Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graphic Setting Advice for this MacBook Pro

Hello all,

I have a pretty beefy MacBook Pro with Retina Display, but I have an awful time trying to figure out which graphic settings are best running my game. I was hoping you all could help me out on what settings you would start with and also what to fiddle with if it doesn't run well. My MacBook has the following specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 2048 MB

Comments

• Options
    SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    Hello @drawinfinity89,

Looking at your specs, they look absolutely amazing and above requirements for the game!

Processor speed, memory, and graphics all look to be very good. You said you've tried fiddling with the graphics but haven't reached a good quality of game and performance, correct?

From what I am seeing, I hope you have checked laptop mode on in the settings menu. I would try running all settings(minus sims detail, objects, and 3D screen resolution) all on medium, and the ones in the parentheses on high. This should give your sims and objects good detailing, but plants and lighting medium looks graphics.

Best of luck,
    Simsocity :)
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    You should be able to play on High. I have the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1Gb and everything is on high. Your Mac is powering that lovely retina screen though which I sadly don't have but with the 2Gb dedicated VRAM? No problem :)

In the stickied help thread you'll find links to graphics threads, two of which are relevant to your Mac -

Suggestions for smooth graphics on Retina Macs
    Compare settings to other users on the same Mac
    apple-signature.png