a steampunk fan, but those wings on Treble are outrageous! Where did you get those? I think I might like to sport a pair at the next big party I attend!! :wink::D

• Options
    friday027friday027 Posts: 610 Member
  • Options
    gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @WaterHornet I haven't tried S4, can't do without my color wheel! And I would really miss the open world. I think I will be playing Sims 3 for years to come. Unless Sims 5 has a color wheel and open world. :D I too was outraged by the cost of store items prior to knowing you could click ads and get stuff for free. Well, thanks for all you do for the community!

@AlphaFen She did it for free!! She heard Logan was going to be in the audience. Her exact words were, "Hey, it worked for Princess Kate" :D:D

I was so excited for S4, and it just makes me so claustrophobic!! Between being trapped on one lot, then having to deal with the loading screens, I just can't play it. I was so happy to get the demo, loved making the sims, even with the restriction of not having the color wheel or patterns, but unless you just want to build or make sims (which I do love to do), it's no fun. I like to be able to play as well. :smile:

You're welcome for the top! I've had a horrible time with the ads lately, awful Turkish Airlines!! :angry: I love the models and runway, Alpha is particularly stunning!

You mentioned using the pose playing in a different folder? I wondered if you played the models or only used them in a story. (Does that make sense?)

I hope everyone's having a good week. OE has been hairy lately, so free time has been spent either in a book, or in-game. :grin: Big hugs! :heart:

• Options
    @ZeeGee yeah the missing color wheel and lack of an open world are awful! Everything looks the same no matter what you do. And the Sims don't react to their surroundings; they pretty much have a permanent, plastic smile slapped on even when a loved one drops dead right in front of them! In The Sims 3 the reactions are a bit too sensitive but I'd rather have the family rush from clear across a huge lot to mourn a death. It does come off a bit extreme in TS3 since there's no way, in real life anyway, that one could detect a death through walls and across vast distances but it added that little touch of realism making the game feel organic and not just a bundle of cold calculations behind a simulation. You're not missing much skipping out on TS4. If it comes up on Game Time or whatever it's called in Origin, where you can try it for a few days for free, then you owe it to yourself to at least give it a look. I know it made me appreciate The Sims 3 much more than I already did. The ONLY thing I really liked about TS4 was the graphics...but pretty graphics don't hide glaring coding flaws and lackluster gameplay for long. Here's to hoping The Sims 5 comes out since they said if 4 doesn't do well financially then the franchise will be over. if it does come out then I hope they learned a hard lesson on what the hardcore players want. None of this "control one Sim at a time" nonsense and what comes off as being pretty much an online only, MMO-ish Sims game that had a sudden reversal close to launch facilitating huge portions of the game to be removed that depended on this scheme.
    Interestingly, I found this article about the upcoming Get Together expansion (you can read it here. This lady was also on the SimCity team and you can see how that went...) but what really got me was that, apparently, The Sims 4 was explained to be a "live service" which I find totally unbearable. It's basically saying, "We're going to release a lot of stuff at an even more intense pace than The Sims 3" and I, personally, found TS3 to get out of hand towards the end. But this, this is just blowing my mind because it seems like a new retail something is going to be released every...single...month. That can potentially rack up to a lot more money than what we spent in a year with TS3. I've seen people who suddenly hate The Sims 3 and complain about the store and how much everything cost, but the way I operated was the stuff that was released in traditional retail settings was pretty much necessary (except for Kathy Perry's Sweet Treats and Movie Stuff...how they even happened I have no idea...) and the stuff from the store was just sugar on top if you really, really wanted it. And for us US residents we could, essentially, pay Maxis by sitting through advertisements to buy store stuff. Keep in mind too that if the advertisement program wasn't generating profit they'd have terminated it long ago. The fact that it's still running strong is a good indication that the store is doing just fine for now. I'm glad The Sims 3 is still generating interest because I've gotten to know a lot of awesome players! :D
  • Options
    sims 2 and 3 are just simply the best and I agree with many of you the color wheel, cant go without anymore that is the whole reason I wont try sims 4 aside from the demo the demo ruind it for me I was so excited to try it and so crushed that the "advanced create a sim" was so lackluster dull and depressing
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    It's a good job I have plenty of stuff to keep me occupied for years, in TS3, and TS2. It would be a shame if TS4 killed off its' creator, but really, they only have themselves to blame. If they paid more attention to new TS3 players, they could continue to make money.

