Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    lisa17ann wrote: »
    It's a big build isn't it @Issabella14 I wish I had like 50k more :D
    Yes, @lisa17ann, I have such a great idea for a vineyard and I am about 2000 short to clutter is up a bit. Do you know if it is 60 000 on gallery or with property. :)

I don't know @Issabella14 :( but, I'd love to know. This part is always so hard for me to figure out lol I think it should just be the upload cost right? lol I'm done if the it the build cost is 60k but if it's not I'd love to put more landscaping in too!

Unless land is "donated" (like in Think Tiny), the lot cost should always be factored into the total budget (lot cost+build cost = 60,000 for this challenge). That goes back to the variety of lot costs based on location in Sims 3 and the "beautiful vista" moodlet that was associated with some of the higher cost lots, making them a good investment in some cases. Also, I think the lot cost and Exchange cost were the same in Sims 3, so there was less room for question.

We'll try to come up with a way to make it clearer for Sims 4 and update the rules/info accordingly. Sorry for the confusion :(
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    It's a big build isn't it @Issabella14 I wish I had like 50k more :D
    Yes, @lisa17ann, I have such a great idea for a vineyard and I am about 2000 short to clutter is up a bit. Do you know if it is 60 000 on gallery or with property. :)

I don't know @Issabella14 :( but, I'd love to know. This part is always so hard for me to figure out lol I think it should just be the upload cost right? lol I'm done if the it the build cost is 60k but if it's not I'd love to put more landscaping in too!

Unless land is "donated" (like in Think Tiny), the lot cost should always be factored into the total budget (lot cost+build cost = 60,000 for this challenge). That goes back to the variety of lot costs based on location in Sims 3 and the "beautiful vista" moodlet that was associated with some of the higher cost lots, making them a good investment in some cases. Also, I think the lot cost and Exchange cost were the same in Sims 3, so there was less room for question.

We'll try to come up with a way to make it clearer for Sims 4 and update the rules/info accordingly. Sorry for the confusion :(

Thanks for the reply :)
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited August 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #:24 McGregor's Farm
    FORUM ID:Lisa17Ann
    ORIGIN ID:Lisa17Ann
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Sunflower Farm
    LOT COST: $8,500
    BUILD COST: $51,499
    TOTAL COST: $59,999
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s70.photobucket.com/user/puppyhugger17/slideshow/Sunflower Farm?sort=9
    ENTRY DETAILS: Sunflower Farm has a quaint and cosy feel. A Lot of land around the property to expand the growing plots over time or just some nice wide open spaces for the grand kids to run around, a fishing pond, potting shed, and full lush flowerbed’s to keep All the McGregor Clan Happy! Inside this cheerful looking farmhouse is a real country home. Nothing too fussy mind you! You enter into the living room that has stairs leading up to 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. Off the living room you’ll find a full bathroom and a nice kitchen for Mrs. McGregor to cook and bake with a walk in pantry and access to the dining room and back garden. Hopefully This new farm has a loved and lived in feel and that no pesky rabbits will ruin the McGregor’s fun!

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM:N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please =)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC, MOO, bb.showhiddenobjects, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    sff1.jpg
    sff3.jpg
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    @Moodbeamy - lovely build! For this challenge, we judge based on the pictures of your build. (This is because as more Expansions, Game Packs, Stuff Packs and other DLC come out, the less likely it is that every judge will have every object you might use in the build) For a build this size, around 20 pictures would be a low number. Please show us each room from more than one angle as well as all sides of the house, making sure you show off all your design details. Please let us know if you have any questions :)

I have updated my slideshow to include more pictures (there are now almost 70!). The link is in my original post but I will place it here too:

http://s26.photobucket.com/user/Piipp/slideshow/BnS24

Thank you. :smile:
    tFU6JMe.png
    edited August 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #:24 McGregor's Farm
    FORUM ID:Issabella14
    ORIGIN ID:Issabella14
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT NAME: Goede Hoop Wynplaas
    LOT COST: $3 000
    BUILD COST: $56 654
    TOTAL COST: $59 654
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/Challenge 24
    GALLERY LINK: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/C433841E404711E58C10C4BD7C8DE560
    ENTRY DETAILS: Goede Hoop Wynplaas, is situated in the heart of the Cape province, South Africa. Mr McGregor loves this farm for its vineyards and breathtaking Dutch Cape farm house that goes so well with the surrounding landscape. Mrs McGregor enjoys the potting shed and loves tending the garden. Everyday Mr McGregor tends to the vineyard and the vinification of the grapes. At sunset he and Mrs McGregor enjoys a glass of wine before turning in for the night.

ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM:N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes =)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC, MOO, bb.showhiddenobjects, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    1%201_zpshc36cetq.jpg
    1%202_zpsx54qtkdt.jpg
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    edited August 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 24

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LOT: Great Oaks
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 57,961
    TOTAL COST: 59.561

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/masajo2/slideshow/Farm

ENTRY DETAILS: Cottage style farmhouse with flower beds for Mrs McGregor and a protected garden with veg plots for Mr McGregor. Potting shed and outdoor seating under the old oak tree. Modern rustic interiors.

ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/E527A8C3405811E58DBC2AEBF2F9C755?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=cevans1962&max=25

fd550e44-f25a-4557-8823-fccc8b0b8426_zps497ultzj.png
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited August 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: wrathofcath
    ORIGIN ID: wrathofcath
    LOT: Cottontail Farm
    LOT COST: $3,000
    BUILD COST: $56,853
    TOTAL COST: $59,853

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: s1285.photobucket.com/user/WrathofCath/slideshow/Cottontail%20Farm?sort=6

ENTRY DETAILS: Mr. McGregor found a nice piece of land over on Brook Bungalow in Willow Creek for only $3,000. The cost of the home was $56,853 and includes everything he hoped for and more. There are two bedrooms and two baths, lovely flower gardens all around for Mrs. McGregor and a nice enclosed garden for all of Mr. McGregor's perfect quality fruits and vegetables. It even has that shed that Mr. McGregor was hoping for. There's a wonderful pond for fishing in or just relaxing by, out front and a nice patio with more flower beds in back. The only downside to everything is...Rabbits... Mr. McGregor has his suspicions that his wife sneaked one in. She always had a soft spot for those critters. Now they've multiplied, of course and the worst part is, the grandkids found one Inside and want to name it!

ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering)
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, cheats used: MOO, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and bb.showhiddenobjects

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

08-10-15_4-02nbspPM_zpsrcbazq93.png
    08-10-15_11-55nbspAM_zpsfmxxhbxj.png

• Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    edited August 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: chris2fer03
    ORIGIN ID: chris2fer03
    LOT: Country Charm
    LOT COST: $2,000.00
    BUILD COST: $57,917.00
    TOTAL COST: $59,917.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: s1290.photobucket.com/user/chris2fer03/slideshow/Country%20Charm
    ENTRY DETAILS: Country charm is full of character and life with thriving plants and a pond for fishing. There's a small orchard, enclosed garden and a greenhouse perfect for potting veggies and flowers. The pond is stocked and even has small dock, hope the fish don't nibble on your toes. ;) The property is lined with beautiful, lush landscaping with flowers and mature trees. Moving inside, the main level features an open layout with an open living, dining and kitchen area. The master is tucked behind the stairs and features a master bathroom. There's a guest bedroom upstairs in the converted attic with a joining bathroom as well. This charming home is just what the McGregor's have been searching for. :)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None. However, I would like to credit @BryonyRae for her basement spaces tutorial and her use of the glass display case as seamless glass rooms. I was able to create a greenhouse potting shed using her tutorial. Thanks Bry! :)

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

08-11-15_8-31nbspPM-3_zpseppw6les.png

08-11-15_8-30nbspPM-2_zpsm1p3glzp.png
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Wow - loving these entries! I hope I have time to finish taking pictures of mine tomorrow :dizzy:

@lisa17ann - Sunflower Farm is adorable! So cheery, and I love the gardens.

@Issabella14 - Such a cool vineyard! Is it typical South African architecture? I've never seen anything quite like it, and I love it!

@masajo - such a cute little home! Love the white picket fence, the truck out front, and the flower bed for Mrs. McGregor.

@wrathofcath - I can't even... I'm drooling right now. So beautiful!

@Chris2fer03 - Mrs. McGregor will go wild for those flower beds! Love the entry gates you created - very cool.

• folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited August 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: folala
    ORIGIN ID: folala
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/4A67BF1640F411E58A9BDD3160E4BD92?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=rabbit-proof farm&max=25

LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 57, 997
    TOTAL COST: 59, 997
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/Folalas/slideshow/sims4buildnshare24

ENTRY DETAILS: This build was a little bit rushed to be honest. I've been ridiculously tired the last few weeks so only started yesterday but I hate missing a challenge so I'm entering it anyway. Its a smallish house with the rabbit-proofed garden & shed to the back and flowerbeds and fishing hole at the front.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES: 08-11-15_9-18nbspPM-2_zpsppmxtxua.png
    Thank you @KittKat7147, all these farm entries are sooooo amazing. I cannot choose a favorite, I love them all. <3<3:)
    Seriously you all are amazing! I'm always so wow'ed by how different we all approach the builds. I feel like mine looks like a cartoon compared to all these super realistic and stunning farms!

Seriously you all are amazing! I'm always so wow'ed by how different we all approach the builds. I feel like mine looks like a cartoon compared to all these super realistic and stunning farms!

No, don't think like that @lisa17ann, it takes all sorts to make the world go round and your all sorts is looks pretty good to me. <3:)
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    @WrathofCath I love the Cottontail Farm. Makes me wish we had bunnies that could either hop around or be cared for. :)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

Thanks @Issabella14 I do like my build but sometimes I'm like dang y'all should be RL architects lol :) I'm just happy to participate and see what everyone else come up with!

@mommataurus2 oh how cute would that be! I'm picturing little bunny hutches like the chicken coop in sims3

• mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    @Lisa17ann I know what you mean. Sometimes I see what everyone else has come up with and it makes me have momentary doubt of my creativity. I think it pushes us to try harder. To try and out think the "best". I loved your sunflower build too. That one needs butterflies and a beehive though. :) remember the beehives! And yes I was thinking bunny hutches just like the chicken coop. :) Love being around like-minds!!!!!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Everyone's entries are doing very so cozy and gorgeous! Awesome work everyone! :smiley:
    Can't wait to see what's the next challenge is! :relaxed:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    The standard of the farm builds in this thread is amazing! Well done on the hard work everyone! I have a particular fondness for Cottontail Farm @WrathofCath as it is just so cute! I think you've all blown my build out of the water but that's just fine; I really enjoyed creating my farm and it was a pleasure to participate in this challenge! As @RyeCris16 has said, I cannot wait to see what the next challenge is!
    tFU6JMe.png
    @mommataurus2 Awww yeah beehives too! I'd love if they did a pets EP that included pets like rabbits and chickens ect so it's like part farm pack! Lol it's the country girl in me :) I think everyone has done above and beyond this challenge. Poor judges lol

• folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    I'd love if they did a pets EP that included pets like rabbits and chickens ect so it's like part farm pack! Lol it's the country girl in me :)
    That would be great, I'd even settle for a farm themed gamepack with a rural world!
    @mommataurus2 Awww yeah beehives too! I'd love if they did a pets EP that included pets like rabbits and chickens ect so it's like part farm pack! Lol it's the country girl in me :) I think everyone has done above and beyond this challenge. Poor judges lol

I've said this TS4 was announced that I would love them to replace 'Pets' with 'Farm Life.' It would include cats and dogs as usual but with a host of farm animals (I don't mind if they're tied to objects like those of TS3 Store) and the ability to run a farm and sell goods produced by our Sims (which GTW would enable). It would be incredibly fun. I actually started building a much larger farmhouse for this challenge but I had to scrap it as it was far exceeding the budget. I've kept it saved to my library however so that if and when we eventually do get farming items (I expect we will, they sold very well in TS3 Store) I can plop it on a 64x64 lot and build a proper farm. :smiley:
    tFU6JMe.png
    We're posting Challenge #25 now, but keep those farm entries coming in tonight if you have them! :) The close time of the challenge is midnight...but I won't be back on until around 6:30 AM CDT tomorrow to officially close it (so have a few extra hours to finish up those pics if you need to ;) )

Summer Designer Showdown

It is that time again! Time to let your style truly shine and compete in the Summer Designer Showdown! You will all decorate the same shell for this challenge. This time, it’s all about Design and Landscaping.

