Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cant Make Friends/Stuck As Impartial/Acquaintance Bug - READ FIRST POST

Comments

• Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited August 2015
    Honestly, am so annoyed at this. I was fully patched when my friend of the world sims went to Granite Falls, now they can't complete the friendships they were working on. I found a previous thread where @SimGuruJanitor said they had released a patch to rectify it, but I was already fully patched when this issue arose. It's a lot of work, but I'm willing to do it, but does it revert back as soon as you hit manage worlds or a loading screen again? Sorry, I have read through so many posts I am totally confused now.

Ok, this is a save file where I had rebuilt my world from before the patch, but have been playing it ever since as a new save, does that make a difference?
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • taatelimiestaatelimies Posts: 105 Member
    It seems this bug has resurfaced, for me at least. :| I was so happy when they released the patch that fixed this, but now it's back. I'll just have to try cheating/mods I guess.
    Origin ID: pinkb4tman | PSN: otttoe
  • Lala KoalaLala Koala Posts: 2 New Member
    How do you add a photo on your profile?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Lala Koala wrote: »
    How do you add a photo on your profile?

Hello @LaLaKoala. :) Welcome to the forums.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a member, and can then change your Avi and post links and pictures in threads.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know-updated-30-12-14

You are invited to visit this thread and introduce yourself.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself
  • EverGreenLifeEverGreenLife Posts: 2,670 Member
    Chat to D Gurus
    FrAEi8Q.png
    ✣*.:。✿*゚✣*.:。✿*゚i love starry skies✣*.:。✿*゚✣*.:。✿*゚
    origin ID - egl_original
  • Mariana R.Mariana R. Posts: 1 New Member
    1- hum " SIM" " caught in death , dying of old age , death appeared mistress , days passed but never finished Dying
    name was " gabriel lima " was NOT My creation and was NOT in the World
    2 - in DUST " Soul Mate " You Can not Go Complete " have Soul Mate Relationship with spouse hum " Several times tried with three spouses Reversing the Order of facts and nothing .
    3. THE TEA MACHINES disappear as tea machines simply disappear , JA bought hundreds and they simply disappear , NOT EVEN there is any change in any Game Build Mode . Most of the time THEY somes When hum sims travels .
    4- All the sims catch , especially at events, and continues Running Time , Makes Losing as medals and Prizes EVENTS
  • Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    What is MC Commandcenter? And how does it work and where do i get it?
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
    What is MC Commandcenter? And how does it work and where do i get it?

Hello.
    This is a link to MC Command Center.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

I will quote what egwarhammer has posted about the latest update of the mod.
    It's been updated to 1.0.12, which DOES INCLUDE both NO CULLING and NO PRUNING (same setting now turns both off).

Also, AutoSaves, AND you can disable rude/mean interactions, if you like.

This is a link to a thread about it on the forums.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here

• ParvatiParvati Posts: 251 Member
    My SIMS are living together engaged to be married my female says "in love soul mates" but his says "acquaintance neither friend nor foe" despite the fact both friend and love bars are maxed lol. I find it very hard to make friends in this game at all, if you haven't spoken to someone in 2 days you forget them all together and it says you don't know each other yet and any traits you once knew about them are lost ( which is why this couple isn't married yet, they have no friends to invite to the wedding :D )
  • DarkWalkerDarkWalker Posts: 64 Member
    Just to mention, I got this bug some time ago (already after the latest patch), in a game that I didn't play at all while the original bug was in effect (mainly because the game couldn't load that save at all until a later fix). Not game-breaking because, thanks to all of you that provided extra info and fixes, it's not hard to keep it under control, though I do hope the devs kill this bug once and for all in a future patch.

I also used the chance to test if the Alien mindwipe power could be used to deal with the bug; unfortunately it can't, mindwiping a sim with a bugged relationship won't unstuck it.
  • Happytolove83Happytolove83 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2015
    I update my game Religiously and I didn't have this problem until I updated for the dishwashers and got the Cool Stuff pack to make Ice Cream. Ever since I've had this problem. It really makes me not want to play the game because at the time I was working on the Popularity Aspiration and now its all messed up
    I was wondering since the 7/28/15 patch was supposed to fix it if there was a way to "reload" it and have it fix it or if mine is a slightly different version of the same issue and I have to wait for it to be resolved?
    Post edited by Happytolove83 on
    I update my game Religiously and I didn't have this problem until I updated for the dishwashers and got the Cool Stuff pack to make Ice Cream. Ever since I've had this problem. It really makes me not want to play the game because at the time I was working on the Popularity Aspiration and now its all messed up
    I was wondering since the 7/28/15 patch was supposed to fix it if there was a way to "reload" it and have it fix it or if mine is a slightly different version of the same issue and I have to wait for it to be resolved?

