Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Is That Any Way To Dress A Sim" Voting - Closed

Comments

• Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited August 2015
    We need more votes, people! How can I have over 180 page views and only 18 voters!
  • Options
    I need votes so badly that I am now willing to entice them with gifts! So vote on your favorite pictures (only TWO, remember) and then make a new post that says "I voted" and you will be entered into a pool for a chance at a gift worth 50 Sim Points. I will give out one gift for every ten people who vote - and, yes, the fifteen people who already voted may also enter.

I've got Sim Points, people and I know that SOMEONE out there can use them!
  • Options
    lay1010lay1010 Posts: 219 Member
    I voted
    My wishlist Here
    My Thank you Thread is Here
    My Sims 3 page is Here
    My top 5 is Here
    It is so much fun to be here
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Voted! You don't have to gift me. I'm one of those people who viewed in the early stages then got busy and didn't come back. Great contest idea.
  • Options
    This is your last chance to vote! Voting closes tomorrow at Noon!
  • Options
    Last chance to vote!
  • Options
    FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    What time is it there? Looks like there's one first place and 2 second places :)
  • Options
    Time is up! Let's reward the winners!

The winner of 1,900 Sim Points is:
    @5W33TH34RT, picture 2 with 7 votes

The Second places winners are:
    @5W33TH34R, picture 1
    @MysticOstrich08, picture 1
    With 6 votes each - they get 750 Sim Points worth of stuff

The Third Place Winner is:
    @KayTayRoall, picture 1 with 4 votes

Everyone else gets 75 Sim Points per entry!

With 3 votes:
    @hyegal, picture 1
    @hyegal, picture 2
    @MysticOstrich08, picture 2

With 2 votes each:
    @charlotteprice:
    @KayTayRoall, picture 2

1 vote each:
    @2012Sims03, picture 2
    @br560
    @djsdragongirl, picture 1
    @djsdragongirl, picture 2
    @shaliny1997
    @toosoo

Sorry this is late but my keyboard is acting up and I keep losing letters!
  • Options
    Winners, please let me know what you would like. You can post here or up on my wall. If I don't hear from yu b Friday I will just give you random things from your wish-lists.

@5W33TH34RT, please pick 2,650 worth of stuff

@MysticOstrich08, you get 825 points worth of stuff

@KayTayRoall, please pick 325 pots worth of stuff

@djsdragongirl and @hyegal, you get 150 points each

@2012Sims03, @br560, @charlotteprice, @shaliny1997 and @toosoo you each get 7 points worth Store stuff

Only four people acknowledged voting! @Heledriel, you get to pick 50 points worth of stuff!

I was hoping that this contest would generate more interest - can anyone make any suggestions for improvements if I decide to hold anther contest?
  • Options
    MysticOstrich08MysticOstrich08 Posts: 701 Member
    Wow, thank you so much! Hadn't actually checked this thread for a while so this is a great surprise :D Thank you so much for hosting and congratulations to all the winners! B)

Please could you gift me these items from my wishlist please:
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=MysticOstrich08

#1 = Artistic Glass Pane - 41 SP

#3 = Polished Pebbles Mirror - 81 SP

#4 = Blank Space Window - 81 SP

#5 = Mounted Fireplace - 93 SP

#6 = Glass Flowers Column - 41 SP

#9. Lazy Sim Sofa Table - 81 SP

#14 = Teen Suburban Nights - 61 SP

#15 = The Undone Gentleman - 61 SP

#18 = Lacey Retreat Romper - 75 SP

Total = 615 SP

I'd like to split my winnings with @Heledriel so please could you gift @Heledriel these items please:
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Heledriel

#1 = GoGo Boots - 25 SP

#2 = Pentuple Earrings - 50 SP

#19 = Chess Champion Paintings - 29 SP

#24 = Backwoods Bookshelf - 100 SP

Total = 204 SP

Don't worry about trying to gift me the other 4 SP. Thank you so much for hosting! <3
    tROiX0l.gif

My Threads

My Creation Thread
  • Options
    FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    Congratulations to the winners! <3

@Schweighsr I think your contest was very nice actually! This is just a thought, but if you're looking for ways to attract more people, maybe next time try to include some sort of creativity. Like creating something in game~ I'm talking for myself though, other people may feel differently. I just enjoy creating. Thank you for hosting this contest! :)
  • Options
    Congratulations to the winners! <3

@Schweighsr I think your contest was very nice actually! This is just a thought, but if you're looking for ways to attract more people, maybe next time try to include some sort of creativity. Like creating something in game~ I'm talking for myself though, other people may feel differently. I just enjoy creating. Thank you for hosting this contest! :)
    Ditto that! Some people enjoy creativity - maybe you could do a poll on here after @Schweighsr or on your MyPage
    tROiX0l.gif

My Threads

My Creation Thread
  • Options
    5W33TH34RT5W33TH34RT Posts: 323 Member
    edited August 2015
    Edit: Thank you to everyone who voted!!

