Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiki's Builds: 11/4 Fairy Village Pic Pg 27

Comments

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Love Witch's Lair, very atmospheric and spooky; think what you'll be able to do if/when we get some "supernatural" content :D:o
  • SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    edited August 2015
    Wow your witch's lair looks perfectly suited to the theme! I really love the exterior landscaping and how it feels dark and mysterious. The interior eclectic black wood theme is beautifully done. I really adore the fire pit with the secret hidden bench used a grating, very clever and inventive idea! Overall its just so cool and beautifully done! :smile:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Witch's Lair looks great for Halloween! :) You have reflected the theme in your build very well ! It looks great how you have placed the trees, flowers and plants in the front areas of the build! The types of them and how you have placed them creates a great setting for your home! The gnomes look great there! The skeleton looks scary! The greenery trellis looks very nice over the front porch! The brick and wooden texture of the home looks great. It is great that you have a tombstone there as well! The sims will need to be wary of the cowplant when it is fully grown! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The back colour scheme gives a great effect! The kitchen looks very nice! It looks very creative how you have done the cauldron fireplace alcove! It looks great! The candles and books look nice on the shelf above the alcove. The crystals and potions are great touches on the wall shelves on the left of the alcove! Very nice cooking area of the kitchen! The hanging pans are nice kitchen touches on the walls. The type of stove suits well the type of home. Nice corner reading nook. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa there, reading a book from the bookcase. The candle lights give a great look to the room. Very nice loft master bedroom! The patterned bed that you have used suits well the theme! Very nice corner area where you have placed the tree stump, branch and candles! The crystals look very nice how you have placed them through the build! The brick texture of the bathroom suits well the home. Very nice harvestable garden nook area in the build! The garden hose, gardening tools and crates there are great gardening touches.
    The home is very nice :)
  • kameliaxxxkameliaxxx Posts: 132 Member
    I like your house. I think it suits well horror theme. The kitchen is great!
    Sorry that I can't write more but my English is practically nonexistent.
    Hugs <3
  • TheMatteo0TheMatteo0 Posts: 509 Member
    Your Witch's Lair build is really cool Tiki! I love the really creative landscaping and exterior design...which really fits the spooky Halloween feel perfectly! And the interior is also incredibly detailed and looks great. :)
  • PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    It can NEVER be too early to speak of Halloween :) I'm a bit surprised though, because this is a very creepy
    build from you! The skeleton hiding in the tree was enough for me :scream: lol! Nice work :D This is a must have! :)
  • Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    @loubyloulou Thank you so very much, and Oh you have no idea how much I would LOVE a Supernatural type EP for Sims 4!! That was the one EP that had me actually playing and I let building go for awhile!

@SpecterCody So happy you like the way it came out! I really wanted that worn look, but it's so hard to achieve with nothing in the way of that as far as objects go. So I decided just to go for a very dark moody look! LOL

@rosemow thank so much for your comment sweetie! I truly appreciate it!! <3

@kameliaxxx I appreciate your comment! Thank you!!

@TheMatteo0 Ah, thank you so much!! I am glad I was able to capture what I was going for! It was a little hard without CAST!

@Manssom A fellow Halloween lover?! Yay!! It has always been one of my favorite holidays!! Love all things spooky (in good fun of course)! Actually this is more of what I love to do! In Sims 3 with Supernatural and Moonlight Falls.... some of my biggest and most creative builds, especially using the fog emitter!! Thank you so much for the wonderful comment!! :)
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Halloween is such a magical time and you've really captured this with Witches Lair, a wonderful build with lots of interest and mystery :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    I love Halloween @Tiki5872 :) The Supernatural expansion for TS3 was one of my fav packs ^_^
    I can only hope that we might get something similar in TS4 :) I had such fun with the alchemy skill :smirk:
    Turning bad neighbours into simbots and mummies xD But the zombies, ugh! They were so annoying and their
    constant desire for "braaaaains" (because they obviously lost their own) drove me insanse :dizzy:
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Tiki, as you know, I love your Witch's Lair! Beyond just the fact that it's well designed both inside and out, it legitimately gave me that creepy vibe. I think it's things like how you combined the sunflowers with the alien plants and twisted trees and the way the crystals stand out in the darkness of the interior; really excellent contrasts! :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    Ok, this is really creepy! I love it! Great great job Tiki!
  • vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    Tiki, The Witch's Lair looks amazing!! I love halloween as well and you did a great job with the spooky part, it really looks it! :)
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    The Witch's Lair is fantastic! It's so dark and creepy and really feels like an evil Witch lives there. Great job!
    edited August 2015
    @masajo thank you!

