Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What some of the simmers would like.

Dear EA, a good portion of your Sim 4 followers are craving for some good ole fashion traditional content and gameplay, specifically the things that made this great game great from the very beginning. The old phrase "don't fix it, if it ain't broke" has never been more true when it comes to this current Sims 4 game. I think EA is overthinking this thing tremendously. EA has built this game to extremely great success because over the years they gave us things that we actually could use and want to make this game soooo much fun. Now they are trying to reinvent the wheel (using square wheels). But, little do they realize they just need to follow the same blueprint, and success and happy simmers will be followers for life. If they keep going down this road of new and uninteresting gameplay and content, EA may not even make it to Sims 5. They should not take us for granted and think we will just always be there no matter what they put out, because sooner or later some other franchise is going to capitalize on your mistake. Just saying!!!! That is all.

Comments

• Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    p.s.

this simmer is craving the sims 5... and an apology for the sims 4.
  • Options
    magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    p.s.

this simmer is craving the sims 5... and an apology for the sims 4.

YES!!!!!!

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Workable washers and dryers in the sims4 in other word the option to do laundry est bien compris
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    A tropical destination our sims can travel to that's what I want. I also want carnivals and amusement parks.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want Superstar back.. I am afraid with the survey though it will be based on reality tv and youtube. This makes me worry a bit. But I was thinking if they do something like Ramsey's Kitchen. It might actually be fun for me.. because I love the cooking in game. They can even put that on a timer and it's a race to make the best .. whatever. Or a dancing with the stars thing if more dances were added.
    I want a singer. I like watching them try to sing campfire songs.. mine is so terrible at it, but it gives me hope they can have them do many other songs while playing the piano or guitar or just standing at a microphone.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I want toddlers and babies that can be as cute and interactible as the Sims Freeplay ones, except better. I also want preteens too. I want NPCs to return, carpools, school buses, taxis, terrain tool, pond tool, diving boards, pool slides, nursery furniture, more activities for elders and children, and a lot of base game objects to return. I also want to be able to edit the world and lots at least like I could in the Sims 2 if CAW is never going to return. I miss CAST and color wheel too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited August 2015
    I want some old things back -- a Maxis-made way to add more colors to CAS and build/buy objects, a Seasons expansion, a create-a-world option, and some other things -- but I also want things that are fresh and new and haven't been done before. I don't see how fresh-and-new is a worse thing than reintroducing things we've already had. And I enjoy seeing reintroduced things done in fresh ways. I've been playing Sims for 15 years; the same-old can be comforting, but it can also be just more of the same-old.

(Fixed a typo, time for coffee!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I want some old things back -- a Maxis-made way to add more colors to CAS and build/buy objects, a Seasons expansion, a create-a-world option, and some other things -- but I also want things that are fresh and new and haven't been done before. I don't see how fresh-and-new is a worse thing than reintroducing things we've already had. And I enjoy seeing reintroduced things done in fresh ways. I've been playing Sims for 15 years; the same-old can be comforting, but it can also be just more of the same-old.

(Fixed a typo, time for coffee!)
    I think that's why I want a complete school EP instead of just an university EP again. I also want pets expanded with exotic pets and a safari/zoo/aquarium/farm. I don't think old things should be taken away, but expanded upon. It's like don't remove, improve.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    Is this yet another thread for complains or are we saying what we would like in the game?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Is this yet another thread for complains or are we saying what we would like in the game?
    What we want. I have a thread for some of my CAS suggestions in this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/850226/cosmetic-suggestions-for-the-sims-4/p1
  • Options
    Cookie4simsCookie4sims Posts: 149 Member
    Sims 4 is not a bad game but after 30 minutes to a hour game-play time...it gets boring...And No, I don't want to do Legacies or challenges to fill this gap...
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member

OP has a right to do either if they want to.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Well I want more vacation worlds (tropical, oriental world like Takemizu Village and wintery world like in TS1), weather, toddlers, pre-teens, more services patch, turn ons and turn offs, zodiac signs, apartments, cool world with a city landscape the same size as the base game worlds, celebrity system back, diving board patch, online dating computer/phone app, green houses, school active "career", diving/swimming in underwater lots, pets (cats and dogs and hamsters), plumbots or servos with upgrades... I want so many things XD

