Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't understand why they announced it so far in advance. November isn't "soon".

What the title says.

Comments

• Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    It won't feel so far away in twelve days.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    SarduchiSarduchi Posts: 208 Member
    Because they, like most of us, like money. So they announce it so they can pre-sell it.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sarduchi wrote: »
    Because they, like most of us, like money. So they announce it so they can pre-sell it.

Not me, money is useful don't get me wrong, but what I like is cuddles and cookies :3
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    JnyxJnyx Posts: 273 Member
    Moodbeamy wrote: »

In twelve days, it's still 2 months away.

I don't think they did it for presales. Announcing it three months early [especially when you consider the situation surrounding Sims 4] isn't going to help presales, it's just leading to people talking about it for the first couple weeks and then it dying out. With us left there saying "okay, now what?" and then a couple weeks before it comes out, the hype will build up again.

Hopefully they have some great patches or packs planned for the months before it's release.
  • Options
    SarduchiSarduchi Posts: 208 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Not me, money is useful don't get me wrong, but what I like is cuddles and cookies :3

Money can be exchanged for cuddles and cookies.
  • Options
    SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    More than likely I think they had nothing else planned for Gamescom, so why not announce an Expansion Pack 4 months ahead to take up the place for it.

Personally, I need more information and I feel that's what will keep the audience of the game informed. Give as little information as possible so they visit the site/fansites every week to stay in tune for the next MESMERIZING amount of details on the game.

That's my guess...lord only knows what they think when announcing games 4 months in advanced!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Jnyx wrote: »
    Moodbeamy wrote: »

In twelve days, it's still 2 months away.

I don't think they did it for presales. Announcing it three months early [especially when you consider the situation surrounding Sims 4] isn't going to help presales, it's just leading to people talking about it for the first couple weeks and then it dying out. With us left there saying "okay, now what?" and then a couple weeks before it comes out, the hype will build up again.

Hopefully they have some great patches or packs planned for the months before it's release.

Racheal said something every month so that to me sounds like stuff or gamepacks coming in Sep and Oct.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Well it's better than announcing it 3 years before release day like Nintendo did with Animal Crossing New Leaf.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    It does seem odd as they had so little to show about it at gamescom and it still being worked on.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    EA probably told them to do a presentation and dance on stage or they might have just wanted to share some news, I kind of don't think it's the latter since we weren't really told anything about the new EP.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    They announce it early and have it up for preorder to get an idea of predicted sales figures for the game.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Based on what was shown I think it's safe to assume the Sims team was pretty much forced into the announcement. they obviously don't have enough complete to really tell us much of anything. What we did see still excites me, but I think it's a shame and is going to affect the expansion overall. ):
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    Simsocity wrote: »
    More than likely I think they had nothing else planned for Gamescom, so why not announce an Expansion Pack 4 months ahead to take up the place for it.

Personally, I need more information and I feel that's what will keep the audience of the game informed. Give as little information as possible so they visit the site/fansites every week to stay in tune for the next MESMERIZING amount of details on the game.

That's my guess...lord only knows what they think when announcing games 4 months in advanced!

But it's a pack. I'd rather only know maybe a month and a half before it's release...
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    I assume it was because it was Gamescom and it's good to announce stuff there I guess.
  • Options
    0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    They obviously didn't have anything else worth announcing yet, meaning one of two things; they are either working on something better that wasn't quite ready to be released or they genuinely just didn't have a single other thing.
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • Options
    bethanyablottbethanyablott Posts: 85 Member
    Based on what was shown I think it's safe to assume the Sims team was pretty much forced into the announcement. they obviously don't have enough complete to really tell us much of anything. What we did see still excites me, but I think it's a shame and is going to affect the expansion overall. ):

This may be the reason that the announce trailer didn't reveal much.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    The presentation did not seem like something the Sims team would want to do. Honestly, do you think that any of them wanted to do a dance party on stage?
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options

But it's a pack. I'd rather only know maybe a month and a half before it's release...

That's what I'm saying! Why announce it 4 months ahead when you can get everyone hyped for it, like in a month and a half (like you said), to keep the excitement up? I agree with you....a month and a half to two months sounds like a great timeframe.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    They didn't have any stuff packs to announce at the time. :P
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    jegoodejegoode Posts: 267 Member
    Well it's no worse than them announcing The Sims 2, I remember waiting at least 2 years for that game =-O
    Origin ID: MJSimKat_14
    YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/user/MJSimKat
    "Just Exquisitely Goode"
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    They announced the expansion pack for Guild Wars 2 in January and it still doesn't have a release date. Or Metal Gear Solid 5 was announced years ago. You know nothing of waiting a long time!
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    JnyxJnyx Posts: 273 Member
    They announced the expansion pack for Guild Wars 2 in January and it still doesn't have a release date. Or Metal Gear Solid 5 was announced years ago. You know nothing of waiting a long time!

This thread isn't about other games. Go away.
  • Options

This.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

This.

I understand that other games may have had timeframes longer than the expansions announced for The Sims, but we are all used to them announcing games 2/3 months in advanced and not 1-2 years like other games you guys have said.

The longest we've had to wait for a base game was of course a year, but expansions, stuff packs, and now the game packs are all announced relatively close to their releases. Sorry, but using other games doesn't help when The Sims has gone off of a different routine.
  • Options

This.

I understand that other games may have had timeframes longer than the expansions announced for The Sims, but we are all used to them announcing games 2/3 months in advanced and not 1-2 years like other games you guys have said.

The longest we've had to wait for a base game was of course a year, but expansions, stuff packs, and now the game packs are all announced relatively close to their releases. Sorry, but using other games doesn't help when The Sims has gone off of a different routine.

I'm sorry, but how far is November really?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1