Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Reachsims wrote: »
    @Runzu and @LissieBess and those on the previous page... thanks for the thank yous and thanks to everyone who faithfully updates their posts. <3 On the Sims 3 website, many simmers moved on to other things and we ended up with a very large directory. On this new site, I have been making every effort to encourage everyone to update their posts or ask for their names to be removed when they have completed what they want, or when they have moved on to other things. (The EA game with the #4 in the title shall not be named.) >:) My aim is to have a small directory whereby we all can benefit.

@LissieBess - Shopping for you will be easier, more efficient and more fun if you can move your top five items/sets to the top of your list. The longer the wish list, the longer it takes to find things and for some of us, we aim to keep our points even, so we are forced to deal with math all the time. LOL. :blush: Yes, I do use the CTRL+F function and it helps, but still... this applies to everyone and it is most appreciated. Thanks so much for going to this little bit of extra effort in the name of efficiency for any gifters who come across your wish list. Happy Monday and Tuesday to all.

Life is short. Enjoy it as much as you are able. :)

i love that saying.
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    Glad to hear it @friendsfan367 and again, I want to wish you a most wonderfully happy birthday! I hope the entire month brings you lots of joy in many things, both small and larger. :cookie::star:<3

My son has a nice piece of artwork on his wall that I love. It reads something like, Joy is not found in things. It's in US. <3

Back to the topic of things, however, you guys don't want to miss out on this opportunity: Lottery – a chance to win a world hosted by @Sweet2. You are allowed two entries, one for yourself and another for someone else or two entries for others. Please take advantage of that. Even if you don't "know" anyone here, the Gifting Directory alone allows ample opportunity to find another name to enter. Enter one name along with your own and that "stranger" may well become your next friend. Joy to all!
  • WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    Thanks for the lottery nomination @Lizzie1234 and here's to hoping for a win! :smiley: Any help I get with my store (and I've been chasing full ownership since I can back to The Sims 3 after The Sims 4 mad me mad...) purchases means more SimPoints in my account to send out gifts. Lots and lots of shiny gifts! Be sure to keep your Wishlist updated. I've been granted almost my entire "lost" point balance from the other day when I spent about 11,000 points on a Friend List Wishlist sweep due to some...um...advantageous glitches on the ads. Let's just say 5 points every three seconds was something I couldn't help but exploit. If this keeps up I'll be giving out the entire store to just about everyone :D

@runzu you are most welcome for all the awesome stuffs! Though I can't remember what it was I gave you exactly. Sometimes when I go on gifting runs I make up little games like every 5th gift on your list, top three, top 5, my usual three plus a random person getting a bonus 3 items, and a whole bunch more. It doesn't take much to entertain me...oh, I'm a dork aren't I? Actually, I just turned on Netflix on my PS3 I keep in the computer room and my list has Bill Nye the Science Guy and a bunch of stuff with the astrophysicist Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson. So yeah, it's not "...aren't I?", it's "...I AM a dork" :blush: . Be sure to keep that list updated; I can strike at any time and I'd hate for you to be caught unawares.

And just a general note to everyone, pretty much if you want something but it's too expensive or you need help with items to push a set or compilation into free territory don't hesitate to ask! Send me a PM through the forums so your business isn't put on blast. I will try my best to make sure you get what you want for your game. The worst I'll say is "Not right now but I'll try my best to come up with the points." I'm lucky enough to have the Bonus program be quite generous to me and I cannot hoard all the wealth. We all do much better when the spread it around as evenly as possible!
  • runzurunzu Posts: 184 Member
    @WaterHornet You're much too kind and yeah... I know about that glitch on the site. >w> <w< >w> I've just updated my wishlist (not my top 5) to something with more stuffs on it, just in case you swoop in again. LOL
    My picture perfect world is full of 'imperfections' and diversity. I don't own TS4.

Wishlist | Top 5 Wishlist | My Thank You Thread | Gift TPAY | Household Creation Game | Squeaky Clean Wishlist | RIP Past Sims
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Speaking of glitches, is anyone else having trouble trying to download the Store items? I was in the middle of downloading a few things earlier today, when the launcher suddenly stopped working. I can play the game, download things from the Exchange, but it will not download anything I own in the store. I made a thread about it in the Tech Help, a couple others are having the same issue. I thought I'd ask here too, because if it's happening to others, maybe we need to report it to staff to be fixed?

