Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    edited August 2015
    Hi everyone! :) I'm happy I was able to finish this week's challenge in time and I had a lot of fun with it! I kept a more traditional style to please aunt Corrie, but included modern electronics and appliances for uncle Jurie!

I used the Beech Byway lot in Newcrest and I think it looks better there because it's a corner lot, so if possible please place it there! :)

Under Renovation: Challenge 11
    Origin ID: vepeixoto03
    Forum ID: vethesims
    Link to gallery: Here
    Name of your build: Not So Forgotten Mill
    Cheats used: MOO, 0/9, showhiddenobjects, unlockables
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $234,748
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes
    Pictures:

Front of the build with uncle Jurie doing a little fishing.
    1_zpsocyyycoc.jpg

Back of the build and aunt Corrie painting.
    2_zps2zlpdgl2.jpg

A nice study corner for uncle Jurie and aunt Corrie to use the computer together while looking at some family photos (photos will be unframed when you download it :/)
    3_zps2ytzfwun.jpg

Aunt Corrie cooking in the beautiful kitchen.
    fkgjhkh_zpszmvnv14h.jpg

A shot of the big table in the backyard for the whole family to eat together when visiting.
    5_zpsdp9hxob5.jpg
    Post edited by vethesims on
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    Boy this is going to be tough to judge.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @mommataurus2 I agree its getting tougher each week everyone is improving to much haha
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    @vethesims Your build is beautiful :) something I can imagine living in XD
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    @persrealmsshadow thanks, I'm happy you like it! I can totally imagine living in a house like that myself! :)
  • tounette56tounette56 Posts: 39 Member
    Origin ID: tounette56
    Forum ID: tounette56
    Link to gallery: h ttp://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/0DA3619746F511E581EDB68C450CFC58?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=tounette56&max=25&maxis=false
    Name of your build: Pleasant Mill
    Cheats used: moo, showhiddenobjects
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $175,014
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes please

I am having troubles with the stairs going to the upper bedroom, they disappear when I place the build on a different lots. The best lot to put it on is Civic Cliffs (I built it on this) in Newcrest. If anyone downloads it could you please let me know if the stairs were there? I have tried everything but they keep disappearing :(

h ttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/tounette56/Under%20Renovation%20Challenge/Pleasant%20Mill%201_zpshekgyyau.png
    h ttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/tounette56/Under%20Renovation%20Challenge/Pleasant%20Mill2_zpszdzypeal.png
    h ttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/tounette56/Under%20Renovation%20Challenge/Pleasant%20Mill%203_zpsudaqkcdx.png
    h ttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/tounette56/Under%20Renovation%20Challenge/Pleasant%20Mill%204_zpse2hy6nvw.png
    h ttp://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll34/tounette56/Under%20Renovation%20Challenge/Pleasant%20Mill%205_zpslhlz0tql.png

Good luck everyone :)
    mum%20final_zpsuog1fjp8.png
    Visit my gallery at tounette56 to see my renovations and builds
    Check out my most recent builds Windenburg Forest and Rocket Ship
  • PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    tounette56 wrote: »
    Origin ID: tounette56
    Forum ID: tounette56
    Link to gallery: Here
    Name of your build: Pleasant Mill
    Cheats used: moo, showhiddenobjects
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $175,014

I am having troubles with the stairs going to the upper bedroom, they disappear when I place the build on a different lots. The best lot to put it on is Civic Cliffs (I built it on this) in Newcrest. If anyone downloads it could you please let me know if the stairs were there? I have tried everything but they keep disappearing :(

Pleasant%20Mill%201_zpshekgyyau.png
    Pleasant%20Mill2_zpszdzypeal.png
    Pleasant%20Mill%203_zpsudaqkcdx.png
    Pleasant%20Mill%204_zpse2hy6nvw.png
    Pleasant%20Mill%205_zpslhlz0tql.png

Good luck everyone :)

My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Hidden Secrets Mill is a very nice home! @pammiechick :) The wooden texture exterior of the home looks very nice! The planter box windows look very nice in the build and the red windows complement well with the exterior texture. Very nice front garden areas! The sunflowers are sunny for sims to enjoy seeing when sitting in the sunshine on the seat bench. Very nice harvestable garden! Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants there. The yellow flowers and the flower cart look nice either sides of the front door, for sims to see as they enter the home. The outdoors living, dining, hot tub and pool patio is so very nice! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool or relaxing in the tub. The black marble flooring looks very nice! The trees look very nice how you have placed them on the edges of the patio. The roof covered pergola bar area is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools there having a drink from the bar in the outdoors air. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating their food at the umbrella covered table in the sunshine. Sims will enjoy having a relaxing foot and hsnd massage on the chair there. Very nice sofa and armchairs sitting and chatting nook under the upper balcony! Nice upper chess playing area. Sims will have very nice views whilst having fun playing chess. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room is very nice! Very nice red and brown colour scheme of the room! It looks nice the way you have placed the sofas back to back in the room. The fireplace will keep the sims warm. The enlarged flowers and the candles on the coffee table are very pretty for sims to enjoy seeing when sitting there. Very nice master bedroom! The red and black colour scheme of the bedroom is very nice! Very nice black marble flooring! The white sparkles look pretty on the black flooring. The type of curtains that you have used there looks nice. It is nice that you have a massage table in the room. The blossoms are pretty either sides of the bed, and the candles light adds a nice look in the room. Very nice design of the kitchen! The round island bar stool counter is great! The paintings on the wall and the watering can of flowers on the dining table are very nice for sims to enjoy looking at when cooking and dining there. The brick texture of some of the interior walls in the home looks great, adding a nice look combined with the other walls. The flower kitchen curtains are pretty. Sims will like the sunlight coming in through the windows whilst cooking.
    The home is very nice :)
    Not So Forgotten Mill is such a very nice home! @vethesims. :) I have posted about your home on your showcase thread. The outdoors areas and the furnishing of the interior of the home is very nice!
    looks very interesting lol not use to this forum stuff might have to give it a go :)