Hello @Happytolove83. I am sorry that this issue is affecting your game. Try doing the workarounds listed in this thread and see if that helps.
    You are unable to reload a patch once you are now up to date. You may need to wait until a future patch comes and it may help to fix the issue for your
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    UPDATE - August 8th, for many the problem has moved from relationships being stuck on impartial to being stuck on acquaintance. Just try the suggested work arounds below while we wait for an updated patch fix.

UPDATE- The recent patch addresses this issue; however some are still reporting problems. Please share good or bad results to help better understand the current situation. thanks!

Since the July patch the ability to make friends has become bugged. The discussion started here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/843177/my-sim-cannot-become-friends-with-anyone/p1 and many simmers after trial and error have come up with a series of possible ways to address the problem.

This thread is just a summary of this discussion of the known issues and posted work arounds for convenience. And i welcome any feedback or edits and will keep updating.

And thanks to simgurudrake and crinrict EA is aware of the problem, so hopefully these posted suggestions wont be needed for very long.

THE ISSUE
    Any relationship not established before changing a loading screen will default to the impartial or acquaintance status and no matter how much the relationship bar increases the status will remain as impartial or acquaintance.

For example if your sim meets a new sim on the street the relationship will keep advancing like before but once you load another lot that relationship will get stuck if you did not before loading a new screen advance the relationship to either friend, enemy or romantic

this also effects all prior acquaintances once you load another screen all will get stuck as impartial/acquaintance

HOW TO AVOID GETTING STUCK AS IMPARTIAL/ACQUAINTANCE
    Just interact long enough with the sim to establish a relationship before loading screen.
    -so either be friends before loading a new screen or have the relationship bar in red and possibly have the relationship also have a pink bar for romance (need to still confirm this)

also important dont allow any relationship to decay to below friends if its a positive relationship. If its a negative relationship dont interact long enough to raise the relationship bar out of red.

WHAT TO DO IF A RELATIONSHIP IS STUCK AS IMPARTIAL/ACQUAINTANCE
    You need to first destroy the relationship to reset it and then second build up the relationship, so that you are either at least friends, or in the red or romantic

STEP ONE:
    Destroying means the sim will not be known to your sim. Ways to destroy:
    - just wait, relationships will decay over time when there is no interaction. you could simply wait until your sim has forgotten the sim.

- flirt with the sim - the romantic interactions have on testing been shown to override the bug. flirt to change status and then build up friendship

- make them your enemy - i havent confirmed yet but am currently assuming if romantic interest can override this so could making a sim not like your sim a possible option

-use game cheats - relationship.destroy {yoursimID} {targetsimID} (note you will need to get the sims ID number with this cheat Sims.get_sim_id_by_name {yoursimsfirstname} {yoursimslastname} )

-use the mod - MC Command Center Forget Me Option
    Forget Active Sims allows to only forget romantic relationship, forget romantic and friendship relationships or forget all relationship connections including family ties.

It now is tied to the Relationship panel, so no command line stuff is necessary. As long as the sim you want to change relationship settings for is unplayed, you just click their picture, the MC button, Forget Me, and decide how far you want to take the "selective amnesia" from there.
    Thanks to @egwarhammer there is a HELP thread for this mod here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here/p1

STEP TWO:
    build up the relationship so that when you load another screen it doesnt get stuck
    -become friends the normal way before loading another screen

-upon meeting the sim be mean enough to place the relationship in the red. even just a bit of red should prevent the issue (@naomeh)

-flirt enough to have pink bar, need to test to see how much is needed to avoid

-use a game cheat to modify relationships points to establish a relationship
    To modify a Sim's relationship with another Sim: You have to activate the "testingcheats true" code for these. Once you've done so, enter "modifyrelationship [your Sim's full name] [target Sim's full name] [50 or -50] Friendship_Main" to add or detract from their friendship rating. For the romantic rating, it's the same thing except you enter "Romance_Main" at the end instead. The number "50" is just a placeholder here, also. Play around with specific values to see what it gets you.