@gnlovew was wondering where you'd got to! Missed you. :o

Have you seen the Sunset Flip contest? That should keep you busy on sleepless nights @WaterHornet.

Bet you can hardly wait for Friday and your new games @rionismyname, suggest you play Into the Future first, because once you go to Island Paradise, you may never come out! B)
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    @mothersuperior2 I do plan to play into the future first but mainly because thats the one Im most looking forward to its the planting indoors the new plants and yup I wanna build a robot lol also cant wait to go diving in island paradise and build houseboats oooo I'm just so excited lol
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    Enjoy yourself Rion, you sound like you will be missing for a while! @rionismyname

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    Enjoy yourself Rion, you sound like you will be missing for a while! @rionismyname

yup I probably will lol but Im still here for 2 days then I might go MIA
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif
  • Options
    @mothersuperior2 Who is this Juniper??!!
    gnlovew wrote: »
    I've had a horrible time with the ads lately, awful Turkish Airlines!! :angry: I love the models and runway, Alpha is particularly stunning!

You mentioned using the pose playing in a different folder? I wondered if you played the models or only used them in a story. (Does that make sense?)

^^^^Did you see this @friday027?! Another very unhappy camper with those stinking Turkish Airlines ads. I'm hardly getting any points cause of those stupid things not paying out and it's about the only ad I get! Is there anyone we can complain to that will do any good?

@gnlovew Thank you :) I did love how Alfa turned out. And yes, that made sense. The models are 'copies' of my real sims that I play. I copy/pasted my real game into a different EA folder so that I can add a bunch of CC, download sims and use the pose player without worrying about it messing up my real game. I have four different EA folders! My real game, my picture game, my 'no cc' game to build in, and my Lucky palms game. I must drop whichever folder I want to play into documents. :)

@WaterHornet I missed the free trial of S4 cause I was out of the country, but I'm not that worried about it. I did try the free part where you make sims. I liked the sliders, that was pretty cool. And I liked the cute little 'look up and grin' expression. I didn't like that they look like cartoons. In the pictures that I've seen the landscape and housing looks very cartoonish too. I also heard a lot of complaints from friends on a different forum that after playing for a couple of hours they were bored.

@rionismyname Enjoy your new games!
    It's a good job I have plenty of stuff to keep me occupied for years, in TS3, and TS2. It would be a shame if TS4 killed off its' creator, but really, they only have themselves to blame. If they paid more attention to new TS3 players, they could continue to make money.

*CLAPS FRANTICALLY AND CHEERS!*
  • Options
    :( It's still so sad t hear how many Simmers are depressed by The Sims 4. Like, I don't know, I just get this weird feeling like I'm somehow cheating on my spouse or something equally horrid by staying away from 4. I don't mind the sort of chunky, cartoonish graphics and in a way I like the look of the game overall, but it stinks that all that gloss covers up some truly abysmal gameplay. Plus the little tiny "worlds"...I took one look at that and was like "Am I seeing this correctly? Where am I supposed to put all my stuff! And why am I gridlocked into the world? I don't like it and I want to change things up...oh wait, I can't! Why did they take all my control away?" I mean, I know the generation gap maybe be widening a bit as little kids become more involved in video games. I think that's something even here that I sometimes forget; I may not be dealing with grown ups all the time and without a point of reference I guess I default to thinking everyone is around my age (31). The thing that I don't get is that all of us "hardcore" players are the ones they should be paying the most attention to. We're the ones who lined their pockets with obscene amounts of cash to even facilitate a fourth installment! We're the ones that, if you make us happy, give great reviews, spread good vibes around by positive word-of-mouth advertising (which is FREE!!!), and willingly throw money in their faces and say "MUST HAB MOAR SIMZ FOOR!" For us to not bother...I don't know, I just don't see how the game is making nay money.
    @rionismyname you're going to LOVE the expansions!!! We'll be seeing you in what, about I month I'll guess? :)
  • Options