Hello @gothkittymimi :) It would be great if you entered the challenge! Congratulations on your Eco Alien Starter home being favourited by Maxis! :)
    Pleasant Mills is a very nice home! @tounette56 :) The brick texture of the exterior looks nice. It looks very nice how you have used the left and right open shutter windows in the build. The wooden texture of the water wheel looks very nice! The front garden area looks so very pretty! It is nice that you have placed a seat bench there, for sims to enjoy sitting there amidst the nice floral setting! The birdbath is a nice touch there. Sims will enjoy fishing in the pond. Nice backyard pool patio. Sims will have fun swimming in the pool or enjoy resting poolside on the loungers under the umbrella. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! It is nice that there is a sauna room in the build. Very nice kids room! The teddy looks cute there! It looks nice how you have placed the beds in the room, and the red floor rugs add a nice look in the room.
  • tounette56tounette56 Posts: 39 Member
    Thank you @rosemow :)
    mum%20final_zpsuog1fjp8.png
    Visit my gallery at tounette56 to see my renovations and builds
    Check out my most recent builds Windenburg Forest and Rocket Ship
    Thanks @rosemow and thanks for your comment in my showcase thread! :)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Thank you @rosemow for your lovely comments! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    Origin ID: RivendellStar
    Forum ID: RivendellStar
    Link to gallery: thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/119B8ECC475A11E5857E2610A2CDE195?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=RivendellStar&max=50&maxis=false
    Name of your build: MountainTop Oasis Mill
    Cheats used: moveobjects, showhiddenobjects
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $143,489
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes
    Pictures:
    FrontView_zpslmaxo8wy.jpg Back_zps5a7blz0j.jpgLivingRoom_zpsmeusgixu.jpg KitchenDining_zpshlolvwhc.jpgLoft_zpse3s22euy.jpg[/url]
    jiyKE8j.png
    It is my first time linking to the gallery; I am not sure if my link worked right or not. Please let me know how to fix it if it doesn't work. Thanks!
    jiyKE8j.png
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    It is my first time linking to the gallery; I am not sure if my link worked right or not. Please let me know how to fix it if it doesn't work. Thanks!

it worked great @RivendellStar =)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• GuruFanNo1GuruFanNo1 Posts: 389 Member
    I will do the next one
    Oh good. I am glad the link worked! It must have been a delay issue. It works now but not earlier lol. Thanks for the comments.
    jiyKE8j.png
    MountainTop Oasis Mill is very nice! @RivendellStar :) The patterning on the exterior of the and the flower box windows look very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the pond and placed the large rocks on the edges of it in the front area of the home! The backyard area is very nice! The water fountains feature in the pool looks very nice! The large rocks look great there as well. The corner area with the trees, plants and rocks looks nice. Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating their meals at the umbrella covered tables in the sunshine, enjoying the nice sight of the water fountains. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room is very nice. It looks nice how you have placed the sofas together to create an L shape. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there, watching TV , reading a book from the bookcase and warming up near the fire. The patterned floor rug looks nice there. Very nice design of the kitchen and eat in dining room! The wall paneling is nice. The sunflowers on the dining table are sunny for sims to enjoy seeing when eating their meals. It looks nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets, and the fruit bowl, wall knives and hanging pans are nice home touches there. The wall tiling in the cooking area is nice, The upstairs reading and TV watching nook is very nice! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst sitting there. The plants are a nice touch of nature on the window ledge.
    @rosemow Thanks for your nice comment :)
    jiyKE8j.png
  • XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Origin ID: Xinqun
    Forum ID: Xinqun
    Link to gallery: Victoria Under Glass
    Name of your build: Victoria Under Glass
    Cheats used: Resize (the truck in front only)
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 165,319 simoleons

Pictures:

Front view
    UR11a.jpg

Back view
    UR11b.jpg

Ground floor/mezzanine: a modern, loft-style open plan, with everything that our elderly retirees might need on the ground floor; the only thing upstairs is the guest suite.
    UR11c.jpg

A view of the double-height living area.
    UR11d.jpg

A view of the kitchen and dinin area, from the mezzanine.
    UR11e.jpg
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Wow guys I am about to settle in and judge all these entries and I am scared haha they are all so great
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