Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Windows 10

nate3300nate3300 Posts: 51 Member
Hi Simmers!

I have great news to share!

I have just updated my laptop to Windows 10, and I am happy to say that The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection will run perfectly fine on the Windows 10 software!

It was not officially stated if or if not The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection would work or not on Windows 10, but after launching it, it seemed to run fine!

My worries were that the game wouldn't run on Windows 10 because The Sims 2 is such an old game, but then there was a theory in my head that thought: "If The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection worked on Windows 8, then it should work on Windows 10!" and gladly my thought was right!

I am so happy to share this news with you and happy that our favorite old game is still running and performing strong!

Thanks!
Nate3300Simmer

Comments

• popalopnpopalopn Posts: 95 Member
    This is good news for me as it is my favorite Sims game :)
    One thing you learn when you've lived as long as I have - people aren't all good , and people aren't all bad. We move in and out of darkness and light all of our lives.
    -Neal Shusterman, Unwind.
  • nate3300nate3300 Posts: 51 Member
    @popalopn It's one of my favorite Sims game too! For me, the game seems to be running better and faster on Windows 10! I was really excited when I found this out!
    Nate3300Simmer
  • worm178worm178 Posts: 4,462 Member
    Any noticeable changes in how the game runs?
    Click it » My blog features Sims stuff like Machinima, Downloads, Stories, Reviews, and more!
    @worm178 Yes, the game runs faster and loads faster! It seems like everything is faster in the game on Windows 10! :)
    Nate3300Simmer
    Did you have to run it in compatibility mode?
    One thing you learn when you've lived as long as I have - people aren't all good , and people aren't all bad. We move in and out of darkness and light all of our lives.
    @popalopn I don't think I had to! I just pressed play on The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in Origin, and then the game started up and performed very well! :)
    Nate3300Simmer
    Im installing right now :D
    @popalopn It's a REALLY fun game to play! I love the cuts scenes where they capture the most important parts! (I wish they would bring those back!)

Have fun playing and Simming! :)
    Nate3300Simmer
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    nate3300 wrote: »
    @worm178 Yes, the game runs faster and loads faster! It seems like everything is faster in the game on Windows 10! :)

That is soooo cool! :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    My Sims 2 UC game also worked fine.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
    @Sigzy05 I was as amazed as you were when I found out the same thing! :)
    Nate3300Simmer
    @WinMacSims3 I am happy to hear (actual "see" because you typed it) that you are experiencing the same thing!

Have fun Simming! :)
    Nate3300Simmer
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Awesome news! Though one suggestion that I would strongly recommend to all. BACK UP your neighborhoods and your CC to an external hard drive before you update. It's always better to be safe, rather than sorry.
  • Juniormints74Juniormints74 Posts: 288 Member
    Thanks so much for letting us know! That was the one reason I was reluctant to upgrade to Windows 10: I was worried that I wouldn't be able to run The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection anymore. I'm happy to report that I've now upgraded to Windows 10 & my game still runs perfectly! Whew, what a relief! Thanks again & Happy Simming everyone! :)<3
  • ohmyglobguysohmyglobguys Posts: 346 Member
    This is great news! Thanks for sharing. :D!
    tumblr_n1hktrsv5i1skyr7eo1_500.gif

My wishlist: MeanMasterJay
    My Top 5
  • LittleFlower1995LittleFlower1995 Posts: 9 New Member
    Does it still run if we have the disk of the games...? XD Because I have the all the disks to it. XD
    @LittleFlower1995 if you have the disks of the game you can try to ask for the ultimate collection by chatting with an EA support chat person online. Just ask nicely and keep trying if they say no. :D
  • KayleiMarieKayleiMarie Posts: 68 Member
    popalopn wrote: »
    @LittleFlower1995 if you have the disks of the game you can try to ask for the ultimate collection by chatting with an EA support chat person online. Just ask nicely and keep trying if they say no. :D

I lost my base game and had a chat with EA support today, I just had to prove I had at least one EP for TS2 and they gave me a code for UC so you should definitely give it a go @LittleFlower1995 :)
    Origin: KayleiMarie
    Twitter: @kayleimarie
    I'm pretty much just KayleiMarie
  • jegoodejegoode Posts: 267 Member

I lost my base game and had a chat with EA support today, I just had to prove I had at least one EP for TS2 and they gave me a code for UC so you should definitely give it a go @LittleFlower1995 :)

Are they really giving it out for free still? I have a friend who really would like the Ultimate Collection - I thought you had to have the base game (which she no longer has) in order to prove that you had the game?? O_o
    Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
    YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/user/MJSimKat
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"
  • crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    With Windows 10, the sim shadow glitch was fixed for me.
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    jegoode wrote: »

Are they really giving it out for free still? I have a friend who really would like the Ultimate Collection - I thought you had to have the base game (which she no longer has) in order to prove that you had the game?? O_o

sadly no. But if your friend has a product key might have a big chance.
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    Mines also playing fine on 10 although the resolution was stuck on 800 but I got it fixed. :)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Do shadows work? They are greyed out in options (set to medium) on 8.1.
  • CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited August 2015
    With Windows 10, the sim shadow glitch was fixed for me.

With Windows 10, the sims shadow glitch returned to me.
    jegoode wrote: »

Yes, they are giving it out for free. Go to EA help, tell them that your psycho father burned your The Sims 2 disk for a ritual against everything game and there's a chance you'll get it. If not, try and try again until you succeed.
    I'm back!
  • johnsilva_johnsilva_ Posts: 3 New Member
    I installed TS2 Ultimate Collection on a low-end notebook running Windows 10, and it's been working brilliantly with all expansion packs. The only problem is that it takes too long to load the main interface and the menus, but still not enough to ruin the game.

Anyways, I still have to much to explore on The Sims 2, because I never had the 'full' game with all expansions. Happy for playing it again and remembering the old days on this awesome game.