I have to admit, it wasn't a fun afternoon when it happened. EAHelp suggested I apply the Super patch, uninstall and reinstall Origin, then uninstall and reinstall the whole game. Not only did it not work, now I'm anxious about being able to get my Store content back in my game. I worked hard to watch all those commercials, I want to play with my stuff. :D:p

I'm a bundle of nerves when something in my games isn't working right.
  • MysticOstrich08MysticOstrich08 Posts: 701 Member
    edited August 2015
    Updated my Top 5 again :smiley:

EDIT: spelling
    tROiX0l.gif

My Threads

My Creation Thread
  • Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    Hello everyone! I'd like to say thank you to all of the generous Simmers who wander here. You've wiped out my wishlist so badly that it took a week to recover! (Well, that and I was having severe Internet connectivity issues.) But I've returned victorious and have updated my wishlist once again!

My Top 5 here
    My Wishlist here . I organized it by numerical value this week. What a pain! But it sure looks purty this here way :D
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • izaapizaap Posts: 346 Member
    Thank you @Reachsims for the great gifts :smiley:

Updated my top 5
  • shaliny1997shaliny1997 Posts: 646 Member
    edited August 2015
    Updated my top 5!

Thank you @Reachsims :wink:
    Happy simming!! :smiley:

• MegaMauricioMegaMauricio Posts: 238 Member
    Speaking of glitches, is anyone else having trouble trying to download the Store items? I was in the middle of downloading a few things earlier today, when the launcher suddenly stopped working. I can play the game, download things from the Exchange, but it will not download anything I own in the store. I made a thread about it in the Tech Help, a couple others are having the same issue. I thought I'd ask here too, because if it's happening to others, maybe we need to report it to staff to be fixed?

I also suffered an sudden closure of the launcher this morning,
    These things never happen to me. It is the first time.
    I am Bluebomber21 in theSims3. lol
    My Studio here.
    Accepting new friends!
  • jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member

I have to admit, it wasn't a fun afternoon when it happened. EAHelp suggested I apply the Super patch, uninstall and reinstall Origin, then uninstall and reinstall the whole game. Not only did it not work, now I'm anxious about being able to get my Store content back in my game. I worked hard to watch all those commercials, I want to play with my stuff. :D:p

I'm a bundle of nerves when something in my games isn't working right.

Yes, @Cabelle1863 my ability to download from the store last night wasn't working and sent me into a bit of a panic, too. Wish we could be notified when there are issues. Then we wouldn't waste our time trying to troubleshoot our own systems for no reason.. :angry: From what I'm told by others who have been on here much longer than me, not being informed is common and not to worry. :) I hope this puts you at ease a bit and hope that this is all fixed soon!
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,863 Member
    Thanks for the lottery nomination @Lizzie1234 and here's to hoping for a win! :smiley: Any help I get with my store (and I've been chasing full ownership since I can back to The Sims 3 after The Sims 4 mad me mad...) purchases means more SimPoints in my account to send out gifts. Lots and lots of shiny gifts! Be sure to keep your Wishlist updated. I've been granted almost my entire "lost" point balance from the other day when I spent about 11,000 points on a Friend List Wishlist sweep due to some...um...advantageous glitches on the ads. Let's just say 5 points every three seconds was something I couldn't help but exploit. If this keeps up I'll be giving out the entire store to just about everyone :D
    Haha you're so kind! Wow that's a helpful glitch ;) I keep updating my wish list and top 5 just in case somebody is kind enough to help me with some sets :p
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • debbycantydebbycanty Posts: 285 Member
    Thank you so much for the invite @Reachsims and thankyou so much for the gift. This community is amazing. It is late here so I will come back on in the morning. The forum won't let me post links yet so I have to work out what I am doing. This is all new to me. Thanks again. x0x
    Welcome @debbycanty and you're welcome for the gift. Most of our new members start with a basic post and when they have attained full member status they simply write a new list so they can add hyperlinks. Have a great night's sleep and we look forward to seeing you in the morning. :)
    edited February 2016
    Helpful pointers for those listed in the Gifting Directory...

