Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    edited August 2015
    Remember this we go @EA will lose a lot of money.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    Just a random pic of my Sims toddler interupting her mums yoga session:

20a9v81.jpg

Who cares about a yoga GP when I can have toddlers AND yoga for free :D

Yoga mod is here if anyone is interested: http://modthesims.info/d/470223

@JessicaSimston which one did you download? There are two downloads and I wasn't sure what to do!

Downlaod the second one as that's the updated version :)
  • MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited August 2015
    Mylita wrote: »
    WHAT??? We are now in a sub-category named Chatter>Feedback??? That is totally disgusting!!! What a load of plum plum plum!!! I am insulted. So this is how they see their long time players who want to see improvements in this game??? I'm sorry, but right now, my blood is steaming and about to boil over. This is so insulting, I can't believe it. I'm almost speechless. They are trying to run us out, that is the only conclusion I can come to.

Mylita

Ugh, EA are reaching "new lows".
    Chatter? What do they think it is? A casual chat about how much more potential the game is and how it can improve?
    This just proves even more that they clearly don't want our feedback.
    I wonder if their is still people from TS2&TS3 development in the team because it clearly doesn't seem like it by the way the game is going.
    Do they even play their games? I bet they do and wish they could improve it but are not allowed because EA has to make everything as cheaply processed as possible because they wasted so much time making Olympus and changed it in the space of a year.
    And now their insisting that our feedback is chatter?????
    Oh no, what more ridiculous changes can they make?
    The OMG button?
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    Just a random pic of my Sims toddler interupting her mums yoga session:

20a9v81.jpg

Who cares about a yoga GP when I can have toddlers AND yoga for free :D

Yoga mod is here if anyone is interested: http://modthesims.info/d/470223

@JessicaSimston which one did you download? There are two downloads and I wasn't sure what to do!

Downlaod the second one as that's the updated version :)

> Thanks
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @JessicaSimston thank you :)

@Mylita be honest-are you really surprised? I'm not. It goes alongside removing the forums from their promotional materials, trying to force everyone onto external social media, dismissive statements about issues. I haven't seen them make any real attempts to show they listen to us. Have you? :(

We represent a very inconvenient and uncomfortable section of the community for them right now. We've shown how much we care and that we do exist and should have been catered to but are constantly pushed aside while they release remnants from Olympus.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    I was disgusted at the "chatter" feauture. No EA, we aren't sitting in a corner drinking coffee and going "EA is amazing, TS4 is wonderful, I want Get Together and toddlers suck". Seriosly EA, you act like a toddler (pun not intended).
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    You guys know that it's not meant to be insulting don't you? It's just the term they used to lump the various categories together. I mean would you rather be called Miscellaneous? Someone else was insulted by the term "child". It's meant as a sub category to the main board. There are plenty of reasons to be upset with EA but this really isn't meant as an insult. There are a lot of forums that use it.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • 8Faith88Faith8 Posts: 3,546 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm a family player-I've always loved creating families in sims, starting a family from scratch and watching as my family progress over multiple generations. I can play one family for years-and I loved seeing their progress from the original sim down to my current sim with a family tree. I love how different each family can be from another previous family-they all have different traits and it's so funny to watch the family dynamic in each family shift. I used to look at my family tree with pride-I would look back at all their photos with fond memories of the time I shared with those sims.

I love toddlers-they have much more personality than babies and are the start of a beautiful relationship with their family-their siblings and parents are challenged by them but they are very rewarding. They have so much potential for fun and mischief!

Babies in the sims 4 leave me cold-I really feel that making them be stuck to the bassinet is such a loss-with multitasking being the amazing new tool in the sims it seems ridiculous that they can't utilise that for new parents-the time when sims need the most help!

At first I was hopeful they would finish this game and add the omissions from family play. But given the lack of announcements and the patches being anything other than family play related I worry.

I felt like we really need to make it glaringly obvious to EA that family players exist given the lack of acknowledgement for our play style being thrown out-and that the omissions from sims4 can be game breaking for many of us.

I shouldn't have to ask this but please be polite and respectful in this thread-I'm not here looking to threaten anyone else's play-I'm just trying to give a voice to those of us who feel like we are being ignored by EA and want sims 4 to be universally loved!

