Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    misscbong wrote: »
    Want to clarify that it is okay to have deleted all of the rooms...? @Buildnshare

We're leaving that bit in the challenge brief as it was the original intent, but no one will be disqualified if their build strays from that. [it wasn't clarified in the original brief, and people who started on the build before the clarification was posted should not be penalized for our mistake]
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I've got plenty of room ideas now. My main problem is going to be the landscaping. Are we allowed to move the house on the lot?

Go for it! :)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member

Deadline: Wednesday 26th August, Midnight CMT.

So, what is CMT? I am on EST (eastern standard time). I can't find CMT. I see CST (central standard time). Or do you mean GMT (Greenwich Time Zone)?

• Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited August 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 25
    FORUM ID: Issabella14
    ORIGIN ID: Issabella14
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT Name: Japanese Zen Home
    LOT COST: N/A
    BUILD COST: N/A
    TOTAL COST ON GALLERY: 200,976
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/Challenge 25
    LINK TO GALLERY:http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/31D651434B5E11E58BE52610A2CDE195
    ENTRY DETAILS: My inspiration object was the "Mega Wall Lantern". It inspired me to build an oriental home. I call this home "Japanese Zen Home"

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM:(Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes thanks.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, cheats used MOO, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and bb.showhiddenobjects
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    2%204_zpsjtzue7gd.jpg
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    edited November 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LOT: L'Escapade
    BUILD COST: 195,084
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/masajo2/slideshow/Escapade

ENTRY DETAILS: The inspiration object is a picture named 'Time Will Tell in B-flat'. The sunflowers against the blue background inspired me to
    build a beach style home, the yellow representing the sand and the blue the sky/sea, hence the yellow/blue colour scheme. Thinking seaside
    led to a build for rest and relaxation.

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please, very valuable.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No cc.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/EEC3029B8A2A11E581D195621DDA1796?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false

d69192fd-2820-4215-98c0-9a7b4df49a7e_zpsrlphdqjd.png
    Post edited by masajo on
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID:Buttonsginger
    ORIGIN ID:Buttonsginger
    LEVEL: Beginner
    LOT: Alien Mushroom 1a2b
    TOTAL COST: $257,523.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Link to slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: Link To Gallery My inspiration object was the Alien Mushrooms 1a2b.

ROOM:(Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolors you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

08-25-15.jpg

08-25-17.jpg
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @BUTTONSGINGER Love that your unique inspiration object was the Alien Mushrooms 1a2b!
    So many cool other worldly touches thru the home. The roof resembles the Mushroom cap and the cool tones of the Alien Mushrooms 1a2b shine thru in every nook and cranny. <3

Deadline: Wednesday 26th August, Midnight CMT.

So, what is CMT? I am on EST (eastern standard time). I can't find CMT. I see CST (central standard time). Or do you mean GMT (Greenwich Time Zone)?

Yep - it was supposed to be GMT! Good catch, I'll fix that. Actually, we'll be changing it to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)/Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). *However, it's usually several hours after that before we actually officially close the challenge.* ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    @BuildNShare Can't wait for the next one!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited August 2015
    Midnight Wednesday GMT:

The last minute of any day is 11.59 pm. Do you mean midnight Thursday (Wednesday night)? Because midnight Tuesday night is actually Wednesday, meaning the deadline already passed at 11 pm UK time (daylight savings).

If I haven't missed the deadline, I'll finish this lot because I have the day off today, and Sims 2 crashed out so I'm not distracted.
    @BUTTONSGINGER Love that your unique inspiration object was the Alien Mushrooms 1a2b!
    So many cool other worldly touches thru the home. The roof resembles the Mushroom cap and the cool tones of the Alien Mushrooms 1a2b shine thru in every nook and cranny. <3
    Thank you so much @EuphorialQueen !

@InvisibleLyndz @mommataurus2 @Zita1966z @Issabella14 @kezflake Wow....all your creations are wonderful!

Good luck to everyone :)

• WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited August 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: wrathofcath
    ORIGIN ID: wrathofcath
    LOT: Faeries Landing
    LOT COST: $6,500 Built on Umbridge Manor in Willow Creek but moved to Granite Falls for pictures.
    BUILD COST: $277,294
    TOTAL COST: $283,794
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: s1285.photobucket.com/user/WrathofCath/slideshow/Faeries%20Landing?sort=6
    ENTRY DETAILS: My inspiration was the "Origami Tree Luminaries". They look so whimsical and enchanting, they remind me of Fairies and Fairy Tales.

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A

ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    08-25-15_11-38nbspAM_zpsmtpzgv6n.png
    08-25-15_12-30nbspPM_zpshyhxvf2d.png

Post edited by WrathofCath on
    Thank you so much @EuphorialQueen !