I guess that at the end I just want it to be a pretty cool simulation game. I like how they have been handling the game content until now, but I'm starving for some family play as well :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

Excuse me did I say he didn't have the right? -.-

I asked because I didn't understood.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Cookie4simsCookie4sims Posts: 149 Member
    I want Sims 4 to be a family type game-play..not just sims meeting up and partying after work and on weekends. That's all good but not all the time. I want all the things @luthienrising and @ Scober describe in their post. And by the way, please fix some of the new features too.
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member

Excuse me did I say he didn't have the right? -.-

I asked because I didn't understood.

It's the way you said "Is this yet another thread for complaints". Anyway I'm not out for an argument.
  • Options
    constanceconstance Posts: 1,379 Member
    Some content that encourages game play using all the age groups. I know a lot of people are tired of simmers moaning about toddlers, but seriously. Give us toddlers. I mean, for real. Not everyone likes playing as young adults the whole time -- throwing parties, going out, drinking, etc etc. I mean, not that that's not fun and stuff, but it gets boring after a while and I feel like it's a major flaw and is exclusive to people who like utilizing all the age groups.
  • Options
    ShuffleJShuffleJ Posts: 273 Member
    Well said. Honestly, I would have been ECSTATIC if Sims 4 was simply a better version of Sims 3 - maybe with some new gameplay. I didn't need a whole new game. Like you said, reinventing the wheel using a square wheel.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited August 2015
    constance wrote: »
    Some content that encourages game play using all the age groups. I know a lot of people are tired of simmers moaning about toddlers, but seriously. Give us toddlers. I mean, for real. Not everyone likes playing as young adults the whole time -- throwing parties, going out, drinking, etc etc. I mean, not that that's not fun and stuff, but it gets boring after a while and I feel like it's a major flaw and is exclusive to people who like utilizing all the age groups.

this ^^^^

I want family play = things to do with family, toddlers, and teens that look like teens (best fix now would be addign tweens)
    I want more freedom in the form of no "holding hand you have to do this game play" that the aspirations and jobs are like now
    self employed with free goals

small carts to set up shops to sell things your sim creat or find... but no goal conected to them.. just a creative tool

a tool to recolor EA content so they don't count as cc (thinking a sim4 version of cap... just this time it is recoloring items and clothes)

world editing tool

hobbies, knithing, yam makeing, sewing, jewelery makeing

normal housekeeping things, that not all sim make the bed on auto.
    tuning down the bro actions (the bro fistbump all sims do before woohoo... let only bro sims do that..) bro actions need to be based on the trait

emotions and actions and whimps more influented by the traits
    npc's: garnder, babysitter, buglar, police, firefighters, nanny, handyman

and I want the family tree fixed so it don't break do to culling
    I want a way to save even non played household from culling
    I want the incest bug fix --- actually I want EA to acknowlegde the bug is there

I want some sort of story progresion, could be as simple as partyes that trigers events (liek the birthday party triger agetransition for inviting sim) a baby shower = pregnant sim, a wedding = 2 sims get marrige, a new job/promotion = sim got well new job/promoted, housewarming = sim moved/moved in with others
    then if you don't go to party it don't happen

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    SimmerForLife101SimmerForLife101 Posts: 61 Member
    edited August 2015
    I want:
    -Sandbox gameplay with less RPG elements, goals, and forced gameplay
    -Option to buy cellphones and landlines
    -Open world
    -All previous life stages (Baby, toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, elder)
    -Teens to actually look like teens, with their own height.
    -Babies to not be objects and be freed from their bassinets (what is this, Sims 1? lol)
    -Create a Style
    -Lively and smart sims
    -At least 5 trait slots from the beginning, instead of only 3
    -Favorites (food, color, music)
    -Zodiac signs
    -Opacity slider for makeup
    -Optional and improved story progression
    -Open restaurants, grocery stores, diners, etc
    -Having quite a few sims on a lot, not just like 1 or 2
    -Ability to buy clothes like in the Sims 2 and 1
    -Ability to buy groceries like in the Sims 2
    -Social interactions from the Sims 2 (like bathing the babies, dinner proposals, etc)
    -Improved turn ons and turn offs
    -Piercings
    -Body hair
    -Animated cars like in the Sims 2 (you can actually see them getting in and out of the car and drive out of the driveway)
    -Height sliders
    -NPC's like firefighters, police, etc
    -Skin tone slider like in Sims 3
    -An offline, single player game for every single pc sims series in the future
    -For them to actually listen to what we want instead of what they want. It is our game after all.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Teresita wrote: »
    A tropical destination our sims can travel to that's what I want. I also want carnivals and amusement parks.