@Manssom , I am right there with you! I do hope we get one for TS4, but I know a lot simmers don't like the idea! :( As for the zombies, they never really bothered my sim. I always built a fence so they could not get anywhere near them. Whenever I played my witch, she would always brew some extra "cure" potions for the zombies and than she would go out and cure anyone who would come around! :p

@BryonyRae Thanks Bry! Glad to know that creepy vibe came across, and if it wasn't for you always sharing your knowledge of the game, I would not have done half of the things I did to get that "creepy" vibe! So actually I owe you a double thanks!

@vethesims, spooky is exactly one of the feels I was going for! I am happy I was able to pull it off!! Thanks!!

@misscbong, LOL thank you!!

A big thank you to @Manssom, @BryonyRae, and @vethesims for nominating "The Witch's Lair"!! I really appreciate it!! <3
    Post edited by Tiki5872 on
    NewBanner.jpg
  • MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    @Tiki5872 your lots are beautifully unique and have a whimsical and charming touch that makes them stand out! I'll certainly download Industrial because it totally fits one of my artistic sims, I love that look! And Witches Lair is something special in a completely different kind of way. The baby cow plant is adorable and the way you combine all those plants and objects make it a creepy sight to see! I think one of the hardest things to do with moo is make the endproduct look like this is how objects look 'naturally' and wonder about how that effect was achieved a long second after; and you achieved that here masterfully, IMHO.
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    The Witch's Lair is very beautiful! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, especially that spooky feel and awesome roofing too! Your landscaping is very creepy, I mean beautiful, haha! ;) I especially like on how you did with dead trees using basement spaces. And your interior, beautiful! I like that creative fireplace and very spooky color scheme too! And very nice use of Victorian furnishing.
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Great job with Witches' Lair Tiki! <3 Love how you have created this mysterious vibe with those trees outside! Love the interiors too! Great use of the crystal stands. Will be adding to my favourite when I open the game. Lot to catch up on! :)
    @MorriSan thank you so much for your compliment! I do love to use MOO and take inspiration from a lot of other builders!

@RyeCris16, thank you!! Glad you like my spooky build! I have a feeling that I will be doing several more! I find them so much fun to build! :D

@yanti68, hello yanti thank you so much! I appreciate your comments!!
    NewBanner.jpg
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    Witch's Lair is super awesome! Absolutely love it! It's very creepy and scary! Perfect for a Halloween Witch! <3<3<3
    @Tiki5872 You are probably right! Still, fingers crossed :) Throwing potions on those pesky zombies
    was a brilliant idea! And then we had the cute peashooters of course :D What I really didn't like was the fact
    that a full moon could turn anyone into a zombie o.o I cannot count the times my simmies best friend, sibling
    or parent turned up as a zombie during the full moon even though they were perfectly normal before and after. Weird huh?
  • follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Tiki Great to see the pictures here of your wonderful Witch's Lair. Beautifully detail and eerie. xo Folly
    edited August 2015
    @Brennachan, thanks! Yeah I am already geared up for Halloween!! :p

@Manssom, LOL that happened to me when my sim was having a Halloween party! I did not realize it was going to be a full moon, and one of the guests turned into a zombe mid party!! I thought it was hilarious! Even funnier is the zombie continued to eat and dance like everyone else and did not try to "attack" anyone! The other cool thing about Supernatural, is it allowed me to create a "monster party" for a challenge I had done awhile back. I created a big spooky mansion with a creepy dinning room and than made a vampire. witch, ghost, etc and had them all gather for dinner, and I luckily timed it for a full moon!
    Screenshot-34.jpg