Feel free to show us what you love about family play in previous sims games, a little story, a screenshot of a family you've loved to play with etc :-)

I really understand what you mean. In TS3 I started a family from scratch and viewed my family tree with pride, just like most legacy simmers out there. I played my family since the BG and can't even remember what generation I got to, I just lost count.

I have just had my first baby sim in TS4 and it was so annoying. I felt like i was back in TS1 with the basket popping out of nowhere. I couldn't do anything with the baby and awful to say, but I did forget about it at one point..... oops. I believe that a great potential was lost by taking the toddlers out of the game. The sims seem a lot more loving and realistic within TS3 then in any other sims series and actions are a lot smoother and again caring. So much could have been introduced with toddlers including more realistic and caring actions towards them.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens for us. I wouldn't be surprised if they reintroduced the Generations expansion and added toddlers........ *sigh*. I wouldn't hold you breath as they cannot even make a stable game that supports a sims last name changing when they get married.
  • MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    @JessicaSimston thank you :)

@Mylita be honest-are you really surprised? I'm not. It goes alongside removing the forums from their promotional materials, trying to force everyone onto external social media, dismissive statements about issues. I haven't seen them make any real attempts to show they listen to us. Have you? :(

We represent a very inconvenient and uncomfortable section of the community for them right now. We've shown how much we care and that we do exist and should have been catered to but are constantly pushed aside while they release remnants from Olympus.

I figured it out ages ago...the whole of Get Together is based off Olympus.
    why I think this:
    - Similar world
    - Its about hanging with friends and SOCIALlising.

Its soo obvious and EA might as well admit it now.
    They were trying to think of distractions for long-time/Generational players but then decided 2 scrap us all together and try and aim for the "Bro/Party/non-generational simulations" market (which barely exists in gaming, GTA rules all).
    They decided 2 use ideas from Olympus making it easier 4 them.
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    So, a little update from my experiment...... as my sims 3 is out of order while my other computer is having a clean up (i dont have a gaming pc, just a simple pc and laptop so my games are on different devices)

So i deleted the orphanage, it 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off too much..... there is definitely something that needs to be added or expanded on. Though toddlers or even preteens would make that game more fun, a varity of lifestages is definitely needed to play an orphanage game. And it would need some more objects for the lifestages and interactions. I have played this game on s3 with generations ep, and i had an awesome time with it.

Anyway i went back to Lizzy and her two housemates. I didnt play for long, as im eager to get back to my legacy on s3 and dont want to get attched to Lizzy as i know when babies arrive i wont enjoy playing them without toddlers etc. So i just loaded up and let the sims take the floor to show me what they got..... well Lizzy has stopped flirting and has decided to commit to Matt, to be honest i dont relly know what happened as i was watching Hercules (i love that film) i thought she liked both Matt and Lucas (i specifically designed Lucas for her) but then i was looking on her friend list and Lucas is just a BFF and not romantic relationship shows, so i guess the flirting was just harmless friendship flirting. And the NPC seemed to have been culled so..... it just Matt.

Well matt and lizzy are just smitten with each other, when one comes home from work the other will greet them with a kiss, they are constantly touching and hugging and laughing its rather sweet. Well Lucas didnt seem to be left out on a romance as he meet a co worker and bumped into her at the park and well..... lets just say he has meet his match, both ambitious and cheerful.
    (i should have taken pictures so you could have a look..... never mind maybe another time)

Well now i need to tell you about a bug i have..... i really need to repair game (as i think its that last time i had a bug a couple of months back, i repaired it and it seemed to of fixed it) anyway, its the woohoo interaction it seems to be blank (the speech) so i wanted Lizzy and Matt to woohoo as they seemed to be getting steamy, and well..... it turns out i clicked the wrong blank speech and it turned out to be try for a baby as i dont have mods i know it was my fault for clicking the wrong blank speech. So lizzy has a bun in the oven, at YA, with no toddlers..... wasnt relly where i was heading with it just yet.

So besides me popping to to get a screen shot of the now four sims, i probably wont plays these for a while, as i like these characters and want to play with thier offspring through ALL lifestages if they arrive. But when i get a chance, ill give a pic of how pretty these sims look.