Are you sure you don't want Get Laid EP?
    I'm dying. :joy:
  • Options

just an fyi, i agree with everything that i am about to say... which is...

yes, i'd like that ep very much. very, very much. and i would like very much to flesh out the intricacies of such an expansion as i envision it should be to you all... but, alas, i would be banned, drawn, and quartered in a forum environment where pearl-clutching and gasps of faux indignation is an elevated high art... like a japanese tea pouring ceremony with rice-powdered geishas. so i shall remain flaccidly unexpressive of my appreciation for such an expansion.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member

yes, i'd like that ep very much. very, very much. and i would like very much to flesh out the intricacies of such an expansion as i envision it should be to you all... but, alas, i would be banned, drawn, and quartered in a forum environment where pearl-clutching and gasps of faux indignation is an elevated high art... like a japanese tea pouring ceremony with rice-powdered geishas. so i shall remain flaccidly unexpressive of my appreciation for such an expansion.

Flaccidly. Quite appropriate. :)
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I want:
    -Sandbox gameplay with less RPG elements, goals, and forced gameplay
    -Option to buy cellphones and landlines
    -Open world
    -All previous life stages (Baby, toddler, child, teen, young adult, adult, elder)
    -Teens to actually look like teens, with their own height.
    -Babies to not be objects and be freed from their bassinets (what is this, Sims 1? lol)
    -Create a Style
    -Lively and smart sims
    -At least 5 trait slots from the beginning, instead of only 3
    -Favorites (food, color, music)
    -Zodiac signs
    -Opacity slider for makeup
    -Optional and improved story progression
    -Open restaurants, grocery stores, diners, etc
    -Having quite a few sims on a lot, not just like 1 or 2
    -Ability to buy clothes like in the Sims 2 and 1
    -Ability to buy groceries like in the Sims 2
    -Social interactions from the Sims 2 (like bathing the babies, dinner proposals, etc)
    -Improved turn ons and turn offs
    -Piercings
    -Body hair
    -Animated cars like in the Sims 2 (you can actually see them getting in and out of the car and drive out of the driveway)
    -Height sliders
    -NPC's like firefighters, police, etc
    -Skin tone slider like in Sims 3
    -An offline, single player game for every single pc sims series in the future
    -For them to actually listen to what we want instead of what they want. It is our game after all.

All of the above! I'm cool with new game play ideas as long as I have a solid base game.

Plus a few more--
    -Stop chiseling out content that was previously in the base game to sell back to us later. Especially if you're going to charge $50-70 for the base game. Not impressed with such an obvious money grab.
    -Please don't be lazy with the animations. The rich details of previous versions helped to make the Sims franchise great. Thank you for the free dishwasher, it looks nice, but it's so cheesy to have it open on its own. It screams, "I can't be bothered to make the effort!" If you want me to pay premium prices, MAKE THE EFFORT!
    -Huge population limit, or none at all. Many of us like to play multiple sims & families all throughout the neighborhood. We need enough room to grow without having to worry about culling.
    Which leads me to
    -We need BIG worlds! Ginormous! Ample! Plenty of room to place all manner of residential, community & retail lots. 20 lots just really does not cut it.

• Options

Flaccidly. Quite appropriate. :)

any other word would just be too... turgid and throbbing with penetrating emotion. and i do try very hard to keep my decorum at an acceptable level to lubricate out any possible conversational friction.