@InvisibleLyndz @mommataurus2 @Zita1966z @Issabella14 @kezflake Wow....all your creations are wonderful!

Good luck to everyone :)

Thanks yours too, @BUTTONSGINGER :)
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Thank you @Issabella14 They all all just marv and yours 2 off course <3
  • Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    edited August 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: @Don_Oello
    ORIGIN ID: Don_Oello
    LEVEL: established
    LOT: The West Bar & Zen
    LOT COST: 8500
    BUILD COST: 135.499
    TOTAL COST: 143.999
    LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims.com/nl_NL/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Don_Oello&max=25&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s283.photobucket.com/user/El_Oello/slideshow/Sims 4 Showcase/BnS25

ENTRY DETAILS: my first entry in the established category. B) i have converted the house in a bar on the ground floor with 3 bed/2 bath, upstairs is the office and a yoga room for stress relief. my object of inspiration has the dutch name: Horlepiep Poliep' bar, see picture below (1st pic in slideshow)

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A

ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc, only build/buy cheats

inspiration.png
    bar%203.png
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    edited August 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Rostri-Jodu
    ORIGIN ID: rostrijodu
    LOT: The A.R.C.
    LOT COST: 2000
    BUILD COST: 407,270
    TOTAL COST: 409,270
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The A.R.C.
    ENTRY DETAILS: My inspirational item was the Reflective Caution Zone Warning Sign, which can be viewed below. For whatever reason it screamed alien research to me, so that's what I went for! The Alien Research Complex or A.R.C. is a facility designed specifically for scientific exploration and discovery. It features a medical bay and botany lab in the main building, as well as a telescope with a diagnostic lab at the rear of the complex. The main building also features a scanning chamber and sterilization alcove to keep the crew safe and secure. During downtime, said crew can enjoy themselves in the spa, lounge or mess hall - only after whipping up a gourmet meal in their state of the art kitchen with bar - or they can better themselves and their skills in the game chamber or fitness center. The only question is, in space, no one can hear you scream, but can they hear you sim?

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC or Recolors

PICTURES:

ayJUpkg.png
    The Reflective Caution Zone Warning Sign

6zgtFJH.png
    The A.R.C. : Alien Research Complex
    Post edited by Rostri-Jodu on
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    Okay I am a little confused about the time now lol. I thought I had till midnight my time (I am in Texas) but then I read GMT and saw that that is like right now! :(

I could of sworn I saw CMT somewhere and thought that was Central time USA, ugh my bad
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member

*However, it's usually several hours after that before we actually officially close the challenge.* ;)

I would say that this gives you that extra little wiggle room ya may need to get yourself into the mix. Go! Go! Go! You can do it!

edited August 2015
    @Kementari , @EmmaVane
    Ok - so, in checking further on the times, I realized that midnight UTC is actually mid-evening on the 26th for those in the US. So, I am changing the time zone to HST which is the last time zone in the world to hit midnight and start the new day. That gives everyone who might possibly be entering until midnight in their own time zone to complete the challenge.

I found this handy-dandy website which has a bar you can drag to see what time midnight HST will be in your timezone. :)

http://everytimezone.com/#2015-8-26,750,cn3

EmmaVane wrote: »
    Midnight Wednesday GMT:

The last minute of any day is 11.59 pm. Do you mean midnight Thursday (Wednesday night)? Because midnight Tuesday night is actually Wednesday, meaning the deadline already passed at 11 pm UK time (daylight savings).

If I haven't missed the deadline, I'll finish this lot because I have the day off today, and Sims 2 crashed out so I'm not distracted.

The deadline is midnight, not 12:00 am. It's always been my understanding that midnight marks the end of one day and the beginning of the next. So, you have until the end of Wednesday the 26th to finish the challenge.

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited August 2015
    I'm posting #26, but I will wait until tomorrow morning before work to officially close #25, so keep those designer showdown entries coming until midnight HST (http://everytimezone.com/#2015-8-26,750,cn3)
    A reminder to use the entry form as is. If you are adding any pictures, please limit them to two per entry post and place them at the bottom of the entry form.

# 26 - The Novelist

“Jade! How lovely to see you!” you exclaim. Going to the grocery store is always fun for you. You run into everyone at sometime or other it seems. In this case, it's literally. “Sorry for bumping your cart,” you apologize.

“Its okay,” the woman smiles back at you with lips painted wine red. “However you have the wrong sister.”

