March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 getting worse

2...Next

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Are you sure it was the first time that sim was reading that book?
    And even if it wasn't. If I order my sim in 3 to reread a book he has no choice but rereading it ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Don't feel alone it happens to me too. I'll try to have a Sim read a book....couple of minutes and it's off to play computer games, take a selfie or talk....endlessly talk.

No I have no mods in my game.

Sims can talk and read books at the same time. I don't find the talk excuse is the reason for the sim to stop reading. It's possibly some kind of bug.

My Sim will stop reading and go upstairs to hug his son, then sit on his son's bed and resume reading while the son plays with his toys. I think that's adorable. B)
    *tries to imagine stop reading to go upstairs and hug son and then sit on his bed continuing reading*
    I would be in such trouble :D
    (ok, he's 15 but still)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2015
    Don't feel alone it happens to me too. I'll try to have a Sim read a book....couple of minutes and it's off to play computer games, take a selfie or talk....endlessly talk.

No I have no mods in my game.

Same exact way for me - and even worse since the latest patch. No mods, no cc and don't use cheats even. As vanilla as one can get.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    If I do not employ an array of Mods my Sims behave in the most plum way... all of which has been mentioned above.

Musical chairs, bad multi tasking, living life on the computer, doing random push ups, selfies, THIRST, in appropriate romances... the list goes on.

It would be nice if they tweaked, fixed, worked these things out. (and when they do... our harvestables go black)
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    It's the constant talking that drives me mad. I'm absolutely sick of hearing voices throughout my gameplay. Don't they ever shut up? It would be horrible in real life if I had to listen to people endlessly talking without ever being quiet! Even in the middle of the night!

It seems to me that this problem of incessant chatter comes from the original idea to make Sims 4 an online game - like a virtual chat room.

My sims are so insubordinate also. If I sit a sim down to read a skill book, they should read that skill book! What they shouldn't do is decide to get up and do something else before I've given them another direction. If you don't keep your eye on them, they even put the book down somewhere and lose it! It's almost impossible to run 8 sims in a household if they are all going to do their own thing, no matter what direction you give them. If I direct a sim to read a skill book, I want to feel I can go and direct other sims while that one sim is reading, but no, they get up and lose the book and I end up having to search for it!
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    I dont have bookshelves in my sims house because everyone is constantly trying to grab a book, only to read for less that one second and then put it down and repeat. I end up with books everywhere. I will probably get MCC again because you can make it so they will at least put the books back.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks it's awesome that you're still putting in some discussion in here but considering how old the thread is I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top