Thank you @Schweighsr! You're very generous! The first four items on my wishlist should add up to 2650: Aurora Skies, Derby Delight, Free Spirit, and Champion's Glory. Thank you so much!!
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=5W33TH34RT

Not really a suggestion, but a comment. If you run this one again, I bet more people will enter, because more people expressed interest than entered. Now you've got them on the lookout for strangely dressed sims in their games.
    Post edited by 5W33TH34RT on
  • Options
    2012Sim032012Sim03 Posts: 330 Member
    Congrats to everyone! :)

Schweighsr wrote: »
    I was hoping that this contest would generate more interest - can anyone make any suggestions for improvements if I decide to hold anther contest?
    @Schweighsr I thought it was a great contest! It was entertaining and sometimes shocking to see so many mismatched outfits in other people's games. Maybe some weren't able to find a poorly dressed sim. I think the next contest could involve making something to lure in the creative people here? Maybe you could also post about the contest in other threads, like wishlist threads? Anyway, those are my ideas.

May I get the Quilted Vest on my wishlist (http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=2012Sim03)? Thanks for the contest!
  • Options
    Okay, I have gifted everyone so far. I want to thank everyone who entered, it was fun. I may have another contest because I still have more Sim Points to give away. I'll try to think of something else that would be fun.

I think it is very generous of you, @MysticOstrich08, to share your winnings, so I sent you a little something extra.
  • Options
    2012Sim032012Sim03 Posts: 330 Member
    Thank you @Schweighsr for your gifts! Not expecting more than one, so thanks!
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the gifts! :D
    tROiX0l.gif

My Threads

My Creation Thread
  • Options
    djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    Winners, please let me know what you would like. You can post here or up on my wall. If I don't hear from yu b Friday I will just give you random things from your wish-lists.

@djsdragongirl and @hyegal, you get 150 points each

Thank you so much @Schweighsr for my prizes I would like to have:

Gothique Double Bed 46 points
    Gothique Sofa 51 points
    Gothique Dining Table 35 points

which should total 132 points. (I wanted the Gothique End Table (26points) to but that would have put me over, so I would be happy with just the 3 mentioned above. Thank you :)
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Oh yeesh, I didn't even think about what I would do if I won, since I pretty much own the store. Time to find some wishlists to raid...

Well, since I happened to notice her post right above mine, let's start with @djsdragongirl - http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=djsdragongirl
    31. Gothique End Table - 26sp
    37. Gothique Wall Mirror - 34sp

Then @Heledriel - http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Heledriel
    17. String of Inspiration (Wall) - 50sp
    18. String of Inspiration - 50sp

And also @AriyAriy - http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=AriyAriy
    21. Table End Table - 50sp
    23. Theo's Contempo End Table - 50sp
    40. Double Root End Table - 55sp

...'cause end tables?
  • Options
    HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    woot woot? Why always me :astonished:

I should congratulate the winners they both truly earned it @MysticOstrich08 and @5W33TH34RT !
    And want to thank you @MysticOstrich08 and @KaytayRoall for sharing some of your winnings with me <3 It is very kind and generous of you both, and I really appreciate the lovely things you chose for me :mrgreen:

@Schweighsr I didn't even know we get something for voting :D I guess the first item on my wishlist will do (the only one for 50sp right now).
    store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Heledriel
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif
  • Options
    Gifted! And End tables are good, @KaytayRoall. I hope everyone enjoys their new objects!

I still need to hear from @hyegal, @br560, @charlotteprice, @shaliny1997 and @toosoo! If you don't respond by Friday I will just gift you random stuff from your wish-lists!
  • Options
    shaliny1997shaliny1997 Posts: 646 Member
    edited August 2015
    @Schweighsr thank you for the contest! I'd like you to get random stuff :smirk:
  • Options
    djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    edited August 2015
    @KaytayRoall Thank you so much :) I will certainly enjoy these gifts :)
    @Schweighsr Thank you so much for the gifts :) They will all certainly be in my next build :)
    Post edited by djsdragongirl on
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    Gifted! And End tables are good, @KaytayRoall. I hope everyone enjoys their new objects!

I still need to hear from @hyegal, @br560, @charlotteprice, @shaliny1997 and @toosoo! If you don't respond by Friday I will just gift you random stuff from your wish-lists!

Please can you gift me something random? I'd like to be surprised :)
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    HeledrielHeledriel Posts: 465 Member
    @Schweighsr Thank you so much for the blazer and the string of inspiration <3! both are lovely.

@KaytayRoall (nice to see your avatar around here again ;) ) Thank you again hon, for the string of inspiration (I hope it stays true to its name :mrgreen: !)
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
    wW5u961.gif