This post under construction...

1. If you are a "new member" when you join us here, you will not be allowed to add hyperlinks to your post. When you achieve full member status, you are invited to write a new post where you will have full access to all member posting privileges, specifically, adding those helpful links.

2. If you have a long wish list, it is most helpful if you move your top five items/sets, etc... to the top of your wish list. (Even if you have a short list, this is still appreciated.) This saves us time when we are sending gifts to you. You want to save us time, right? Please add a link to your wish list in your top five post.

3. If something is on sale or on the Daily Deal, we cannot gift this from your wish list. EA no longer allows us to gift anything on sale - at the sale price. There is one exception, however. If you move the sale item to the very top of your wish list, this can be gifted from your My Page. The buyer will be paying full price (regardless of the sale price) but the buyer probably knows that already.

4. Do NOT re-post your top five list in your update post. This confuses other simmers who are still learning the ropes and makes my job harder. If you are working on completing a set or two, please just tell us what set/s you are working on when you update.

5. Editing your post: In the top right corner of each of your posts is a hidden tool icon that will be visible when you scroll your mouse near that top right corner. If you click on that, you will be able to edit your own posts.

6. Simmers who become inactive can expect to have their names removed from the directory after a period of time (like three months or so) but if they become active again, they can create a new post and I will add them back to the directory. This eliminates the problem of having a lot of inactive players still listed in the directory.

7. If you have been here a while... Do you get too many tags? Have a hard time keeping up sometimes? A way to work around that problem is to click on your Notifications tab. At the bottom of the pop-up window that will open, it says All Notifications. Click on that and a page will open up with the latest notifications. You can skim down the list and pick and choose what you want to follow-up on and ignore the hundreds of Gifting Directory or other notifications that don't concern or interest you, for lack of time. At the bottom of the full-sized Notifications page, you can access older pages. This is a quick and easy solution.

8. Deathlisting™ - What is it? What's it about? It's an old time Sims 3 Gifting Forum tradition and there is more information in this one post.

Post edited by Reachsims on
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    Thank you so much for the gifts @Reachsims! :blush:

Updated my top 5!
  • 23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    edited March 2016
    Top 5 from my Wishlist:

Thank You & Happy Simming, everyone!
    - Kels :heart:
    Post edited by 23kels89 on

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    I've changed and updated my wishlist and my top 5 on page 485.
  • SteveKarehaSteveKareha Posts: 160 Member
    edited August 2015
    Tumblr - MTS - TS3 Wishlist - TS3 Exchange - TS3 Top Five

Origin ID & Gallery: PinguinoGamer94 (Be sure to tick "See Custom Content"!)
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Thank you, @Reachsims, for the Hewnsman ceiling lamp and the Solace Snugabunny Deluxe Baby Swing. They're much appreciated. :) I updated my list.
  • NESChicNESChic Posts: 431 Member
    Hello everyone I have missed you Id like to say I haven't updated for some good reason like I was sick or a bear ate my computer but alas I was playing sims medieval I just got it. I have wanted to play it for years but never went for it. Well it was on sale for 9 bucks so why not right and I love it its totally different then the Sims but so much fun. Any who thanks for all the gifts when I was away making this update possible :)
    My top 5 is Here
    My wishlist
  • tiger_lily5tiger_lily5 Posts: 3,904 Member
    Thank you so much for the lovely gifts @cristill13! I love the top and the map is going to be perfect for my teen sims room. Thank you! :)

I have updated my top 5
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
    edited August 2015
    You're welcome @tiger_lily5. The points were a result of a sleepless night so I thought I'd share. apparently 4:00 am is a good time to gather points :) .
  • Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    Thanks to a lot of lovely simmers (notably @scillakees , @Reachsims , @charlotteprice , @angeljess26 and @cristill13 ) I got the Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes set for 125 points! My Top 5 is updated here to reflect my new focus on the Buccaneer's Bounty and the Loud, Fast, Clash - Bedroom set.
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .
    You're welcome @Readalot1.