And just for the record if i was a sim i would want Lucas with Matts personality :wink:

Sorry for another long one, but wanted to give you guys the final update on my experiment, and if anyone iss olaying s4 at the moment, and want to experiment on the orphanage (just in case you get the urge and you may have a different response) i have put them on the gallery.
  • Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    You guys know that it's not meant to be insulting don't you? It's just the term they used to lump the various categories together. I mean would you rather be called Miscellaneous? Someone else was insulted by the term "child". It's meant as a sub category to the main board. There are plenty of reasons to be upset with EA but this really isn't meant as an insult. There are a lot of forums that use it.

I'm also pretty sure this was SimGuruDrake's idea and that she didn't mean to make us feel disregarded. "Chatter" contains the most important topics of this forum and the good thing is that whenever something is posted here, it'll show up as the newest post for this category,meaning also people who normally just check out General Discussion will now see we exist ;)
  • DinahMoosDinahMoos Posts: 24 New Member
    @esharpmajor So true, I never really thought about that... Great Idea!
  • DinahMoosDinahMoos Posts: 24 New Member
    @Hestia I love the signature...
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited August 2015

This.
    I'm usually the last one in line to defend EA, and the very first to criticise them, but these are just category names, and I'm fairly sure that there were no nefarious intentions behind SGDrake's naming of the categories, such as chat, parent & child which, have been named the same by other forum software and admin's for as long as I can remember.

edit because of typo fail. Note to self - "Child" has a "D" on the end.

Welcome back MrHawk! :D
    Post edited by Pary on
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    Hi everyone, hope you all had a good weekend. :)

Been having loads of fun with my TS3 game, actually spent a good 6 hours in game playing and building and playing some more. :) Love it. :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
    edited August 2015
    Mylita wrote: »
    WHAT??? We are now in a sub-category named Chatter>Feedback??? That is totally disgusting!!! What a load of plum plum plum!!! I am insulted. So this is how they see their long time players who want to see improvements in this game??? I'm sorry, but right now, my blood is steaming and about to boil over. This is so insulting, I can't believe it. I'm almost speechless. They are trying to run us out, that is the only conclusion I can come to.

Mylita

Wow they are sinking to new levels of ignorance now. :( It's like been pushed under a rug.

So disappointed this thread was moved like that, more disappointed that EA cannot try to calm their loyal fans. :(
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    34 messages since i last checked?

I guess they haven't announced toddlers since i have been here have they? ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    All of the "General Discussion" threads are filed under "Chatter". I guess it would be weird to call it "General Discussion", when it includes "General Discussion" as well... Chatter is a bit of a trivialising word, I agree, but it could be worse it could be Twitter :sunglasses:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1

haha If they did that, it would probably break the internet. B)

God forbid they get recognition for doing something positive! Only negative for EA will do. :D
    FEvr1sR.gif

Hmmmm.... let me check....

....Nope :expressionless:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
    All of the "General Discussion" threads are filed under "Chatter". I guess it would be weird to call it "General Discussion", when it includes "General Discussion" as well... Chatter is a bit of a trivialising word, I agree, but it could be worse it could be Twitter :sunglasses:

haha True that.
    FEvr1sR.gif

haha True that.

Twitter *sigh* I still can't believe it took on, let alone took over. I remember when it came out, I was quite scathing of the whole idea, but someone clearly had a much better notion than me of where the future was heading.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

God forbid they get recognition for doing something positive! Only negative for EA will do. :D

If they add toddlers then i will probably 'die of laughter' lol

'hey guys, sorry about the delay, here are your toddlers, cars, open world and dishwashers. Oh, we removed the goals as well and threw in CASt and there is also a CAW tool for you to download'

:smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

haha True that.

Twitter *sigh* I still can't believe it took on, let alone took over. I remember when it came out, I was quite scathing of the whole idea, but someone clearly had a much better notion than me of where the future was heading.

I don't like Twitter much myself, hardly use it so I hope the future isn't a Twitter affair. :o
    FEvr1sR.gif

If they add toddlers then i will probably 'die of laughter' lol

'hey guys, sorry about the delay, here are your toddlers, cars, open world and dishwashers. Oh, we removed the goals as well and threw in CASt and there is also a CAW tool for you to download'

:smiley:

If that was announced I would have to give my ears a good clean to make sure I heard right. lol :#
    FEvr1sR.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top