Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Help With Mac!!

Katie123179Katie123179 Posts: 109 Member
So I am thinking of buy a Mac Book laptop and I wanted to know which newer version would be best for TS4. I know that Mac Book isn't the best for gaming, but I know for a fact it will run better than the laptop I own now. I just need some help with which ones I should consider buying. :)

Edit: What would you recommend as a gaming LAPTOP?

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    I strongly recommend Windows over OS X, but it is up to you. :)

MacBook Pro 15-inch:
    http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro

You need the 15-inch to have the best experience.

Alienware 15:
    http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-15/pd?ndlvid=2390-125214

If you have the money for the Mac, then you surely would have money for the gaming laptop. :)

The Sims does require a gaming computer.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
    I will also notifiy some experts... Both on Mac and Windows. :)
    @BluebellFlora
    @phoebebebe13
    @chesterbigbird
    @emmaning
  • Katie123179Katie123179 Posts: 109 Member
    Thank you @Colton147147
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    This MacBook if you chose a MacBook, it should be fine: http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=MJLT2LL/A&step=config
    It has very good specs but it's expensive ($2500 at minimum)
    Would you like to check out gaming laptops instead of suitable MacBooks?
    That MacBook is the only one I could find with a dedicated gpu (AMD Radeon r9) but it still has Intel iris pro aswell.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
    @emmaning thanks for the help and if you could find any gamming computers that are cheaper, but just as good quality then yeah.
    @emmaning thanks for the help and if you could find any gamming computers that are cheaper, but just as good quality then yeah.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-15/pd?ndlvid=2390-125214
  • SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    I've had fine quality and graphics with my Macbook Pro w/ Retina (early 2015) all at about medium/high settings. Nothing too glamorous but just enough for school and fun! I paid approximately $1700 for it from student discounts but it was the 256gb one just so I didn't run out of storage.

The game loads SUPER quick and after getting used to the trackpad it has been such a pleasure having a great laptop that I can play TS4 on just about anywhere.

If you were curious, I have an iMac (late 2013) that runs the game on all Ultra settings and it is so fun to use. Don't know if you're dead set on a Macbook but just a little hint of advice!

Good luck! :)

Simsocity
    @simsocity thanks sooooo much. I've always preferred Macbooks, but when it came to my attention that my friend had an older version without issues, I wasn't sure if any of the new updates done to the laptops would affect gameplay. Thanks so much again and I just needed someone who played on a mac to help me.
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member

Yw :) I found a gaming laptop tht is half the price and just as good, it isn't a MacBook tho.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152903
    It's an msi gaming laptop. Plus with PC there are far more games released than Mac.
    I love Mac for some aspects but in other aspects, a PC beats a Mac. Mac vs PC? Both are equal. One is perfect for one set of tasks while the other is perfect for a totally different world of tasks.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
    @simsocity do you only have base game installed or do you also have other content? Sorry I just now thought of the question
    @simsocity do you only have base game installed or do you also have other content? Sorry I just now thought of the question

I have the base game, Get to Work, & Outdoor Retreat all installed!
    Okay thanks... So if I were to have perfect patio and spa day it would still work just fine, right @simsocity
    Okay thanks... So if I were to have perfect patio and spa day it would still work just fine, right @simsocity

More than likely it should be fine!