We saw some amazing results and even some favorited lots with the past showdowns, so heat things up even more this time and dazzle the masses with your designer magic. You have 2 full weeks for this challenge, so pay attention to detail and make those lots beautiful!

But, wait, there is a twist!

You must choose ONE inspiration object to base your design on. It can be ANY object from ANY category of the catalogue! In your media, the first picture in your slideshow should be of your inspiration object. It does not have to be a literal translation of the object, so please describe in the "Entry Details" section of the entry form how you drew inspiration from the object you chose.

This is the house:

5c4b352f-3ecc-4c89-bdf1-eceb976c56e6_zpsmiejzwap.jpg

Download from the Gallery - BnS25 Designer Showdown (#BnS25)

Rules and details:
    •You can designate the rooms however you like, but your outcome should be a 3 bedroom house with 2 bathrooms.
    •You cannot change the size or location of foundations, exterior walls, and roofing.
    •Yes, all exterior walls, foundations, and roofing sizes must remain the same.
    •You can, however, add INTERIOR walls; as long as the home remains a 3bdr/2ba home.
    •You can replace doors, windows, and stairs, but they have to remain in the same position (meaning if it's a 2 tile window, you have to replace it with a 2 tile window or 2 single tile windows, etc.) Doors CAN be replaced with an arch of the same size if desired.
    •You can't change the roof shape, but you CAN change the texture and color, the pitch, add trim, adjust the curvature, etc.
    •You can add structural elements for landscaping purposes, such as a greenhouse, gazebo, or a carport, but they cannot be attached to the main house.
    •You CAN add a cover over the back porch that is attached to house if you wish.
    •You CAN change, add or delete any fencing and columns.
    •This must be on a 40x30 lot (can be placed in any neighborhood/world).
    •THERE IS NO BUDGET! Have fun, and go crazy :D
    •The theme is completely up to you. It does not have to be Summer themed - your house should reflect your inspiration object.
    •You do not need any game packs to compete. The house was built with only base game elements.
    •CC is allowed, but please list/link/credit them when you submit so that downloaders can find them!

Please use hashtag #BnS25 for your uploads.

A reminder, when you provide media for your build to allow us to give you feedback, please ensure that it is in the form of a slideshow. No videos please, as these make the process a lot more cumbersome.

Deadline: Wednesday 26th August, Midnight CMT.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited August 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 24 Mr. McGregor's Farm
    FORUM ID: kittkat7147
    ORIGIN ID: kittkat7147
    LOT: McGregor Farm
    LOT COST: 2,500
    BUILD COST: 57, 364
    TOTAL COST: 59,864 (before playtesting & uploading to gallery)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s686.photobucket.com/user/Kitkat7145/slideshow/McGregor Farm?sort=6
    ENTRY DETAILS: This little farmhouse hits all of Atholl McGregor's requests as well as showcasing beautiful flowerbeds for his wife. The grandkids have plenty of room to knock around on the upper level (sleeps 3). Atholl has finally found a way to beat his nemesis rabbits with a somewhat high stone wall around the gardens.

SIM: Atholl & Buelah McGregor
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: Rabbit Proof Shed
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    Recolors by myself
    CC by Artists @ TSR - Ung999 (acacia & juniper), WondyMoon (neobium), Lulu265 (elegant), Pilar (ambientes), Severinka (serenity), Simcredible (Call of the Wild)
    MangoSims (boston)
    OnyxSims @ blogspot (Jijo)
    thesimsmodels.com /milana
    retextured chisimi.tumblr.com, converted roses, VILLAGERS Seeds
    Peacemakeric - Grove Furniture Collection
    Sim-ply Spendid - Paintings in Blue

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

08-12-15_10-18nbspPM_zpsjirmy2yb.png

08-07-15_11-08nbspPM-2_zpspeijocao.png
    Challenge #24 is officially closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    This link does not work.
    -
    Builders' Boulevard - A builders' forum and website
    http://www.buildersboulevard.com
    -
    It shows a message:
    This domain may be for sale. Backorder this Domain
    This Domain Name Has Expired - Renewal Instructions.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top