@gnlovew was wondering where you'd got to! Missed you. :o

Have you seen the Sunset Flip contest? That should keep you busy on sleepless nights @WaterHornet.

Bet you can hardly wait for Friday and your new games @rionismyname, suggest you play Into the Future first, because once you go to Island Paradise, you may never come out! B)

Thank you @mothersuperior2, we've had a shift in the weather here, and it hasn't agreed with my head. The forums have been too bright, and have moved too quickly for my poor brain! :grin: I've tried to play a bit, and be on My Page, but it's slow going. :smile: I thought Juniper was beautiful too, by the way. :wink:

@ZeeGee, you're welcome! :smiley: Sorry my gifting has been so stingy lately, it IS those blasted Turkish Airlines commercials! :rage::angry: They make me so angry, then I get frustrated and stop trying to get points. :frowning: I've had better fortune the last two days, but it only takes two or three of those TA ads for me to just fuzz out.

@ZeeGee yeah the missing color wheel and lack of an open world are awful! Everything looks the same no matter what you do. And the Sims don't react to their surroundings; they pretty much have a permanent, plastic smile slapped on even when a loved one drops dead right in front of them! In The Sims 3 the reactions are a bit too sensitive but I'd rather have the family rush from clear across a huge lot to mourn a death. It does come off a bit extreme in TS3 since there's no way, in real life anyway, that one could detect a death through walls and across vast distances but it added that little touch of realism making the game feel organic and not just a bundle of cold calculations behind a simulation. You're not missing much skipping out on TS4. If it comes up on Game Time or whatever it's called in Origin, where you can try it for a few days for free, then you owe it to yourself to at least give it a look. I know it made me appreciate The Sims 3 much more than I already did. The ONLY thing I really liked about TS4 was the graphics...but pretty graphics don't hide glaring coding flaws and lackluster gameplay for long. Here's to hoping The Sims 5 comes out since they said if 4 doesn't do well financially then the franchise will be over. if it does come out then I hope they learned a hard lesson on what the hardcore players want. None of this "control one Sim at a time" nonsense and what comes off as being pretty much an online only, MMO-ish Sims game that had a sudden reversal close to launch facilitating huge portions of the game to be removed that depended on this scheme.
    Interestingly, I found this article about the upcoming Get Together expansion (you can read it here. This lady was also on the SimCity team and you can see how that went...) but what really got me was that, apparently, The Sims 4 was explained to be a "live service" which I find totally unbearable. It's basically saying, "We're going to release a lot of stuff at an even more intense pace than The Sims 3" and I, personally, found TS3 to get out of hand towards the end. But this, this is just blowing my mind because it seems like a new retail something is going to be released every...single...month. That can potentially rack up to a lot more money than what we spent in a year with TS3. I've seen people who suddenly hate The Sims 3 and complain about the store and how much everything cost, but the way I operated was the stuff that was released in traditional retail settings was pretty much necessary (except for Kathy Perry's Sweet Treats and Movie Stuff...how they even happened I have no idea...) and the stuff from the store was just sugar on top if you really, really wanted it. And for us US residents we could, essentially, pay Maxis by sitting through advertisements to buy store stuff. Keep in mind too that if the advertisement program wasn't generating profit they'd have terminated it long ago. The fact that it's still running strong is a good indication that the store is doing just fine for now. I'm glad The Sims 3 is still generating interest because I've gotten to know a lot of awesome players! :D

