Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition:Continue The Sims 3 (284 signatures!) Please join in and sign! EA, don't abandon TS3.

1323334353638...Next

Comments

• CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    Updated. I know this as a fact: EA will have a ton of protesters to protest for TS3 to be fixed. As much as the bugs and glitches annoy me about TS3, I still love it and want it to continue.
  • DorothyLove12DorothyLove12 Posts: 36 Member
    I'll sign! Hopefully they keep patching the game too because I STILL HAVE SO MANY BUG #MacProbs
    tumblr_inline_neai38Kp5p1qcra7v.gif
    I'll sign! Hopefully they keep patching the game too because I STILL HAVE SO MANY BUG #MacProbs
    Thank you.
  • IceSilverCrystalIceSilverCrystal Posts: 61 New Member
    I'll sign. TS3 is my favorite, there are still some really cool things they could do with the game. Perhaps more to do with Supernatural things, or Imaginary friends. or Both! I'm thinking like a Calvin and Hobbes kind of thing
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    edited September 2015
    Bugs are an issue on PC too. #TheLagIsReal

Also, Sign me up!
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I would like to sign because I LOVE sims 3 but not so much to add anything, just fix the existing problems. Especially with Island Paradise and Bridgeport. It would be nice to pay for a game that actually works.
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Signed and agree,, plz keep it going.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited May 2016
    I know a lot of people won't agree, but I'd really rather they not touch it.

First of all, the game has so much content now that it's about to figuratively topple over. I really don't think the game can handle any more content. Granted not everyone has it all, but some of us do!

Second, they won't just fix bugs because there's no money in that for them. I would love for them to fix what they left broken (which of course I already paid for - where's my warranty!), but I just can't see that happening.

And third, I am loving the fact that there are no more patches to interfere with my mods and CC. I'm having more fun now with the game than I've ever had!

While the game was still in production it was just a constant merry-go-round of new content and patches that broke stuff. I am well aware that this was NOT a particularly healthy approach to spending time with my favorite hobby but it's exactly what they want - who cares about actually playing the game, just keep buying new stuff and dabble with it in between. :p

It's only since they broke my habit with that goofy thing they call TS4 that I can step back and recognize the signs of addiction. It's glorious to finally actually have fun with this game again. YMMV. :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I know a lot of people won't agree, but I'd really rather they not touch it.

First of all, the game has so much content now that it's about to figuratively topple over. I really don't think the game can handle any more content. Granted not everyone has it all, but some of us do!

Second, they won't just fix bugs because there's no money in that for them. I would love for them to fix what they left broken (which of course I already paid for - where's my warranty!), but I just can't see that happening.

And third, I am loving the fact that there are no more patches to interfere with my mods and CC. I'm having more fun now with the game than I've ever had!

While the game was still in production it was just a constant merry-go-round of new content and patches that broke stuff. I am well aware that this was NOT a particularly healthy approach to spending time with my favorite hobby but it's exactly what they want - who cares about actually playing the game, just keep buying new stuff and dabble with it in between. :p

It's only since they broke my habit with that goofy thing they call TS4 that I can step back and recognize the signs of addiction. It's glorious to finally actually have fun with this game again. YMMV. :)
    I actually do agree with this, wholeheartedly. Especially after the 1.69 update...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    100% agree with @HappySimmer3. Most things that are problematic with the game can be fixed or at least made playable with several different mods. You have a problem? Bet you could probably find a mod to fix it! And so many people are or were upset about patch 1.69 that if EA did decide to update or upgrade or whatever else, would anyone really want that? I totally get the displeasure with some of the issues though. I really want to get Pets (because my Sims lives are not totally complete without them) but I know the computer I have will not be able to handle that EP. So until I can upgrade to a new computer, my Sims will have to do without. And I am unsure about getting Supernatural for the same reason, even though I haven't heard very much about it being an EP that is hard on a computer. I would rather wait until I can get a computer that will play all EPs/SPs and have the mods in my game that make it playable and fun than sign a petition to try and convince EA to continue with TS3 or fix the problems. But that is just my opinion.
  • KethKeth Posts: 165 Member
    Agreed as well. And since there isn't a Sims 3 dev team anymore I don't think there's much to worry about.

I seem to recall that Pets and Seasons are the big computer hogs. I don't think that Supernatural is that bad; half of your occult comes from other packs: Vampires from Late Nite, Genies from Showtime, and Merfolk from IP.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I would love more stuff for the Sims 3. I have most of the store and all the EPs and SPs but no mods no cc. I've been playing since it released on two different PCs and haven't really had many problems.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Wow, this is an old thread!

But anyway: signed
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited January 2022
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    CoryMach wrote: »
    sam123 wrote: »
    Nothing's going to happen LOL, it's too late sadly.
    Look, it's never too late. I know EA did release TS4, but that is why this petition was renamed to be that EA to not abandon TS3.

The process of this petition will go like this:

1. EA released TS4
    2. This petition was created beforehand
    3. When it gets a certain amount of signatures, EA will pay attention to this petition.

No amount of signatures will get EA's attention as they have moved on and will not be returning to work on TS3. Most of the developers for TS3 have either left the company on their own accord or have been laid-off or have moved on to TS4 for good until TS5 comes out. I can almost believe that you will keep bumping this thread up even after TS5 or 6 comes out if EA ever goes that far with The Sims and EA will still not be coming back to an older game such as TS3.

Well if they don't return to TS3, they will have tons of protesters protesting for more of TS3. I encourage all SimGurus to go on strike, to continue TS3 as well.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Oh...
    53783018.jpg
    Signed...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, this thread is extremely old and is being locked to prevent further necroposting.

Feel free to start a new discussion about this on the correct board if there's not a more recent topic, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top