Screenshot-47.jpg

And one with that eerie moonlight glow!
    Screenshot-67.jpg

@follyfoot, thanks so very much! I really appreciate your comments!
    NewBanner.jpg
    edited August 2015
    Ahaha! That looks like a spectacular dinner party @Tiki5872 :D Gotta love the mummies :)
    And Bonehilda! They have to bring her back! BUT, they need to program her differently this time. She
    had this annoying obsession with making drinks in TS3 o.o I swear when she wasn't cleaning my simmies
    house she was always hitting the bar, making drinks only to throw them away and then start all over again :rage:

That and hiding my simmies clothes when they were in the hot tub ;D But that was actually fun.

I must say you do have amazing talent when it comes to spooky stuff judging from those pictures :)
    I have some decent halloween content in my TS3 studio but it was mostly sims and pets :) Edit: Typo!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    The pictures of your Monster dinner party look great! :) It would have been very fun for you to see all the different types of sims together, sitting around the table dining! It would have been a little scary though if you were simming in real life at night time when playing the game! The way you have set up the items on the dining table looks very nice! It looks a great dining room for Halloween !
    Yay for the release of Spooky Stuff!! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, right after Christmas that is!! I love all things spooky and scary!! So of course I am going to have fun with this theme being that it is close to Halloween and EA releases "Spooky Stuff". This is my first (yes I have another already complete, just need to do some tweaking) of a few builds I intend on doing in this style!

Castle of the Undead
    This lot has 10 bedrooms/8 bathrooms. There is a basement level that has the servants quarters, crypt like sleeping quarters, a gym (even unworldly spirits like to stay in shape, a room with lab and scientist equipment and also a dungeon for the unruly! Main level has a 2 story library, bathroom, sitting room, music room, TV area, dinning room and kitchen. Second floor has four bedrooms, and two bathrooms, and the top floor has master bedroom, and child's bedroom. There are lots of secret passages throughout this build. There is also a planted harvestable garden.

**MOO/enlarge cheat have been extensively used on this build. Please place in build mode.

Gallery link here

Slideshow link here

21828025661_adbd5968f7_h.jpg09-29-15_10-40-06 AM by Felicia Rafanan, on Flickr

21631609979_bee6d26aa4_h.jpg09-29-15_10-40-34 AM by Felicia Rafanan, on Flickr

21828023641_3f4e42ccbb_h.jpg09-29-15_10-49-20 AM by Felicia Rafanan, on Flickr

21630448250_de6022108b_h.jpg09-29-15_10-50-31 AM by Felicia Rafanan, on Flickr

21630616798_18d530992a_h.jpg09-29-15_10-52-13 AM by Felicia Rafanan, on Flickr

21828020251_9c86b058de_h.jpg09-29-15_10-52-36 AM by Felicia Rafanan, on Flickr

21818494135_a3354d51e6_h.jpg09-29-15_10-55-23 AM by Felicia Rafanan, on Flickr

21630614598_7e6cc807ff_h.jpg09-29-15_10-59-04 AM by Felicia Rafanan, on Flickr

21828017861_e25f8de7eb_h.jpg09-29-15_11-00-48 AM by Felicia Rafanan, on Flickr

21630614188_2e1ded9f99_h.jpg09-29-15_11-02-04 AM by Felicia Rafanan, on Flickr

21630442570_5dc8610f70_h.jpg09-29-15_11-02-44 AM by Felicia Rafanan, on Flickr

21195736234_40f21d6837_h.jpg09-29-15_11-06-50 AM by Felicia Rafanan, on Flickr

21630439660_ff55503a55_h.jpg09-29-15_11-13-33 AM by Felicia Rafanan, on Flickr

21792340866_cbe8595059_h.jpg09-29-15_11-13-53 AM by Felicia Rafanan, on Flickr

I took over 100 pictures of this lot! To see them all, click on the link for the slideshow above.

Hope you enjoy!! Happing Simming
    NewBanner.jpg