@WaterHornet, I agree, for me, Sims 4 is just impossible to play. It doesn't matter how many expansions you put out if the game is just no fun. I have no idea what they thought they were doing, but for the time and thought put into it, it just wasn't well executed. :disappointed: I was so excited about it, because I love my TS3 so much. I wish we had more store for TS3, I'd keep investing in that. I have no desire to spend money on TS4. I guess I'll have to hunt for a copy of TS2 if I want a different sims experience. You're also right in saying that there are so many incredible people on here playing and supporting each other! :smiley::heart:

I've missed everyone, ZeeGee, sorry, don't mean to hog your thread. :grin:

Hugs! :heart:

• Options
    jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    edited August 2015
    Hi @ZeeGee ! *waves* I just popped in to check out the newest fashions. The angels/devils :open_mouth: look amazing! <3
    Just curious why you have a separate folder for Lucky Palms? Custom content? Ok, back to my backups.. I only let myself out to play for a few minutes and then its back to the grind! :weary:

Oh, and I get those Turkish Airlines ads, too. It's gotten to the point where I close the ad as soon as I recognize the shape of those particular ones, since I'm not going to sit through a whole ad and it never pay out! Urg! @Nonsequitorian suggested that maybe it's the Adobe flash version that is preventing us? Haven't looked into that, yet, but thought I'd mention it. :)
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • Options
    ZeeGee, would you have a moment to explain to me how you make those different folders? I'd love to do that! I love CC, but it seems to slow down my playing, which is so aggravating! :angry: I'd love to do that! :smile:
  • Options
    Maybe if everyone goes to Rion's ad thread, and complains enough about the Turkish Airlines rubbish, EA will get the message? Link is under her signature above. >:)

ZG if you age Maureen back to YA you will find Juniper. I have a picture, but am on MrGrumpy's tablet at the moment, will post next time on PC, if you don't get there first. :D

@gnlovew sorry to hear you have not been well. Is the background to the forum causing problems? The 'blinding white' weird patterns? @scillakees sorted her's out, and I just copied her. Maybe she'll sort you out too? :# Sometimes I find MyPage easier to deal with if I set it to 'my activity' at the top to start with, and then visit my friends' pages. :)

@WaterHornet yes! :)

Haven't seen @Jemlia around much lately, wonder where she's got to? B)

Might not be around much for a few days; Blondie has MRI scan 27th, and docs 28th. See you soon. :smiley:

HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    :( It's still so sad t hear how many Simmers are depressed by The Sims 4. Like, I don't know, I just get this weird feeling like I'm somehow cheating on my spouse or something equally horrid by staying away from 4. I don't mind the sort of chunky, cartoonish graphics and in a way I like the look of the game overall, but it stinks that all that gloss covers up some truly abysmal gameplay. Plus the little tiny "worlds"...I took one look at that and was like "Am I seeing this correctly? Where am I supposed to put all my stuff! And why am I gridlocked into the world? I don't like it and I want to change things up...oh wait, I can't! Why did they take all my control away?" I mean, I know the generation gap maybe be widening a bit as little kids become more involved in video games. I think that's something even here that I sometimes forget; I may not be dealing with grown ups all the time and without a point of reference I guess I default to thinking everyone is around my age (31). The thing that I don't get is that all of us "hardcore" players are the ones they should be paying the most attention to. We're the ones who lined their pockets with obscene amounts of cash to even facilitate a fourth installment! We're the ones that, if you make us happy, give great reviews, spread good vibes around by positive word-of-mouth advertising (which is FREE!!!), and willingly throw money in their faces and say "MUST HAB MOAR SIMZ FOOR!" For us to not bother...I don't know, I just don't see how the game is making nay money.
    @rionismyname you're going to LOVE the expansions!!! We'll be seeing you in what, about I month I'll guess? :)

again well said

and no I wont be gone that long I would miss you all to much lol

also havent seen @Teegers either maybe they are all partying without us :(
    Hug hug huggly hugs
    Rion
    div.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top