Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 getting worse

Now the Sims want to do whatever they want. In couple seconds the Sims stop reading. This game is getting worse.

Comments

• AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I thought this was established already.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Are you sure it was the first time that sim was reading that book?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Yep.
    Astro wrote: »
    I thought this was established already.

I Hadn't done a play though on sims 4 for awhile. I guess I enjoying the Golden age of Sims 2 and Sims 3.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    What did they want to do instead? And as Sigzy pointed out- had they read it before?
    james64468 wrote: »

Yep.

Why did they stop? Any motives down?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Yep.

Nope just half way down on social. That why I don't understand why the sim did what he did.
    What did they want to do instead? And as Sigzy pointed out- had they read it before?

Started chatting on the computer. The sim had never read the book. That is interesting.
    edited August 2015

Yep.

Nope just half way down on social. That why I don't understand why the sim did what he did.

So the sim stoped and did nothing?

That doesn't happen in my game and I made my sim read a book and listen music at the same time a few hours ago. :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Do you have any mods in the game? I'd suspect a new conflict.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Don't feel alone it happens to me too. I'll try to have a Sim read a book....couple of minutes and it's off to play computer games, take a selfie or talk....endlessly talk.

No I have no mods in my game.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    edited August 2015
    Don't feel alone it happens to me too. I'll try to have a Sim read a book....couple of minutes and it's off to play computer games, take a selfie or talk....endlessly talk.

Sims can talk and read books at the same time. I don't find the talk excuse is the reason for the sim to stop reading. It's possibly some kind of bug.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Sims can talk and read books at the same time. So I don't find the talk excuse very pertinent for the sim to stop reading. It's possibly some kind of bug.

????????

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Do you have free will on?
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I noticed that sims only read half of a book now, i have to direct them to read one book two times to count as a fulfilled goal in that direction.

Yeah I believe so. I might have to start turning that off.
    marcellala wrote: »
    I noticed that sims only read half of a book now, i have to direct them to read one book two times to count as a fulfilled goal in that direction.

Was this after the latest update?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Do you have any mods in the game? I'd suspect a new conflict.

Nope I don't use mods. That interesting.

Yep.

So the sim stoped and did nothing?

That doesn't happen in my game and I made my sim read a book and listen music at the same time a few hours ago. :p

The sim started chatting on the computer.

Yeah I believe so. I might have to start turning that off.

That is the culprit! Free will allows your sims to make their own decisions. The cheeky little bugger didn't want to read the book and chose to stop. ;)
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    marcellala wrote: »

Was this after the latest update?

No, it has always been that way for me. On two different devices, with and without mods.
  • have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    It may have something to do with the Sim's traits. The Sim I'm playing now will sit and read a whole book. Previously my Sims would only read until fun was maxed, and I had to fight to get them to read any more. :)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Sims can talk and read books at the same time. I don't find the talk excuse is the reason for the sim to stop reading. It's possibly some kind of bug.

My Sim will stop reading and go upstairs to hug his son, then sit on his son's bed and resume reading while the son plays with his toys. I think that's adorable. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

My Sim will stop reading and go upstairs to hug his son, then sit on his son's bed and resume reading while the son plays with his toys. I think that's adorable. B)

Yeah the random hugs are cute. :)
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I thought that happened to my Sim too, but he ended up continuing to read after fulfilling his needs lol it'd be nice if Sims could read and walk, that'd be cool and maybe bump into people accidentally.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top