Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Level 8 Criminal Not Bringing Home Correct Pay

emicolasemicolas Posts: 24 Member
One of my Sims is a Level 8 in the Thief/Criminal career track. It *says* he's making $131 and he's working from 9-2, so he *should* be making $655 per night, but he keeps coming home with less than $300 after working a full shift. Is it a glitch? Or something I don't know about this career? He ended up getting time off for having adopted a child and got the $655 pay.
Post edited by emicolas on

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    How is his relationship with his co-workers? Maybe he's getting mugged at work!

Actually, I have no idea. Hope someone here can help you.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I know that if a sim comes in late for work, or leaves early, they won't get their full pay. Other than that I don't know.
  • trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    Is he getting booted out early? Or maybe it's showing that he isn't officially "at work" until several hours after 9?

Next time he reports for work, watch the work tab. Make sure that at 9pm, he's officially "Working" and not "Going to Work." If there's a delay, zoom in on him to see if he's actually entering the building on time. Sometimes, if there are a lot of sims in the same career, he may be in line, trying to get in.
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    I had that problem once as well - I don't think I ever figured out how to fix it. Would be interested to know if anyone else had it and understood why or how to fix it.
  • AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    Just a joke; well they ARE criminals :D lol

I know I had the glitch where my sim literally couldn't get into the building for work, as there was a queue of workers outside that wouldn't let them in, and would stand their stomping their feet and ended up playing hooky that day.
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    It's not as bad as the hospital glitch I get sometimes where my sims work day NEVER ends! The poor guy is near death but he can't leave work and if he does, his performance goes down. It's awful and I have to make him quit then restart the career to fix it.
    I wonder if using Nraas Debugger's Fix Homeworld would resolve this issue.
  • emicolasemicolas Posts: 24 Member
    I will follow him next time he goes to work. I did find on an old forum that somebody found the career glitched if the Sim didn't take the carpool there and back; I'd been having him jog home to up his athletic skill level. For now, he's adopted a second kid so has more days off and is getting his full pay. lol
    Ahh I see. That could be it. That career has always been wonky at best. When my sim got the night shift, he kept having to report to work on a Wednesday, even though he didn't have work scheduled. It would take away work performance if he didn't show up, but it didn't give him any boost if he did. What a thankless job :P
    Well, I have no answers other than agreeing with trollnexus that the career is wonky. After his time off due to adoptions, he went to work and got the correct pay. Next time, no waiting, didn't get as much pay. He did, however, do a side job that time, but shouldn't the side job be *adding* to how much is taken home?
    emicolas wrote: »
    Well, I have no answers other than agreeing with trollnexus that the career is wonky. After his time off due to adoptions, he went to work and got the correct pay. Next time, no waiting, didn't get as much pay. He did, however, do a side job that time, but shouldn't the side job be *adding* to how much is taken home?

Doing side job should generate the same pay + random cash bonus in the middle of work if he's successful at the side job. You don't always get a bonus. But yeah, he should be at least getting the default pay D:

I don't know. The only time where I get less pay while not waiting is when I use Nraas to create an artificial income tax. Otherwise, this has me scratching my head.
    I finally just had him switch careers. Level 9 and still not getting the right pay. Plus getting picked up by police. lol
    I guess crime...doesn't pay 8)

No but seriously, that is frustrating. I don't blame you for changing careers. Good luck to him in his new job!
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    It's not as bad as the hospital glitch I get sometimes where my sims work day NEVER ends! The poor guy is near death but he can't leave work and if he does, his performance goes down. It's awful and I have to make him quit then restart the career to fix it.
    if you used mods, either Nraas MC or Debugger would immediately correct this.

You could always try resetsim as well. But you might lose some or all of whatever work progress your sim achieved that day