You step back, studying her. Emerald green eyes glitter in amusement at you, a deeper warmer look than Jade’s pale green business like stare. Instead of being pulled stylishly but efficiently back from her face, the sister’s raven hair curls romantically around her face and over her shoulders. Her dress, made of a rich burgundy velvet, is casually and elegantly Gothic in style. Otherwise, she’s identical to Jade Bloodclaw.

“I’m sorry,” you say sheepishly.

“Not at all. Being identical twins, it happens all the time.” She moves her cart to the side to let someone else get by. “My name is Fire Bloodclaw.”

You shake hands with her, introducing yourself. Then a light bulb blinks on. “Fire Bloodclaw? The novelist? The one who wrote Empire of Jade?”

She laughs a throaty laugh, “The same. You’ve read it?”

“I haven’t. My assistant however raved about it. What brings you to town?”

“Change of atmosphere.” She smiles, “I was actually hoping to run into you at some point. My sister is delighted with the work you’ve done for her; and, trust me, Jade is incredibly hard to please when it comes to work.”

“Great to hear,” you smile, pleased at the compliment. You look around the store, realizing it was no place for a meeting. “Do you know Purr’s café?” you ask.

“Who doesn’t?” Fire laughs.

“Why don’t we meet there and talk about what you’re looking for?” you suggest.

“Sounds great. Give me an hour to finish shopping?”

An hour later, the two of you are settled into one of the booths at Purrsia’s place. Unsurprisingly, there is a tray of blissfully delicious tapas sitting between the two of you. Fire smiles, “I knew Purrsia when I was in college. She and her sister lived in the same house we did. She did all the cooking to help pay for her rent. It was lovely.”

You grin, “I bet you ate better than the ramen noodle diet I lived on.”

Fire laughs, “If you didn’t mind being an experiment for new recipes, yes…But the experiments didn’t always work out. Those were the nights when Tums were greatly in demand.” She smiles, “Now, on to why I was hoping to talk to you.”

“Someplace to store your Tums?” you quip, making her chuckle again.

“Not quite. I’m looking for a home of my own. I’ve been living with Jade, but her apartment really isn’t my style. She’s the penthouse apartment kind. I’m more the secluded dramatic type.”

“So what kind of house are you looking for?” You pull out your ever present note book.

“Something with a beautiful view. Private. When I lose myself in my work, I hate being distracted by petty things like time of day or last time I ate something. It needs to be soothing…and, I shamelessly admit, fairly luxurious in terms of comfort. I never know where I’ll end up writing.

I need at least 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. And if you can squeeze it in, a new computer. State of the art please. My old one fried itself this morning, and I’m using Jade’s computer…something else that is not conducive to concentration. I'll need a decent entertainment center, and, of course, a library. I love stories in all forms.”

“None of that is out of reach. Can you give me two weeks?”

“Sure. I have a book tour coming up soon anyway. Oh, and I have 75,000 saved for this build.”

“Excellent.” You reach for the check, only to have her lightly bat your hand away.

“My treat,” Fire insists.

Challenge Brief:
    75k budget (add gallery and lot cost together)
    2 bedrooms, 2 bath
    Secluded lot with a beautiful view
    Library
    State of the art laptop
    Decent entertainment center
    Luxurious surroundings

Sim Challenge:
    Make Fire, who is a Hopeless Romantic, Friendly, and Flirty. Show her enjoying her new home.

Room Challenge:
    Library - create a decked out library that any novelist will love. You have an additional 5,000 for this room if you enter the room challenge.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and past into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #: 26 - The Novelist
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the Build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST: (The cost of the lot)
    BUILD COST: (The cost of the build, not including the lot price)
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and Build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (be sure to tell us about your inspiration object for this challenge)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM:(Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolors you used in your entry)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GArBA5W.jpg
    Kementari wrote: »
    Okay I am a little confused about the time now lol. I thought I had till midnight my time (I am in Texas) but then I read GMT and saw that that is like right now! :(

I could of sworn I saw CMT somewhere and thought that was Central time USA, ugh my bad
    You did see CMT and I did as well. As a matter of fact my Simmer Sister ♡ and I were both trying to figure out what the heck where to find our equivalent of the CMT time zone.

@BuildnShare For challenge 26-The Novelist
    Can you just do the Room only? What would be the budget for the library as a Room on its own? Hopefully more than 5K because the best computer is 10k alone.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited August 2015
    I didn't finish it in the end anyway. Felt like playing not building today, and when I did go to build it was only because I decided to make a lot with loads of MicroMini sublots on it. Stressing myself out trying to figure out floor trims for my mansard roofs. :p
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    I can't wait to have time to work on this challenge! This one speaks to me. :)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Is there a specific lot size for the new challenge? @BuildnShare
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    @Rostri-Jodu , wow your build is just sooooo amazing. Well done <3:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top