Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of businesses do your sims run?

Jinx23Jinx23 Posts: 436 Member
One of my families recently had Bigfoot move in, and since he already has max skills/talent badges I decided I am just going to have him start a business. But I can't decide on the type! I am considering a farmer's market type place selling vegetables, fish, and maybe some prepared meals. What kind of successful businesses do your sims have?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm playing the BACC challenge and it's all about running businesses- pretty much. Every family I play has a business and a few I haven't started but have in the works.

Are you wanting to make money or make fun lots for your Sims to visit?

My Bigfoot has a Theater Club but mostly they have music nights. It's a money maker- over a million.

I'm getting money up for him to start a Bigfoot Campground with all the fun stuff from his home- axes, log rolls, fishing, things like that-and tents.

I'm going to make a Dark Monk Gambling hall in a dark dungeon- if I can. I haven't got the layout yet but it sounds like a money maker. A bar and poker. :D

I'm going to set up a fun lot from Takemizu Village with the mahjong, tea, the garden and just fancy it up. :D

Course, there will me a Mysterious Monkey Temple with the hidden Treasure area and a fountain of youth.

The best money makers are with the ticket Machine. A Dance club, Karaoke, - things like that. :)

I have a Hotdog Hut where they sale just hotdogs. I was trying to sell Pizza but those are only worth 1 or 2 simoleons and not the forty I wanted. :D

So, have fun.

I want set up a haunted house, If it works. I wonder if I can send ghosts to owned lots? :/
  • Jinx23Jinx23 Posts: 436 Member
    @Rflong7 I'm looking for mostly just a fun business to run, not necessarily to make a boat loads of cash from it. But these are really good ideas! I I might have him open up a club!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2015
    The easiest business any of my sims ever ran was one where sims would pay to get in. Once inside there was fun things for them to do. I had a poker table, pool table, mahjong table, along with a couple of arcade machines. I also had a drink and snack vending machine, with a couple of small dining table with chairs. There was also a small restroom as well. My sim hired a maid, and they would come in once a day and clean the place up. I placed this on my sim's home lot, and this was created in a separate building away from the family home.

Sometimes my sims would interact with all the stuff, and those who came over, and other times they would just not do anything associated with the business, but kept the business open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This was also the most enjoyable of all the different business that I have played in the past.
  • arielsimmerarielsimmer Posts: 38 New Member
    My sim runs a flower shop with the plants from Build Mode.
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    My sim runs a flower shop with the plants from Build Mode.

Same, and one's her daughters make when they've got the time to help mom with her store. All daughters are named after flowers, and dad? Dad's busy with needs to buy more and more expensive crap that mom makes. "But darling, this ugly llama statue was only 3500 Simoleons!"
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    Bubble blowing business :)
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I ran a children's/nursery store. It was fun decorating and making everything cute.
  • SZ5061SZ5061 Posts: 29 Member
    edited August 2015
    I currently have my one sim owning clothing departments, and they are all H&Ms, he owns 5 of them!
  • CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    My sim-self's father owns a mall at Windsor City (my custom Downtown) and a supermarket at Citadel Valley (my home world)
    I'm back!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Sims love Gyms- especially the treadmills. I like adding a sauna and a pool and the ballet bar. It's fun for the other families to visit.

Arcades are great for your teens and have the phone kiosk there.