Hey @ceejay402 thanks for the plug! :)

If you could also add Weerbesu's UI Cheats Extension mod along with the MC Command Center info, that would be awesome.

It can be used to CHANGE relationship levels (friendly, if Forget Me was used, then flirt/"argue" to get pink/red bar, then romantic/enemy(?) can also be changed), so once you get the bug fixed, you can then set the sims to where they should be, or wherever you want them to be.

MC link:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

UI Cheat link:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548

Thanks!
  • RainbowGamer99RainbowGamer99 Posts: 22 Member
    Hellooo! So, well, I had a sim couple and although one of them had both a friendship and romance bar, in his relationships it still showed up as "acquaintences, lovers, good friends," ect. The other sim, I believe, only had a friendship bar and also sees the other as "acquaintences, good friends." I tried fixing it with the "modifyrelationship" codes, but it didn't work. Sadly, I had to destroy their relationship... (They were my favorite couple.. :( ) Anyways, I'm hoping to build their relationship back up again with the "modifyrelationship" codes. Does anyone know if this could surely fix it?? I'd appreciate any advice, thank you! :)
    Hellooo! So, well, I had a sim couple and although one of them had both a friendship and romance bar, in his relationships it still showed up as "acquaintences, lovers, good friends," ect. The other sim, I believe, only had a friendship bar and also sees the other as "acquaintences, good friends." I tried fixing it with the "modifyrelationship" codes, but it didn't work. Sadly, I had to destroy their relationship... (They were my favorite couple.. :( ) Anyways, I'm hoping to build their relationship back up again with the "modifyrelationship" codes. Does anyone know if this could surely fix it?? I'd appreciate any advice, thank you! :)

Hello @RainbowGamer99. Now that you have destroyed their relationship, try using the modify relationship cheats to get their relationship up and see if that helps. Have a look at the workarounds listed in the first post of this thread.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    ive been on holiday and see this thread has been un-sticky i hope that means the problem is completely addressed in the coming patch :)@SimGuruDrake

@Parvati yes unfortunately the game is fast at decaying relationships. for the couple try the posted fixes in first post. and if helpful i let some on my less important relationships remain stuck.

@DarkWalker thanks for confirmation about the alien power.

@egwarhammer can do! and many thanks for @rosemow for keeping up with the thread while i was away.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

patch today! awesome!!!!!
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    I got a report at AHQ that it's still not completely working as intended. Seems to be happening to an existing friendship though.

More feedback would be great.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

crinrict wrote: »
    I got a report at AHQ that it's still not completely working as intended. Seems to be happening to an existing friendship though.

More feedback would be great.
    fun :( are existing relationships getting stuck? or only existing relationships not getting stuck. i tested a little last night. my sim was able to make friends with a known acquaintance but i havent tested new relationships
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited September 2015
    crinrict wrote: »

thanks i had the opposite result. the test i ran was an acquaintance my sim just barely knew it did seem to take longer then normal to become friends but it was possible. ill do more testing tonight.
  • AJAX504AJAX504 Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi i am new to this discussion. I have Found the following added solution to 1 Sept patch.(sims 4 bug report forum at ea).

Thank you Deckete (user name) for this information.

With new sims it seems to be normal. But the problem is with some sims that my sims had this bug, but were not with the full relationship bar. So when my sim talks to these sims to the relationship bar stay full, does not conclude with friends, only acquaintances.

Edt.: I think I solved the problem with bug friendship. I will try to explain how I did.

My sim A was talking with sim B to the relationship bar to fill and become friends. But as I had already reported the bug of friendship was still there. They were acquaintances. I was in the house sim B to see his relationship with the sim A. I saw that they were like friends, really. Then i did sim B talk more with the sim A, and then returned to the house sim A. When I did this, I had a surprise. The sim A now was friend of sim B!

My conclusion: The update fixed the bug, but not with those who were affected. For them to get also fixed you have to do manually.

I found this solution in tandem with sept patch fixes relationship with sims created before the patch.
    Hope this helps.