Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    34 messages since i last checked?

I guess they haven't announced toddlers since i have been here have they? ;)

haha If they did that, it would probably break the internet. B)

God forbid they get recognition for doing something positive! Only negative for EA will do. :D

If they add toddlers then i will probably 'die of laughter' lol

'hey guys, sorry about the delay, here are your toddlers, cars, open world and dishwashers. Oh, we removed the goals as well and threw in CASt and there is also a CAW tool for you to download'

:smiley:

If that was announced I would have to give my ears a good clean to make sure I heard right. lol :#

I don't think anyone would even believe it anyway lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member

God forbid they get recognition for doing something positive! Only negative for EA will do. :D

If they add toddlers then i will probably 'die of laughter' lol

'hey guys, sorry about the delay, here are your toddlers, cars, open world and dishwashers. Oh, we removed the goals as well and threw in CASt and there is also a CAW tool for you to download'

:smiley:

If that was announced I would have to give my ears a good clean to make sure I heard right. lol :#

I don't think anyone would even believe it anyway lol

lol You are probably right. ;)
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    MrHawk wrote: »
    Hi everyone.
    Back from New Zealand. We had a fantastic time. If there are any Kiwis on this thread, you have the most fantastic countryside I've ever seen. Beautiful.
    I hope you're all well. It took me a LOOOOONG time to catch up with this thread because of the holiday.

Update: I've posted here and my responses are here. To those who responded already, I'll put yours up in the same format. To anybody else who wants to contribute, please do.

@sparkfairy1 in particular I'd love to see what you have to say in response. If anybody has questions please PM so I don't derail.

RE: Family play. I'm back in TS3. Have just created a new family with an inventor as its head. Planning on having his sons and daughter follow in his footsteps. Will post some pics on Tuesday if anybody's interested.
    Did you happen to meet any hobbits? ;)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    :#o:)<3

pKbNuGB.jpg

weBjt1O.jpg

B6yo1hk.jpg

CwMyBbs.jpg

xyYnxft.jpg

bj2bbGq.jpg

3q1WLSq.jpg

(Photo quality below vvv isn't as good because in TS2, snapshots could randomly go bad)

LVgMrW9.jpg

G28W5Mu.jpg

hMgdwsp.jpg

TnIPzFG.jpg

Mahjong

03Ww9bh.jpg

uQxAAt7.jpg
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    @Hestia awesome pictures! :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    @Hestia

Your TS2 pictures look as smooth as TS3 pics :smile:

Even today i can't always tell them apart
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 Funny thing is, those snapshots were taken on my old laptop about 3-4 years ago LOL! I'll pump in new screenshots and hopefully videos for you all on TS2 with my new engine.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    @Hestia Wow they all scream fun!! Makes me wanna go start up TS2 now:)
  • Options
    Hestia wrote: »
    @king_of_simcity7 Funny thing is, those snapshots were taken on my old laptop about 3-4 years ago LOL! I'll pump in new screenshots and hopefully videos for you all on TS2 with my new engine.

I have actually noticed an improvement in TS3 with pics from my old PC to the one i am using now. I never even realised until i looked back at them lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    I love Bon Voyage :grin: Gorgeous screenshots of it too :blush: For me it's usually the faces that I use to tell Sims 2 and 3 apart. I prefer the TS2 ones, slightly, even if they were less customisable.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    I love Bon Voyage :grin: Gorgeous screenshots of it too :blush: For me it's usually the faces that I use to tell Sims 2 and 3 apart. I prefer the TS2 ones, slightly, even if they were less customisable.

I had good memories with Bon Voyage myself. I did enjoy meeting the islanders in Twikki Island :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Some more to satisfy your taste buds... I'll take a break now with the screenshots haha.

JgLlo5R.jpg

eKymE0z.jpg

MoNeb6c.jpg

0mURcQA.jpg

ZRoYizt.jpg

nuaHhX8.jpg

AMix4TG.jpg

FPFPoHM.jpg

3ECxk6S.jpg

507GJjz.jpg

oB9YRn1.jpg

z36XaCS.jpg

vIZDdDa.jpg

8b89GW7.jpg

CLY6BhH.jpg

Yep3gV2.jpg

kFAtmgv.jpg

J63JpeK.jpg
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member

> Or family players go into a state of shock.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Sims 2 is such an amazing game, even after all these years later. I simply can not see Sims 4 standing that test of time. Sims 2 really does deserve its "best in series" unofficial title.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    Sims 2 is such an amazing game, even after all these years later. I simply can not see Sims 4 standing that test of time. Sims 2 really does deserve its "best in series" unofficial title.

I have a huge thing for graphics, and even though Sims 2 doesn't have great ones, and glitches out on me, it's gameplay is just so great that it doesn't bother me as much.

I really would have enjoyed a mesh of 2 & 3 together, it could have been outstanding <3
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I agree, that is what I was hoping for in Sims 4 - a really awesome mash up of the best of Sims 2 and 3. And look what we got served. It's like hoping for lobster and getting dog food instead :(
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    I agree, that is what I was hoping for in Sims 4 - a really awesome mash up of the best of Sims 2 and 3. And look what we got served. It's like hoping for lobster and getting dog food instead :(

They have had 15 years worth of good ideas and they have just thrown it away thanks to 'Olympus'
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Hestia wrote: »

They are a great collective of artists who are in line with the famous Vincent Van Gough o:)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »

I have a huge thing for graphics, and even though Sims 2 doesn't have great ones, and glitches out on me, it's gameplay is just so great that it doesn't bother me as much.

I really would have enjoyed a mesh of 2 & 3 together, it could have been outstanding <3

Bolded emphasis mine, because I agree so much. If Sims 4 had been the best of 2 & 3 combined, they'd have profits out the wazoo. They'd be getting the "Best of.." awards, have a budget for a decently sized and balance team to crank out content, and the forums wouldn't be a war zone. Sigh.

The graphics in Sims 2 don't bother me as much anymore because I have them set at the highest (I've got a monster beast of a computer), and I've got some great default skins & eyes. Because of that, the graphics aren't bad at all.

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Here is a fun thing for Sim families to do in the Sims 2. Trampoline, boing.
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=501526
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Well, I'm not really surprised to see EAMaxis move things around in an attempt to bury us. /sigh But, I find it to be pretty plummy even so. 11 more pages and we hit 1000. Kind of hard to ignore that much feedback, but they seem to be able to do so without blinking an eye.

I really love all the pictures you all are posting!! Wish I could develop enough enthusiasm to actually play... But, at least all of you are helping me enjoy the sims despite it's current condition. Thank you all!!

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Either my video card drivers, my Windows 10 build or EA's lousy game launcher have made TS2UC virtually unplayable - it won't launch - and exiting TS3 caused a nasty crash. Bleh. I was so in the mood for TS2 today too. {sigh} I hope some kind of fix is available soon.
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member

I'm quoting this in my signature, its just too 🐸🐸🐸🐸 accurate.
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Here is a fun thing for Sim families to do in the Sims 2. Trampoline, boing.
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=501526

That's so cute - the kid teaching the adult how to jump :wink:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top